Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you guys think of those who try not to execute Liches or Sisters?

Aquapisces

Recently the question has provoked heated discussion in my server and other Warframe forums:Do you accept that your teammate choose not to try to kill the lich or sister in the mission under the circumstance of no murmur is solved?

Sounds unbelievable?Then pls listen to what players who do not accept this will say.

I see opinions like these:

"In a squad made up with random players,our joint goal is to kill the Sister as fast as possible.If we see our sister appearing we will try to parazon her without hesitation,but what if you choose not to do so?you r just wasting our time and trying leeching our 10 point."

"If you choose not to parazon the sister,we see you only selfish and self-centered as you never know to benefit your teammates you just think of you yourself."

"Go to solo if you don't want to pazazon her,and make room for helpers."

"With your sister in the mission ours will not appear.If you do not parazon the time used to finish the mission is extended and our time is wasted."

"The core is that you are too weak.If you have a banshee or nyx that will not be the case."

These are opinions of dissent.However the true situation is never what it seems to be.Sisters tend to appear before the first requium murmur is solved.Then,what should we do?Ignore the true need and waste the chance that the sister appear and let her go to the next sector?

In my server I see many players being aware of this but they choose to ignore the situation of their teammates and still forcing them to parazon their sisters even if no murmur is solved.They do not care and just say it's for the improvment of 4,not you one.

I feel so puzzled----why it seems that seldom do players take care of the need and situation of their teammates?In practice I hardly see players being angry because of that,but the status quo often gives me the illusion that most players hate it.

Let me clearify my opinion.I never mind any one of my teammates choosing not to parazon their sister because their murmur is not solved,but seems that lot of players cannot underatand such a simple reason and easily get outragous. So what you guys think about it?Accept it or not?

I always parazon even if I have no mod installed at all. I don’t care about higher lvl, everything is doable, but I respect dont like when people waste time of not killing their sister, like really during this can appear sister of normal human , which will be parazoned and we got 10 murmurs. Instead we tied with sister of smocker, that potentially ruins run for normal people.

Not that I can do anything about it, so I mostly just leave to not waist mission attempt because of this smocker dude

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Aquapisces:

These are opinions of dissent.However the true situation is never what it seems to be.Sisters tend to appear before the first requium murmur is solved.Then,what should we do?Ignore the true need and waste the chance that the sister appear and let her go to the next sector?

doesnt this just say the same thing but in a different tone as:

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Aquapisces:

"If you choose not to parazon the sister,we see you only selfish and self-centered as you never know to benefit your teammates you just think of you yourself."

Just now, o0Despair0o said:

Doesn't matter what excuse you come up with, if you have a Lich/Sister and join a public squad, you stab them.

Personally, I disagree with this opinion.  While most of the time I will go ahead and stab my lich/sister when I get the chance, there are times when I am very close to unlocking a requiem and know that if I stab at that point, I'll be re-setting the rage meter which will really set me back.  Typically, murmurs are not my problem - it is getting the lich/sister to spawn when I am ready and I am not willing to waste those rare opportunities.  

To be clear, for me, this is about 1 time in 10 that I won't stab.  It's usually just when a lich pops up very early in the rage build-up.

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Just chill. And why should I stab my lich-sis when I don't even know the first requiem?

Because it gives you murmurs and you should be guessing every stab? If you can't handle a level 5 Lich/Sister you shouldn't be in the system to be honest. Not stabbing while in a squad griefs others' progress.

Doesn't matter either way to me, it's their choice. Doing anything for my personal immediate benefit that will end up making their life harder in the future (in the case of someone who just doesn't want to level up their nemesis), is something I'd never expect or ask of anyone else.

You should always be using Oull in one of your slots until you know all three. This progresses the Sister/Lich faster for you and  always stabbing speeds up the mission for everyone else. Using Oull also eliminates the "I don't know the murmur excuse." If raising Sister/Lich level is a problem there are better ways to increase your damage/survivability than hunting Liches.

Don’t want to poke your sister or lich?  Fine. But at least beat her up three times fast so she goes away ASAP.  It’s the people who flat out ignore their liches/sisters that piss off everyone.  

I myself always poke my sister or lich because I find the higher level missions more fun and the murmur gain is worth it. 

it doesn't bother me at all, i'm already getting helped with my own progress anyway and it's hard for some people to kill their level 4-5 lich/sister. some people forget the fact that not all people are hardcore min-maxers that have the best weapons and gear available.

38 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Just chill. And why should I stab my lich-sis when I don't even know the first requiem?

I think it's to maybe get lucky and find out what the first requiem is, which consequently cuts down on the murmur grind.

I once found out 2 requiems on my first blind stab. 2 requiems I didn't need to run lich missions for.

Your requiem isn't consumed when you get it wrong, so the only harm is slightly higher level lich/enemies.

I don't mind. I'll usually try accommodate other players preferences. Also if I am in PUG I don't really have expectations. 

Also people frame the different approaches with different attitudes. Like "that way is selfish", "this way is selfless", when the only real selfless attitude is keeping in mind different peoples experiences/preferences are different and being okay with accommodating that. Hypothetically, if I just stabbed a Sister, and I go into a new mission, and 3 lower levelled players with Sisters that hardly appear, had their Sisters appear, but they also just learnt a new Requiem, and they all preferred not to stab, but they also downed their Sisters... wouldn't hold much weight if I claimed they were being selfish, under the abstract notion I would have stabbed my Sister (when in actuality that person would benefit more than the other players) and thats just one scenario, because depending on the specifics, what's easier or faster or both will differ. Like I'd sympathise, since hypothetically if that person ended up in a stab happy group, they'd probably walk away with a new Requiem uncovered, but its not so black and white. 

I personally **always** stab because I am MR 31/L1, have 8 Oull, a bunch of Requiem Ultimatum, find killing the Sisters/Liches easy. I do what I can to maximise murmur progress for others, out of courtesy and personal etiquette, not because I believe everyone should absolutely. Everyone's situation is different. I have had Sisters that only appeared after 5 nodes were cleared. When you have a Lich/Sister that doesn't appear often and you are on the verge of discovering a new Requiem, that could end up saving you a lot of time... the people shouting at their own personal loss murmur progress are guilty of a type of "selfishness" as well (but to be frank, neither type of player should be characterised this way, just some people like to frame it this way, as if it gives them the moral high ground).

Oh, and I said always, but sometimes I play with pre-made group of friends/friends only, and occasionally I won't stab, since sometimes its actually faster not to. Unlike randoms who often seperate after each mission, we are stuck together, so sometimes patient stabbing actually benefits others much more. If waiting one extra mission gives myself the right requiem/order, can help skip entire planets of progress, get you and your friends to a Confrontation faster. Again, it actually depends, on certain variables, how you use Oull, how frequent/infrequent a Sister/Lich appears, when you play with a team that sticks together and communicates vs doesn't/don't, intergroup luck, in general vs specific situations/cases. 

Oh, it should go without saying, but if you don't want to stab, be okay with other people downing your Sister/Lich as well, and ideally you should be downing them as fast as you can. If you are good at killing/downing Sisters/Lichs, also try make sure their target is nearby too. I can empathise more with people who want their Lich/Sister to spawn, if someone is avoiding theirs (but since anyone can down them, isn't too much of an issue). Also communication is a thing. Its good to be good. I had a game we one person was vitriolic because someone's Sister spawned and their target didn't stab. I recognised it as a glitch, but the other guy was just angry. Then next mission, the same glitch happened to the angry guy. Being angry and accusatory isn't going to change peoples behaviours.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Because it gives you murmurs and you should be guessing every stab? If you can't handle a level 5 Lich/Sister you shouldn't be in the system to be honest. Not stabbing while in a squad griefs others' progress.

I don't know about you, but for some reason my sisters literally appear in the very first mission. You are suggesting that I "guess" a requiem mod that I am likely to get wrong 23 out of 24 times (or 95.83¯%). If I know just a single requiem, it helps in the process of elimination. At that point, I don't hesitate to stab the lich-sis.

If playing using a mechanic that DE integrated into their system is grieving, then make a case for DE to remove the "3 knock-downs and leaves" feature. If the feature didn't exist, then I most certainly would stab my lich because I don't want to rooster block other players from meeting their lich-sisters.

Thanks for saying, "you shouldn't be in the system to be honest". It is demeaning and insensitive, and I expected more from a player with your reputation.

I can play content with level 5 lich-sisters, but I don't enjoy it. I don't use meta builds and weapons, so I'm not in the "I already melt level 999 content, it's so easy and boring" category of players.

40 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

why not? It gives you murmurs, you automatically have a shot at just downing the thing, it helps your team in pubs. It allows you to prevent yoursself from having to enter a node you hate just to kill them. The reasons can go on and on.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

I don't know about you, but for some reason my sisters literally appear in the very first mission. You are suggesting that I "guess" a requiem mod that I am likely to get wrong 23 out of 24 times (or 95.83¯%). If I know just a single requiem, it helps in the process of elimination. At that point, I don't hesitate to stab the lich-sis.

If playing using a mechanic that DE integrated into their system is grieving, then make a case for DE to remove the "3 knock-downs and leaves" feature. If the feature didn't exist, then I most certainly would stab my lich because I don't want to rooster block other players from meeting their lich-sisters.

Thanks for saying, "you shouldn't be in the system to be honest". It is demeaning and insensitive, and I expected more from a player with your reputation.

I can play content with level 5 lich-sisters, but I don't enjoy it. I don't use meta builds and weapons, so I'm not in the "I already melt level 999 content, it's so easy and boring" category of players.

Ah, now I see where you are coming from. Its always nice to see things from the other side of the coin. 

Archived