Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Short Break Before I…..

(PSN)chubbslawson

I thought that I had better take a short break tonight before I stomp my controller into pieces and throw my console through my tv. What has me so upset you ask,here I will tell you . I am trying to put each Warframe into my Helminth so I thought that I would do a little farming. Tonight’s victim is Equinox,nice easy quick runs,right.   Well here is the breakdown so far.   5 day aspects, 7 day chassis,5 day neuroptics,9 day systems,6 night chassis’s,6 night neuroptics,and 10 night systems aaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!   I remember now why farming sucks. I keep one of everything in the game but thanks to the suckbutt rng of this game I am fixing to blow that rule out ,so goodbye my regular Equinox rng has done you in. All because apparently DE has ran out of the night aspects to hand out.DE if you read this, make some more night aspects,or don’t be so chintzy handing them out.     Now I had better go find myself a Valium and calm down so can get back to the game .

Farming makes you want to break your controller...I have been there I won't lie, but not to the point where I wanna break something that costs a pretty penny for a poor schmuck like me. I just get tired of the farm and try again later personally. But this just goes to show how bad the drop rates are, and in the case of equinox, it's not just because the drop rate for some parts are so low. The fact that one boss essentially shares two frames makes the grind for equinox mind numbing. Rng was on my side when I got her for MR, and again for Helminth. All I can say is keep going, or just wait for a coupon and buy the frame. 

I know how you feel. The best way to deal with that obsession is: you don't need to farm anything on one run. Got it? Do it 2 times a day, eventually you'll get all you need and can chose the next farm. 

I used this method on my way to farm my first Nidus and Trinity, after getting stressed. It ended that one day I got the Last needed part for both of them twice in a row. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, the alternative method of platinum exists. I mean platinum gained from trades. It's often the case that the time it takes to accumulate some platinum that way is less than it takes to do the actual direct grinding for a specific item.

I tend to prefer grinding that can be "two birds with one stone" - for example, relics. You can get tons of items through them, starting from forma BPs (always useful) but more importantly lots and lots of prime parts. These can be sold for ducats for your benefit or sold to buyers; there are always some willing to purchase silver and golden drops for standard prices. Never mind those who buy the parts to complete frames and items. Same goes for requiem relics. Parazon mods are always in demand, amber stars help you fill sculptures which are also easily sold.

Do I like this? Not necessarily, but at least it exists as an approach. I'd rather do a grind that builds up benefits/items even in small increments rather than a frustrating one.

8 hours ago, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

I stomp my controller into pieces and throw my console through my tv.

ragegaming is so 2019.
nowadays economy is lot tougher so sane people can't afford to break stuff anymore.

by the way, if you think equinox is hard... oh boy...
tyl regor is a quick fight when compared to some other frame farms; lord have mercy on trinity's awfully dragged out ambulas fight.
warframe is never and will never be about "getting an item". it's about your journey to get that item.

just think about it, why do people bother doing the obnoxious and dragged out lich farming, when they have a 56% heat zarr? does the extra 4% make any difference? no.
they do it just so they can spend another couple hours inside warframe. when their zarr reached 60%, do they go out on super hard missions and get excited to test out their new upgraded superior zarr? no, they just put a little smile and feel happy that the farm is done.

stop farming, mate.

put it on the list.
do things on the list, like 5-8 times a day. if you don't get it, do it again tomorrow. do it everytime you play until you eventually get it.
just never brute force farming in warframe because warframe will brute force your willpower back, and it will win.

14 hours ago, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

Well here is the breakdown so far.   5 day aspects, 7 day chassis,5 day neuroptics,9 day systems,6 night chassis’s,6 night neuroptics,and 10 night systems aaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!

My Tenno, you did almost 50 runs in one evening.  You can't do that to yourself, that's not healthy.  In the future I recommend breaking it into much, much smaller chunks.  Like 5 runs a day, maybe 10 if you're feeling exceptionally resilient.  By managing your time and your expectations, you can keep from getting stressed and upset.  Good luck!

14 hours ago, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

I thought that I had better take a short break tonight before I stomp my controller into pieces and throw my console through my tv. What has me so upset you ask,here I will tell you . I am trying to put each Warframe into my Helminth so I thought that I would do a little farming. Tonight’s victim is Equinox,nice easy quick runs,right.   Well here is the breakdown so far.   5 day aspects, 7 day chassis,5 day neuroptics,9 day systems,6 night chassis’s,6 night neuroptics,and 10 night systems aaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!   I remember now why farming sucks. I keep one of everything in the game but thanks to the suckbutt rng of this game I am fixing to blow that rule out ,so goodbye my regular Equinox rng has done you in. All because apparently DE has ran out of the night aspects to hand out.DE if you read this, make some more night aspects,or don’t be so chintzy handing them out.     Now I had better go find myself a Valium and calm down so can get back to the game .

I have 51 nidus neuroptics and 32 systems but not a single chassis, gave up a looong time ago but I feel ya

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

My Tenno, you did almost 50 runs in one evening.  You can't do that to yourself, that's not healthy.  In the future I recommend breaking it into much, much smaller chunks.  Like 5 runs a day, maybe 10 if you're feeling exceptionally resilient.  By managing your time and your expectations, you can keep from getting stressed and upset.  Good luck!

That’s 3 evenings 

18 hours ago, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

You gotta pump those numbers UP Tenno! Those are Rookie numbers! 

In all seriousness though I still haven't bothered with farming another Equinox for the Helminth. Unless you get super lucky it is really tedious. It usually takes a lot of runs. Taking dozens is not at all unlikely. DE really wanted to test their new Tyl Regor tileset/boss fight and so they threw in a double frame frame. 

At first, you feel like you are picking up her pieces nice and quick like... then each piece you get it becomes more likely you'll not get what you want. When you get down to your last one, odds are you are going to find yourself going again and again. Probabilities are a beach. 

Apathy is your friend.

Both in chosing to ignore as many unncessary items as possible but also your approach to the grinds you do decide to go after.

So for instance, if you decide to ignore MR, you free yourself up having to go out and grind 200 cannon fodder weapons and so on.

Where the goal is really to care as little as possible while then enjoying the few items you actually care about.

Then when you do start a grind, again with apathy in mind, you do everything you can come up, to mentally check out from the situation.

Could be talking to friends on discord not paying attention to the screen, watching TV on another monitor, doing 'side quests' or different tasks at the same time, knowing you were doing those anyway.

It's doesn't feel nearly as shallow, pointless, bitter and meaningless, if you add meaning to by leveling an item or testing new builds or whatever, anything that can distract your brain from what is going on.

You notice how sometimes you get a flashback memory so vivid other people comment you were all absent staring into the distance?

That's the mental state you need to be in while playing warframe, simply not there.

Other options I'd like to recommend is turning the game volume down and listening to like a lecture or maybe some standup comedy or whatever, some damned horror book, whatever it takes to move your attention, focus and concentration away from what is happening.

Then the next time you ask yourself if you should spend money on the game you will remember how they treated you.

Archived