Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In fissure captures, why do some players run around instead of going straight to extraction?

ThePHiLsTeR

And it's not because they are slow players. They run around looking in every room. And it's not because they are new players who don't know what they are doing. They include high MR players. People used to run straight to extraction, but this trend started about a year ago. And it happens pretty often. To people who do this, are you looking for sculptures or something?

If it's a sabotage then I'm looking for caches on the way to extraction since it doesn't take up much time.

Edit:

Read the title again and realized you said capture. -_- 

If there's a synthesis target then that would be the main reason for me not to rush extraction. 

In the Void specifically. The majority of time the waypoint breaks and doesn't show where to go. So I'm just going every possible direction trying to find extraction without it.

I've noticed this happening like...years ago. Generally it varies from mission to mission, but the reasoning why I wait around is...because i'm dumb and didn't notice extraction time was up. When I'm sitting down grinding my brain kinda just...turns off and settles in for the hour long grind session and I just don't notice "Oh, we extracting? My bad."

Also keep in mind that...in endless missions, someone will just stay but I'm assuming you're talking about non endless mission where you can't extract by yourself. That aside...many reasons people could be lingering behind from extracting, from a crass "F you, I want this one specific thing and we will all stay here until it drops" to the more simple "I didn't notice extraction was up, was having too much fun hacking enemies into giblets with a saw."

Looking for enemies to ensure they get enough Traces?

Looking for enemies to get a bit more Affinity per mission?

Looking for resource deposits, particularly rare ones?

Looking for Ayatans and breaking open containers to get Ayatan Stars?

Looking for Synthesis Targets?

In my mind the Ayatan answer is most likely, but could be anything really.

I've seen it talked about here before and one guy explained it like

Everyone likes racing to extract but I like exploring the map. When they rush to extract they are trying to make me play at their pace. So I flip it on them and explore the map until I'm forced to extract making them play at my pace. 

Or something along those lines. 

Why in public though? You join others to grind fast, to get from the start to the end with shared EXP quicker.

Solo is available for those who want to futz around and be inefficient, multiplayer is for those who want an easier and faster shot at RNG. The game’s boring enough as it is without someone slowing down the grind that will lead to a fun game by the end of it. Just a bunch of waiting around when the chance at a new reward is on the line

Reasons could include:

-Trolling

-Connection issues

-Just a selfish player who missed the Solo matchmaking option

-Something entirely different

-Idk. someone possessed by Sheogorath's Wabbajack/Cthulhu

-Someone from the Ministry of Silly Walks focusing on trying to walk in a silly way instead of being fast and efficient

-'They come to this place when they know they aren't pure, but i Vor will teach these trespassers!'

-A Speed Volt bumping into walls

16 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Everyone likes racing to extract but I like exploring the map. When they rush to extract they are trying to make me play at their pace. So I flip it on them and explore the map until I'm forced to extract making them play at my pace.

Hes playing the wrong kind of game if exploring is what he wants to do lol. Unless hes very new, hes bound to have seen everything a million times already after having to grind whatever on same maps over and over. 

Ive never liked procedually generated or tiled maps, the idea is "they are always different" but actually they end up looking all the same very quickly. I would much rather have hand-grafted unique maps than tilesets at this point. 

I like to open as many containers as reasonably possible on my way to extraction. Lots of times I end up finding a sculpture and marking it for everyone.

I get agrivated by players that think the Lech Krill assassination is the best way to farm Gallium. I mean, break a jar! Get some loots!

17 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Looking for enemies to ensure they get enough Traces?

Looking for enemies to get a bit more Affinity per mission?

Looking for resource deposits, particularly rare ones?

Looking for Ayatans and breaking open containers to get Ayatan Stars?

Looking for Synthesis Targets?

In my mind the Ayatan answer is most likely, but could be anything really.

That's me, I want ayatan treasures. But it's not so important that I hold up progress. For capture fissure specifically, I wanna be in and out quick. 

16 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Hes playing the wrong kind of game if exploring is what he wants to do lol. Unless hes very new, hes bound to have seen everything a million times already after having to grind whatever on same maps over and over. 

Ive never liked procedually generated or tiled maps, the idea is "they are always different" but actually they end up looking all the same very quickly. I would much rather have hand-grafted unique maps than tilesets at this point. 

The guy fails to grasp that the point of Warframe is to get through the levels ASAP where we can finally start having some fun with the things we worked towards. He either didn’t get the memo of “how to play Warframe” or he’s trolling when he wants to wander around and add minutes to the mission timer; any sane person would try to shave off those minutes since they add up over time, and the less time spent in-mission, the better.

It’s not like there’s anything worth doing in missions anyways; a few mouseclicks, a bit of movement, some ability casts. Whatever the guy’s doing, it’s not contributing to the sense of progress that’s granted everytime we get a shot at RNG

17 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I've seen it talked about here before and one guy explained it like

Or something along those lines. 

Wow that is quite the a**hole move. Holding up 3 other people just because they want to play at their own pace. It's not like they can't play solo.

Archived