The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone use extractors? (I'm just curious)

Tombsite

Title pretty much sums it up. Seeing that you can pick up the shiny golden version right now made me recall that extractors are a thing in this game. I seem to remember using extractors for a bit when I started out but found that despite them being very low effort to use they still weren't worth it.

So do you use the extractors? why/why not? 

I did when I first got them, I left them on 'over night' while I was sleeping...

Now, nope, too much effort due to them having a health bar etc meaning you need to swap them out each time and in all honesty they very rarely give the 'rare' stuff and they don't do open worlds (especially ore mining) which are the area's that would benefit the most from the extractors imo. 

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I still throw some down now and then, its a lazy way to get certain more resources without really doing anything. 

I've used them to get a lot of hexenon passively over time that I otherwise don't enjoy farming.

This^

If you have need for some "rare" stuffs like Hexenon (they nerfed it....) then you may put it and it will speed up craftings. Otherwise... I forgot them.

"increased chance" from the wiki... says nothing. And it costs real money... no thanks... :D

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

This^

If you have need for some "rare" stuffs like Hexenon (they nerfed it....) then you may put it and it will speed up craftings. Otherwise... I forgot them.

"increased chance" from the wiki... says nothing. And it costs real money... no thanks... :D

Yeah and I think the wiki even states distilling extractors as one of the best methods for Hexenon acquisition. Can't buy it with platinum and even after increasing the drop rate hexenon farming sucks and you need a whopping 2400 hexenon for two Wisp frames, one for using and one for Breach Surge subsuming. 

I couldn't imagine going through the hassle of extractors for any other current in game resource though. 

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

and they don't do open worlds (especially ore mining) which are the area's that would benefit the most from the extractors imo. 

This, very much this. Being able to spawn one in on open worlds and having to defend it might be a more interesting alternative to mining, for some at least. Rewards rate would have to be decent however.

56 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

So do you use the extractors? why/why not? 

they're useful early on to get Neurodes, Plastids, and other stuff you might need in larger quantities for the lower MR weapons and frames, but after a few dedicated farming sessions on each resource you'll likely never need them again.

as for why I don't use them now, I've never known any of my rare resources go below 1000 each in several years, and my alloy plate and salvage are in the tens of millions. not trying to flex BTW, I know this actually quite common for a lot of long time players: stuff just piles up over time.

now if they made Extractors able to gather Argon Crystals or Open World resources, that would be a different story lol.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I still throw some down now and then, its a lazy way to get certain more resources without really doing anything.

Ditto. If I happen to think about it when I log in, I will take the 10 seconds to collect what is out and put out a new set. It isn't much, it is a VERY low priority, but it takes almost no effort.

Yes I use to.

More so in the past than in the last 8 months though. I wouldn't generally recommend them for most people. That being said, I often had a resource booster, and would do a lot of Survival in various locations. So there was one time a friend I had, ran out of Orokin Cells. Even though he played a decent amount, and we started at the same time, and were roughly the same MR. which surprised me, because I had like a 1000 at the time. Then I remembered I use to Khora a lot more, would get Resource Boosters, and also send out Extractors to Saturn and Ceres a lot. I couldn't tell how much of those Orokin Cells I got just from the Extractor alone, but it was nice to passively acquire stuff. 

Also some personality types, just like the feeling of collecting stuff, having a time counting down, pressing a button and seeing loot. Seeing big number of resource! Not really my personality type, but I can understand the appeal. I do have one of the Prime Extractors, but half of my motivation was that I think, and i could be wrong, but I think it lets you send out an extra Extractor (I believe if you are a Founder, MR 10+ you can send like 5 out. 4 without Founder, and just 3 if you are MR10+ without a Prime version. 

I used to back when I was new , I probably have a few out and forgot about them. 

Doesn't help that the NW and lich UI is pasted over the extractor UI in star chart.

I don't see their use right now , but it would be an ok way to passively get resources when you didn't have ideal gear to farm resources on a specific planet.

Used to. Just for some easy, lazy extra resources. I still got most of my resources from mission drops; Extractor were just for some zero-effort extras. Last time I used them was when Hexenon was first introduced.

But now? I'm overflowing with surplus resources, and my Extractors are collecting digital dust.

Archived