Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amber Archon Shards

AreeSoothsayer

1 minute ago, nslay said:

The shards are largely useless even when they buff desirable stats. People were pwning level cap missions before Archon Shards...

Not everyone is that hardcore or wants to go that far. Some small boosts to some status go a long way for casual players that just want some minor improvements to some abilities they like.

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not everyone is that hardcore or wants to go that far. Some small boosts to some status go a long way for casual players that just want some minor improvements to some abilities they like.

Causual player will see that 5% crit/status boost and say: wow, I needed that.... Really? Some of shards buffs are useless without using more and/or Tau forged.

23 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I know there are some warframes where casting speed is a good thing but.... is it me or is this shard sad compared to the other 2? I even got mine Tau Forged.... and it's useless to me.

I got 2, Tau Azure & other with speed casting. Both are useless. I don't feel like doing Boreal this week.

It's not just you, but the +energy pickup shards are 100% reliable and have no cooldown vs energize, casting speed meets or exceeds Natural Talent in 2 shard slots so it's high return and parkour velocity is just fun?

+health pickup is pretty niche, maybe like Nekros can use this well?

I feel like with starting energy I would just use Preparation instead because I want flexibility on when to start with full energy instead of committing with shards, it's not like you're replacing a 1600 platinum arcane either. This is the sus one to me. 

6 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

because I want flexibility on when to start with full energy instead of committing with shards,

Ivara exists. As does Titania.

Really there's a few frames where if I could start the mission at full energy and ALSO have all my mod slots doing other stuff I'm super happy.

Frankly, for a lot of purposes, the Amber Shards are absolutely the best shards, a lot of their stats are otherwise hard to even FIND let alone fit onto a build.

11 minutes ago, Ethorin said:

Ivara exists. As does Titania.

Really there's a few frames where if I could start the mission at full energy and ALSO have all my mod slots doing other stuff I'm super happy.

Frankly, for a lot of purposes, the Amber Shards are absolutely the best shards, a lot of their stats are otherwise hard to even FIND let alone fit onto a build.

As a Titania player, I would really not use Amber shards to replace preparation. I want max starting energy when doing spy, captures and other point to point stuff and I want something like a Drift mod or Rush in the Exilus slot for endless, using Preparation is way preferable to locking in with shards for that. 

If someone wants to use it for that, I am sure it's fine? I guess I'm not going to worry about sharding Ivara at all because I just use her for fishing and pokemon snap but if I ever had an excess then starting energy would be okay. 

I agree though, people keep posting about how much the amber shards suck and I keep looking at them and looking at how some of these are easily the best on a lot of builds ^^

The only dud IMO is the health orb effectiveness. It would be cool if that was replaced with a small Equilibrium mechanic on health orbs, or just make it compatible with Equilibrium in the first place. Otherwise I can think of uses for all of them.

Parkour speed benefits any frame, it makes it easier to traverse big open maps (and don't forget how vertical some maps are), and there's a fun satisfaction in keeping up or outpacing the usual Wukongs, Gausses, and Volts.

Energy orb buffs benefit every frame... except Hildryn (who I mainly use) and Lavos. Maybe there could be a buff there for them, but then again there are four other perks to pick from

Casting speed comes in handy for wasting less time being stuck in an animation (though test this out before dedicating a shard to it). Harrow's my first pick for that one

Free energy on spawn would definitely benefit frames who want to cast immediately, like Ivara's Prowl.

Ambers are like the best one!  Pretty much all of them are good and are better opportunity cost than any alternative to them.

Smart players also see that a few blue shards and you can drop (prime) Flow from your build which opens up a lot of potential. Far from useless.

Reds are far more niche to me. Without tauforged, you have to dedicate most of your slots for a mediocre gain (3 shards gets you a continuity, 5 just shy of a prime continuity). Strength has far more potent alternatives than the shards outside of using 5 tauforged to maybe replace blind rage sort of in a build. Yareli/Titania/Mesa might appreciate the secondary crit buff, maybe. 

I have a feeling that much discussion will be had about the min/maxing with shards over the coming months, as we acquire more, and more tauforged.

Amber is so far probably the best overall since it gives the biggest bang for your buck on pretty much any frame. Consider what you can actually replace after using an Amber shard for either cast speed or +energy pickup. And for most frames there is no drawback in picking up cast speed, it is just that it isnt a primary stats to mod for on them, but when you can get it for free like this compared to what the other stats are, it is more than worth it.

I wouldnt be surprised if eventually I end up with 4-5 amber on most frames, 2x CS and 2-3x +energy pick up, replacing 1 +energy pick up for an azure +energy on low energy frames (since that results in a massive value gain in raw energy % increase).

Archived