The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

12 hours ago, DJ_Vauban said:

It's just getting kind of hilarious, if they're [DE]laying the update because of bug fixes, they might as well release it here and now. There has yet to be an update that launches 100% without any sort of issues, even if they're trying to fix everything before the drop (looking at you, onslaught), it's gonna be broken anyway.

Pretty much this. They shouldn't delay the update because of small, barely noticeable bugs. If they're looking for hidden bugs, it would be better to release it now so the community can find them and the bugs get fixed faster.

Why in the world would I do something so stupid.  Let's break down all the advantages I would be giving up.

1. Losing mod points on new or forma'd gear.
  2. Syndicate affinity standing gains
  3. Number of trades per day.
  4. Would lose some loadout slots

Edited by DatDarkOne

11 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Pretty much this. They shouldn't delay the update because of small, barely noticeable bugs. If they're looking for hidden bugs, it would be better to release it now so the community can find them and the bugs get fixed faster.

They don't release the quest now because of bugs, players complain

They release the quest but with bugs, players complain

ok...

Edited by Gabriel_98

I keep having the feeling that Hunhow and the stalker will play a big part in the sacrifice.Might be actually that Natah takes over Umbra.Sacrifice theory : Take umbra, dooming natah/lotus in the process and margulis becomes your guide, destroy the umbra and help Lotus gain control over Margulis body once more.
Either way Ballas joins forces with Hunhow to take you down forever.And with that a new set of lore.

Edited by GrimDelta

No, wouldn't trade mine cause I earned it through a long 2k+ hour grind, unlike the speed levelling (and lack of experience that comes with it) that's so popular nowadays. Not worth losing my time and effort, plus the perks for a simple frame that I may not even like.

OH... but yes, I'd gladly give my kiddo away. PLS.

Edited by Zanchak
Cause I don't like kiddos even at all

7 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

I keep having the feeling that Hunhow and the stalker will play a big part in the sacrifice.Might be actually that Natah takes over Umbra.Sacrifice theory : Take umbra, dooming natah/lotus in the process and margulis becomes your guide, destroy the umbra and help Lotus gain control over Margulis body once more.
Either way Ballas joins forces with Hunhow to take you down forever.And with that a new set of lore.

I doubt Hunhow would join up with his mortal enemy, especially if he was partially responsible for his Daughters death. If anything, since both we and Hunhow would want Lotus/Natah out of Ballas's clutches, it's more likely he'd wind up teaming with us, at least temporarily. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' and all that.

That said it's quite possible that we'll end up teaming - or at least talking with - the Worm Queen. Remember: she's an Orokin too, a fairly low-down one, but Orokin nonetheless. This is evident from the Kuria Poem. It also describes the 'Elders' gathering when they were born, which given that Orokin steal young bodies all the time, probably means the elite, such as Executor Ballas. The Elders wanted them dead, so likely Ballas was, or would have been if he thought they were still alive, an enemy to the queens.

I suspect that Vor will end up playing a part in this story as well, since 'Old threats become new again'  and we've yet to see Corrupted Vor have any significance, or just what a 'Janus Key' even is. Perhaps it's a particular void key with higher powers that lets people access Orokin tech, bypassing DNA-locks? A back door key if you will, perhaps for if an Orokin, post continuity, didn't have everything properly updated to their new genes. We ask Worm how to find Ballas, she says something about needing Orokin tech to do it and that you'd need a Janus key to get that. We hunt down Vor and have a renewed showdown with him, take his key and use it to find Ballas.

51 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

The track Geroge posted a few weeks back in recording actually used the old Stalker's theme as a base.

Make of that what you want. Could be for UMbra, could be the Stalker, could be a bunch of nothin'

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Is the only reason you are commenting to be rude to people?

Without evidence, you might as well just put: 🤫.

I see nothing that says with 100% certainty it is not just a reskin. They mention their intention, yes. DE often intends to do things, but they end up not quite working out as planned. I was assuming you had a post with the stats, abilities and images.

Yes I have a post with the abilities and stats of an unreleased frame

Its somewhere here     /s

"Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. "

Yes they intend to do many things and end up doing not as much

But this is the Sacrifice, Umbra. Not just a simple hotfix

They have stressed countless times that it will not be a re-skin

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Generally, if you want to say “no, you are wrong” you do need evidence

Generally if DE, the maker of the game states on multiple dev streams that it will not be a re-skin,  you  need to provide evidence to prove me, or those who believe it aint a reskin, wrong. Its as simple as that

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I doubt Hunhow would join up with his mortal enemy, especially if he was partially responsible for his Daughters death. If anything, since both we and Hunhow would want Lotus/Natah out of Ballas's clutches, it's more likely he'd wind up teaming with us, at least temporarily. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' and all that.

That said it's quite possible that we'll end up teaming - or at least talking with - the Worm Queen. Remember: she's an Orokin too, a fairly low-down one, but Orokin nonetheless. This is evident from the Kuria Poem. It also describes the 'Elders' gathering when they were born, which given that Orokin steal young bodies all the time, probably means the elite, such as Executor Ballas. The Elders wanted them dead, so likely Ballas was, or would have been if he thought they were still alive, an enemy to the queens.

I suspect that Vor will end up playing a part in this story as well, since 'Old threats become new again'  and we've yet to see Corrupted Vor have any significance, or just what a 'Janus Key' even is. Perhaps it's a particular void key with higher powers that lets people access Orokin tech, bypassing DNA-locks? A back door key if you will, perhaps for if an Orokin, post continuity, didn't have everything properly updated to their new genes. We ask Worm how to find Ballas, she says something about needing Orokin tech to do it and that you'd need a Janus key to get that. We hunt down Vor and have a renewed showdown with him, take his key and use it to find Ballas.

The two Queens were Orokin Elite, just born not looking the part; they would have been killed had 'their father', probably Ballas not stayed the other's hands. Likely, the other Elite found that two Elites, even if they looked like Grineer would be the best controls from the new Military Grineer being made to fight the Sentient. The Queens just took over the remains of the Empire they likely felt entitled to as Elites themselves but would never have been accepted as anything other than lesser than the other Elite.

I don't think the DNA locks were necessarily bypassed by body hoping, likely these guidelines were updated for their new forms and the Kuva of the old body absorbed into the new. I doubt either Queen would us against the only Elite they felt gave them a chance - their 'father' as much as that would mean to a society of tube born and abducted tithes for new blood.

2 hours ago, GrimDelta said:

After that MoCap teaser, I’m wondering if TMITW has been chasing the “immortal” Orokin throughout the Yuvan process for centuries, and Ballas gives him Umbra to keep him placated.

Also, I’m wondering if TMITW is actually our unresolved HATE, DREAD, DESPAIR...and this is a “master yourself and be at peace” scenario.  Man vs Self.

I think Stalker is your Monstrous ID anyway...yes, he is your compartmentalized, subconscious negativity.  Ever wonder how he always finds you and is immune to your powers?  Kills frames but not you?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

4 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

You must be under a very , very big rock

You must think too greatly of him.
Abilities are the same, stats are slightly better than excal prime.
just a new skin as far as I'm concerned.

so..lol? the only thing i'm interested in, is the lore behind whats coming. 

Also your above post with the "/s" part. His abils/stats are all in china's warframe build since they had him day 1
He was also released before excal rework, thats why you see super jump as 3rd ability, and radial jav as 4th ability, thats how excal was back in the day.
I'll be going back under my rock now
Image result for excal umbra stats

Edited by Vesiga

16 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Also your above post with the "/s" part. His abils/stats are all in china's warframe build since they had him day 1
He was also released before excal rework, thats why you see super jump as 3rd ability, and radial jav as 4th ability, thats how excal was back in the day.

From what I remember, they said that the Chinese version of warframe's Umbra would not be the same in the version we get. I cant Quote my source but it is what they said in one of the Devstreams, maybe someone remembers which one?

25 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Image result for excal umbra stats

Hey listen the China version of warframe and the Umbra there are two different things

For them it was "Excalibur Umbra Prime"

For us Excal Umbra

and if you're really using the chinaframe as your source.. i've got nothing

Lotus or Ordis

Lotus or Operator

Lotus or Warframe

Lotus or ...

I supose there will be 3 choices and you have to pick one before time (ex 15sec) run to the zero.

We have to prepare on everythink...

Maybe Ballas will torture Lotus maybe he and she is key for somethink more than just for umbra... Maybe we have to chose some choice that will change game separately for players by they choice.

Edited by BionicHornet

1 hour ago, Dark-Tidings said:

From what I remember, they said that the Chinese version of warframe's Umbra would not be the same in the version we get. I cant Quote my source but it is what they said in one of the Devstreams, maybe someone remembers which one?

A long time ago, Steve said Excalibur Umbra would look like Excalibur Umbra Prime. I think he did say it wouldn't be the same stat-wise, as in just another Excalibur, but they'll look the same.

56 minutes ago, BionicHornet said:

Lotus or Ordis

Lotus or Operator

Lotus or Warframe

Lotus or ...

I supose there will be 3 choices and you have to pick one before time (ex 15sec) run to the zero.

We have to prepare on everythink...

Maybe Ballas will torture Lotus maybe he and she is key for somethink more than just for umbra... Maybe we have to chose some choice that will change game separately for players by they choice.

I will freely sacrifice the Lotus.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

On 2018-05-29 at 8:43 AM, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I was present at the war within it was not delivered in time at least for PC i don't even remember it anounced on a devstream but I remember waiting together with the whole community on their main forum post about the things delaying the war within for a whole day almost until it was delivered around 4 am here and 1 am there or something like that.

I could've sworn at the end of a Devstream, they said "The War Within is now live" or something

Im the only one here that cares less if i get Umbra or not and more excited to find out what the lore will bring us ? 
Umbra yeah, well another excal etc.Maybe fancy new powers, RGB and everything
Im more intrigued about what will happen.