Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aside from Chroma, which frame do you bring to the Profit Taker fight?

Duality52

I understand Chroma makes the Giant Alien Spider a joke, but I'm more interested in seeing another frames than just Chroma since there are another frames that perform just fine.

For me, Zephyr Prime since Turbulence ignores almost every gunfire from Profit Taker and the Terra Corpus. Her Tailwind allows you to evade some of Profit Taker's attacks more effectively like the Magnetic Body Slam as well as giving a good vantage point to attack Profit Taker.

What frames do you bring aside from Chroma to the Profit Taker Orb fight?

• Like 1

Inaros. Who needs Chroma when you can do it all alone and not even have to worry about health.

Imperator vandal with 3 forma is more than enough DPS wise.

In a team Sure bring all the buffs. I see no reason for having to deal with people when I can do it all alone. As someone once said "More people more problems,  no people no problems".

Trinity Prime. I used to deal with the enemies but when i fight Profit Taker in Public, what i normally is: Chroma, Chroma, Inaros, Chroma, Chroma, Inaros. Oberon and Trinity Prime barely exist there so with the Arcanes i have currently and have in her, Surviving without a Healer is more difficult. Trinity Prime helps that issue with the lack of Healers and can keep the Team alive through the whole fight when played and timed correctly.

How some people already said, pretty much all warframe work if you have enough survivability, but as the main thing in that kind of fight is to kill it as fast as possible, warframes that don't have damage buffs are generally not work using unless you're in a team and play as a support.
But Chroma is of course, not the only damage buffer. Rhino Roar with good +damage Rivens can be better than Chroma and work for all the team without caring about range. Elemental warframes first augments with high power strength can be good too if your teammates have good weapons and Harrow 2nd + 4th powers work fine too.

Sadly, Chroma is by far the most efficient if you're not playing in team, but if you're asking this you probably don't really care about killing it faster.

il y a 12 minutes, EDM774 a dit :

Inaros. Who needs Chroma when you can do it all alone and not even have to worry about health.

Imperator vandal with 3 forma is more than enough DPS wise.

In a team Sure bring all the buffs. I see no reason for having to deal with people when I can do it all alone. As someone once said "More people more problems,  no people no problems".

Who need health when the boss die before hitting you ?

Zephyr, because damage buffs are wholly unnecessary.  It's easy to solo with a thought-out loadout, and frankly it's still fast enough that I would question why even bother bringing Chroma in the first place since it's not like there's any time pressure like the Day/Night cycle that limits Eidolons.

• Like 2

I don't understand the Chroma complaints people keep making about the fight. It's a Boss fight, Bosses have large health pools, Chroma does lots of damage, more damage means shorter fights. If we didn't have Chroma then we'd have the exact same complaints about Rhino and Octavia.

Complaining about the use of Chroma in the fight is the same as complaining about people being efficient in every other aspect of the game. It's not necessary to be that efficient but people will do so anyways.

As far as who you can bring to the fight it depends on if you're solo or not and how powerful your (Arch)guns are. If your weapons are strong enough to solo the final phase then you can literally bring any frame you're comfortable surviving with otherwise you'll need some damage buffing frame to make it within the 5 minutes.

Personally I've not done many public runs but it seems so long as you're not spending all your time bleeding out then the exact same rules for solo apply.

4 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Zephyr, because damage buffs are wholly unnecessary.  It's easy to solo with a thought-out loadout, and frankly it's still fast enough that I would question why even bother bringing Chroma in the first place since it's not like there's any time pressure like the Day/Night cycle that limits Eidolons.

Chroma can do the Orb sub 5m solo consistently and can do sub 3m solo with an insane run. Some people just have fun that way (myself included) and if for nothing else, it's significantly faster than other frames. Chroma is also very tanky thanks to damage reduction from Vex Armor and can be made practically unkillable with an Arcane Grace.

To answer your question OP, Trinity is amazing for Orb fight if just aiming to chill out during fight. Immunity to knockdowns and staggers from Link and healing + DR from Blessing makes her a very relaxing pick for the fight.

Edited by Frame_Mastery

Nyx, her absorb (assimilate) doesn't give a f* about any attacks or knockdowns, and Chaos is great to have all the enemies fight eachother instead. That way both me and team mates can easily clean the area and focus more on the archgun part. Of course make use of your operator to quickly get around. 

I am personally no fan of speedruns unless for farming, but there is nothing to farm from these orbs yet, lol. So I don't mind going in without damage boosting frames.

Basic Umbral + Hunter Adrenaline build Oberon. You don't even need Phoenix Renewal, just have range and cover the battlegrounds with your 2 and watch the trash fighting among themselves, even the Orb targeting them instead of you. also Total Mag procc protection.

No reason to run anything but Chroma/Prime.

Orbs just arent as static as Eidolons, so forming up on a single Chroma wont really be a thing unless you are organized, so it is better to bring your own Chroma for highest possible damage output and survivability. He cant really die in the fight and he takes enough damage to sustain his energy for buffs. All you really need to do is build for strength and some duration, run heat energy+vitality and mag immunity through arcanes.

I've tried Rhino Prime but his Iron Skin just isnt effective enough due to all adds that shoot at you. So his energy sustain just isnt on par with what it is in Eidolon fights. Oberon can be good, but there is really no point when you can survive perfectly fine with Chroma and have a massive dps buff.

Best runner up aside from Chroma is Zephyr since she is invulnerable to ranged fire. She lacks the damage buff though. Volt can also work but you need to be aware of where all the adds are 24/7.

• Like 1

Sincerely Chroma Rhino and Inaros are the most usual warframes to make profit taker, if it is very easy to go with those warframes, but in reality it is very boring and very little challenging leading to these warframes. Because of the handskill theme, very poor.

So normally I usually carry Harrow, good building can endure, have sustain of energy and life and even if things go wrong you have a 4, to become invulnerable and recover. Good rate of fire, recharge, critical. And it works very well by going alone. But of course, you have to have hands to handle it.

21 час назад, Vox_Preliator сказал:

There is. There is no reason for this sh*tfight to take longer than 5-8 minutes so thats the reason to use a buffer frame.