Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are Volt players feeling about ‘Gauss’ the runner frame? Let’s get some feedback on that!

(PSN)FK2P

6 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

I play volt only for his speed. But I can't say it's really fast. Even with 340% power strength it lacks some mobility. And all those kids are complaining about getting my speed buff unwillingly. Sigh.

The problem with Volt that you cannot build so you could properly use all of his abilities. Speed build is not energy efficient, and has poor range, that makes 4th useless and shield not durable.

I would like to have a fast frame with dmg reduction, good surviability and good synergy while staying extremely fast. That is to say, I'm pleased to see new speed frame coming.

However, current maps are full of these annoying doors there you should stand and wait your team to slowly drag their arses to open it. That's annoying. With gauss becoming popular we'll never see that problem again.

I don't know anything about gauss's abilities other than "muh speed" but you have good points. 1) speed volt is good for speed runs and S#&$ but building around that ability gimps him in other areas pretty hard. 2) yeah, now that you mention it racing to doors that force you to wait for teammates is gonna suck.

His 1 is a lot of fun, but has problems running into walls if your not in an open world. 

His 2 is soso, but you need range and not power str. The knock down is good but the power of it needs a boost.

his 3 is a basic defensive ability seen 1 seen them all.

His 4 the exalted wep is crazy fun, but again can be hard to control.

Hes ok with volt as volt can buff a team and this one is basically all for its self, Volt may have to worry when we get some augments, but not now.

Edited by BDMblue

Personally i play Volt mainly for his speed(captures, open area farming etc) and when needed shields.If i wanted cc there are plenty frames out there.Many miss that Volt's speed affects reload and melee also, making him one of the best melee users(well until they ruined it with the current melee but anyway).So yeah Volt is a speed user in general not only running.

volts theme is electricity gauss's theme is speed/momentum 

then again i most used his other 3 abilities and very little of speed mostly shields and overload for two augments 

i cannot wait to get my hands on Gauss since he looks majorly metallic and i like me some gold and seeing how his abilities work since while volt only has one ability as the speed of electricity im keen to see what gauss can do when the whole theme is speed and momentum of objects 

so as a volt starter/semi main i think the two should co-exist nicely might lessen the problem have with volts giving everyone speed when they only really wanted to boost since it seems gauss more on the line effects himself and enemies maybe allies but we will see 

I need grids, wireframes, and palm trees. Don't make Gauss run, make them OUTRUN!

Aside from that.... tough to see how this will help. There's a point where high speed + tiny stuff to get caught on = same pace you'd go with more control... so I'm not sure how Gauss will manage that. Maybe the "wireframe" I mentioned is a sorta barrier system that funnels Tenno through doors and over rails, so the "getting stuck" part isn't as big an issue.

Otherwise... If something is 300m away and I wanna get there, I can just void dash. If something is over 300m in an open world, I'll archwing or mach zephyr. Somewhere in-between, and any frame moves fast enough with mastery of the movement system, but it's dashing and rolling until void is full and I can charge again. 

If the speed allows them to strike so fast that they ignore damage invulnerability on bosses, rockin, gimme that speed. Hit-the-weakpoint humanoid pattern bosses are only compelling the first time through Warframe, now when they come up I'm just bored. If the speed Gauss provides can aid me there, I'll get one ASAP. 

Edited by LegendaryNeurotoxin

7 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Do you guys feel that gauss is going to take away volt’s niche

"Fast" is okay to have more than one frame doing. Volt's gonna be fine. After another tanky Warframe surfaced (Inaros), Rhino was still played everywhere as a defensive pick.

Anyway, Volt is so much more than just running fast. For me he's like a Swiss Army Knife of frames. Switch up his build to make any of:

- Speedy Boi. Fast, shocks enemies on contact. Run, stun, gun, fun, done.

- Lockdown Volt. Hit 4 a lot, make picks with 1, guard flanks with 3. Stack Strength to get Nuke Volt.

- Sniper Volt. Duration with Transistor Shield and as many Vigilante mods as you can make work. Throw down E-Shields, stack your bonus dmg, shoot through them for a ton of crit, use speed for its fire/reload buff more than movement. Bring a sweet pistol and pick up your shields for a different, mobile take on this setup.

As of right now, Volt is irreplaceable in Eidolon/Ropalolyst hunts mainly because he can boost Amp damage. A well built Volt can plays his part and take Chroma's aswell. I basically soloed Ropalolyst, since my team-mates were borderline useless. When Gauss is dropped I'll probably still be using Volt in most of my missions, since he is so flexible, ability wise. Gauss seemed interesting..Until they unveiled his peg feet.

I play Capacitance Volt, by the way.

3 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

I play Volt quite a bit and I hate speed spamming Volts.

I am looking forward to Gauss actually. The clips we have seen of him doesn't look like the speed boost will be a team buff but until he gets released we can't say for sure. I personally hope it isn't though. That way people who want to go fast can still do so without making the rest of the team unexpectedly start crashing into walls every 2 seconds.

Personally, as I play Volt frequently, I have learned to recognize the sound of a Volt's speed. Volt players spamming speed no longer cause me to crash into walls.

Gauss can walk on water and his speed of movement is not comparable to Volt as he seems to change his "molecular aspect" while doing so as seen during the TennoCon demo about the team link. He is also faster than a K-Drive, so, much faster than Volt or anyone without a vehicule.

My guess is that is "speeding" capabilities give him more than just speed - can ignore some lasers, surfaces, walls or lasers maybe?

1 hour ago, elmetnuter said:

Gauss can walk on water and his speed of movement is not comparable to Volt as he seems to change his "molecular aspect" while doing so as seen during the TennoCon demo about the team link. He is also faster than a K-Drive, so, much faster than Volt or anyone without a vehicule.

My guess is that is "speeding" capabilities give him more than just speed - can ignore some lasers, surfaces, walls or lasers maybe?

I'm hoping they give Gauss punchthrough while running, so homie just run through enemies and obstacles. Maybe the amount of punchthrough being tied to power strength 

No I dont think he will take away Volt's "niche" as you put it. Volt just isnt a speed frame.

Movement speed simply isnt his focus, it is part of one of his skills, and even there it isnt the main focus. The main focous of his #2 is the attack speed and extra mobility for melee, which works perfectly well with his high ranged AoE/CC/utility build without any focus on strength.

Hopefully the speedster frame will have all the dead weight speed Volts migrating, so you end up with useful Volts in the future.

• Like 1

If he allows me to clear hepit faster than volt I'll 100% be happy.  Those w1 relics will drop for me sometime... (not like I ran it for 3 hours averaging sub 1min each time wihout getting any w1's [ok that did happen but I'm totally not bitter about it {ok I am bitter about it.}])  I doubt he will replace eidovolt or eso volt any time soon, so those roles are safe.  My only concern is that he will be locked behind another sydicate like baruuk.  If I ever get baruuk it will be with plat cause I don't have the time to farm for a month to get the required standing. If I could do it all at once that wouldn't be so bad, but the daily cap says nah, so nix to that I guess.  Haven't even gilded a zaw yet cause of standing needed.

14 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Do you guys feel that gauss is going to take away volt’s niche and with it all of the volt memes over the years? Is there really a need for 2 different speed warframes?

i personally find if you go too fast you just clip scenery all the time anyway, I’m not really a volt person, I like his shield, and his 4 is ok, but I’m not sure how this new warframe will play out seeing as though there is already a classic speed warframe in the game.

I haven’t slept since Geez-AUSS ran on water.

I weep daily in silence.  RIP beloved Volt.

Rest in peace...

...*suddenly realized that all seasoned Volt vets realize something*

“OH HEY, I JUST REMEMBERED VOLT IS A WEAPON DAMAGE AUGMENT AND DEFENSE FRAME WITH SPEED BEING JUST ONE ASPECT OF HIS SQUAD-BUFFING, AREA EFFECTING, DAMAGE INCREASING SUPER-SYNERGY KIT.

It will be fun to watch speed racer frame come in 3rd behind Nova and Birbframe in plains races, though.”

Edit:  sorry about the crappy grammar and redundancy.  I was trying to finish my post faster than a future Gauss main.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I haven’t slept since Geez-AUSS ran on water.

I weep daily in silence.  RIP beloved Volt.

Rest in peace...

...*suddenly realized that all seasoned Volt vets realize something*

“OH HEY, I JUST REMEMBERED VOLT IS A WEAPON DAMAGE AUGMENT AND DEFENSE FRAME WITH SPEED BEING JUST ONE ASPECT OF HIS SQUAD-BUFFING, AREA EFFECTING, DAMAGE INCREASING SUPER-SYNERGY KIT.

It will be fun to watch speed racer frame come in 3rd behind Nova and Birbframe in plains races, though.”

Edit:  sorry about the crappy grammar and redundancy.  I was trying to finish my post faster than a future Gauss main.

nailed it the office GIF

Looks at Volt shield and discharge and concludes that even if a frame were to get a far better movement ability than volt it wouldn't impact volt's play rate for what he is actually used for in the slightest.

Speed is only ever used for speeding running things and if you are actually serous about speed running you would be using Nova.

Edited by Brorelia

I am that player that uses his 2 to level melee weapons in SO like a crazy person. I really like the frame but in his current state I can really only take advantage of either his speed or his discharge or survivability. Can’t really play him to all his abilities. I wish we would get reworks not new frames. We need reworks. There’s so many frames that no one touches because they have so many issues. I see Wisp but almost never Hildryn anymore.  Make the foundation better then build on it. 

Unless I missed some update about his kit I'm not sure what there is to feel about the frame. We don't know how he functions even remotely outside that he can move fast with one of his abilities to unknown extents. It's like asking how I feel about Zephyr while only knowing vaguely about her one, she winds up giving a completely different impression with the full image of her kit. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Wukong already covered this with his cloud.  I can literally fly through stages faster than I ever could with Volt.

Have you met a max speed volt?  I use both and my volt is significantly faster.  Wukong does have the ability to maneuver in 3d (like zephyr should be able to), but you have to contend with the blindness from the cloud effect.  To keep on the topic of the thread, if Gauss is faster than volt, nobody really cares.  Volt was never used only for speed, that is the least used aspect of his kit.  He can buff damage with his 1 augment, or with his shield for eidolon.  His 4 is a good nuke for SO/ESO.  I have no worries of gauss replacing volt any time soon, except in certain niches where he might take 2nd place (teleport queen nova is 1st in all things speed.)

20 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Do you guys feel that gauss is going to take away volt’s niche and with it all of the volt memes over the years? Is there really a need for 2 different speed warframes?

i personally find if you go too fast you just clip scenery all the time anyway, I’m not really a volt person, I like his shield, and his 4 is ok, but I’m not sure how this new warframe will play out seeing as though there is already a classic speed warframe in the game.

Nope, because Volt abilities and style works as intended. Gauss is a legit "Speed" Frame, so his kit will be more advanced than Volt or other speed Frames. If you look at the demo when they showed him on the plains and leveled him to 30, he had some abilities that were focused on "Speed" boosting and one that looks like a shield that destroys bullets. Things could have changed from then, so who knows what those abilities are or do now. I am, however, curious to how his speed will work in close corners. Will he be able to run on walls/ceilings, or run so fast he can teleport through doors. "Shrug". Once his abilities are shown, we will know more. 

I do not think Volt is defined by his speed. Volt also gets melee attack speed from his ability for the fireteam if they are in range, Gauss does not. Additionally a lot of Warframes have similar abilities with different mechanical functions, Ivara Prowl, Ash Smoke Bomb, Loki Invisibility, they all share the same function of going invisible, but they all perform differently mechanically. Same goes with Gauss and Volt.

Edited by BETAOPTICS