Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Echoes of Umbra" feedback

Pyrewyn

We're going to hold this back to act on weekend feedback and more - 2 days isn't enough time to inject all the changes we want to add, so we will release this at a later date in a different form. The reward will likely be replaced with a new 'Lua Lens' for earning Focus - details to come!

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We're going to hold this back to act on weekend feedback and more - 2 days isn't enough time to inject all the changes we want to add, so we will release this at a later date in a different form. The reward will likely be replaced with a new 'Lua Lens' for earning Focus - details to come!

Nice!

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Awesome! I hope you can share some more with us in either the next devstream or a Dev Workshop 😄

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yay! Our voices have been heard.

I do not know how others play, but I often use specter in the game. Pocket healer can save the team.
I would like in this update to make switching abilities. Some abilities of the specter is inappropriate and often prevent, such as Sandstorm of Inaros, 3 sec Strangledome, Balefire, etc.  
For example make permanent disabling ultimate for the majority specter and variable disable other abilities that affect gameplay, like for the specter and for future frames with the "echoes of umbra". I think it can radically change the attitude to this update.
ps. спасибо тебе Я.Переводчик 😜

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It wouldn't hurt to get Oxium from Lua Disruption drops right? Lua is the Orokin Capital and it feels weird that it usually exclusively comes from Oxium Ospreys.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

It wouldn't hurt to get Oxium from Lua Disruption drops right? Lua is the Orokin Capital and it feels weird that it usually exclusively comes from Oxium Ospreys.

Oxium is rare a highly explosive, I don't really see Orokins using it that much

i didn't know there is a feedback topic about echo of umbra here so i just will copy/paste part of my post in reddit here 

i dont like it  .we wanted a new umbra warframe like Rhino umbra or Valkitty umbra or maybe Saryn umbra and it should come with a lore quest with a story like the sacrifice quest

( DE have said in a devstream that there will likely be more umbra frames but it won't be every frame like prime frames)

but now if they added this i feel like DE telling us to forget any another umbra warframe and here a grinding mechanism to temporarily turn any wf to umbra .. just 1 day and no abilities just weapons 

now i lost hope for a cinematic quest about Rhino prime codex or cinematic story about Valkyr and Aladv because i see many ppl ask for permanent change to Umbra from and if that happen .. no more Umbra quests :( 

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

make the lua lens be able to be removed, and have it give the same as a greater lens. so we have the basic option (normal), the ok option (greater), the practical option (lua) and the best option (eidolon) which you only use on weapon you know you're gonna use a lot to get focus 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Oh that sounds fancy, be good for people who haven't already busted the focus system and maxed everything at least! Hopefully y'all make it tradeable so losers like me with no life can just trade it to others  folks can make a bit of plat or help out newer players with getting focus easier. Also be good for the last holdouts who can't upgrade their rigs to get into the plains for Eidolon lenses.

I also didn't know there was a feedback thread on this, so here's my late feedback.

I'm quite indifferent to this reward, it's not something I'll play distruption to get because I don't find the reward useful since Wukong's celestial twin is superior.

What I would play disruption for is something that allows me to open relics faster 😛 maybe if disruption mode acted as a relic opening for every succesful node (so each player picks 4 relics and then they're opened) OR everyone picks 1 relic but everyone gets all opened relics rewards instead of picking one of them, but only if all nodes are succesfully defended, if one gets destroyed then it's regular 1 reward pick.

The tricky part is reactant... as in any fissure mode, it's so wildly random that if you have no control over mission flow it's just frustrating. I had interceptions just not drop reactant even though we waited for enemies to get corrupted before killing them, but that's another topic :}

12 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

I smell Umbra focus school incoming

That sounds good actually, at least there's gonna be something to do with that lens for people who already maxed all existing schools xD

Edited by HunterDigi

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The reward will likely be replaced with a new 'Lua Lens' for earning Focus

This right here should tell the main problem. Lack of rewards. We don't really need 3298237 new game modes with the same rewards or a new reward that has a 0.1% of dropping (go to keep the player base grinding that new mode, aye?)
You have partners, the design council, use them! Really, I feel that the disconnect between DE and the community is getting deeper and wider.
But in the end, what do I know, I'm just a grumpy, old, Tenno.  

I feel like the lua lens should be more effective with focus XP gaining than a eidolon lens and also add the sentience passive on the frame as long the lens is on the frame if you still wish for that passive to stay around in some capacity. If you're planning to replace the sentience passive to have another additional effect(s) like for example Abilities resetting sentient resistances, Increased energy and shield capacity, or having energizing dash while void dashing regardless of what focus school you use. I know that's a lot to ask, but I feel like either of those would be the best route to go Instead of the 24 hour sentience passive.

Having these changes I mentioned would make it more worthwhile for some people but not everyone depending on how you go about it. The only problem with the 1st route is that people who have all focus schools done that might not be worth while to be honest and I'll be blunt here and say that even that's unsustainable and the problem with the 2nd route is that yes more people might be more inclined to go after it, but power creep is an obvious issue. You could probably say that for the 1st route too.

A good balance would have to be made. Not sure what else I can think of.

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

Thank you for considering our feedback, it’s always appreciated.

I’m rather curious to know if the Lua Lens will be different from the rest of other the Lens in the game, like will it have something unique tied to it or if it’s just another Lens that are already in the game. 🤔

I would've been okay with the first implementation, but if you folks got new inspirations / ideas from the feedback to make it better (or cook up something different) and it has to be cut from this upcoming mainline to make it happen, it's okay. 🙂

Edited by Aldrr

Just give us Umbra frames instead. I don't want consumables and I don't want permanent changes to the frames I have. If I want a frame to move around, I'll use Chroma Umbra, but if I want it to hold still for buttons, I'll use Chroma Prime. Plus it just means more cosmetic options.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I guess this is how we handle things now, gut reactions driving game design, but I do wish you the best with what changes come next. it'll probably burn bright and fast like everything else, but gotta hold onto them optics i suppose.  

• Like 3

How about this: on top of the existing effects, an umbra-fied frame using Umbral mods would receive the full bonus from each of the umbral mods being equipped (for the duration of the Umbralisation period), even if they don't currently have the full set of mods. So a fully ranked Umbral Vitality/Fiber/Intensify would give the full 770% health/110% armour/44% power strength buff for that frame, even if it was the only Umbral mod on the build.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So more rewards that are redundant to more experienced players, unless a new focus school / school abilities are coming this isnt a reward i'll replay the mission type for

1 hour ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

i didn't know there is a feedback topic about echo of umbra here so i just will copy/paste part of my post in reddit here 

i dont like it  .we wanted a new umbra warframe like Rhino umbra or Valkitty umbra or maybe Saryn umbra and it should come with a lore quest with a story like the sacrifice quest

( DE have said in a devstream that there will likely be more umbra frames but it won't be every frame like prime frames)

but now if they added this i feel like DE telling us to forget any another umbra warframe and here a grinding mechanism to temporarily turn any wf to umbra .. just 1 day and no abilities just weapons 

now i lost hope for a cinematic quest about Rhino prime codex or cinematic story about Valkyr and Aladv because i see many ppl ask for permanent change to Umbra from and if that happen .. no more Umbra quests 😞

DE specifically mentioned that new Umbra frame releases won't have cinematic quests with them. So in case no more Umbra frames are introduced, the only things you're missing out on are new looks and slightly tweaked abilities.