Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the purpose of Archguns?

War.Machine.9

9 hours ago, schilds said:

Archguns have special engineering that, unlike your other guns, allow them to function in space.

Your other guns are especially susceptible to wear and tear (assuming they function at all) at a temperature of absolute 0, and damage from high energy particle bombardment.

You would know this if you hadn't skipped out on your extra-terrestrial science and engineering classes.

I think I missed that class, back in the old days before us Tenno became Conscripted Child Soldiers.

I certainly wouldn't mind an Archgun buff of some kind, but I still find them enjoyable enough to use in Atmosphere mode. I wonder how Arch-melee could be used though.. maybe SUPER slow, but capable of killing nearly anything in one hit? bonus points if you have to drag it along like Pyramid Head's Great Knife..

Spoiler

Image result for pyramid head great knife  imagine walking along dragging a Veritux behind you... that should look terrifying!

12 hours ago, DullahanDan said:

They seem to not do any greater damage than our other weapons.

Actually mine fully modded does less damage than my normal weapons.

So why don't we just use normal weapons in space?

MR fodder, Profit and Archwing missions. I actually like Fluctus, I have a Dmg, Ms, Cc, no neg Riven on it with gas, It performs pretty well on Arbitration. "Infinite" punch through.

46 minutes ago, MPonder said:

MR fodder, Profit and Archwing missions. I actually like Fluctus, I have a Dmg, Ms, Cc, no neg Riven on it with gas, It performs pretty well on Arbitration. "Infinite" punch through.

The Fluctus is definitely the best out of all of them, not because of it's damage but because of it being the most unique out of all archguns being able to punch through anything!

The grattler and the Kuva Ayanga are excellent at clearing hords of enemies if your in the mood for massive explosions are they 100% practical no, are they fun 100% would use again. Though i can see how some of the arch-guns would be pretty nondescript to use especially as there not a morter or an anti aircraft gun. I also use my grattler to down Dargyn because there aircraft of a sort and it's just easier to hit them with it than waste ammo from anything else

11 hours ago, nslay said:

I'm more curious about the purpose of Archmelee. At least Archguns can be used in normal missions and have a special place in a boss fight. But melee attacking stuff in Archwing? Talk about awkward!

Archmelee lock-on distance used to be much larger. I agree that the current version is a pain to use

Larkspur, Ayanga/Grattler, and Imperator vandal (preferably with a riven) are really good guns with gravimag and with some forma investment, certainly on par with the best primaries. Others are kind of usable and may be powerful but are a bit on the clumsy side, especially things like Velocitus.

7 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I wish that Archguns were a little more extreme in regular missions. Limit their usage even more, but make them stupidly powerful to make it reeeeally worth using them when you want that extra oomph. I mean, the Imperator Vandal is so hilariously massive and then it doesn't even come with innate punchthrough? What the heck is this gun firing, nerf darts?

They are extremely/stupidly powerful. For punch through, simply plug in Sabot rounds. To get extra ammo, watch out for bombards. Ancients infested and corpus Techs drop the ammo also. IDK about corrupted variants, sometimes ammo is a problem but sometimes, there is a plenty of it.

Edited by akots

Archguns aka: another open world boss fight locked behind a syndicate grind with a forced goofy gimmick tied in.

Aka. I think ill pass.

Just once I'd like to see a content update without a catch. No time padding mechanics to create the illusion that the update is deeper than it is. Just one time.....an honest update.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Might actually use them if I didn't have to go to the gear wheel to equip and unequip them.  Sometimes that even takes 3 or 4 tries to work.

sadbuttrueprotip:

if you're a Client, to use Archgun you need to stop on a relatively flat piece of Terrain, wait about 2 full seconds, then try pressing the button.
yeah, Archgun as a Client is absolutely f...ing deplorably bad

57 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It's really not. Too low base damage and way too low status chance. Every weapon in my arsenal is better that it

20% Status isn't especially low for an AoE Elemental Weapon. you can apply Status to one Enemy faster for sure, but what about every Enemy.

Damage w/ Crits and Status isn't amazing but it's the 9 Meter Explosion that is the selling feature of the Weapon. good enough Damage/Status that you can apply to dozens of Enemies at once.

We've been discussing that here:

And also suggesting ways on how to improve up the current design. There isn't a need for a major redesign or just massive buffs to make them worth wile. Someone suggested an innate armor and resistance penetration and punch-through. It would make sense since they are huge anti-vehicle armor piercing weapons, and it would give them a nice niche as can opener to deal with those tough nuts like bombards, heavy gunners, Nox, Thumpers, etc.

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Classic DE move. 

DE We made something and people don't seem to use it. Let's find a way to make them use it.

Literally everyone : No.

Seriously, I only used it during the prophit taker fight because it is forced on you. Otherwise they are pretty redundant. 

I'm totally fine with them being redundant I just hate that the spawn mechanic is such a pain to bother with that it's like why bother? 

I actually think they are quite fun to use but the tedious spawn/cooldown mechanics they are tied behind (I have no problem with needing a gravimag) make them well.... tedious to use. Especially considering most of them have pretty mediocre damage output compared to all of our other gear. 

I mean I actually have mine bound to a mouse button and I still forget they exist like 99.997% of the time. 

profit taker and pretty much this alone or for looking cooler than your teammates, tied in ofc to a timegated mechanic, because we always need more timegating.  Needing to be able to actually do profit taker means you are encouraged to play the game long enough to get the standing required to be able to play it and get the ability to use archguns on your warframe, there is also the potential for people to buy the.gravimag on the market and not notice the text in there mentioning the need to complete profit taker.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

The Fluctus is definitely the best out of all of them, not because of it's damage but because of it being the most unique out of all archguns being able to punch through anything!

I've found this makes them particularly valuable for AI controlled players that can use archguns.  Normally they'd spend a lot of time shooting into walls, but this turns them into killing machines.  Plus it solves the ammo issues. 

3 hours ago, akots said:

Larkspur, Ayanga/Grattler, and Imperator vandal (preferably with a riven) are really good guns with gravimag and with some forma investment, certainly on par with the best primaries. Others are kind of usable and may be powerful but are a bit on the clumsy side, especially things like Velocitus.

The Grattler is mine. 

It's a lot better now that they removed the spool-up time, actually feels like an autocannon instead of hot garbage.