Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Chamber's Return

Voltage

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tekikko said:

To be honest, the only value it has is what people are willing to spend. It has no intrinsic value.

You were the one who wanted to spend that amount on it, buying it from someone smarter than you who knew that sooner or later it would be available again.

And as far as exclusivity is concerned, the only exclusive thing in Warframe (apart from the Founders pack) are cosmetics bought with real money.

DE has always clearly said that game items such as mods and weapons would never be exclusive. If you didn't want to listen, the fault is yours.

Well, old event cosmetics and the "Closed Beta Player" badges will 99% most likely stay exclusive since those events are probably not coming back. Though they're not super valuable either, and aren't even worth showing off.

16 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Go read a book about DE's promises them

This promise?

[DE]Rebecca

Posted July 19, 2013

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

Source: 

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fader- said:

And DE let the trading of said overprice product go for 7 years, and that is something to criticize about.

And have done nothing about it for like 7 years? Nice.

But does DE accept any responsability for their recent decision? They should.

Disposition changes anyone?

THere wont be risk if DE handled things differently, that's the point. Keep those legalistic responses coming, it's quite useless when we are talking about ethics if you haven't realised

They are responsible however that there was a potential of making that bad desicion due to them not handling situation in time with Primed chamber before the prices inflated.

I haven't denied the buyers have partial responsability, maybe if you read instead of copypasting generic bold statements you'd understand where I'm coming from.

DE has NO responsibility for your trading practices. End of. You trade at your own risk. You know what someone is asking for in trade. YOU chose to accept the price or not. You're worried about Exclusivity, when you have been told on this thread, that Exclusive only applies to the Founders Pack. Nothing else. I swear mate you really like to practice selective comprehension.

I will lay this out for you as clearly as I can one last time. DE IS NOT responsible in any way shape or form for your in game trading practices. They provided the forum to trade and that is it. DE is responsible for their trading and financial practices between THEM and the PLAYERS.

You have been playing this game for just under 3 years, some of us have been playing for 5, to 8 years. We have ALL had access to these forums and devstreams. You can find multiple threads in history explaining the very arguments you are trying to make and why they are wrong. Only the founders pack is EXCLUSIVE. Only it has real financial value. Trading a founders account is a bannable offence.

It does not matter if DE waited 3 years, 6 years or 7 years to make something that was NEVER exclusive, available again. That is on wait for it... YOU. You chose to accept something that has never been claimed to be exclusive and allowed it in YOUR mind to be worth a ridiculous value.

Again, this has been explained to you multiple times, as you ask "where?". It is time you log off these forums. Reflect on your bad decisions. Accept your own responsibly for them, and understand you have you yourself ALONE to blame. You will not get validation or sympathy from people here. This game is mostly played by adults. They behave as adults. It is time you did the same.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1

Imagine if passion and energy was put forth into pushing for actually fun things getting brought out. Like, where's that Ghoul Rictus Saw that was promised two years ago back when Ghouls were introduced? We also still don't have the Nox GLOO cannon that was also said to be releasing alongside it.

Why do the Grineer get so many exclusives that they paid no plat for!? They even have the Twin Heks and a Jat Kittag polearm! Unfair, I say!

Edited by MartinVole
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MartinVole said:

Imagine if passion and energy was put forth into pushing for actually fun things getting brought out. Like, where's that Ghoul Rictus Saw that was promised two years ago back when Ghouls were introduced? We also still don't have the Nox GLOO cannon that was also said to be releasing alongside it.

Why do the Grineer get so many exclusives that they paid no plat for!? They even have the Twin Heks and a Jat Kittag polearm! Unfair, I say!

This man gets it. Pour him one, on me.

Sorry to tell you dude but warfames never respected rarity so there is no reason for them to start now. Not gonna say they couldn't have done things better but we have a community that feels like they should have everything. Nothing in warframe can just be cool to have anymore or else you're a special snowflake. I will say I didn't have the mod or care about getting it due to its insane rarity and plat cost prior to barro, I did pick on up for myself just to have it but it's what ever the mod itself isn't really worth anyone's time its rarity was the only thing it had going for it.

Players trading responsibilities include who to trade with, the budgets and the pricing.

As long you respect warframe established rules (including how to trade, what to trade, what's exclusive, what's not exclusive, free market) everything else is your decision and you have the freedom necessary to change these parameters.

@Fader-

Be mature and accept the responsibility of your mistake. I also traded my artax riven before it was reintroduced, for a good reason, i predicted the reintroduction.

It's your fault, DE and other players aren't responsible for your own personal decisions, we cannot stop you from trading, we cannot dictate how much you should spend. it sucks, lesson learned.

3 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Event only, avaiable once 7 years ago, only a handful of people got it, and the only way to adquire is by paying ridicolous ammounts of plat. Yeah, totally not exclusive man, ya got me

And yet DE has given it away many, many times in those 7 years. Were those exclusive too? Because they certainly were not event only. By comparison, DE has NEVER given away Founder's items.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

5 minutes ago, Fader- said:

Event only, avaiable once 7 years ago, only a handful of people got it, and the only way to adquire is by paying ridicolous ammounts of plat. Yeah, totally not exclusive man, ya got me

If only the DE had not repeatedly stated that it would have returned ...

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tekikko said:

If only the DE had not repeatedly stated that it would have returned ...

To surmise his response to this:

DE neglected to make it return over those seven years instead insisting the mod would be generally released in some capacity DE_Soon.  This created some artificial scarcity during a time when DE started targeting sources of dirty plat movements and RMT which should somehow be acknowledged by DE.

Which only makes me laugh harder as I watch the market crash.

Lotus guide me I'm throwing my hat into this ring.

Firstly: This mod was not exclusive. The fact that the Snipetron and it's variant returned should have been a really stern sign that the mod would return as well eventually. Those that traded ludicrous amounts of plat for it didn't see the writing on the wall in big bold letters that said: "This is not exclusive. Everything else we said isn't came back, and we've said this would come back too. THIS WILL RETURN EVENTUALLY IN THE FUTURE." If you dropped upwards of 10k platinum on that mod, that is sadly on you.

Onward to my example.

Warframe isn't the only game I play. I'm a fan of Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV for short). To make my money, I've taken a liking to selling maps. Now maps are a pretty decent item since it's consumed on use, and can make you more than it's worth, or a little less depending on drops. Not important. Prices hover around 40,000 gil, a moderate amount. Through friends I've been able to keep a moderate stockpile of spares just in case the market fluctuates. Now one patch they added new items for new fashion and the prices jumped to 120,000 gil a map. One map was now worth the price of maps. Had I saved more I would have made quite a sum more cash than I did previously.

Did I contact Square Enix and demand payment for this unseeable change that they have consistently done time and time again by adding new items that people will undoubtedly want? Did I take to the forums and call those who were now making bank terrible people because I wasn't one of them? Did I throw out vitriol and vile insults to any that had a differing opinion? Absolutely not. I played the game and knew what was ahead and learned from it. I've changed how I do things so I dont feel that sting of regret again.

Now Warframe is different, because you can BUY platinum  with real cash. However you can also TRADE for platinum too. Does this lessen the worth? Some people have tens of thousands without paying a cent. Sure it comes from somewhere, but it's used to buy cosmetics which have no intrinsic worth attached to them in the real word. It's money being thrown into a sink since you cant turn platinum back into real cash. Mod trading (ex: rivens) are very much the same. Rivens are the only outlier because they are buffed or nerfed at an unseen variable that only the devs can see. But we knew they were going to nerf those as well, and yet people still opened cans of worms to fling at eachother over that.

This mod is different since you still very much have it. If you bought it for that much plat I'm quite sure you didnt outright buy that plat. And if you did buy it please message me so I can give you my paypal number (please do not actually message me). You still have a mod, a mod that was never said to be exclusive, a mod that has caused panicked grinding, salt mining, forum exploding, popcorn popping craziness. Sometimes you gotta take the 'L' and move on or ship out. There is no alternative because I guarantee you DE isn't going to take this mod away from everyone that bought it from Baro.

Also people in the far Warframe Future, if the Founders Pack items ever become available, please quote this and point and laugh at me for having faith in DE's words. Cheers Tenno!

33 minutes ago, Fader- said:

It seems like you have no ground to prove me wrong so all you can do is watch and hope someone else does this.

Primed chamber was never exclusive and has always intended to come back as DE stated multiple times. 

There's tons of ground for prime chamber coming back as multiple people have sited devs saying it will come back provided by many in this thread, there has been nothing for it remaining exclusive besides people's pathetic entitlement.

Only one thing is exclusive in warframe bound by legal contract and that is the founder's pack, everything else is free game.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Case1 said:

So basically the last couple pages boiled down to its base elements 

Fader- I'm an idiot who did something dumb but its DE's fault I did the dumb thing

Everyone else - no its your own fault dummy lol, stop crying

Fader- cries harder about how its DE's fault that he did something stupid

Someone lock this? 

Jesus its sad seeing this people who've tied up so much of their own value with a virtual item that its turned them brain dead like fader

I’ll just add that there is a discussion to be had about oversight on runaway demand with DE.

It isn’t about culpability or responsibility as much as it is about the health of the relationship between players and DE.

Back in the day it was a “predatory” practice to spend plat on slot-machine Kubrow colors/patterns and the feature was removed and plat refunded.  Just providing some context.

DE knew it would eventually re-introduce this Mod.  A PSA would have been a good business practice, because perception by some is that it is predatory and DE chose to stay silent and take the real-world equivalent $ for the exhorbitant Plat that was being spent.

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

DE knew it would eventually re-introduce this Mod.  A PSA would have been a good business practice, because perception by some is that it is predatory and DE chose to stay silent and take the real-world equivalent $ for the exhorbitant Plat that was being spent.

Just a heads up, if they said early that Baro was going to have Primed Chamber in the upcoming weeks, that would have caused the exact same reaction. "I bought it before for lots of plat and now it's going to come back no dont do it bad DE bad!" would have been half the posts in a thread similar to this.

Meme mod value destroyed as soon as it became available to everyone.  

Great life-lesson for everyone: dont invest too much into something as ephemeral and fleeting. Don't overvalue something only because of its rarity and exclusivity (its not even great or gamechanging like Miming Strike used to be). People who made a cult out of Prime Chamber only have themselves to blame (DE had said many time that PChamber would return and you should all know DE's history with exclusives too).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Monolake

1 minute ago, AlchemicMike said:

Just a heads up, if they said early that Baro was going to have Primed Chamber in the upcoming weeks, that would have caused the exact same reaction. "I bought it before for lots of plat and now it's going to come back no dont do it bad DE bad!" would have been half the posts in a thread similar to this.

You think someone is planning a DDOS attack on DE. That is what happened when they made the Prisma Skana "available" again a few years ago. It did not stop DE then, why would they change now?

3 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You think someone is planning a DDOS attack on DE. That is what happened when they made the Prisma Skana "available" again a few years ago. It did not stop DE then, why would they change now?

???
No I'm in agreement. No matter what happened this would have been the same reaction people were having. Hell I remember people being upset that the Umbra Excal Prime in China was similar to Excal Prime. Even though it was different and given to them because they didn't get a chance to get our founders packs.

Basically: People on the internet are gonna complain. Prime Chamber, Riven changes, frame changes, doesn't matter someone is gonna take a big issue with it.

I'm just gonna snack on some popcorn while the term "exclusivity" is bounced around like a racquetball.

5 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

???
No I'm in agreement. No matter what happened this would have been the same reaction people were having. Hell I remember people being upset that the Umbra Excal Prime in China was similar to Excal Prime. Even though it was different and given to them because they didn't get a chance to get our founders packs.

Basically: People on the internet are gonna complain. Prime Chamber, Riven changes, frame changes, doesn't matter someone is gonna take a big issue with it.

I'm just gonna snack on some popcorn while the term "exclusivity" is bounced around like a racquetball.

Careful, that exclusive popcorn might cause someone to get jealous and post a salt mountain on a forum somewhere when it gets made widely available....

17 minutes ago, AlchemicMike said:

The phenomenon started long before “a few weeks ago”.  That’s part of the point.