Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Railjack was a standalone game ?

If what we saw at Tennocon was delivered, I'd try a free demo and then, if I liked it, paid whatever is your country's equivalent of a standard Indie game price.

In the current state, I would demand a refund as it is nowhere near what was shown at Tennocon.

• Like 19

The thing is that it is not a standalone game at all as Warframe core mechanics are very important there too. It is always like that with DE. Just have a bit of faith, it can end up like Archwing(mental forfeit) or like Operator(from S#&$ty kamehameha and focus galore to what it is now). It is patched constantly and personnally I love the core mechanics and art assets around it, it needs way more but it was definitely delivered as something promising(extremly lackluster as well).

The fly around gun stuff aspect is like 20% of it am.

I personnally hope for a more drastic integration to Railjack everywhere in the game as a profitable option for players. I would vastly appreciate having it mixed(if chosen) with every other activity one way or another. It will probably take a lot of time to get to an optimal spot, DE time is long look at 2nd dream it was almost 2 years from now and between that we only got erra quest and an event cinematic for the main storyline)

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2

An odd question I don’t think I’d ask myself at the moment 🤔 

I’m much more curious as to why you ask it of us, since that seems to be where the interesting stuff lies. Such a question speaks to me of motives I cannot as yet see, and if I’m going to answer this question I’d like to know what the context is and what it is you’re looking for in a response, since it doesn’t seem laid out clearly to see (for me, at least)

Weird question, considering Railjack is barely a year old, there is still work to be done, this was confirmed by DE. I'm no game designer, but i would believe that integrating Railjack into the game as they wanted it, with all that is going on, even more so with the current global events, it will take some more time before we can see that happen.

But again, I'm just someone who enjoys the game, I don't really like to spend time looking at all of the mistakes of DE just to make a compilation and then live grumpy because the game "is not what i want it to be"

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

An odd question I don’t think I’d ask myself at the moment 🤔 

I’m much more curious as to why you ask it of us, since that seems to be where the interesting stuff lies. Such a question speaks to me of motives I cannot as yet see, and if I’m going to answer this question I’d like to know what the context is and what it is you’re looking for in a response, since it doesn’t seem laid out clearly to see (for me, at least)

Good question yourself. I guess deeper motives would be, DE seems to be shooting themselves in the foot trying to develop AAA stranded updates, Railjack looks AAA, but is too shallow…I wonder if they would be better for them to work with what’s already working for them..  New star chart would be nice...

Kind of hard to consider Railjack its own game in my mind, too much of the rest of Warframe is connected to it (Frames, Weapons, Archwings Enemies) overall I'd say it would be a proof of concept more than a released title in the current state it is.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

If Railjack was a standalone game. What would you paid for it, what would it be sold for in today’s gaming market...? 

I would probably buy a game like Railjack, since I love spaceship combat. It would probably be very different though if it were bought by players instead of being free-to-play like it is: less grind, no microtransactions, one-time unlock of new ship upgrades from missions or achievements rather than through farming.

All of these things that can feel annoying to some players come part-and-parcel with the free-to-play model, as incentive for purchases but accessible (and fair) to those who can't/won't make purchases. If the game weren't free-to-play, we'd have to consider how the game's resource and reward structure would be.

• Like 4

It technically already is standalone lol.

For the sake of argument though, if it was a standalone game and not connected with Warframe, I wouldn’t pay much for it if I’m being honest. It doesn’t have much content with it to begin with, and it’s very buggy mess in its current state.

If Warframe started off like railjack I would've been 10x more excited to play it. Are you kidding me? 

I downloaded and played Warframe when it was just a few characters in a dark procedurally generated dungeons. 

If instead of just corridors,  it was flying a ship, exiting ship, flying into another ship, killing enemies, 2 factions from the start, weapons to level for AW,RJ, warframes etc....yeah, I would've definitely tried it. 

If anything, I would've assumed it would become like the trailer the way Warframe become what it is today, without much of a trailer.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

DE will remove it from the game at some point, just like they removed Raids 🙂

But raid contained more logistics more coordination  and less  30 map of the same objectives. Also u could have played  whit 8 players WHY there isnt a game mode where u can play whit 8 OKAY not 8 maybe six player six players RJ whit more objectives and better objectives.

Raids was the nearest damn thing in this game that had to do anything whit co-op otherwise warframe  is a pretty boring game as you will always have to fight over mobs in pubs or straight up leeching in pubs.

I already bought it, played it and finished it. Its called everspace. I even paid for dlcs. Its very fun, loot gathering, intense space combats with your ship. 

What we got is bad, demo mockup. It only had one mission. DE is struggling to add new mission types but they have lots of examples.

• Like 4

In the current state? It would be free beta.

Anyone demanding money for free beta testing would be met with my refusal.

If you genuinely look at railjack standalone it is not more than 40 minutes of game time , it  looks longer cause of the grind and time gates. 

All the missions are effectively the same. 

So I would pay zero for it as it is in essence a demo of a concept. 

• Like 4

Railjack, as it exists, couldn’t stand alone as anything more than a proof of concept. It’s not a game; it’s a mission type.

It remains to be seen of DE can turn it into more than that, but right now, I would not pay for it, even as something like early access.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Railjack, as it exists, couldn’t stand alone as anything more than a proof of concept. It’s not a game; it’s a mission type.

It remains to be seen of DE can turn it into more than that, but right now, I would not pay for it, even as something like early access.

What do you have to strip from railjack for you to say it couldn't stand alone.

The frames, their weapons and combat? Because if you leave those things in, railjack is about as good as Warframe on launch minus few bosses. 

If you strip those things, then that's like asking "would you buy spy as its own spy game?" I don't see how that's a valid criticism.

Edited by Hypernaut1