Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

about 3 times more popular than anything else

"But I never see anybody using it..."  😛

I'm glad your addressing some of the issues, and mechanically these seem like thoughtful and fairly moderate ideas.

But...I'm concerned that reducing the weapon's popularity and the number of bomblets is not going to do enough to reduce the sensory overload that makes the Bramma truly unpleasant for me.  It's not just the number of explosions, it's their intensity, and the lack of display filters to reduce the impact of other players' effects on -my- screen.   There's also the audio.  I'm sure it will get spammed less which will be nice, but it's just mixed too loud compared to almost everything else.

It's a really powerful weapon, no doubt, but  I think much of the furor over it is based on how noticeable it is rather than how powerful it is.  Somebody can use melee or abilities to destroy maps and I'll barely register what's doing it, but the Bramma just pounds me over the head with its presence.

I really think if you'd  tackled the  sensory elements first, you might have avoided needing some of the mechanical nerfs  and all the angst those will cause for fans of the weapon. 

If you get nothing else from this, please, please, please give us finer display controls.   Effect Intensity in Display Options should have at least one additional slider:  "Other player effects".

So, seeing as you want it to be more focused on "cluster of enemies" does this mean you're going to increase weapon swap speed by about 300%+? Swapping from primary to secondary generally takes longer that just shooting the same weapon at an enemy till it dies.

Very, very rarely do I swap from primary to secondary but I have my gear setup so secondary is for long range single target damage, and primary is for aoe multi-target damage. But swapping weapons takes so long 95% of the time I just use primary or secondary for w/e then melee for everything else because it is instant swap and faster.

Please increase weapon swap speed by a factor of 3x or more. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, More-L said:

Please increase weapon swap speed by a factor of 3x or more. Thanks. 

There's a mod for that,its called Twitch,200% Holster speed for primaries, Exilus mod.

8 minutes ago, IGN_Maverick said:

There are some primary weapons that are actually DEAD and BURIED. It would be nice if you also focused on doing something to bring those up, instead of just focusing on the abused ones.

There's 100's of weapons in the game, its much simpler to focus on outliers who are too powerful then try to raise 100 other weapons to match their potency.

Just now, Kayll said:

There's a mod for that,its called Twitch,200% Holster speed for primarys, Exilus mod.

I am aware of those mods. But why would I waste a very valuable mod slot for something like that when I can just use secondary+melee or primary+melee which has an instant swap? I don't "need" to swap weapons from primary to secondary and vice-versa to clear nearly any content I play. But I would like to enjoy using my whole arsenal in a mission and increasing swap speed would solve that issue for me, and I'm sure many other players.

Gun to melee is instant by default, so why cant gun to gun be reasonably fast by default?

Tbh i main bramma since it came out and the changes yes it kinda hurts me but im ok with tht its juz that the reason of the 1st 2 changes is bs players complain cant see through and encourage players to shoot at enemy crowd.

Like seriously the only thing im shooting at is the ENEMY CROWD not simply shooting(obviously some ppl cant shoot tht well) and whats the complain about cant see through like what r u shooting at in the whole game, the walls? 

This is juz my opinion the changes is ok but DE at least give some good reason behind the changes not becuz some ppl cant see through n complain about it and u decided to nerf it and yea about the thing btween kuva liches weapons n MR pls do something bout it thanks 🙂 ps:tht ammo change like why why would u do that 

And yea basically juz killed this weapon n no more fun i guess well back to normal warframe when u think a weapons good it gets nerf its juz a cycle im used to tht 😉

Do you have a conscience? I've been knocking it out and pumping it for a month!! So that it ends up useless? The only thing that is correct is a rank increase for use.😡😟😟😟😟

These changes are getting kinda ridiculous. You are nerfing the fad that is the bramma right now. Remember how insanely popular fulmin was at launch? Or just about any other weapon that comes out and is good. You guys changed the whole game to try and deal with the bramma. Then you did it again. And again. 

(self dmg removal, adding exposive falloff, bramma's cluster bombs being effectively removed.) 

Please just stop. Slow down on things. Tweak the visuals of the bramma so reddit stops whining and then take stock of the situation. Bramma is dying as it is. You do not need to kill it over the fad it is currently experiencing. 

None of this addresses liches being available to players who need to be carried through them. This doesn't even affect the cluster bombs killing framerates... Which is what half the people complain about anyway. I just give up on this. 

23 hours ago, Kracken said:

this feels a little like an overkill

66% @MR usage since its introduction

23 hours ago, (XB1)LostSpark13 said:

Could you guys try like, gradual nerf?
You have a tendency to nothing or all with your nerf.

I feel that the number of arrows reducing would be better switched to a slower bow draw. I often run out of ammo already when I only use the bramma as enemies cluster killer, while I melee the rest.

Another improvement would be to give us player a new sounds channel we can turn ip or down independently of ambient noise: weapons sounds effects.
They can be really loud when turning up the sound for sabotage caches.

Nah. If i have to suffer having the Synapse, Phage and KBrakk damage being cut in half, so do you. Plasmor nerf was bullet pointed and gradual and there weren't any less complaints, in fact the opposite was true, up to and including "i'm quitting warframe forever and taking my toys with me".

8 hours ago, Mara said:

Damage values : untouched. Actually made a bit better due to a falloff reduction.
Range : still absurdly large compared to other launchers.
Ammo changes irrelevant. Ammo capacity has always had ways to be circumvented, even before exilus slots made it a complete non-issue.

This community : kUvA brAMMa iS dEAd

... I don't know what I expected from you guys.

thats the sad part... a popular top tier weapon gets nerfed even a little bit, and suddenly all the ppl obsessed with the meta scream out that the weapon is dead.  maybe they could... oh i dont know... wait till the changes hit, and see what they think about it with first hand experience before they complain?  but thats apparenlty too much to ask for these days

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are changing it so that:

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

It'd also make sense to increase arrow charge time. The bow is huge after all.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

Finally the nerf, TY @DE! Also can you decrease the sound effect for co-team-mates but leave the explosive load noise to the person using the explosive AOE Bramma? The noise has caused many issues with failed Distruption objectives because we cannot hear the demo's approaching with bombs are going off in all direction with Bramma.

Also the damage is still too powerful and a 50% fall off wont do much justice. The cluster's just be more of a tool for staggering or adding status than killing even more enemies.

On a side note can you guys fix the Mutalist Cernos UI stats in weapon info.

DE again forgets lesser projectiles / bomblets = less status procing.

Was with the mirage nerf now again. Seems you guys dont learn from your mistakes!

(i Dont have Kuva Bramma but less ammo wont hurt me once I get it, theres a workaround)

6 hours ago, lainverse said:

You just marked changing it to 50% as a negative even though it's a buff. Only first two positions are nerfs and one of them is ridiculously easy to circumvent.

Beside that drop in usage may actually save current Bramma riven disposition. Otherwise it will drop from 0.8 to 0.5-0.6 in the next update.

Reduce fall off - So people won't use it as much...the goal of this nerf

Hmmm...where is it marked as a negative?  Because people won't use it as much? Is that the negative part? Or it is the overall nerfing of the weapon? Hmmmm....

You asked if I knew what the dropoff change meant...I said yes...then you proceed to continue to complain about my comment.

You do you tho...work that post count.

3 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Reduce fall off - So people won't use it as much...the goal of this nerf

You don't know what fall-off is, right? Fall-off means the farther it travels, the less damage it deals. Instead of getting 0% damage at full distance, you'll get 50%. Yes, it is a buff.

6 minutes ago, Xaero said:

You don't know what fall-off is, right? Fall-off means the farther it travels, the less damage it deals. Instead of getting 0% damage at full distance, you'll get 50%. Yes, it is a buff.

Wow really? Didn't I already state I know what fall off means?

Fun times had by all...

Well nice change.

With no self damage, there was 0 drawback at using the weapon (and self damage was removed mainly after bramma was released because people were dying of using an overpowered weapon).
This should have happened already with the removal of self damage, since a lot of weapons were nerfed back then even the one that didn't need any nerf like the staticor.

Honestly seeing someone at nearly every mission jumping everywhere at the speed of light carpet bombing the whole room without even looking if there was something to shoot was getting old, so I think the changes are pretty cool.

Archived