Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your Favorite Weapons in the Game?

hippokrene

My most forma'd weapon is Iginus Wrath. It's also the most fun weapon for me. I loved every moment of leveling it up

If you can't appreciate the pure joy of running through maps setting everyone you meet on fire, you are dead inside and probably hate dogs too.

Honorable mentions:

Sonicor -- Yes, I could kill the last mob on this defense map, but it's far more interesting to let the objective heal while juggling a Bombarder around the map.

Forward Artillery - The only weapon in the game where the charge-up is as satisfying as the boom. The rising sound of rrrrrhhhh, the build up of light across the face of a crewship tumbling helpless in the void before me. Sublime!

Dread - How does a tiny arrow cut an armored soldier clean in half? Must be space magic. High crit chance, high status damage, innate punch through and the screen flashes red for a second as the arrow rushes from your fingers to its victim. But what really makes this boy great? The memories. The memories of the Stalker terrorizing my innocent MR 5 Tenno. The first few times, I tried to run or fight back, but eventually I realized it was no use and couldn't win.

But I got stronger, and eventually the worm turns--and this time she has a flamethrower!

Then I took a cool bow bp from his smoldering corpse. Every time I see it, it reminds me of that evening, and I feel a little warmer inside.

So... what are you favorite weapons?

• Like 3

Tatsu - the weeb sword for weebs.

Galatine (Stock) - a sniff of nostalgia.

Corinth (Stock) - For some reason it feels better than prime, most likely the alt fire situation.

Kuva Brakk - Just a reliable weapon.

Tiberon Prime - Another really reliable weapon.

Opticor (both) - Because some times, a big meme beam is the way to fix your day.

• Like 1

Daikyu has a soft spot for the life-steal on nikanas, which is kind of funny because I hated the asymmetric design when I first saw it and now I can't live without it. And my Spira Prime do pretty good: a healthy fire rate, not too slow nor crazy fast, and crit-focused.

I've gotten a bit of a soft spot for bows-and-throws in general, honestly. They feel genuinely "Tenno", their lack of recoil feels really smooth, and their lower firing volume means the sounds on successful shots resonates a lot more. Not to mention the whole bit about needing to aim. There's no bullet spread to make up for missing: it's on the player. And when you nail that long-range snipe on a Dargyn, there's no compare.

I only wish I could put Arcanes on them. Dat Pax Charge doe...

• Like 3

Melee- Scindo Prime or Zaw

Secondary - Catchmoon or Spira Prime

Primary- Synapse, Paris Prime or Zenith

I really like non-meta weapons as why Im using Scindo and Synapse most the time, as for Catchmoon which is kinda meta I use it when I get annoyed by tanky enemies

• Like 1

I love the burston prime, tiberon prime(honestly everything that is burst)
Pyrana prime literally the only secondary I'm using 
Gunsen, just the elegance it gives to female frames is soo good
Silva & Aegis prime, I love that thing sword and shield is my favorite melee type
I'm having fun with the glaxion vandal but only paired with mag
20 days aways from zenith I already have a good riven for it, pretty sure I'm gonna like it.

honorable mention is chakhurr

• Like 1

Stradavar Prime. Loved the original, love the prime even more. Accurate, dependable, sweet sound design. The OG alt-fire-modes rifle.

Knell. A weapon that both demands and rewards careful aim and skill. I enjoyed the concept on release, but it really came alive when it was made full-auto, making for some amazing setups with Harrow, Volt and others.

Tonbo. Dependable, great all-round polearm. When I can't decide what to bring, I usually take Tonbo and it always performs great.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Daikyu has a soft spot for the life-steal on nikanas, which is kind of funny because I hated the asymmetric design when I first saw it and now I can't live without it. And my Spira Prime do pretty good: a healthy fire rate, not too slow nor crazy fast, and crit-focused.

I've gotten a bit of a soft spot for bows-and-throws in general, honestly. They feel genuinely "Tenno", their lack of recoil feels really smooth, and their lower firing volume means the sounds on successful shots resonates a lot more. Not to mention the whole bit about needing to aim. There's no bullet spread to make up for missing: it's on the player. And when you nail that long-range snipe on a Dargyn, there's no compare.

I only wish I could put Arcanes on them. Dat Pax Charge doe...

Me too! I have every bow in the game. As hard as it is to kill mobs with single shots, killing them with bows is pretty satisfying, not to say impaling them to the wall just makes bows fun. 

Daikyu + nikana is one of my fav setups as well 

• Like 1

Favorite weapon in the game has to be Kronen Prime. Really it's just the Sovereign Outcast stance that does it for me. No other melee felt right after I made the switch to tonfas. 

Primary is a toss up between Scourge and Kuva Kohm. If you want to apply apply 10x stacks of viral/cor/heat on an an enemy in <1 second Scourge is the only tool for the job. Kuva Kohm for when you want to apply a whole bunch of stacks of all sorts of stats effects on everybody in the general direction you are aiming. Full auto shotty with 4x multi and 350% sc. Yes please.

Secondary is also a tough choice between two weapons. Cyanex and Twin Kohmak. Both of these weapons make short work of nulli bubbles and are great at applying status. The Cyanex just looks good. Who needs to aim when you can dump a full mag of homing darts at some poor bastards. Twin Kohmak for the exact same reason as the Kohm except I get 2 of them!!

As you might be able to tell I suck at aiming and only use primary/secondary weapons that compliment my melee. Load out for almost every frame is Scourge/Twin Khomak/Kronen Prime. This combo does not care if you are lvl 1 or lvl 9999 nothing stands a chance. 

• Like 1

I liked the concept of the Zaws,  a weapon that is built for you. I really like the keewar. Too bad it's gotten left behind a little, but it's still one of my favourite.  A scythe suitable for an evil boss . 

Kitguns too but their visual design never got me too excited. Rattleguts is my favourite kitgun. 

It's hard to pick  But outside of modular weapons. 

Prisma grinlok and basmu for primary. 

Cyanex and ocucor for secondary, 

Zenith (with big ass skin) and Mios for melee. 

These aren't my most used weapons I think but I like them and they can take me through most missions. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

Primary: Kuva Chakkhurr
It's basically a hand held tank cannon and headshots makes Graneer forever sleep in one hit!

Secondary: Secura Dual Cestra
I really love using these dual wield miniguns and I have a perfect riven that gives 199% multishot and close to 300% damage and it just lights up any crowd standing in my way!

Melee: Silva & Aegis Prime
After the changes to status has made this weapon unstoppable, but I do miss my old gas build with it though.

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115
  • Like 1

Vectis Prime, Lex Prime and Euphona Prime, for obvious reasons.

Skiajati, it's just a strong and fast melee weapon with some useful utility option.

Stradavar Prime, mostly because it looks good, besides being a good weapon, it's in a similar place as my Tiberon P..

Rakta Cernos, it just feels good to use, or just get some energy by standing around even if a teammate nukes the map.

Baza Prime, for the rare times i'm not using Banshee, it's on theme with my spec-op Mag with Gauss helmet and good for ez moding Kuva Floods or Lich missions with Ivara.

Sancti Magistar, for its crits and (somewhat limited)utility.

Daikyu, i need a prime or dragon version, preferably with a scope.

Akstiletto Prime, for its looks, not as much for its function, but it gets the job done despite not being a good crit weapon, i would prefer a single Somati Prime over it with better looks, but skins are always an option and the Zundi skin looks good, Viper Wraith and Akstilettos until then.

I still like the aesthetics of the Soma Prime.

Using my Kuva Tonkor for pre-nerf Tonkor nostalgia, but it doesn't feel right without self-damage.

Kuva Ayanga, and i'm guessing i will like the Velocitus if i ever get to the point i don't need the resources i have to spend to max out the other two Syndicates that has the parts, but i'm not rushing it.

Rakta Dark Dagger, when it was still worth taking over other melee weapons for Covert Lethality.

• Like 1

Corinth/Corinth Prime. Decent shotgun, but the looks, sound and feel just make it a joy to use. Of the two, I lean towards base Corinth, but Corinth Prime is still great.

Acceltra. With the removal of self-damage, this thing has finally done what I wanted it to do all along; replace the Astilla as my Mirage's main weapon (sorry Gauss). Plus, as a Warhammer 40,000 fan, I was always going to love an automatic mini-missile gun.

Bows. I have three: Daikyu, Rakta Cernos and Dread, and I like them all. Alongside Opticor Vandal, they are the only charge trigger weapons I can tolerate. There's something about destroying high-tech enemies with energy weapons by firing sticks at them.

Pandero. Especially with my Mesa (sorry Octavia). "It's tenno clock." Can't wait till December when Pandero Prime arrives.

Akvasto Prime. Again, for my Mesa. I'm not going to claim it's anywhere near the best weapon out there, but for that complete Space Cowgirl theme, they're indispensable.

Redeemer Prime. An interesting journey this weapon has gone through. First it was a Gas-based status weapon, then the crit and status buff and Condition Overload nerf made it into a Viral hybrid weapon, and now the shotgun multishot rework has turned it into a Viral crit weapon. Still powerful, though.

Tatsu. My Saryn's new main weapon (sorry Revenant). Is it a great weapon? No. Is Wise Razor a good Stance? Not really. Does it look badass in the hands of my Saryn? Yes. Then that's enough for me then.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

To date, I have only used three weapons most often (in order of appearance),

Hek
Amprex
Shedu - With a fast reload mod, it becomes an endless grenade launcher. Quite fun to play with. If I have to go against Sentients in the Anomaly, I'd just remove the fast reload mod so that I can have access to the pulse that removes the sentients' resistances.

I should try other weapons.

• Like 1

Primary: its a toss up between the Corinth prime and the Stratavar  depends on the situation of the mission

secondary: Magnus:  this hand cannon Just feels right

Melee  it Depends  on the Frame for Valkyr it has to be the venka, for my trinity i prefer a glave for everything else there is Pangolin prime

I will openly admit i tend to stick with the "Tenno styled" weapons as there lines just look awesome 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazarow said:

Melee- Scindo Prime or Zaw

Secondary - Catchmoon or Spira Prime

Primary- Synapse, Paris Prime or Zenith

I really like non-meta weapons as why Im using Scindo and Synapse most the time, as for Catchmoon which is kinda meta I use it when I get annoyed by tanky enemies

Synapse is a monster of a weapon, I approve of this notion

• Like 2

1. Fulmin ( dual type shooting )

2. Corinth prime ( dual type shooting) 

3. Kuva hind ( similar to tiberon but prefer hind )

4. Kuva nukor ( aoe mob clear )

5. Daikyu or dread ( life steal and style )

6. Tekko prime ( close combat yeah )

7. Kuva Shildeg with crushing ruin on valkyr ( beyblade )

8. Gram prime ( only when using valkyr )

Primary: old school guns and LMGs, so Tigris family, Supra Vandal, Sybaris and Grinlok are all up there. Soma Prime is Ok and was one of my first guns, but Quellor beats it for me, at least when modded with Primed Shred. 

Secondary: Akvasto and Aklex primes. it took a lot of begging by myself and other s but eventually they became a thing. 

melee: Tatsu, Galatine, Guandao and Skiajati. I like most melees, but I mainly enjoy heavy blades, Two handed Nikanas and polearms.

Kuva twin Stubba, Tombfinger, Verox - They are pretty good for mid to high level. The Stubba and Verox feel good to use as you burn through the ammo.

Fulmin, Opticor Vandal - Can be used against crowds, can be used against single targets. Both of them is pretty versatile. 

Ooltha zaw, Sigma and Octantis - Shred everything. There's nothing that can survive these melee weapons. (Especially with a good riven.)

Oh yeah. The Kuva Ayanga is just pure awesomeness. It's like some ww2 cannon as it shoots and the projectile makes It's way slowly to the target and bamm. A big explosion.

Edited by JackHargreav

Primary:

Astilla - An area effect shotgun that doesn't have self-killing penalty before the self stagger update.

Ignis - It is one of the most easy weapon to use, and also able to spread procs everywhere.

Secondary:

Pox - Combine of automatic trigger, area effect, with lasting area effect, and single poison element, makes it one of the best weapon to deal with Corpus, and even against Grineers its ridiculosly high proc rate dismantles the enemy armor.

Honorable mention:

Latron - I like the concept of DMR, and it was actually a fun weapon. Unless the game is all about removing a bunch of stuffs and makes me to avoid to the weapons that is neither automatic trigger or explosive(to keep my fingers functional), I think that I can stick with my Latron Prime even now.

Ankyros - Ankyros Prime's look is my favorate among the melee weapons. Although I don't use any melee weapon at all due the the removal of quick melee, but I miss the day when I carry it on my hands.

Primary: Kuva Bramma, big bakoom bow. Simply amazing in sound, visuals and strength.

Secondary: Tombfinger, basically a hand cannon that can yeet dead enemies into the sun.

Melee: Guandao, By far my most used weapon of all time. At one point i had 60% usage on my guandao. I hope Guandao Prime comes out soon.

• Like 1

I have 5 favorites in each category.

Primary: all kitguns primary, kuva bramma, secura penta, vulkar wraith, kuva chakkur

Secondary: all kitguns, kuva nukor, sanct castanas, kuva twin stubbas, kuva seer.

Melee: Zaws, paracesis, stropha, twin basolk, wolf hammer.