Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

This is the perfect oportunity to get the armor pieces from the enemies for warframes such as the shoulder plates of the lancers, the jetpack from the hellion and even the weapons from the enemies such as the napalm launcher, nox's weapon, rictus, vay molta's jat kittag and even we can get stalker's helm...... fine, maybe not this one but anyways, please fix the steel essence being so rare.

27 minutes ago, FaridRLz said:

a way that we can block a stat of a riven for being randomized?

This suggestion just like Umbra forma would push optional side content into mandatory.

Rebecca and the team made it very clear that this content is optional and for the people who wanted a little more of a challenge to test their high end builds against. Not the nebulous endgame so many people desire. 

Personal perspective I lay this controversy at the feet of the very content creators who begged and pleaded for this mode. And then when they realized that this was not going to be a way for them to get what they wanted out of the game their critique went to an eleven. 

But we shall see. I am diving into this on my day off. Time to see how my unkillable arse holds up against perpetual sponge.

I want to suggest that when we use steel path the enemies increase in levels drop increased resources. so at lvl 110 the resources increase by 10% with 120 enemies another 10% increase and so on.

Also when we do fissures if its doable make it so the reward give two relics per 5 minutes or 5 waves

1 hour ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Nightmare missions on Steel Path still scale off the regular levels. Please make it so that they would also have a Steel Path scaling when you're on it

Make that all "special" missions - Nightmare, Arbitrations, Sortie, Invasions etc. Once I'm on the path I don't want to step down from it.

Can the Mastery Rank received from the Steel Path please be adjusted so we don't end up with horrible MR numbers like 2.151.002. There are a lot of people out there who would like a nice round number.

It has just now occurred to me that not only Teshin's reward shop is lacking, but also mission rewards.

Example that will interest the most people - Kuva Survival.

If I do Kuvival with enemies +100 levels, I would expect to receive +100% Kuva - affected further by Boosters and Events.

In general, all mission rewards and resources should be globally at least doubled for Steel Path and still be affected by Boosters and Events.

Furthermore, all defence objectives need to be scaled up as well. Even though you recently buffed excavators, they're still comparable to a wet tissue when Lich missions are played, meaning they will have the same problem in Steel Path. Kuvival Life Support needs to be buffed too.

Suggestion for Steel Path:

• Double all in mission resources (enemy drops, Cryotic, Kuva, Cephalite, etc.) but not pickups, such are Ayatan Sculptures, Granum Coins, etc. however, I would make an exception and allow double rewards for Corrupted Mods gained in Orokin Derelict as having the Keys on you while playing Steel Path does merit an extra reward.
  • Double rare resource drop chance (Orokin Cell, Argon Crystal, etc.) based on their respective planet resource pool and for the love of Vey Hek remove Railjack resources from here. People doing Steel Path surely don't need them anymore and not in such puny quantities.
  • Double mod drop chance, especially for rare mods like Condition Overload etc. so they are easier to get with the added difficulty.
  • Double all consumable and resource mission rewards (Spectres and such).
  • Increase health of all defence targets as well as NPCs, Extractors, Life Supports and such.
  • Do not forget to apply the above to Archwing missions and events like Fomorian as well, where applicable.
  • Double the rare Arcane drop chance and double the amount of received Arcanes from Eidolons fought on Steel Path.
  • Make all of the increased rewards mentioned above be still affected by Boosters and Events, where applicable.
  • Add all Forma types (including Umbral Forma), Orokin Catalyst and Reactor, Exilus Adapter, and Riven Slivers into Teshin's shop and double the purchasable Kuva from 10k to 20k.
  • Add Conclave cosmetics into Teshin's shop.
  • Add otherwise unobtainable non-Prime cosmetics into Teshin's shop, for example https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rubedo_Skins and more. You can add cosmetics from past Renown Packs as well since they are now unobtainable as well. Just to mention this in advance, this is not unfair to those who purchased the Renown Packs, because the packs contained Platinum and it is the same as saying getting a Prime Warframe trough Relics is unfair to those who bought Prime Access.
  • Perhaps add Arcanes into Teshin's shop as well? Food for thought. I don't want to make Eidolons obsolete, but Scarlet Spear kid of did that already, so the above Eidolon related suggestion might be a good alternative to this one.
  • Make the planet decorations and such be a reward for winning the Relay 1v1 fight.

Doing the above will give Steel Path bigger replay value and motivate players to use it more than once and then forget about it.

I can imagine it being a valid source of new things and stuff to do even for many veterans for several weeks if not months and there's little effort from your side, DE, as all of the above I suggested are things already present in the game.

Hi DEs, an opinion, overall, enemies level and dmg+ health and armor scale is good. Rewards after completed a planet is kidda “ew” finished 2 planets only 4 Steel Es, should be Given 5-10 Steel Es for the reward of completing a planet. 
Junction specters is a joke, still be able 1 hit them suggest to replace them with Prime Version or make those specters stronger and more challenges, harder to fight. Rewards will be 2-4 Steel Es

15 hours ago, TheWestmark said:

• Forbid use of ciphers
  • Spy missions require all vaults be successfully hacked
  • Exterminate missions have the higher-end objectives, more enemies required to kill
  • Defense objectives taken from sorties (NPCs that wander and can be revived)
  • Static planetary modifiers similar to sortie mission-specific modifiers (this would ensure the gameplay planet-to-planet would be different, if every mission was the same level)
  • (Additional, mission-type restrictions/changes with sorties as a clear influence)

This is such a great idea and you guys should take note of this. Making the steel path more difficult but in more interesting ways on top of the simple level increase and armor, health and shield modifiers that you guys currently have implemented would make me way more interesting to play through the star chart again.

I've played a little (finished Earth, currently halfway Venus) and here is my feedback:

- There is a big discrepancy of EHP between grineers and other factios, I disliked that a lot, this feels like the old armor scaling and also brings up to us the same problems you already fixed with the new EHP curve system. Every faction should have more similar values of EHP between them, obviously not the same.

- I don't understand why people waste space here for actual feedback with their ideas of "endgame", when this was literally announced as "not endgame", just the same missions but harder. That being said, it's funny enough reading people being "shocked" because the rewards are the same (something that was also announced).

- Steel Essence drop rate is way too low, more than Vitus before the increased values. 

- People wanting "better AI" and then describing exactly what the current AI does as a suggestion (taking cover, moving on formation, etc) is laughable as well.

- Don't bring big rewards like umbra forma here. I mean, hell, I really want it to be farmable but this mode won't be optional anymore if the umbra forma drops on Teshin rewards. I would bring them back to anomalies or on the exotic goods of Little Duck.

- Archwing missions feels really nice.

- Consider scaling the difficulty of the enemies with the wf squad size (1 tenno would have almost the same values as we have live for enemies, 4 wf squad should be more difficult, because 4 frames already trivialize everything). That being said, there are some problems with some missions for solo players, and people have a lot of reasons to go on solo, so advicing "just look for a squad" doesnt fix anythig really. Every content should keep being doable on solo.

- As an operator player, I beg you to not take into account the claims for people asking to almost remove operator to "bring difficulty". It's not everyone problem if they use the operator just as an energy dispenser or melee combo duration tool (the coldest take on void demons). 

- The emotes can't be really seen in our prespective, I just have to restort to captura to have a good view of everything. 

- Operator dax armor is way too different between sex. They should have similar options (so, 2 armors for each sex), but retaining some details for each sex. I'm sure this won't happen tho.

- Excavators even with almost 7k of health still takes a few hits to die. Not even a wisp + vazarin was able to compete with the damage of the mobs (infested), luckily the batteries give shields and the enemy spawn is increased, so batteries were enough to keep them alive.

__

Personally, I liked this in general and I'm glad that we literally got that was being advertised weeks ago. Too sad people hype and unrealistic expectations ruined the experience for themselves.

Current Opinion so far; just no.

I dont know if Cosmetics are worth killing a Nox with a weapon that usually has no problems with them in 3 mins with red crits and any other armored unit. Nor do I see the +100s to Mods or Affinity Appealing, I can complete a High Tier Void Mission faster and do it twice for the same Affinity Gain as in trying to do 1 Earth Missions. Sure maybe that +100% for Mods comes in handy... sometimes, but eh, Im p. sure most Veterans already have most of their mod collection sorted. The Shop Rewards are ok, but there isnt too much that tells me I need to grind Steel Path to get it, Relics are nice, For people that have Rivens the Kuva is nice, the new Operator Armor is nice, the Forma is... its a thing.

Gradual scaling would be a bit better imo, starting at 0% bonus to the 3 stats and slowly bumping it up the further you progress would be a better idea imo

Get rid or steel essence!!!! No one asked for arbitration’s 2. What the hell are you guys doing this is total crap I’m sick of the constant rinse and repeat there’s nothing to this but the same old same adding more farm is killing this game. Stop being lazy and invent some mechanics rng is the laziest most worthless way to elongate S#&$ty design or lack thereof.

Could the Health/Shield/Armor modifier instead be made into a damage reduction that the player can toggle? Tie said toggle to the boosters if you like (so you only get normal droprates if you have it switched off. Maybe double the value of Steel Essence drops for those who have it enabled). Not everyone asking for high-level node options wants enemies to be sponges.

As far as i tried this, i'm very happy. Just the spice i needed. Doing all it again feels i will have to vanquish the Rail Spectres one by one in epic duels again, i like it.

Suggestion to DE : Guys, if you really want this hard mode to shine, ennemies must be surprising, not just the same with more damage and health.

Work on their patterns, add slight or big differences : different weapons, behaviour, formations, units, special leaders... Something exclusive to hard mode.

11 hours ago, NotVayHek said:

Tried the Kuva Fortress Disruption mission.

Damage doesn't work, and they just waltz straight through CC.

I don't think this is mathematically possible.

I solo'd it with Hildryn, killed all four Demolishers.

I expected it to be harder. 😕

Enemy toughness seems really inconsistent. Junction spectres die with a sneeze. Steel Path Vay Hek was just a T E D I O U S bullet sponge.

The drop chance boosters are nice. The 1000 creds or a lith relic from finishing a mission with level 150 mobs is pretty meh.

Quick first impressions after solo rushing through some nodes --currently on both Mars and Mercury, but skipped Defense and Excavation nodes for now.

I like how you have to think a bit more about your loadout, strip defenses again (using Hildryn and Nyx right now and enjoying it) and priming enemies with a status proccer weapon.

That Survival on Venus was great with the enemy spawn rates being so high.

If what I read in another comment about the Steel Essence drop chance in endless missions (IIRC it was 90 minutes of Mot with a little less than 50 drops without boosters) is true, those are in a good spot (hoping both chance and amount are affected by boosters). With these numbers, we are looking at roughly 20k unboosted Kuva in an hour, which is very nice. For comparison, normal Kuva Survival has a tower roughly every 90 seconds for a total of 40*200=8000 unboosted Kuva in 1 hour. I haven't had the chance to test the drop chance in endless myself, so if someone has more numbers that support or disagree with my statement, please give a note.

Archived