Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode Disruption Demolyst

Lazarow

I decided that after Mars Id do Lua, oh boy am I glad Im almost done with it. Anyways I decided I would do all the Hard Mode on Solo to prove myself that I like to make things difficult for myself am powerful enough. Everything was ok but damn the Disruption conduit exploders they sure are a pain to get killed. I somehow managed to get one stuck with Khoras 2nd ability by spamming it and shooting it with high crit guns(Synapse and Cathmoon) it took me some time to get it done like 20 seconds. So here I am wondering how you guys fared against these sponges, did you run solo or in squad and what frames did you use, in the end I might be doing all of disruption wrong and there is an easy way to kill these even solo

I solo-ed the mars,lua,uranus, and neptune disruption. my method was a mag with a magnetize build, and my stropha. building up a 12x combo on my stropha before I put the key in, then find the demolisher, stun them with either counter pulse or magus lockdown, bubble them, and fire a heavy attack stropha shot into the bubble. in most cases this oneshot or severely injured the demolisher, if they didn't straight up die I'd fire as many rubico prime shots into the bubble as I could, recasting it whenever they nullified it and stunning it with lockdown.

6 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

So here I am wondering how you guys fared against these sponges, did you run solo or in squad and what frames did you use

Saryn, Naramon, Skiajati (any melee should do, I just have a neat riven for this one). Buff yourself with Venom Dose and Toxic Lash, wait in Void mode (operator), once the Demolyst has used his bubble dash in (with Magus Lockdown) and kill it in seconds.

Nyx psychic bolt with 125% str for 100% armor removal, and bronco prime with dizzying round to do finisher to the few ones you can do finisher, and magus lockdown and zenurik temporal blast to slow them down usually they die before they can even recover from the lockdown

8 minutes ago, enemystand said:

Nyx psychic bolt with 125% str for 100% armor removal, and bronco prime with dizzying round to do finisher to the few ones you can do finisher, and magus lockdown and zenurik temporal blast to slow them down usually they die before they can even recover from the lockdown

Finally another Nyx main. Yes he's been great in this mode. The only problem I see is his bolts effect fall off the Demo, Liches and bosses asap while Khora strangle and other frame buffs stay the regular time duration. If they fix this with Nyx bolt he will be even that much better.

Also not sure when they changed this but his confusion still allows enemies to attack you if you are the closest target.

Personally, I use Excalibur. Yes, for Steel Path. 

Demolysts are not a problem solo or in a group, but a group generally makes it go faster as more enemies die, more keys for consoles. 

As my specialized build goes: I use Aero Periphery(on a sentinel weapon) for instant CC and status proccing at the same time (when you aim glide and hit something, it goes to sleep when you touch the ground). Thus, I have a CO set up for most melee weapons. If you have more than one Aero mod, you can do this multiple times. With 2 aeros, you can do this twice. 3, four times. Usually I don't need to do this more than once unless my weapon is powerful enough. 

I can also use Exalted Blade, but it's quite a bit more difficult to use and slower. However, the demolyst pulses come at a regular interval of about 5 seconds, and so you can just fill status procs, wait for the pulse, put them to sleep and go nuts for 4 seconds so that you don't have to continuously recast. 

I use everything from Viral to Magnetic to Corrosive, electric, heat, and cold, for Infested, Corpus, Grineer respectively. TTK from damage start is usually about 4 seconds. 

I always find bleed guns effective against most Demolysts. For HP sponges, I use a Kuva Chakkhur with Hunter Munitions and head shot them quite a few times. For shielded enemies, I will probably will use Toxin. But I haven't experienced Disruption outside of Kuva Fortress and Mars yet!

Also, Sarpa might help for the high armor HP sponge Demolysts. I usually pepper them a couple times with a Corrosive/Heat/Shattering Impact Sarpa.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

I solo-ed the mars,lua,uranus, and neptune disruption. my method was a mag with a magnetize build, and my stropha. building up a 12x combo on my stropha before I put the key in, then find the demolisher, stun them with either counter pulse or magus lockdown, bubble them, and fire a heavy attack stropha shot into the bubble. in most cases this oneshot or severely injured the demolisher, if they didn't straight up die I'd fire as many rubico prime shots into the bubble as I could, recasting it whenever they nullified it and stunning it with lockdown.

Man that stropha fix can't come soon enough on console. Imagine my shock after 5 forma for a heavy attack build, only for it to do #*!% all.

1 hour ago, Ayem said:

Banshee w/ Sonic Fracture and melee spam. while sonic boom won't ragdoll the demolysts they still get pushed back a good several meters.

Sonic Boom is like my favorite Disruption ability. 👍

(But a warning for people who haven't tried it: it will push demos off the point but -not- stop the destruct once initiated.  Great for keeping it from getting there in the first place though.)

Vauban ,

kept a couple of bastilles in the path of the demolysts ,

Lockdown to give breathing room and zenurik blast to slow it further.

heavy status primary and CO melee .

Manageable if at times close.

The kuva guardian is a real annyance though , that thing cannot be CCd, when i see it i just give up.

16 hours ago, Lazarow said:

I decided that after Mars Id do Lua, oh boy am I glad Im almost done with it. Anyways I decided I would do all the Hard Mode on Solo to prove myself that I like to make things difficult for myself am powerful enough. Everything was ok but damn the Disruption conduit exploders they sure are a pain to get killed. I somehow managed to get one stuck with Khoras 2nd ability by spamming it and shooting it with high crit guns(Synapse and Cathmoon) it took me some time to get it done like 20 seconds. So here I am wondering how you guys fared against these sponges, did you run solo or in squad and what frames did you use, in the end I might be doing all of disruption wrong and there is an easy way to kill these even solo

I just made a thread on this, basically just use Ash + Fatal Teleport + Energy Pads + Zenurik and it's easy to solo 🙂

Solo with umbra + operator with lockdown and vazarin for heals, I put lockdwn, shot 3 propa bombs with viral + heat and then spam my melee. The only things I did as another frame were the defense missions, I run frost + zenurik.

I used a full Pennant heavy build with 0 elemental mod, just the bleed, it is a kind of content where you can afford self buffing yourself as well, Bleed dots can easily reach more than 1M dps stacked and it stacks fast with heavies that have guaranteed stack. At a point when things gets statuses and have too much scalling I went melee in SP and it is more or less the meta, it feels bad going melee but it really is the path of least resistance. CO builds that have force bleed on the stance are also pretty good, they generally kill crowds faster but in my experience they take 1 or 2 more seconds to kill the the demolysts...

Im seeing a lot of well thought out ideas. I just never used anything outside of Zenurik Energy Dash for operator. 

For some reason I thought the Demos are status immune so I never swung a melee at them. I see I have so much to learn

Solo, Nezha, Kronen, Nukor, Bramma (in order of use).

They last seconds, my gripe is that I have to stand on top of the thing, god forbid they come from another side (don't have sound on). So often I have to use operator to lock it down so it doesn't reach the conduit.

Archived