Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframe has the best designed skill kit?

redkunaz

Hmm, geez, I dunno. I maybe a lil biased, but I'd say Revenant. 

1 is good CC. If enemies are so weak that other Tenno are killing them, the pillars or 4 might be better to use to just slay.

2 bulletproof, and stuns enemies. When charges run out, shield gating and passive give enough time to recast

3 does percent health damage, restores health, and other minor things

About the only thing I struggle with are the Necramechs and SteelPath enemy quantity/density draining 2 charges too fast

Soft Nidus. I do think he needs group QOL changed but his kit is all useful.

ill just put the QOL stuff here even though not a topic for it.

-lose 30 stacks a death

-get the visual upgrade every 3 full stacks.

-gain stacks when something is killed in affinity range.

Harrow. 

He has CC that makes it easy to land headshots while upping his own survival via over shields

Self sustain via damage, damage boosts via attack/fire rate / reload making unusable weapons incredible, and incredible weapons godly thus opening the door to more free use of weirder weapons the rest of the cast finds unwieldy.

his and his parties hp is in a perpetual state of regeneration so long as he keeps shooting or swinging. The augment basically forcing his whole party to become battle medics. 

Thurble + Augment not only gives passive energy gain per kill and 4x the amount on head shot kills but damage reduction that absorbs per attack rapidly increasing the energy charge for free. He can in harder content get to the point where 4 to 6 kills caps out his entire squads energy over and over for nearly 60 seconds.

Compared to Trinity who needs an enemy to live the time Harrow spends channeling is won back abd then some due to needing enemies to die. 

His 4th is basically team wide invulnerability and once it wears off a monstrous team wide flat crit addition making many weapons red crit mixed with his 2 and even the stug becomes god like.

He is almost too well designed with his give and take approach that keeps you awake vs the more braindead frames that either map wipe or fire and forget.

Id mention Limbo/ Nidus but whole i may aay his kit is well made it, as well as many frames, pales in comparison to Harrow.

19 minutes ago, shadyadie said:

Also

from this thread you'll tell who all the solo players are. pog.

True.

Mag, Oberon, and Trinity. Everything in their kit works and works well. Can you replace parts with Helminth abilities? Sure. But they are just showing how flexible they are by being able to cater more to your playstyle, BBY...

7 hours ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

Hmm, geez, I dunno. I maybe a lil biased, but I'd say Revenant. 

1 is good CC. If enemies are so weak that other Tenno are killing them, the pillars or 4 might be better to use to just slay.

2 bulletproof, and stuns enemies. When charges run out, shield gating and passive give enough time to recast

3 does percent health damage, restores health, and other minor things

About the only thing I struggle with are the Necramechs and SteelPath enemy quantity/density draining 2 charges too fast

An ability is not a good CC option if it can literally be killed. Not to mention it’s damage pillars are completely useless.

Revenants passive is worthless. Mesmer skin is more than likely going to be taken out by enemies with guns and while shield gating can protect you once it can’t protect you during the incredibly long cast animation. And even then Mesmer skin is just an overall bad tank ability. 100% DR is redundant so all you really have is a poorly made tank ability that doesn’t let you use some arcanes.

% health damage means absolutely nothing when the setup for it is slow, the healing is also redundant because Mesmer skin prevents damage to health.

Calling Revenant perfect is like calling a sushi donut perfect. It’s a crime against nature and never should’ve existed.

Ivara.

Every ability in her quiver is useful

Navigator can be used to scout the areas ahead and stealth kill a high level target with the damage multiplier

Artemis Bow is a very good exalted weapon

All the abilities above can be used in Prowl.

Also the passive is REALLY good.

Slower playstyle? Sure, but that's how a huntress should be played like.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Xaku couldn’t be further away from being the “perfect Warframe”.

It takes actual skill to create abilities that ultimately feel like they do absolutely nothing.

🤣

on a real note, i am actually going say that Gara has one of the most compete kits.. at least with her Siphon augment. i also personally cannot find any weakpoints to Grendel that his kit doesnt actively counteract (when played properly).

but... i wanna say Harrow more than any other.

For me, Revenant has best design kit.

He is a bit tricky frame, but is really fun to play

Thralls are good

Mesmer stuns attackers so you will have time to enthrall them

Reave gives you mesmer charges

And dasne macabre is just danse macabre, I don't like it very much

And Gears, if you say that thralls are useless because they die to teammates, I say that Revenant is 2 years old, everyone know that he has thralls, in every game I played with random players, my thralls were ignored. Mesmer skin won't run out because you can restore it with reave, The only thing that can be a threat to mesmer skin is profit taker and other bosses that cannot be stunned by it. If a group of enemies attack you, they go to sleep immediatly, yes, you now have only 1 mesmer charge, but you can easily enthrall attackers and reave through them couple times, and all  your charges will come back to you. You don't even need to recast it! And slow setup for one shot with reave? Really? Pressing two buttons is too slow for you?

My choices would be Nidus, Harrow, Baruuk, Nezha and Protea

All 5 are frames where in regular gameplay you'd feel obligated to use all 4 of their powers rather than neglecting or completely ignoring a power. There's synergies and feedback loops with all of them.

Because all powers are usable, there ends up being incredible diversity amongst community mod builds since unlike most frames, players will mod around keeping all powers viable and usable. They also aren't dependent on augment mods for powers to be viable (like how rhino has to run ironclad charge to make charge a worthwhile power), but still have augment mods as a choice (such as harrow's lasting covenant).

There's also no redundancy on their powers; a power doesn't completely invalidate the functionality or value of another which means there's never anti-synergy. Someone like octavia can satisfy all the above criteria but all the multishot and melee damage buffs are redundant because mallet obsoletes using any other kill method; And there's no reason to care about an armor bonus from metronome if it also can give permanent invisibility. Revenant literally can't take damage during mesmer skin which prevents danse macabre from gaining damage from reflected enemy damage.

Nova and Saryn would rank as runner ups to me. The synergy between wormhole and antimatter drop is one that I've never seen used in actual gameplay (which to me makes it impractical/useless the same way that sniper rifles in this game have damage falloff values between 400m-600m). Molt is only ever used as a very shortlived speed buff as drawing enemy fire via decoys is impractical as a cc effect (and pre-pablo, molt was used exclusively as an inefficient hide-in-a-corner spore cast target).

I will base myself on frame I had trouble to choose an ability to replace since Helminth update

Limbo if you play him in a advanced way especially with the 3rd augment "Rift Torrent", not the casual/newbie. Press 2 & Press 4. So I had to decide either remove his 1st or 4th base on situation.
Khora all her ability can be used. Even I did remove her 3rd ability for some helminth ability ( it does not remove Venari, it only remove Venari command ability )
Nidus, Everything synergize. But I would accept to sacrifice his 4th

I am surprised no one mentioned Octavia yet , then again its Octavia we dont speak about it.

Nidus, Harrow , Rhino are the ones that have no useless ability since inception and haven't undergone a rework yet.

Most others i consider "well designed" have either already had a rework or have a skill kit that can use an improvement in some way or form.

My Categories are far more Stricter than yours so:

So first things first.

1) Self Sustainability: before I can even go into what abilities a Warframe has or how good they are I first need to know How I'm going to fuel the damn Thing in the first place.... Also I don't Tolerate Band Aids.... That means, no Spoiler Mode, Pizzas, RNG Orbs or Arcanes... 

You can already see that 90% of the Warframe's are disqualified by this Category alone.

Mods are fine...

2) personal Survivability:

It goes without Saying that the Warframe needs to be able to take a beating.... This game isn't like Doom where Mobility is actually a valid method of Survival....enemies are far too accurate. So naturally damage is inevitable.

3) Mission Effectiveness....

Basically this is how well the Warframe performs in every single mission type against every single Enemy Faction.....

4) Dependencies...

What does the Warframe Need to function ? The fewer dependencies...the better in my Opinion... For example three of the best Healing Warframe's in the game are Oberon, Wisp and Trinity.... But the conditions needed to get healed by all of them are different.... Trinity just needs players to be within Affinity Range.... Oberon needs You to be Glued to his ass... Wisp need you to be Glue to her Motes but you are allowed to break free every 30 Seconds....

With all those Categories considered.. I'm going to have to go with Gauss....

Yes Gauss is super finicky and designed with some bizarre restrictions.... But I believe his Kit is the best.

Is he Self Sustaining ?

Yep... Kinetic Plating provides a RNG free source of Energy...it's not perfect but it's better than what most Warframe's have.... Which is Absolutely Nothing.

Can he Take a Beating ?

Yes.... Kinetic Plating can grant 80% Damage Reduction.... And up to 100% in Red Line.... But it's not perfect.... When an Instance of Damage is Registered....the Battery Gets Drained...meaning... You're not getting 80% Damage Reduction anymore... It fluctuates based on how often you take damage versus how fast you can build up your Battery.... Only when Red Line's Effeciency Condition has been met does the Damage Reduction become consistent....oh and it only works against 6 Damage Types.

Is he Effective in Missions ?

Well.... Evaluating Gauss against every single mission type would make this Post longer than it already it is so let's break down all of Warframe's missions into 3 Categories:

1) Babysitting

2) Killing S#&$

3) and Not Killing S#&$.

So.... Can Gauss Baby Sit ? Sure.... 

I wouldn't say he's good at it but the Cold version of Thermal Sunder can buy him time keep Defense Objectives alive.

Can Gauss Kill S#&$ ?

Well he cant kill S#&$ Directly but the buffs he can apply to Weapons are almost Universally Positive. What holds him back is his coverage is limited to the coverage of Weapons.... Warframes generally have more Coverage than all weapons.

Can he not Kill S#&$ ?

Basically this means how well does Gauss do in missions where Killing is not Required.... 

Well... Just about aswell as any other Warframe...except he can run Faster while doing it.

As far as Factions go Gauss is best against Grinneer, worse against The Infested.... And pretty okay Against Sentients.... In situations where Enemies are immune to Abilities he still has the Advantage of Buffing himself.

So what about his Dependencies ?

Obviously Gauss relies on his weapons to kill enemies.... And Kinetic Plating does nothing if there are no Enemies around... But the biggest dependency of them all is probably the Battery....in exchange for not Needing Power Strength to get his Abilities going... Gauss relies on his Battery instead... Which is extremely Finicky to manage.

So yeah.... I think Speedy Boy is Best Boy....

Just for Funsies when I initially Built Gauss I was so impressed by his Kit I decided to Test him against Sorties for one week with just Mods.... No Spoiler Mode, no Arcanes, no Gear Items.... He did well....

Also note I didn't have Fun Factor, Synergies or Build Variety as one of my Categories.... 

While I think Gauss's Kit is good.... I don't find him fun.... He's not my style....

Honorable Mentions to:

Nezha

Harrow

Trinity

Hildryn

Limbo

Garuda

And Nidus

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

An ability is not a good CC option if it can literally be killed. Not to mention it’s damage pillars are completely useless.

This problem is specific to Group Play....

If you are Solo then it's like your thrawls will be getting Deleted instantly.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Calling Revenant perfect is like calling a sushi donut perform. It’s a crime against nature and never should’ve existed.

I've never had Sushi but I think So it's won't get Ruined by Raw Fish.... Try it... It might be good. :)

49 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Artemis Bow is a very good exalted weapon

It's a Good Weapon definitely.... But is it a Good Exalted Weapon ? I don't know.... If I'm going to Spend Energy on a Weapon I expect it to perform better than literally all existing Weapons.

I can't say that Applies to Artemis Bow....

The only Exhalted Weapon I can think of that does are: Regulators and Desert Wind....

38 minutes ago, Els236 said:

Damn, all these mentions of Harrow and Nidus...

It's because they easily satisfy my first Criteria.... Self Sustainability. It's very important for quite a few players hence why they get Mentioned Alot.

40 minutes ago, Els236 said:

Guess I'll be old-school and say that Nova was the first WF that came to mind

If Nova had some way of Generating her own Energy then she could easily be the best. That's literally the only thing Holding her back.

Archived