Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframe has the best designed skill kit?

redkunaz

Probably biased a lot but Rhino.

A lot of people don't like his Charge but its actually a really important piece of his kit.

I enjoy ragdolling and sending enemies flying across the map with it while playing my own "mini-game" of "how high can I get my Iron Skin this time?"

I really, really enjoy supporting my teammates with Roar and drives me a bit insane when someone misses out on it without the ability to recast it.

Stomp when things get hairy or overrun by enemies on Steel Path or just trash mob Nuke.

Honorable mentions are Nidus and Gauss.

1 час назад, Lutesque сказал:

1) Self Sustainability: before I can even go into what abilities a Warframe has or how good they are I first need to know How I'm going to fuel the damn Thing in the first place.... Also I don't Tolerate Band Aids.... That means, no Spoiler Mode, Pizzas, RNG Orbs or Arcanes...

Errm. The only frame that's guaranteed to have positive energy balance without some form of external income is probably Limbo. Also Hildryn because she has no energy to begin with. Maybe Protea. The rest need "Band Aids". Trinity needs a target that can be EVed (so no bosses), Garuda needs a source of HP regen for 3 (so again needs a target for the Blood Altar). Harrow needs kills. The idea of band aids is kinda stupid. You might as well say that all frames sans Hildryn are bad because a stray parasitic eximus shuts down everyone equally except her.

Цитата

What does the Warframe Need to function ? The fewer dependencies...the better in my Opinion... For example three of the best Healing Warframe's in the game are Oberon, Wisp and Trinity.... But the conditions needed to get healed by all of them are different.... Trinity just needs players to be within Affinity Range.... Oberon needs You to be Glued to his ass... Wisp need you to be Glue to her Motes but you are allowed to break free every 30 Seconds....

You don't need to hug Oberon to get his healing. You only need to be present around when he activates his 3 initially. As long as he does not turn it off (and you don't fall out of bounds), you receive the healing anywhere on the map. Same goes for the armour buff from 2+3 combo.

If anything, Oberon is probably the closest thing to your "ideal" frame, because all of his abilities are good, he has decent survivability via high armour + adaptation + heal, and he has a good energy loop via 3+hunter adrenaline that only requires you to take damage. He's arbitration worthy, esp. with the phoenix aug.

Next best things is Hildryn. Because needs no energy, and Pillage is OP. But pillage is her only good ability.

Next is probably Limbo. With rolling guard, time stop and rift surge (so he can drag targets into the rift plane without exiting it himself) he's effectively untouchable. And naturally he can do almost anything (except maybe facetank bosses). But he's limbo, so pray you have an exalted weapon.

Also I can't understand the praise for Harrow. Sure his kit is synergetic with itself, but you need your team to sit on their asses and do nothing for your kit to work at all.

Also. They all suck at Disruption.

I like this topic. There are just a few frames that fit this criteria. Few more with Helminth.

My top 3 are:

1. Nidus. Basically a perfect frame from the start. 
  2. Nova especially with her 3 replaced by Warcry or Pillage.
  3. Wisp with Sol replaced. But even with Sol, her 1-3 and passive are so incredible. 

If you were to put a gun to my head to pick ONE, it would be Nova. Her utility, nuking power, mobility, and tankiness make her an A+ frame. 

Worthy mentions:

1. Ember with Fire Walker replacing her 1.
  2. Nezha (although Reaping Chakram seems to be badly bugged, making half of his kit pretty bad right now). 
  3. Fatal Teleport Ash with Blade Storm replaced by MFD. It's just a super tight kit with all 4 useful abilities that synergize. 
  4. Assimilate Nyx with her 1 replaced by Breach Surge (all 4 abilities incredibly strong). Probably my favorite frame right now.

I think Nezha's kit is pretty complete. He has good mobility, a source of status effect cleanse, damage reduction, he can debuff enemies, produce orbs, teleport, and lock down areas with hard cc. His augments are also generally pretty good, though I don't think augments are included in the question. 

Sneaking in suddenly Titania.

Good passive, all 4 good abilities (except people who dump range for meme strength and then complain that lantern is bad) to the point I don't know where to put helminth stuff in.

Funny thing is, she was always pretty good (well, buffs from 2 were somewhat questionable), if a bit clunky without vacuum in razorwing, but people were refusing to even try to play her without rework.

Harrow, Oberon or Octavia come to my mind. Trinity with the new Well of Life too.

In terms of balance, I'd pick Ash though. Seems like the finest Warframe so far.

What's the common ground of those 4 ? No Hold-Key stuff that just slows down the gameplay for no real reason. Coincidence ? I don't know.

Edit: And Mag though, I forgot her, despite her new Hold-Key 1. :P

Harrow.

If we don't take balance into account, then Limbo and Nova too.

Pre-changes Nyx with the disarm passive still being a thing too...almost, it's only Mind Control that was less useful. (but still useful, being a somewhat reliable aggro draw)

I really hate the forced synergies(Like gauss kit with forced synergies all over the place) and the wheel abilities, only quiver is fine with a wheel, because there is a mac giver aspect by switching arrows that fits.

I think the best designed frame is probably Mag atm, each spell makes sense by itself and is not overly complicated but they also form a coherent set. Mag is also top tier wich is not a surprise, generally well designed frame fit in content.

The worst is imho Grendel, the ability to phase out enemies itself is a no no for me and it has a S#&$ty wheel ability you need to use regularily else he is completly garbage as well. Grendel is not the worst warframe power and flavor wise, but is probably the one with the worst design, the conceptor of this warframe probably smokes crack on a regular basis.

I know she's not the most enjoyed warframe but I'd have to say octavia. I appreciate frames that have abilities that synergise well and hers do exactly that. When I thought of things to change on the helminth system it's not so much I didn't want to add anything, I just didn't want to remove anything. Even her 2 has it's uses. I also like how her mandachord affects how your play. A sign of a well thought out frame.

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

ivara, grendel, hidroyd, hildryn, volt, nidus(meh kit), rhino, khora, gara, revenant,

i can add too nekros and atlas but they need some rework...nekros needs rework on skill 1/2 and atlas skill 2 and 4.

Hydroid has 4 useful skills? Lol. You prove once again you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Harrow, without question. 

All of his abilities have a distinct, non-overlapping, purpose. His abilities are all designed to allow him to play completely naturally, while still accomplishing his support role. And nothing in his kit is easily replaced by having a meta weapon that just does the job better (like many frames do).

Archived