Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm fairly sure we will be able to "make" our own warframe that uses only the skills we subsumed in a near future. [Rumor/Pure guessing]


NotGustavoM

Recommended Posts

Which can be either a whole new frame (Helminth frame?) or something that allows us to strip all skills out of a specific frame and then replace em with (only) the skills we subsumed. And considering how Xaku is "a bit of everything"... she might be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ah then we can have our own true "broken" warframe. i just want them to focus on gameplay side instead of too much "make your own S#&$". we already got weapons , now its warframes, archwing are next. it good as options, but not really a "fun" factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making your own modular warframe would be it's own system to balance so I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon, maybe years, if ever 

They would likely have to have categories, like, only one DR ability, only one damage buff ability, etc. only two cc abilities, or put them into heavy cc or light cc abilities and only one of each, limitations like that. 

And what about ultimates? There would literally be none available, so I feel like that wouldn't make the system very attractive. 

And they don't want to give away frames ultimate abilities, as it were, so they would need to create and animate a bunch of generic ultimates that we could use for modular frames. 

With the current subsumable and Helminth abilities there is almost enough for a decent variety of barebones build system, but there are no ultimates to choose from, and balancing it would be quite a nightmare for Pablo and his team. 

Still, I will say this: I believe the Helminth system has opened the door to the possibility down the road. I just think a full modular system is probably quite a ways out. It would interest me, but imo the biggest hurdle is having a selection of more ultimate style abilities to choose from, even if they were only for the modulars and not regular Helminth replacement to subsume on frames. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

ah then we can have our own true "broken" warframe. i just want them to focus on gameplay side instead of too much "make your own S#&$". we already got weapons , now its warframes, archwing are next. it good as options, but not really a "fun" factor.

The helminth system is the most fun I've had in Warframe. I'd have a hell of a lot of fun making my own broken frame where I could choose all 4 abilities.

I'd make a Breach Surge, Ensnare, Pillage and Roar or something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NotGustavoM said:

Which can be either a whole new frame (Helminth frame?) or something that allows us to strip all skills out of a specific frame and then replace em with (only) the skills we subsumed. And considering how Xaku is "a bit of everything"... they might be it.

I'd always expected xaku's passive to be "no limit on helminth infusions", so you could put on any amount of powers you wanted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe we will get modular frames at some point. To me the modular idea for archwings seems a bit of a test run for how modular systems and castable abilities work.

Helminth frame could become a thing eventually, I am not sure how excited it would be about it though. None of its abilities would be new, obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I believe we will get modular frames at some point. To me the modular idea for archwings seems a bit of a test run for how modular systems and castable abilities work.

Helminth frame could become a thing eventually, I am not sure how excited it would be about it though. None of its abilities would be new, obviously.

I feel like a proper Helminth/modular frame system, would have a bunch of generic ultimates DE designed just for the system (not for normal subsuming) so you can really feel like you can create a proper frame. Otherwise, I don't think it would be that exciting to people, not just because there would be nothing truly new to play around with except combinations, but also no ultimates. Wouldn't feel like a complete frame and I don't think anything subsumable really feels that much like an ult, except maybe M4D. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LupoDWolf said:

why O.o? he had nothing relathing they to Helminth. 

because they're whole thing was about being a mishmash of warframes just barely stitched together. stands to reason that a warframe with no body of its own would be easier to modify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not expect, and i surely hope, DE will never allow the making of your very own warframe with only the abilities you want. Doing so would literally be all over again Catchmoon, because, why make this 41 other warframes with different abilities and potentials, even character, when you can make your very own that will completely overshadow the other 41? The helminth subsume system is fine as it is in my unpopular opinion. We DO NOT need modular warframes. Might as well, if they make it, remove every single other warframe from the game, and only leave us with the one we build, cause, you know, why the need for the rest when you have one you made yourself that is in every way, superior to the rest? why use something else?

In my humble unpopular opinion, i ask DE to never pull with something like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd kinda like if upon activating the helminth system we could make a "Vessel" type warframe, with no powers of its own but able to accept any combination of powers. Perhaps with restrictions like only being able to have one of a given "type" of power (Self-buff, mobility, utility, enemy debuff, etc) or a Point-buy system (each power has a given "value", and Vessels would have a limit that the sum of the 4 selected powers' values would not be able to exceed).

Design-wise, I could imagine them having a simpler aesthetic than proper Warframes (perhaps with different models for a male, female, or androgynous appearance), with smooth, rounded armour and less ornamentation.

Base stats would be something to figure out, obviously, though I think just giving them a basic, unspecialised statline (so 100 health, shields, armour and energy at level 1 and a base sprint speed of 1.0) would be fine. Perhaps skewing stats one way or another (IE: Trading armour for sprint speed, or health for energy and vice versa. Maybe even trading stats for a higher cap in the aforementioned point-buy system) could be handled as part of crafting, like with the new Deimos pets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

considering what we've seen since Helminth's introduction, a modular "kit-frame" would be either ludicrously bad or overpowered, with little to no middle ground. everyone would just slap on the 4 strongest abilities they can and call it a day. that renders every other frame obsolete, so I doubt it's ever gonna happen. Helminth is as close to modular frames as we'll ever get.. I hope.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

I do not expect, and i surely hope, DE will never allow the making of your very own warframe with only the abilities you want. Doing so would literally be all over again Catchmoon, because, why make this 41 other warframes with different abilities and potentials, even character, when you can make your very own that will completely overshadow the other 41? The helminth subsume system is fine as it is in my unpopular opinion. We DO NOT need modular warframes. Might as well, if they make it, remove every single other warframe from the game, and only leave us with the one we build, cause, you know, why the need for the rest when you have one you made yourself that is in every way, superior to the rest? why use something else?

In my humble unpopular opinion, i ask DE to never pull with something like this.

Because de rarely reworks old frames like chroma, umbra, nyx, valkyr so the players have to take it in their hands to rework them. I mean the entire community memes how de is slow to rework so many frames. If they released constant good frames then I did agree with you but look at how many frames need rework. Identity means nothing if the frame isn't fun to play in my honest opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

considering what we've seen since Helminth's introduction, a modular "kit-frame" would be either ludicrously bad or overpowered, with little to no middle ground. everyone would just slap on the 4 strongest abilities they can and call it a day. that renders every other frame obsolete, so I doubt it's ever gonna happen. Helminth is as close to modular frames as we'll ever get.. I hope.

 

I definitely understand the concern but I'm not so sure about it. Not every ability is useful in evey situation so if DE would make a bunch of good ones, you may end up with a few hard choices. In that case people might even make different versions of a potential modular frame. DE would need to step up their game however with good abilities for both the modular frame and for the already existing frames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt we get a helminth ability frame if we ever get a modular one, most likely it would be more like the way zaws and kitguns work. 

For example first pick legs, they come with 1 power, then pick arms they come with a different power, then torso and head same thing until you have 4 different abilities tied to those parts. Perhaps a fifth part for passive. This way balancing might be easier since they only need to balance around those abilties instead of ALL present and future helminth ones. 

But thats just the way I would imagine it to work, doesnt mean I believe it will ever happen in any form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

I doubt we get a helminth ability frame if we ever get a modular one, most likely it would be more like the way zaws and kitguns work. 

For example first pick legs, they come with 1 power, then pick arms they come with a different power, then torso and head same thing until you have 4 different abilities tied to those parts. Perhaps a fifth part for passive. This way balancing might be easier since they only need to balance around those abilties instead of ALL present and future helminth ones. 

But thats just the way I would imagine it to work, doesnt mean I believe it will ever happen in any form.

This is how i kind of see it too. 

I dont see the problem with them giving us a blank frame for 4 helminth powers though. The zaw style system could be used to choose HP, Energy and Armor. None of the powers are too OP, and i doubt they ever will be. They wouldnt need to give it an ultimate, because ultimates arent really a WF concept anyway. Currently, there isnt a combo that would break the game, but there are some pretty decent combos i could think of that i wouldnt mind playing around with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...