Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your hopes for "warframe revised part 4"?

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

For those of you who didnt know, they talked about doing a "warframe revised part 4" in their latest devstream. (35 minute mark). They talked about a few things theyre looking at like "some abusive strategies" and underpowered abilities. But what are you all HOPING for?

Me personally, in no particular order.

1) i hope rivens get revised. You can throw 100k kuva at a riven and still have a trash roll. Yes this game is all about RNG but no other aspect of the game can feel, at least in my opinion, like a waste of time. I also think its a problem that the "floor" of riven disposition is so low. There are weapons where 99 percent of all rolls, if not all of them, are not optimal for the mod slot at all because the dispo is so bad and no, not every weapon in this category is that strong. I also think the lack of in game explanation for whether or not a riven is "good" leads to a lot of problems. There are people who spend all day every day looking to scam players who dont know what their rivens are worth and then just resell them. Third party sites exist but nothing in game even mentions it. 

DE has previously said that the only thing kind of keeping rivens in check is their RNG and if everyone could get "godrolls" the content they would need to build would be insane. I think we're in a better spot now. We have higher level content outside of just sorties, and we dont have out of wack riven dispo like we used to. (Tiberon prime dispo).

2) primary weapons seem like theyre in a rough spot compared to melee. Melee outshines everything by a lot right now.

3) so many abilities are super duper niche or just plain so bad they never have a practical use period. Looking at you chroma's 1 and 4. 

These are just opinions though.

I hope DE realize that there is zero reason, advantage, or purpose for Valkyr having Ripline as an ability in 2020 when operators exist and the Parazon can be reworked to throw a ripline by holding jump since the Jackal fight made it clear ALL Warframes have Ripline but Valkyr is the only one actually wasting an ability slot for it.

Sentinel Survivability rework.

All companions need a change, but Sentinels need it most urgently as far as I'm concerned.

16 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Parazon can be reworked to throw a ripline by holding jump

That sounds incredibly awkward.

I hope for FIRE, BRIMSTONE AND MUCH, MUCH SALT! SALT IT ALL!! I NEED THE SALT! HNNNNNGGGGGG!

ahem. aside from satisfying my inner demons, I'd love for Melee Dual-Wielding to properly get finished, still no Pistol and Dagger/Machete/Sword, and they said they would do it... a looooong time ago.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

i hope rivens get revised

probably not, because it's a money maker. 

23 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

) primary weapons seem like theyre in a rough spot compared to melee. Melee outshines everything by a lot right now.

yeah, mainly because there's way fewer mods that scale for guns compared to melee. some might argue that's a Band-Aid at best, but I've got nothing I can think of that doesn't inherently make guns end up better than melee: guns being a better choice is the logical outcome in most games, but I'd ratehr we have both Guns and Melee be on the same level, or as close as can be.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

o many abilities are super duper niche or just plain so bad they never have a practical use period. Looking at you chroma's 1 and 4. 

yep, and many of them are in the Helminth system lol. the problem we have now though is that Helminth gives DE an excuse to not bother reworking frames much anymore: because "YoU CaN JuSt SuBsUmE X On It InStEaD!"

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Well, just spitballing. Could be made by pressing jump while aiming as well. 

I would bind it to the "Use" key personally. Also make it a contextual tool that lets you use it to zip to things like dashwires rather than just being a full on grappling hook.

Them looking at gun to gun switching and realizing it should be made near instant like gun to melee.

Our warframes can deflect bullets with a hammer the size of our chests and we for some reason switch guns like we didn't know how to fight.

And I know that holster mods exist but according to my research (yes I've done way too much research on this topic) they are bugged and have a cap on how usefull they can be.

If you are curious about my research check out my video bellow for a full rundown of all the problems with gun to gun weapon switching.

Complete companion overhaul.

Now that we're getting Corpus liches that have companions one can only assume that we'll be able to obtain their pets like we do Kuva weapons. So, the entire pet system is in a dire need of rework before that happens.

Sentinels, beasts, robotics, all of it. From their creation, utility, survivability and functionality, it all needs to be rebuilt. Give us the features that were promised, the command wheel, the genetic trait system, the randomized appearances for all beasts.

I'm putting my money on Railjack to be honest. There is a lot that can be done in the revisions but i will go with this points:

- Railjack being merged with Archwing opens up once again the idea of integrating Railjack with normal missions and open worlds. I think we all want what we saw in the original reveal of Railjack, a seamless transition from an open world, boarding your railjack in there, into space. Heck, you could even board railjack from open world using archwings. The possibilities are there and is up to DE to think what will be the best. Squad Link is also on the table.

- Revision of Primary weapons. The trunma is a step in a good direction i believe. But i would like to see a revision on all of the primary guns. With very few exceptions like the Bramma, primary guns are lacking in fire power compared to secondaries.

- Riven revision: It is no secret that rivens are in a bad shape right now. From their stupidly high prices to the way disposition works, DE really need to invest some time reworking the riven mods. I personally would like them to make them completely untradeable, or at least, a limit of a single trade, and then you are stuck with the riven, next allow us to dissolve rivens into kuva instead of endo, and allow the unveiling of rivens to be for the weapon we have em equiped on, and also allow the extra use of kuva to keep certain rolls to remove the rng factor to a degree.

- Rework of some of the oldest frames. I'm talking about Frost, Chroma, Nyx, and some more.

29 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Parazon can be reworked to throw a ripline by holding jump since

You should made another thread because it will be lost. I like it.

1 minute ago, Tale-Weaver said:

Them looking at gun to gun switching and realizing it should be made near instant like gun to melee.

+1

19 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Sentinel Survivability rework.

All companions need a change, but Sentinels need it most urgently as far as I'm concerned.

When you go into your operator then Sentinels just stands (they should be at least immortal).
Pet on other hands... are just huge mess. I'm not touching pets if I don't have to.

19 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Complete companion overhaul.

Sentinels, beasts, robotics, whatever. Now that we're getting Corpus liches that have companions I can only assume that we'll be able to obtain their pets like we do Kuva weapons. So, the entire pet system is in a dire need of rework.

warframe revised part 4

Its not about companions.

54 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I hope DE realize that there is zero reason, advantage, or purpose for Valkyr having Ripline as an ability in 2020 when operators exist and the Parazon can be reworked to throw a ripline by holding jump since the Jackal fight made it clear ALL Warframes have Ripline but Valkyr is the only one actually wasting an ability slot for it.

They could make it grab enemies and pull them to you, not ragdoll like crazy and yeet out of the map, kinda like Scorpion's hook

"You can throw 100k kuva at a riven and still have a trash roll." 

You can throw 100k into a riven and not get a godroll.

You can get a useable roll for less than 100k, you just want to chase the rarest roll. You probably passed up a decent roll just because it wasn't good enough in your eyes. And that's your fault.

Don't be dishonest. We all get it, you want a lot of plat and you want CC CD MS with a neg, but you're not going to. You'll live.

19 minutes ago, Ascythian said:

Its not about companions.

Okay, thanks I guess? Companions are a part of Warframe last I checked.

Op was asking what we would like to see get revisited. Going on to say they wish rivens and primaries would be worked on.  Neither of which are "warframes", I gave my two cents saying that I'd like to see companions reworked.

Something tells me something like Rivens Revised would be a short sighted endeavor that creates a very unhealthy system for weapon balance. But that's just me.

I would like another Warframe Revised update to feature another pass on status effects, starchart mission rewards, and a complete rework to the fissure system.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

"You can throw 100k kuva at a riven and still have a trash roll." 

You can throw 100k into a riven and not get a godroll.

You can get a useable roll for less than 100k, you just want to chase the rarest roll. You probably passed up a decent roll just because it wasn't good enough in your eyes. And that's your fault.

Don't be dishonest. We all get it, you want a lot of plat and you want CC CD MS with a neg, but you're not going to. You'll live.

Can't blame players for chasing an optimized weapon build. I like Riven Mods, but I'm not going to pretend it's a great time when you or someone else is in the extreme minority to have an optimized weapon compared to everyone else due to deep pockets or extreme luck. I would like Riven Mods to be much less RNG based, but an absolutely heavy grind. It shouldn't take less than ~50 hours to fully optimize a weapon Riven Mod, but it shouldn't be up to randomization.

Archived