Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consigning pets to the Lotus, feels strange

Endorphinz

This is such a dumb thing, but it's been bothering me since the early days when kubrow were available. I can only imagine the Lotus hanging out in her void spaceship or whatever with a million unwanted dogs running around. Plus, idk if this is still spoilers territory but most of us know the Lotus isn't exactly available during some story events.

Ideally I just think they should change it so that you donate them to Cetus citizens. Makes a lot more sense, seeing as how they're native to Earth, and the dangerous environment they work in would call for powerful animal companions.

Same thing for Kavats I guess, idk where they're native to.

Basically, donate them to anyone except the Lotus.

And while we're on the topic, I think one should be rewarded for donating a pet just like when you donate modular items in the settlements.

7 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

This is such a dumb thing, but it's been bothering me since the early days when kubrow were available. I can only imagine the Lotus hanging out in her void spaceship or whatever with a million unwanted dogs running around. Plus, idk if this is still spoilers territory but most of us know the Lotus isn't exactly available during some story events.

Ideally I just think they should change it so that you donate them to Cetus citizens. Makes a lot more sense, seeing as how they're native to Earth, and the dangerous environment they work in would call for powerful animal companions.

Same thing for Kavats I guess, idk where they're native to.

Basically, donate them to anyone except the Lotus.

And while we're on the topic, I think one should be rewarded for donating a pet just like when you donate modular items in the settlements.

Hey, you aren't giving them a useful and loyal pet, they are taking an unwanted burden off your shoulders. You should pay 10x for that privilege! /s

28 minutes ago, trst said:

Pretty sure it has just been Ordis ejecting them out of the airlock this entire time. Kinda like your parents telling you your dead goldfish is going on a vacation when really they just flushed it.

Ya. I think Ordis mind is less messed up then our own. He’s just trying to stop us from feeling bad. Consigning is a nice way to say putting down.

When they are too random to get something that looks good, and then we have limited inventory space and eventually have to get rid of it if we want to try again or get others, then it shouldn't cost any resources to get rid of them.

When they could die, I went through a few trying to get one that looked good.  I would let them die and be satisfied with that.  I do not feel that they have presented a valuable enough usage, or enough of an attachment to override the fact that they are just a tool.  It is a piece of equipment rather than a pet.

Now that we can't let them die or space them, we are burdened with this lousy cost to get rid of them and since we can't stasis them, they wander our ship constantly even when we don't want them wandering.

They aren't a failed feature, but they aren't interesting to all players and unfortunately do not have reasonable features available for getting them out of the way after using them for mastery fodder.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

The pets consignment should work like predasite/vulpaphyla to the Entrati son. Consigning gives standings to Cetus for master Teasonai.

Wait wut? Seen many wild Kubrows in PoE have we? Why on earth would it work like that, also considering it's been in the game long before open worlds were a thing...

57 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Wait wut? Seen many wild Kubrows in PoE have we? Why on earth would it work like that, also considering it's been in the game long before open worlds were a thing...

Not on the plains, but elsewhere on Earth? Yeah, all over the place.
And apparently there's wild Kavat on the plains, weirdly we only see the ones infected with vasca virus...

inb4 Lotus' only food source is mulched Companion smoothies. 

funny as it is to think of something cruel, I prefer animals to most people honestly, so I'd like to think there's a rescue center that houses the pets and then gives them to civilian colonists so that they can have a happy peaceful life away from the endless killing and warfare they are subjected to in our service.

but knowing warframe, Puppy smoothies are much more likely. this game can get kinda dark when it wants to. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

inb4 Lotus' only food source is mulched Companion smoothies. 

funny as it is to think of something cruel, I prefer animals to most people honestly, so I'd like to think there's a rescue center that houses the pets and then gives them to civilian colonists so that they can have a happy peaceful life away from the endless killing and warfare they are subjected to in our service.

but knowing warframe, Puppy smoothies are much more likely. this game can get kinda dark when it wants to. 

Given that we keep those Cetus animals in tiny tiny cages on our ships I somehow doubt anyone on board our ship is spending any time finding a good home for the other animals. So yeah, the blender is probably the likely solution to overpopulation wrapped in a bow to make us not think about it too much.

I also think that conservation is a fraud that Tenno have been made to believe. I will always be waiting for the quest where we find out they all got sold as "luxury" fur coats or to fighting pits. 😭

16 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

They just get yeeted out the airlock, in space nobody can hear you scream. We could always just grind them up into kibbles n bits to feed our current pets?

Helminth already almost eats my kavat when I interact with its mouth... seemed like someone at DE might have thought that we should be able to feed pets to Helminth.

Archived