Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about those duviri Horses, No DE! Please reconsider with speeder bikes as an alternative.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

21 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

That's indeed what I think too, but we won't know until they reveal it

Honestly I'd hope (and expect) it to just be a short quest forcing us to stay as an Operator for its duration. Literally only having access to our Operator for an entire Open-World would be weirdly limiting and kind of annoying considering their current state. Of course I'm not sure how the "adult Operators" will perform, but I'm hedging my bets on them just being bigger Operators with bigger Health Bars.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Honestly I'd hope (and expect) it to just be a short quest forcing us to stay as an Operator for its duration. Literally only having access to our Operator for an entire Open-World would be weirdly limiting and kind of annoying considering their current state. Of course I'm not sure how the "adult Operators" will perform, but I'm hedging my bets on them just being bigger Operators with bigger Health Bars.

Well maybe our abilities will evolve, like void mode, blast, & dash, so we don't know

On 2020-11-28 at 2:22 PM, Ailia_Grimm said:

Well maybe our abilities will evolve, like void mode, blast, & dash, so we don't know

That's true, we did hear about Operator Melee being a thing god knows how long ago, so if nothing else that could be an option. DC had a poll ages ago as well for more Focus Nodes, so I'd hope those would at least be included.

I'm just expecting the absolute minimum personally, I'm sure there'll be more like with the rest of the Operator quests, but I'm just waiting to be disproven rather than hyping myself up over small things.

On 2020-11-26 at 4:24 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

(Duviri Paradox trailer) please DE if there is a plan to implement horses please don’t do horses. 
but rather can we have speeder bikes instead? 

IMO so much easier to implement. Let the Dax ride their horses and we can use the parts from the horses to build speeder bikes. 

The speeder bike is what the K-Drive should have been. Destiny has the sparrow and I enjoyed using that over the k drive. 

EDIT: But, since we have the K-Drive and the horse has been shown off, I'd rather we get the horse over a speeder bike. More of give us what was shown.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Wrong.  It predates Star Wars by, well, decades...Star Wars used them just like hundreds of other movies.  It is hardly a “Star Wars” reference...If you want to go there, then Star Wars is ripping off the alt-horse AVATAR reference.

And the concept of jetbikes has been used in sci-fi media that far back as well. My point was, that it would be out of place to call speeder bikes a "reused Star Wars reference" and "space horses" not so. Do take notice of what I'm responding to.

29 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

And the concept of jetbikes has been used in sci-fi media that far back as well. My point was, that it would be out of place to call speeder bikes a "reused Star Wars reference" and "space horses" not so. Do take notice of what I'm responding to.

I’m paying attention and taking notice.

Land “speeders” and their variations were very much popularized on another level and made synonymous with and by Star Wars.

Horses have been around forever and were popularized decades before, regardless of genre spin.

Throw “speeders” into Duviri and it will NOT be able to divorce itself from Star Wars.

Throw horses in and no one is going to claim they ripped off Star Wars...or Avatar for that matter for using some version of a “space” horse.  It so completely predates these iterations that your argument doesn’t hold up.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

Throw “speeders” into Duviri and it will NOT be able to divorce itself from Star Wars.

That is VERY much a subjective argument, and in the end a fallacy. Plenty of franchises are using jet/speeder bikes without evoking references to Star Wars. Heinlein used jet bikes in his stories as early as the 50's. and since then plenty of francises have used the concept without "ripping off" George Lucas. The very notion of an equipment-centered Star Wars reference is by definition laughable. The sci-fi genre is by large parts reiterative in its use of technology as essential parts of its world building, and you will see variants of the same technological marvels again and again and again, building up the worlds conjured up by the authors. Unironically calling an equipment type used since the dawn of science fiction literature a reference to a franchise from less than half a human age ago is asanine. The poster I first quoted might have been joking. But you apparently are taking the notion seriously. My reference was obviously facetious, as I included a picture from a movie less than a year old and a scene, that is painfully contrived and utterly cringeworthy.

A lot of "iconic" Star Wars tech was well established before Lucas made his first draft, some even as far back as the late 1800's. Energy weapons. Space ships. Flying cars. Energy shields. Holograms. Even the iconic light saber was used well before A New Hope, in japanese anime/manga, and even further back by Asimov. So when you throw speeders into the conversation, I don't just think "Star Wars", but a whole host of sci-fi media, from games and movies to books, comics, anime/manga and models/miniatures.

3232d044552371331d0811fcd596fe36.jpg

You want to know what I'm thinking about, when you say "space horses"? Warkammer 40k, all the way back to the late 80's. I'm that old.

RT-IG-2.jpg

And the Duviri horses in particular:

99120116026_AMSerberysSulphurhoundsLead.

On 2020-11-28 at 8:12 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

call me a buzzkill if you want but at this point, I'd rather see existing vehicles get improved rather than new ones added. K-Drives still serve next to no purpose, Archwing is still strictly a fast travel for Railjack and Open Worlds. with 4 out 0f 5 archwings having an almost completely useless kit), and the Mechs, while good, have only just been added, and could use more enhancements and variations.

I guarantee that if they add speeder bikes, it'll be a K-Drive Reskin. if they add horses, then sure, but they'll still just be a gimmick, and nothing more. DE need to build on what we have already, but of course, we all know they're gonna add more stuff which will then take months to get looked at again.

I agree. I would prefer to get the current gear revamped and fixed for a better experience overall before we start adding more vehicles for travel. While I understand that new stuff is good for maintaining the playerbase, as a long time player I'd just prefer the things the developers leave behind in the dust get fixed before they move on.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Ugh.. if they go ahead and do an entire open world only with operators, then I'll join the "the game is dying" crew because I would not be able to enjoy that.. at all.. every second in operator mode annoys me.. 

Even as someone who likes Operators conceptually, I agree.

Seriously, how do you get 'stiff, slow-moving character with a single weapon and a couple highly restrictive powers' from what is, in the lore an UNFATHOMABLY POWERFUL VOID-TOUCHED WARRIOR, FUELED BY AN ELDRITCH HORROR OF UNREALITY AND WRAPPED IN THE FLESH OF FORSAKEN CHILD.

Archived