Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, KitMellow said:

So no Tether nerfs? Really?

Your wish has been granted :D

Tether Battle Mod (previously Avionic) has been balanced for new gameplay:
No longer shoot to destroy.
Tethered enemies that die will explode, dealing damage to those around them. 
Tethered enemies take additional damage from Railjack weapons.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Energy Generation

- The Battle Forge can make Warframe Energy now! This means that in addition to existing player strategies, the Forge itself will be regularly outputting large pools of Warframe energy with Player use.  

I don't see that this is interesting for railjack .... there are already many ways to get energy.

Please don't do that.

3 minutes ago, Malkiur said:

There's always going to be people that hate updates such as these and those that love 'em, and the exact same goes for this one. I for one am in the 'looking forward to this one' crowd, as most of it looks really promising to me. Can't satisfy everyone, but a better flow means more enjoyable gameplay, even if it is easier to learn (Which by the way doesn't mean it is an easier challenge).

The problem is it already was too easy

Nerfing Tether and Gian point wont change the fact the AI is brainless and kamikazes you]

Adding more mobile defense doesnt increase challenge, it just wastes more time

3 hours ago, Stickman949 said:

I'd like to bring good news, one of the command intrinsic unlocks that I saw in the video is that you CAN give commands to your crew. You just gotta invest in the command intrinsic.

Yh I saw that, however I more talking about commanding them in missions on foot, it would be sick to have a gear wheel where you select it and then it opens on another menu to be able to command them like in mass effect. Hopefully this could work in missions like syndicates as well.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.

I already Valence Fusioned my Vidar Reactor for maximum avionics capacity. Can I be compensated/rewarded for this? I already invested so much into my current reactor.

Suggestion:

• Some buff/added use to reactors because avionics and flux energy have been removed from them?

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Obviously changes like this shouldn’t be a one-way street, so we’ve also reviewed the other Battle Mods. Some of the more notable changes you can look forward to:
Blackout Pulse: Additional pulses occur based on how many enemies were hit by the first pulse
Fiery Phoenix: Railjack weapons gain additional Heat damage when this ability is active

Sounds great!

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have also buffed Railjack guns significantly across the board

Thank you thank you thank you! Have a cookie!

80s cookie GIF

Another issue I want to bring up is that keeping the turret system the same, even with the nerf to the pilot, will continue to saddle us with an endless series of public games where the host often chooses terrible guns for the side turrets, because they will always reserve the best turret for the front, unless they've gotten enough resources to mount decent side guns. I think this is going to be a big issue later on.

Just now, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

The problem is it already was too easy

Nerfing Tether and Gian point wont change the fact the AI is brainless and kamikazes you]

Adding more mobile defense doesnt increase challenge, it just wastes more time

It is a start. Remember that everything has to be tested and approved before actually moving forward with another improvement/balance. Otherwise there's no base to what a developer releases. WF is after all a hack and slash, don't expect the AI to be super smart. While there is space combat, this isn't Elite Dangerous or EVE. I don't like some of the changes either, and I am scared of the new energy system as an example, but I am willing to stick around, see how it works, and give feedback where it's needed. The fact that DE decided not to put this on the test branch is a little worrying, but that doesn't mean there's not going to be hotfixes.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

I already Valence Fusioned my Vidar Reactor for maximum avionics capacity. Can I be compensated/rewarded for this? I already invested so much into my current reactor.

The Orokin Reactor Rebecca mentioned is not a Railjack's Reactor, it's the 'gold potato' type of Reactor that is commonly used for doubling the available mod points.  The Railjack's Reactor (Vidar etc.) will be repurposed to provide Range/Duration/Strength to Railjack Abilities (formerly Battle Avionics).  Which manufacturer will give what stats is not yet known but you'll still have a maxed out Vidar Reactor giving the top stats a Vidar Reactor can give.  Just be prepared to face the possibility that you might not want a Vidar brand Reactor anymore...

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

This update seemed exciting at first, but the more that is revealed, the more unsettling it becomes. I guess time will tell.

We have been alerting the DE for a while ... but apparently we were ignored as usual.

8 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The Orokin Reactor Rebecca mentioned is not a Railjack's Reactor, it's the 'gold potato' type of Reactor that is commonly used for doubling the available mod points.  The Railjack's Reactor (Vidar etc.) will be repurposed to provide Range/Duration/Strength to Railjack Abilities (formerly Battle Avionics).  Which manufacturer will give what stats is not yet known but you'll still have a maxed out Vidar Reactor giving the top stats a Vidar Reactor can give.  Just be prepared to face the possibility that you might not want a Vidar brand Reactor anymore...

with now means we have to use a payed mechanic to get our mod capacity back 

he is asking for a free potato for all the bs he had to do to max out the capacity in the first place.... i think u missed hat part 

i also would like a free one even if i have 20 of them that i cant even use atm, because i also did all the work before they decided to dumb it down

also making us have to upgrade a reactor to get our original powers back? u wut now m8? no thank u

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

The Orokin Reactor Rebecca mentioned is not a Railjack's Reactor, it's the 'gold potato' type of Reactor that is commonly used for doubling the available mod points. 

:crylaugh: Yeah I got that part. It's just that I already have the equivalent of that with my Reactor-component, and spent resources to get it that way. So essentially I will lose that progress and need to spend a Reactor-consumable in my new Plexus. It makes me annoyed (I'll survive).

Railjack's Reactor (Vidar etc.) will be repurposed to provide Range/Duration/Strength to Railjack Abilities

I did forget about that detail. I haven't reread the original post more than twice.

Just be prepared to face the possibility that you might not want a Vidar brand Reactor anymore...

Ehh, I'm not into "meta" anyway. Maybe the new changes won't be ideal to my play style, but I've already maxed it. I'm keeping it for the foreseeable future. :satisfied:

5 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

"6 wreckage build (i.e. something you've built in any slot)"
Well, guess we need a Q&A for the Q&A... *facepalm*

Yeah, we do, but again refer to the Twitch stream wherein it was unequivocally stated that ordnance doesn't count. My reading of that is it's 6 pieces of actual rebuilt wreckage (NOPE! Apparently building anything other than default is all that matters, Sigma counts: https://www.twitch.tv/warframe/clip/VastHealthyCobraSoBayed-Bf1cA8uAWFt23aic) and the reference to 6 slots being built in just reinforces the common joke that DE doesn't actually play its own game. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

Bruh the game has been out for almost 10 years and DE has done NOTHING to improve AI or challenge

Eight years.

Railjack has been out for 4 years now?

A year and a half. What kinda time dilated pocket of space do you live in.

Powercreep gets worse every update. Thats why they nerf everything so hard, but then they break it worse adding things like rivens, kuva weapons, and helminth system.

Most Kuva Weapons didn't push the envelop, the only exceptions being Bramma and Nukor.
Rivens are always a bad choice or flex slot at best for already good Weapons, so they certainly aint powercreeping nowadays that all new Weapons start at 0.5 Rivens.
The Helminth System barely affects the already good Warframes, as they tend to have all good or needed Powers.

But yes, powerkreep does get worse every Update. If only we could let the Devs balance their own game instead of crying about every Nerf.

DE and a lot of players, including yourself, would highly benefit by playing other games and seeing how actual challenge and adaptive AI is presented

Yes, but AI won't matter in Warframe until our power level gets significantly reduced.

Dark Souls series is a good start. And Destiny is good to see how cooldowns and PVP should be done, as well as clans/factions and raids

Dark Souls, is not a good start. Warframe and Darksouls have almost nothing in common. Almost same with Destiny.
Seems like you are the one who should play more games, if the games you bring up are those and not Team Fortress 2's MvM, Left 4 Dead, Big Rock Galactic and other Squad Based Hoard Shooters with Procedural Generation.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

actual challenge and adaptive AI is presented

We aren't fighting a strategy game. Different types of challenge for a different types of games.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

Dark Souls series is a good start. And Destiny is good to see how cooldowns and PVP should be done, as well as clans/factions and raids

Warframe is special because of the movement and parkour system. If you want those things from other games, then play those other games.

Rhino VS Destiny's Titan. While the Titan is hunkered down in their deployable cover...:

• Rhino uses Iron Skin,
  • runs circles around the Titan,
  • uses Stomp to prevent Titan from fighting back,
  • kills Titan with nunchaku,
  • and then nukes the corpse with Lenz.

TL;DR: Play a different game if you're going to be so negative.

On 2021-03-08 at 10:03 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already. There’s also more Mod Points available without Forma due to the Aura Slot - which gives Modding Capacity like on Warframes! While it is possible to add additional Forma later, the amount of items you will be able to slot from the get-go are quite generous. You can also add an Orokin Reactor to double your Modification points, much like a Warframe.

You're not answering the hard questions being asked by your audience: assuming a Tenno currently has a maxed Vidar III reactor and a maxed RJ grid filled with maxed avionics, but doesn't have any forma or potatos or spare platinum sitting around, what's their RJ going to look like after this rework? Just as powerful as currently, or not so much because they can't get as many "avionics" on their unformaed, unpotatoed plexus?

8 minutes ago, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

Why cant DE clarify in their FAQ on this though?

They dont play the game yes

But they dont read the questions either?

Ask DE, I'm as confused as anyone by why they're consistently making unforced errors like this.

Again, because that question is still unanswered from DE: What will happen to my avionics? Are they directly transferred into the corresponding mods with the corresponding rank or are they stolen from me without any compensation?

And: Why is Tether nerfed? Are you developers not able to build reliable weapons before you release them into public? Am I now forced to find other weapons that are going to be nerfed in foreseeable future just because a few crying Warframe player wannabes are complaining about them?

I'm starting to get really annoyed.

Sigh*

that‘s what we get for all those guys whining that railjack and Spoiler mode isn‘t what warframe should be about...

the new railjack-warframe energy change doesn‘t really fix the Problems the playerbase has with it...

there were enough great points already made why those two Energy pools should be separated... but it seems like the devs are already set on that topic...

so why not make necramech and archwing Energy shared too ? And why not even make companion and sentinel abilities cost Energy now that is shared with the warframe too... or do you guys want us to heal the above  mentioned things with warframe abilities and Pizzas next ? \s

why can‘t the ship reactor provide ship energy, that is generated per second and engineers can create a fixed bonus amount  of energy Or boost the per second  rate of the reactor? Those increases of battle/tactical mod strength, duration or reach could be plexus mods..

I‘m kinda frustrated about that whole  energy topic but the rest of the Update sounds great !

would be kinda neat to get Universal forma for the other 8/3/3 plexus mod slots too.. so we don’t get locked in our plexus Build diversity....

thanks for reading.

stay safe and healthy 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

While the new Plexus can indeed be upgraded with additional Forma (much like any other equipment you may use), it does come with 3 Base Polarities already.

I see. So people like me who maxed out all of the fifteen grid slots are basically fools for doing so. Because none of the time spent doing that is ever going to come back. We get three polarities and a bunch of random things that we most likely don't even need anymore.

Well, that makes me far less interested in investing even more time into any of this.

1 hour ago, Llamatronian said:

Tether isn't the only Battle Avoinic that trivialised everything. Munitions Vortex and Void Hole were both nearly as good. What nerfs are they getting?

Here's a step-by-step guide to nerfing them yourself:

1. Just don't use them;
  2. There is no step 2.

1 minute ago, -Augustus- said:

Here's a step-by-step guide to nerfing them yourself:

1. Just don't use them;
  2. There is no step 2.

You forgot step 3, Apparently he should never play co-op again as people can bring them regardless of what he does himself.

1 minute ago, Tombsite said:

You forgot step 3, Apparently he should never play co-op again as people can bring them regardless of what he does himself.

If the other people's valid gameplay is upsetting him, then he should absolutely find a safe space for himself. That likely won't mean never playing co-op again, but probably would mean leaving a RJ crew that's making his gameplay unfun. Same as if they found his approach unpleasant. Don't like how someone's playing their game? Leave 'em to it if they won't accommodate you. 

Archived