Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp- which missions play to her strengths?

Recently I acquired Wisp and she is fun to play with a good suite of Abilities.

So as the title says, I would like some advice on the missions that Wisp mains feel are best suited for her. 

Also, I haven't maxed her out so I don't have access to all her Motes yet and I just unlocked her 4.

Thank you and good hunting!

Defense, obviously.

Though, do yourself and everyone else and favor and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use the Shock Mote during defense. You'll just stunlock enemies left, right and center, slowing down the mission.

Other than that, any mission that requires to stay around a certain area is good.

Wisp, because of her abilities, can be pretty versatile, depending on how you build her. So I take advantage of our 3 default loadouts, for different mission types. For example, for Extermination or Capture? I run high duration, high strength, low range. Cast your motes at the beginning, and rarely need to cast them much after. On more static quests, like Defence and Mobile Defence, you don't have to worry about Duration as much, so can build for strength and range. 

I think she shines especially well on Defection, since her Motes can be applied to Defectors and can help make that mission type go faster/smoother. Personally I don't like the Shock Mote too much, but I imagine on certain missions, like some Steel Path types, with flimsy defence objectives (Excavation?) it could be a great form of CC. She also has a new Augment that lets you place Motes faster, I might use my third configuration for. 

Basically she has potential to do every mission well, if you build her for their unique strengths/weaknesses. Especially in group settings, since you can help carry support weaker players and stronger players know how to take advantage of the buffs. 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Everything but exterminate and capture. While she can be very fast I find the delay to cast abilities makes me slower in those modes than other players.

Worth noting that her augment cuts down on a lot of the faff, making her much less cumbersome in such missions.

Wisp is arguably more well suited to longer missions since she can set up a friendly "base" with her motes to heal and buff players, and Breach Surge is good CC. she's good anywhere, but she's one of the better frames for longer/harder missions as she can survive well and help the team. I'd say most people consider her a support/CC frame, but I do wish her 4 would get a much needed buff so that her ult feels as epic as it looks. 

She is perfect for pretty much every mission.

Her motes make her extremely tanky and hard to kill for endurance missions, super fast for capture/ exterminate missions as well as open world, and adds to her crowd control.

Her breach surge makes any kind of defence mission easy by completely stunning all enemies around her, as well as giving her a massive DPS boost.

her will-o-wisp makes her great for traversing, adds to her survive-ability, and makes her breach surge lock down an even bigger area pretty much wherever you want it to.

Her passive makes her invisible while in the air so all you have to so is bunny hop in spy missions.

Her Sol gate is great too but at the end of the day I think its her worst ability since it just does damage, even if it is a ton of damage.

on top of all that her reservoirs are permanent unless you overwrite them, which makes her one of the the best supports for Railjack, as well as making open world missions very fast since you can place one at the beginning of the mission then teleport back to it at the end.

I really think she is the most well rounded warframe, who can thrive wherever you bring her.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

So as the title says, I would like some advice on the missions that Wisp mains feel are best suited for her. 

People who "Main" Warframe's use them in every type of mission no matter..... 

And you know what's funny.... in 9 out of 10 cases you can find something that Actually helps.... Maybe not not optimal.... But it's rare to find a Warframe that does absolutely nothing in specific content.....

I mean I went Eidolon Hunting with Booben Once..... Using Overdrive because that's literally the only that will actually work..... And you know.... It sucked.... But it wasn't completely useless 😝.

If you like Wisp.... Take her round Ass with you Everywhere you go 😈 !!!!

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Though, do yourself and everyone else and favor and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use the Shock Mote during defense. You'll just stunlock enemies left, right and center, slowing down the mission.

My build got no problem with this as I got about 35% or so range so the range is like 2 meters so you only shock them in melee.

She can do any and all missions amazingly well with a number of different playstyles.

Constant health Regen along with aggro negation by jumping makes her very very survivable for long missions like survival,

Being able to provide same benefit to allies and objectives makes her a very very good frame to keep during defense, MD, excavation missions as well.

The electric mote with the right range can keep the 4 interception nodes stun locked (watch out for nullifiers)

Fire rate boost dramatically increases the DPS of any weapon (melee most noticeably) and pair with the breach surge for mad damage.

Did you know you get stealth multipliers when in the air cause she is invisible? get one of the gravity mods and just slash though enemies while you walk on air for even more damage.

will-o-wisp is underated in my opinion , it can make spy vaults a breeze as you can bypass most laser doors and you get brief invulnerability to boot but its very situational pair that with breach surge and reservoirs to get around the map and create havoc everywhere.

I have yet to see a single game mode that she is bad at (maybe archwing , but come on , its archwing).

And on top of that she has augments that can make her even more specialized.

I only think her Sol gate is a mediocre ability , replace with dispensary or a debuff ability and you have something that is truly epic.

wisp is good for anything she is probly the best support frame in the game atm.  I have her 4 switched with roar one one build even with the nerf its near a 100% dmg increase to the party total eclipse is an even higher one if your in a light mission I have a build on that as well.  and shooting gallery isn't a bad option either its more dmg and if you have some range in your build it adds even more cc.

Wisp is probably best in slot for Defection with her new augment. She was pretty special beforehand, but now you can have all buffs up at all points instead of having to juggle.

Steel Path survival is pretty good too. I love setting up motes, getting my combo up on my zaw, setting off breach surge and then exodia the entire map for lols.

6 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Wisp is probably best in slot for Defection with her new augment. 

Nope.... It's still Limbo....

Don't get me Wrong.... Wisp can go toe to toe with Oberon at Baby Sitting those idiots but Limbo allows you to Completely Isolate the Defectors from the Enemies (and from the Health Station's so you need to Compensate by using Vazarin).... This in theory Allows Limbo to Scale indefinitely in Defection Missions simply by minimising the the number of things he needs to Interact With....

7 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Wisp is probably best in slot for Defection with her new augment. She was pretty special beforehand, but now you can have all buffs up at all points instead of having to juggle.

I'd rather do some juggling before giving up that mod slot, also with the A, B, and C stations having health and speed on all requires 6 reservoirs.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Nope.... It's still Limbo....

Don't get me Wrong.... Wisp can go toe to toe with Oberon at Baby Sitting those idiots but Limbo allows you to Completely Isolate the Defectors from the Enemies (and from the Health Station's so you need to Compensate by using Vazarin).... This in theory Allows Limbo to Scale indefinitely in Defection Missions simply by minimising the the number of things he needs to Interact With....

A wisp with around 500 power strength will make the defectors tanky and faster than the infested. This speeds up defections considerably and scales way beyond my boredom tolerance when farming for harrow.

6 minutes ago, L3512 said:

I'd rather do some juggling before giving up that mod slot, also with the A, B, and C stations having health and speed on all requires 6 reservoirs.

I like using the shock motes, gives the Kavor the ability to cc the infested if they get spread out too far for me to keep them covered, hence the juggling 😂

On 2021-06-17 at 2:57 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Defense, obviously.

Other than that, any mission that requires to stay around a certain area is good.

My wisp build is focussed around getting as much power strength as possible. Reducing her range to 70%.
I believe at this range, her shock mote has a range of 12 meters, and of course you can double the range of breach surge by using it on her 1 :)

I like this, because the shock mote will now stun enemies as they reach the defence target, and breach surge is still large enough to fill most rooms.

16 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I like using the shock motes, gives the Kavor the ability to cc the infested if they get spread out too far for me to keep them covered, hence the juggling 😂

Fair enough.

My perspective was from random player harrow farms where once all 6 reservoirs are placed they stay there and everyone hopefully just pushes the defectors through as fast as possible. The only interaction at that point is with the consoles to speed them up.

This frame can play everything. One of the most versatile frames of the game.

• Eidolons? Can do. She can even fill a 6x3 role as a DPS. Need to infuse a damage buff ability.
  • Orb Mothers? Can do. Just need to infuse a damage buff ability

Am 16.6.2021 um 20:08 schrieb (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_:

Recently I acquired Wisp and she is fun to play with a good suite of Abilities.

Also, I haven't maxed her out so I don't have access to all her Motes yet and I just unlocked her 4.

Thank you and good hunting!

spy.....?!

Archived