Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

Lowering timers looks pretty awful.

its hard to know how its going to work in-game. The issue is how restrictive the "on kill" will be, weather a status proc kill will count, a kill from the weapon, or any kill from you in any way. I'm hopeful that the timer is cumulative and will work as Razorwing Blitz does, every stack adds the duration to a growing maximum, then the full effect gets a growing decay rate with stacks. If that is the case here, the full decay timer will be 12*4sec and that would be pretty great honestly. 

So there is a worry that "On Kill" sill be messy and prone to missfires, coupling that with some pretty low timers for the effects looks very bad on paper. It remains to be seen.

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Props to the change. I mean if the purpose of these mods is to help balance steel path to be more equal in guns, and melees abilities to do damage then requiring playing the steel path to get the mods didn't make a lick of sense. So good choice here. Arbies and ESO and Disruption are probably the best game modes you guys have made. It's good to see them get varied rewards pools. Are these going to be drops or are they going to be purchasable in the store? Or a mixture of both?

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Primary and Secondary Merciless Arcanes:
- Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs
Why: We’re simply continuing to balance these (even after posting)! In practice, we felt lowering it was a better start given the pace of true Merciless enemy killing!

Just a question:

At what point are you guys testing for balance? Is it during regular missions, Arbitrations, Steel Path? Some mix thereof?

I had the impression that this was built around Steel Path, where 6 seconds feels like it should be healthy enough - you'd probably be able to kill just about all Steel Path enemies within 6 seconds using an appropriate build (e.g. Hunter Munitions on a primary weapon against Grineer), meaning that one shouldn't run into the "can't kill enough to keep the buff" situation. 4 seconds feels like it's pushing it a bit too hard on heavily armoured enemies.

EDIT: Also important to consider teammates kill-stealing. The tighter the timing, the bigger that issue, because you then have less time to adjust targets and get a kill elsewhere.

(Not to mention that, if Slash procs don't count for the kill, that's a whole other can of worms...)

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why not both?

Warframe's kind of built on player choice. Giving players the option to do either Arbitrations or Steel Path to get these Galvanized mods seems like a pretty solid idea. It'd give people who don't otherwise use Steel Essence (like me) an excuse to dump some, and people who want to save Steel Essence a different means to get them.

Plus, if you're making it so that the mods are drops from Arbitrations (instead of in the Arbitration shop), you have an RNG + fallback system. Players can go the RNG route via Arbitrations or do Steel Path and get them guaranteed (but perhaps over a longer time).

It also means you can have a situation where a player might get into Galvanized mods via Arbitrations to boost their favourite gun weapon, which they can then take into Steel Path to get the rest of the Galvanized mods.

But it's ultimately something you don't have to worry about. People might complain about the mods being in Steel Path (if they're meant to boost weapons to be Steel Path viable), and people might complain about the mods being in Arbitrations. But if the mods are in both, neither have as much room to complain, right?

Fewer complaints, more options.

Also please make blood rush 50 i mean u r literally making a mod loss 1/3 it's effect and also berserker duration 10 s stacks is fine  but also why not critical hit  i mean that ("ON KILL")  really sucks

those galvanized mods and that arcane are realllly nice but that melee offf.I really like playing with melee 

1 minute ago, Sl4ught3r777 said:

Also please make blood rush 50 i mean u r literally making a mod loss 1/3 it's effect and also berserker duration 10 s stacks is fine  but also why not critical hit  i mean that ("ON KILL")  really sucks

those galvanized mods and that arcane are realllly nice but that melee offf.I really like playing with melee 

people already tested playing with the nerfs using unmaxed mods and the difference is completely negligible. its only going from 660% to 440%, that shows you how op blood rush really was

47 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"

I hope this mod will not be forgotten like usual and will get its text updated too.
 unknown.png?width=179&height=265

2 minutes ago, Goldenrevolver8 said:

people already tested playing with the nerfs using unmaxed mods and the difference is completely negligible. its only going from 660% to 440%, that shows you how op blood rush really was

660 -440 =220%  less why not  only make it about 110% less so i can see orange crit clearly 

Sounds good, especially polarity cost reduction.

Can you consider removing "on kill" from galvanized mods? I don't think they need this additional obstacle to activate, their melee equivalents don't have it either. It will just make the mods not as effective as they should be, especially when used in environments with few fodder enemies (e.g., bosses, rathuum).

Players: you realize some builds won’t fit the new mods even if all the slots are formad?

de: we lowered the cost of galvanized mods from 14>12. However we noticed there were a few you were too excited about so we actually raised the cost of those ones from 14>16. Lol.

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

well this also include the Spectra mod from Parin Sequence, “Sequence Burn” all it does is add range with +Sequence. Please make this an exilus  slot mod too.

Silly me who thought that they were going to increase SP alert rewards from 3 to 5 because of those mods arriving in the shop
I guess DE really don't know what to do

But, with this move to change from SP to arbitration, supposedly because the mods are made to balance melee and primaries in SP missions
Isn't arcanes, that drop on acolytes in SP missions, also supposed to help with that too ?

This isn't making any sense the more I think about it

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)RyukesApple said:

Terrible alterations

None of these last minute changes are anything we the community responded about.

Firstly.

Arbitrations is more of a pain than steel path and they are too close on the acquisition. Being at the end of the star chart.

If you want people to use guns over melee you should buff the existing mods and leave melee alone from the point uou nerfed the melee mods.

At that point would they be used more.

Secondly.

The helminth system additions...

Do you really think its fair to discriminate against the players that enjoy the system by saying they dont get the experience from the warframes after rank 10. Thats unjustifiably unfair.

Thirdly.

Arcane slot unlockers are added grind that makes primary EVEN more a pain to make good.

TL;DR: these nerfs and "buffs" as you call it are not the direction the community need or wanted and these need a rethink. Warframe is a power fantasy hored shooter.  i feel this is being take away feom this.

I hope this reaches DE so they can see this from a fresh perspective and ill always respect DEs choice but i along the community are afraid of the nerfs to come making warframe closer to a ability fest insted of loadout synergistic.

yeah but if they buff existing ones , all rifle like sniper , auto ,beam , bow need to have different mods 

DE, these mods and arcanes don't address the problems, they just stack the numbers up, no amount of adjusting where they are found or how they work will change that.

It also will only make the gap between already strong weapons and middling to weaker ones wider, it won't help weapons that can't benefit from them statistically.

Your Melee 3.0 changes helped melee weapons actually benefit from regular mods properly by making the baseline stats not uselessly low (Remember the Fang Prime? It's usuable now), the reason why Blood Rush and the like are insane is because they existed in a similar fashion to these Galvanized mods, the multipliers are THROUGH THE ROOF to make up for the on average low base stats of most Guns.

It's just going to be a cycle of non-solutions that will cause you problems down the line, I implore you, rip the band-aid off now rather than concealing the wound and letting it fester.

14 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

Props to the change. I mean if the purpose of these mods is to help balance steel path to be more equal in guns, and melees abilities to do damage then requiring playing the steel path to get the mods didn't make a lick of sense. So good choice here. Arbies and ESO and Disruption are probably the best game modes you guys have made. It's good to see them get varied rewards pools. Are these going to be drops or are they going to be purchasable in the store? Or a mixture of both?

Yes because it was absolutely impossible to run guns in SP until now. Completely impossible.

I like how people that have never run Steel Path are in charge of determining how "difficult" SP is "supposed" to be.

Meanwhile half the available arsenal works in SP just fine.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

So, since this is becoming Exilus feature, and Beam Length has been a balancing point of beam-based Kitguns, maybe it is time you give a second thought on Reload mods being added/returned to Exilus weapon slot, just like you showed them on Devstream prior to release of the Exilus weapon slot? It would be nice to have them there with recent Prime reload mod for shotgun having reasonable use in just one gun - Tigris.

Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs

Generally appreciable changes, but if the player loses all stacks of the buff after 4 seconds, this is going to be quite unpleasant. Could you make them decay one at a time? Also, again, please make sure that all "on kill" effects get activated by status effect kills - including "on headshot kill". This is important!

14 минут назад, 16Bitman сказал:

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades!

Steel Path`s alerts will give 25 essence per day, and any New player CAN do them with party help, and open star chart in the same time.

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Shop or drop?

Archived