Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do y'all think of hounds?

Ive played around with them and they are absolutely terrible. Their damage is terrible and their abilities are even worse. Like they make things harder for you levels of terrible. I haven't gotten all of the precepts yet but i can list the ones ive tested at least. You're better off bringing literally any other pet unless you /really/ want to bring one of the audit mods.

Repo Audit: Good, wide range disarm. What's not to like?
Equilibrium Audit: Good, knockdown in a relatively large area. Its FX is however way too much.
Null Audit: Crap, why would anyone use this? It steals one single eximus aura at a time.

Reflex Denial: Works, but right now its detrimental as it works as a mag bubble and will redirect/block your weapons. It can also direct your bullets back into your face if you go inside it.
Diversified Denial: Buggy as all hell, disables the hounds abilities. The tiny hounds tend to get stuck or fall out of the map randomly.

Focused prospectus: Bad, pushes one enemy back while doing extremely low damage. Often misses as the dog tries to shoot it through obstacles.
Synergized Prospectus: Terribad. Too low damage for most mid-high level enemies and it comes with the downside of having self damage. As in it will hurt you or the hound if either are too close to its target.

I have not yet tested the remaining precepts, but my hopes for them are extremely low at this point.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Lucas Jameson said:

Just wondering what people think of them

Their shields can tank a lot of headshots, certainly a lot more than Zanuka Harvester can. But that constant Disarming AoE they love to use is freaking annoying. Methinks DE really needs to start buffing Zanuka Harvester, such a pity that the "assassin" usually gets killed by total accident

14 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

so far my experience of them is thus

As an enemy:   Nigh invulnerable, infinte range powers and move around more than Yoda fighting Darth Sidious

An a Companion:  dead the moment an enemy glances sideways at it

I use link shields on hildryn. I bet only hildryn, inaros can have robo dogs that last. Why is it the regular health shield mods suck so much for companions and yet the link ones just make the strong warframes have even stronger pets.

They are just too cute, especially the precept where the hound splits into 3 little puppy spectors that attack on their own. Properly modded they are also tankier than other pets. My hound had no problems staying up for the entire SP mission I took him with me.

I crafted one and it's... fine?

It's basically a sentinel with better damage and less hassle. It's one of the better companions when it comes to damage. Except the fact that nobody uses companions for damage. There's no viral quills or kavat buff equivalent for them, so they are in an awkward position balance-wise.

Diversified Denial pretty much sums it up so far:

• When cast, Hound will become disabled and invincible (similar to when a player uses an Archwing) while three small specters take it's place, who will only melee attack and never use abilities. The hounds use the same attack Ai but their smaller form causes them to miss more, rarely getting hits in before being destroyed.
    • If all three specters are destroyed, the Hound will re-appear with half health.
  • While implied to be damage focused, it's more of a distraction ability, though being destroyed causes your actual hound to lose half of its health.

Hmmm...

I was more thinking the hound spawns specters, like a warframe does, or like the sisters do. Fighting next to them, in addition to.

I feel like the mod should read "instead of self" and "Warning: disables all your abilities" lol.

It's another one of those warframe moments where something was sooo close to actually being something, then a few bad decisions just wrecked the whole situation, what a shame.

Generally when add abilities, you should not read "disabled" anywhere unless of course it's NPC related.

Is like with yareli's k-drive disabling your warframe, that's just not good thinking there. Not a good decision. When you use abilities you do so trying to move up and improve, not disable yourself.

They are really cute :3 but that's it.

I don't know but it doesn't matter the mods I put, It gets down way too fast. I went to Hidron to level and had to revive it like 20 times, sometimes dying immediately after being revived. To the point I just told the group I was playing with to forget about it...

At the begining I thought "Maybe I'm modding it wrong" but then I went with another party where everyone had Hounds and in a few seconds most were downed. And While someone was nuking the entire map the others spent time reviving the doggies.

But they wiggle their little tails UwU

On 2021-07-09 at 10:03 PM, Jorak_Falconstar said:

so far my experience of them is thus

As an enemy:   Nigh invulnerable, infinte range powers and move around more than Yoda fighting Darth Sidious

I haven't even played the game for months but somehow i already knew this.

On 2021-07-09 at 11:03 PM, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Perfect meme material. 

Fighting against the boss vs unlocking the boss for fighting as the boss.

lol

to OP, I’ll wait till a pet rework, then maybe try them out. Till then my immortal vulp is the meta. 

This is a personal oppinion and should be taken as such.

but companions in general need love, having to MAX out a mod for a sentinel, having to max out a mod for a kubrow, having to max out a mod for a kavat, having to max out a mod for an infested companion, having to max out a mod for a new tenet hound, having to max out a mod for a vulpafilla and the other infested companion that you get on deimos, each mod for each one of them, putting those sweaty 3 or 5 formas wich we will never get back, reactor. We need more USEFUL tools for them. on top of that we the players, i personally would like to say we openly don't play inaros/hyldrin 24/7 as such our companions except for the vulpafilla are WEAK. what's the last time you sayd yeah, i'll take my KUBROW over my kavat, or yeah, i'll use the helminth instead of carrier/helios? i haven't used my kubrow since i got an smeeta kavat because my kavat has way better stats and 5 forma on top of that, compared to my helminth wich has the same stats but is less usefull. vulpafilla is the only GO TO option since it revives itself after a certain time but does not lose buff or anything he just keeps going on and on, in my experience companions suffer a lot in base of what frame you bring on to a mission either you max them for a basic build of CC/ tank medkit whit legs or just put some random DMG mods for lvl 20-45 enemies. after that they are just XD.

Maybe companions should share more mod with the warframes in general and some of their "mods" be removed and added into their base stats, because they feel like the very old warframe from 2014-2015 from wich, 

yeah i have an excalibur, but if i don't equip javelin, jump, exalted blade or cut mods into my warframe, sacrificing a mod slot, is just another empty carcass.

EDIT, forgot about what i think about the new tenet hound... yeah i like their ability kit but as stated above. is just a mechanical kubrow i would not use it for anything instead as MR fodder. atleast as is now, wich is less usefull than a kavat or a vulpafilla.

Archived