Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2021: The New War

[DE]Helen

10 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Meanwhile, you can progress Railjack by getting a ride on someone else's ship to the Veil Proxima, getting T3 versions of all the items, and slapping those on your ship the moment you can build it.  Crewing for someone else will *also* get all the rare materials you need to unlock the railjack, so the only part that's really hard for the "super casual" player is doing the solo missions to get the pieces of the ship.  Those have to be done solo, and are probably a kind of gear check for people (whether that's intended or not.)

This part would sound just fine and cool if His Almighty Evilness Lag doesn't mess up with a lot of players squading up for a railjack mission. I can't blame anyone not being keen to do rj in a public lobby. Had some laggy/buggy experiences myself - it wasn't very nice.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I was hoping for Rhino prime, such a shame. I hope operators will have some sort of shine but at the same time I'm keeping my expectations and hype low, I did it last year and I'm glade I did coz 2020`s tennocon didn`t get my hyped.

As far as i heard from others, Rhino Prime was out of the Vault along with Nyx Prime relatively recently, early last year or year before. As for Loki, i have only heard stories from older players about the time when he was farmable, mentioning void keys. So, it was the time before relics were a thing.

On 2021-07-12 at 1:07 PM, OniDax said:

I know it sounds very simple-minded, but it's hard for me to care about a Warframe gameplay reveal when DE won't improve outdated aspects of the gameplay like core movement animations, gunplay animations, and melee combat animations. To me, it doesn't matter how much stuff you throw into Warframe when the quality of the gameplay is still lacking compared to the rest of the industry. Improve the quality of the elements that impact the feel of the gameplay (and animations impact the feel of the gameplay, yet haven't been reworked in over 8 years), and then I'll care about your gameplay reveals.

You are not alone feeling this way. This game has needed polish for years! 

On 2021-07-12 at 5:53 PM, [DE]Helen said:

TennoLive 2021 Relay

Join us for a Relay unlike any other and experience a special preview event from the TennoLive 2021 in-game Relay. Stay until the end of TennoLive to get the ceremonial Tannukai Longsword Skin and Tannukai Armor Set. All Tenno are welcome to join!

What does it mean exactly? It's my first TennoLive, so I have no experience with in-game event really. What time do I have to enter the relay? Do I have to stay there for a few hours or what? Or do I just have to be at the relay in the moment when TennoLive ends, no matter when I entered it? I'm a bit confused and the thing that doesn't help is I'm not gonna be home, so I must give specific instructions to my friend who will log in to my account and watch it.

4 minutes ago, Szujhinzu said:

What does it mean exactly? It's my first TennoLive, so I have no experience with in-game event really. What time do I have to enter the relay? Do I have to stay there for a few hours or what? Or do I just have to be at the relay in the moment when TennoLive ends, no matter when I entered it? I'm a bit confused and the thing that doesn't help is I'm not gonna be home, so I must give specific instructions to my friend who will log in to my account and watch it.

You will need to pay close attention to what does and does not require twitch account linking. But of course linking is the safe choice.

About the relay : do you see the Strata relay next to earth? The TennoCon relay will be near earth like that, but a totally separate location (node) with no lines connecting it.

It will appear shortly before the special tennocon event starts (before 5pm EST). To get the non-twitch drop you will need to visit the TennoCon relay between 5pm and 6pm. At the longest, you will need to be in the relay more than 30 minutes.

Last year there was a glitch in the reward system. The result was that EVERYONE who logged in to Warframe that day got the special rewards, even if they never visited the special relay. That's what I think they should intentionally do this year.

44 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Last year there was a glitch in the reward system. The result was that EVERYONE who logged in to Warframe that day got the special rewards, even if they never visited the special relay. That's what I think they should intentionally do this year.

I think the biggest problem was Twitch, don't remember the relay being as bugged as Twitch was regarding the rewards, rewards from relay were delayed for sure tho.

also @Szujhinzulast year during the Deimos reveal, in the relay you could see some of the new mobs/npc as well as the next prime frame being show cased. They will probably do something similar this years, makes it a bit more interactive than watching them just showing the model.

On 2021-07-13 at 8:12 AM, DrivaMain said:

Those things are optional, but the New War requiring Railjack is a BIG DEAL. It's the main storyline. Imagine if you are a Warframe player who only plays when the story continues (which they play once in a blue moon) found out he ignored a part of the game years and the story progression is blocked behind a previous major contebt.

This.

I ignored Mechs (not my cup of tea) and I've been doing fine in Orphix event.

I ignored Eidolons/Orbs and my operator is "just fine".

RJ? I mostly ignored it as it's longer, not my cup of tea type of missions. RJ exclusive stuffs is big deal for people that don't play and/or like RJ, as you said.

6 minutes ago, Szujhinzu said:

@LillyRaccune @smashedwookie Thank you! 5-6pm EST it is, then. I have my accounts linked, so drops from Twitch aren't really a problem, I just wondered what to do about this relay show thing. That armor looks very cool and I certainly wouldn't want to miss it.

Yeah, it was super cool! DE was able to actively alter the special relay and let us walk around live models of the new content. You can see a bit of it in the corner of the screen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epF7IzRHSDA --TennoCon 2020 >> Forward to time index 6:05:55 (6h 5m 55s)

On 2021-07-12 at 1:01 PM, General_Durandal said:

I got no money for non-important things.

Do I have to buy a ticket though?

I'd like that sword skin.

Nope you don't need to pay for the tennocon relay ( unlike the baro one ) 

You are all good tenno ^.^ 

Whoa that was a weird back scrolll i'm extremely late XD

Damn, why does the rest of the world live so far away from New Zealand, I gotta get up +12hrs UTC, again.. thats 4:30AM to watch .. cant you bring Canada closer ?  Come on DE, this has been going on for years, get your devs to remap the sea and move Canada into my backyard .. :) .. ok ill get up to watch again.. better go stock up on the cappuchino sachets .. slightly hyped atm..

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Can you watch tennolive without a ticket?  

I want/need that free Loki but cant afford a ticket.  

yes, you watch on Twitch for Loki and the gunblade. No purchase necessary, just have to link your Twitch account to your Warframe account.

To get the sword skin and the armor, you have to be in game in the relay. Last year, they had a separate relay from the one you had to pay for that Baro shows up at, so you could sit in there during Tennolive for those cosmetics without buying anything. I'd expect it to be the same this year

9 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Can you watch tennolive without a ticket?  

I want/need that free Loki but cant afford a ticket.  

If I remember correctly (and as mentioned above) you just needed to have your account linked to Twitch.  You didn't even have to have a ticket to go to the TennoCon Relay.  The bonus from buying the digital ticket is a handful of in-game items, a little bit of platinum, and access to the special Baro Shopping Mall relay, where he'll hang around for a while offering *everything* he's ever had for sale all in one go.  But the Twitch drops and TennoCon Relay were open to everyone, unless I'm completely failing to remember how it worked.

The TennoCon Relay event was interesting because as [DE]Rebecca was doing her playthrough of the Deimos stuff, they would switch the Relay to an in-game museum display where everyone could move around and get a closer look at some things they wanted to highlight.  They showed off some of the new Deimos Infested, gave everyone a chance to get a close look at Mother and then the god-worms Vome and Fass.  They showed off the Necramechs, and then at the end they also showed off Nezha Prime and and the new Ephemera that would come with his Prime Access pack.  They *also* messed around and did stuff like summoning in a bunch of the special NPCs to the relay (Shadow Stalker and Clem standing around like they were signing autographs) and during the Nezha showcase I think they randomly gave everyone holiday cosmetics, so that players with pumpkin heads or bunny ears were all trying to get a closer look at the incoming Prime frame.

On 2021-07-13 at 2:12 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

You are not alone feeling this way. This game has needed polish for years! 

I'd love it if they'd take the time to go back and improve animations (and even animation rigs) for NPCs.  Part of what makes trying to use anything headshot based so frustrating is that enemies can pivot on a dime, even as they're leaning forward and running, with no lead-in or hint that they're going to change direction.  And that's setting aside some of the pathfinding and animation issues, like how Grineer who get close to a "climbable ledge" will just suddenly snap to it, climb up on it, turn in a random direction and then *jump off again.*  OnO  Or anything with a hookshot attack, where they'll fire *that* off with no warning and a nearly supernatural ability to lead their target, and often even if they've been crowd controlled.  Other than Ancients doing "behind the back" hookshots where they only do the "throw hook" animation *after* they've already launched it, my biggest pet peeve would be Nullifiers and how their shield generator is deliberately off-center.  Which makes it nearly impossible to hit from the back, *and* causes it to swing wildly from side to side if the Nullifier changes facing even slightly.

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I'd love it if they'd take the time to go back and improve animations (and even animation rigs) for NPCs.  Part of what makes trying to use anything headshot based so frustrating is that enemies can pivot on a dime, even as they're leaning forward and running, with no lead-in or hint that they're going to change direction.  And that's setting aside some of the pathfinding and animation issues, like how Grineer who get close to a "climbable ledge" will just suddenly snap to it, climb up on it, turn in a random direction and then *jump off again.*  OnO  Or anything with a hookshot attack, where they'll fire *that* off with no warning and a nearly supernatural ability to lead their target, and often even if they've been crowd controlled.  Other than Ancients doing "behind the back" hookshots where they only do the "throw hook" animation *after* they've already launched it, my biggest pet peeve would be Nullifiers and how their shield generator is deliberately off-center.  Which makes it nearly impossible to hit from the back, *and* causes it to swing wildly from side to side if the Nullifier changes facing even slightly.

Agreed. I’ve also always wanted a new polished exciting way to exfil. That matches the way we infiltrate. Something like this 

the way we currently extract is sad, not exciting and dated. 

On 2021-07-12 at 8:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Tune in to TennoLive for the first-ever gameplay reveal of The New War and reinforce your Arsenal at the same time! Join us for TennoCon this Saturday, July 17 at 12:30 p.m. ET, and get Loki Prime, the Vastilok Gunblade and more just for watching.

ET? Or EST?

Archived