Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question to the community: what was your primary reason for getting MR30+?

SDGDen

getting to MR30 requires you to go out of your way to grind and level a lot of fodder, it's a big task so i was wondering, why did yall commit to that grind?

my personal answer is "to offer shield blessings in the relay", yes, i dislike shield-gating *that* much, seeing people put the game down for 3 hours because they can't shield-gate as efficiently anymore is incredibly funny to me. 

• Like 6

Mostly completionism. I was already 29 by the time the founts were announced to it wasn't much more work to get there and I was gonna do it anyways.
I'm LR 2 now but I'll probably stop caring entirely at 3 just to keep the gold emblem. If I can even bring myself to put much more time into the game.

No longer losing any mod capacity after formaing something was also bit of a motivator tho.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

Completionism. If it is within my grasp, why not do it? It gives you purpose for playing.

Also the limits are nice bonus. So is the capacity after forma part (it is even better with all abilities available at rank 1)

I am LR3 now, but I have not done majority of Tenet/Kuva weapons and do not feel the urge to get them.

As for blessing, I do not even use it for myself. I gave one to someone from ally chat today and one ages ago.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

getting to MR30 requires you to go out of your way to grind and level a lot of fodder, it's a big task so i was wondering, why did yall commit to that grind?

my personal answer is "to offer shield blessings in the relay", yes, i dislike shield-gating *that* much, seeing people put the game down for 3 hours because they can't shield-gate as efficiently anymore is incredibly funny to me. 

Legendary 1, the main push was for the 3 umbral forma, and to forma without losing on mod cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

getting to MR30 requires you to go out of your way to grind and level a lot of fodder

If you have been playing for 9 years like me... no it doesn't require you to go out of your way.

Oh, how well I remember how we anticipated the Tenno Reinforcements, when DE would randomly release two new weapons on an update numbered something like 7.12.1.5, and you'd max that random weapon because what else did you have to do that week.

So... getting to Legendary 1 was a matter of inertia for me.

That said, I appreciate your spite of shieldgating :-) Keep it up!

Edited by Dhrekr
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

My goal was to learn as much about the game as possible; through using all frames, weapons etc.

The mastery rank just happened naturally during the learning+forma process.

2 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Because I wanted to, even before they announced MR30 bless.

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Probably completionism and there is nothing much else to do anyway

All of the above ^

I had most of the gear anyway the MR's just flowed with the new stuff being released by DE, I'm currently L3 and three quarters lol. yes I have no life.

I went "hmm I dont have that much left and I could really use those Umbra Forma". Didnt really aim to get there because I was just mastering stuff since I had nothing else to really do at the moment. Got pleasantly surprised since I had completely missed all the other neat MR30 rewards like loadouts slots, riven slots and whatever other crap they threw my way.

Which reminds me, I need more Umbra Forma with the upcoming Hydroid changes.

Completionism.

I started when MR14 was the max, once I had everything the game had to offer, I just got the newest gear whenever they added more.

Over the years that stuff slowly crept me over to MR30, I also rushed the items the day it became possible since I wanted to have the steam achievement unlock on "day 1" of MR30.

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

To get the blessings of course (no more Mr. Beggar), it also sort of feels like the end game so thats that. Just as important however is the access to ESO with frames. I hate the system so much and Im glad Im now among the VIP that can exp frames just as fast as weapons now. Also as a side note, I wouldnt be MR 30 now, maybe not for a long time or maybe not ever, if it wasnt for AlecaFrame. That thing saved my life. Holding all the requisities in my head and checking wiki and stuff to get all the crumbs would drive me insane or (and thats more likely) I would just give up on MR entirely.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

question to the community: what was your primary reason for getting MR30+?

Im a completionist, i joined Warframe back in 2013, promised my self i would get everything i could in the game since i had loved it, reaching higher MR is part of completing it and inevitable given i would rank up everything.

I didn't go "out of my way". It's called playing the game. I simply like trying the gear they release. 

I've also been paying for years too. I only recently got to mr30 compared to others that have been playing as long. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I'm about to take the MR 30 test lol. 

But I've been playing awhile so it happened naturally. 

Occasionally check and see what weapons you haven't mastered over time. 

Admittedly I’m not MR 30+ (22at the moment) but it’s similar for me that it’s just going to sort of happen.

Spending time using weapons and leveling them to use them even more, playing around, trying different builds and loadouts for different content and playstyle; I’ll hit 30 and be like “Huh, neat”, since there was the barest amount of chasing in the first place

• Like 1

• Higher daily syndicate standing cap
  • higher void traces cap
  • higher daily focus cap

It's very convenient getting these caps as high as possible. The more you can do in a day before reaching the cap limit, the faster you can buy stuff before needing to refill it again.

I appreciated the journey but each MR level was not an obsession. I really only monitored progress at around MR27 or MR28. Prior to that it wasn't prioritized.

In fact I recall at one point being MR16 and I decided to finally take the mastery test and was able to take 8 in a row up to MR24 (over a couple weeks having failed a few times) because I had built up that much mastery before bothering with the test(s).

The incremental benefits were not attractive until the last few where I realized how close I was then started pointedly going for certain MR items to get to MR30.

Main reason(s)...forma penalty removed, bonus riven slots. I never even read what you get at MR30 so the umbra formas were a nice treat (still haven't used them lol). Forgot about blessings. I need to start dishing those out.

• Like 1

Few overlapping reasons. Well except, MR30 was more of a byproduct, as the result of some of my other goals, so technically you could say I didn't really have a reason to get to MR30... Primary goal, was that I like testing out new stuff, especially weapons. I like seeing new animations, whether reloading, new sound design on the firing, and reload, whether there are gimmicks, or an alt fire, or some secret mechanic, I like developing my own builds for it, theory crafting, so on. Like I said, primary weapons, but now and then, I'll even sort of get interested in say... K-drives, or Amps, and try to figure out interesting combinations. Like I know K-Drives aren't that popular, and I understand why... There are some interesting mods for them though too, if you get bored and or semi interested in them. 

When thats your goal, being maxed out on MR is concomitant to that. The extra Riven slots was a small motivator, as well, considering in terms of Plat value, its like a "free" 600 Plat (IIRC, 60 Plat for 3 right? 30 Riven slots given at MR30? I might be off on the numbers, been a while). 

• Like 1