Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack resources insane

Vyra

People are still whining about this?

If you played the game as much as you complained on the forums, you'd have all the credits and resources already. So tired of the "I want it all now, but I don't want to do anything for it." attitudes.

Railjack is supposed to be played with others once it's out (yes, there are options for Solo, but it is MEANT to be played with friends). You also need a Clan Dojo to build the Dry Dock in the first place. So why don't you ask your Clan Mates to help you gather the resources and credits? *gasps at the novel concept of Co-Op in a Co-Op game* They can't GIVE you the resources, but they can help you farm them faster. Even mining, since they can provide cover fire while you mine in peace.

Yes, those of use that have been here long enough have built up our Clans and our personal resources. In my case, I'm a Clan of One and have done it all on my own. While holding a 40+ hrs per week job and spending time with my family (another novel concept, IKR?). So don't talk to me about it not being able to be done. It only comes down to being too lazy to do it.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-24 at 11:42 AM, Vyra said:

im not complaining about the farm etc.. but PERSONAL REALLY?

This basically means when someone does not have so much ( 6million) credits he / she can NEVER actually play railjack or complete those cephalon quests?

So this is basically like Dojo keys? everyone personally needs to complete this?
man i needed 3 years to get 5 million creds...

They are testing the waters for a bigger scale on padding content, you can't complain about content droughts if you have yet to complete a quest which will take you around two days assuming you have all the needed resources.

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

That's pretty much how I'm even sitting at the 3.5 I currently have.

I kind of wish they would touch up the credit earnings a little for other missions, not like make everything index tier, but it always just feels dumb when I complete a mission and come out with more Alloy Plate than credits.

agreed they need to decrease the number of cred rewards and increase the remaining ones by 10-50 times that and generally clear the fodder out of the mission rewards

Just now, spirit_of_76 said:

agreed they need to decrease the number of cred rewards and increase the remaining ones by 10-50 times that and generally clear the fodder out of the mission rewards

Overall I just think the credit sink is overtuned, I'd honestly double the normal farm-able resources on the Railjack requirements if it meant halving the credit cost.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Overall I just think the credit sink is overtuned, I'd honestly double the normal farm-able resources on the Railjack requirements if it meant halving the credit cost.

Yeeeeah, try saying that if D.E. had resource sinks compared to Vauban prime on that ship construction.

Seriously anyone remember how much of a salt fest it was to build this boi?: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vauban/Prime

For those not familiar, 8000 Oxium, 20 Nitain Extract, Before Ghoul Purge was ever a thing.

Now, you would have room to complain if we did not have index or all the many other ways it is insanely easy to prepare credits. Imagine farming particular endless maps, daily raids, sorties, first mission clear reward bonuses, etc.

I rather pay 10 or even 20 million credits for LESS of a resource sink, because that is an easy source to deal with. Sure, they kind of half nerfed the optimal method to high-index super farm, but Catchmoon was a op clunker to begin with and just means i have to get closer to popping my targets.

Sadly as a console player, i have to consider its going to be another 2 to 4 weeks before console gets a slice of that pie, aka the rest of the hotfixes & Rising Tide and likely has to be clucked even further down the line on certification requirements, when PC gets around to phase 2. Least i always have good old Nekros or Khora or Hydroid if i am missing a few resources, so i shouldnt be too fizzled on resources. Especially when im one of those long-timers whose sitting on 57 nitain extract and 4,742,610 Nano spores, just to basically state how easy the stuff piles up if your not some new player rushing content at break-neck speed and skipping out on ALOT of content in the process.

20 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Seriously anyone remember how much of a salt fest it was to build this boi?: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vauban/Prime

For those not familiar, 8000 Oxium, 20 Nitain Extract, Before Ghoul Purge was ever a thing.

Now, you would have room to complain if we did not have index or all the many other ways it is insanely easy to prepare credits. Imagine farming particular endless maps, daily raids, sorties, first mission clear reward bonuses, etc.

I remember that all too well. Took me two weeks to get the resources to build him when he was first released.

Then there's the Hema. 5000 Mutagen Samples JUST FOR THE CLAN RESEARCH. I got sick of running the Derelict tileset with my Nekros REALLY quickly and ultimately said screw it: Neither the Clan Affinity nor the weapon itself were worth the abominable grind at the time and even to this day. 

17 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Yeeeeah, try saying that if D.E. had resource sinks compared to Vauban prime on that ship construction.

I rather pay 10 or even 20 million credits for LESS of a resource sink, because that is an easy source to deal with. Sure, they kind of half nerfed the optimal method to high-index super farm, but Catchmoon was a op clunker to begin with and just means i have to get closer to popping my targets.

Sadly as a console player, i have to consider its going to be another 2 to 4 weeks before console gets a slice of that pie, aka the rest of the hotfixes & Rising Tide and likely has to be clucked even further down the line on certification requirements, when PC gets around to phase 2. Least i always have good old Nekros or Khora or Hydroid if i am missing a few resources, so i shouldnt be too fizzled on resources. Especially when im one of those long-timers whose sitting on 57 nitain extract and 4,742,610 Nano spores, just to basically state how easy the stuff piles up if your not some new player rushing content at break-neck speed and skipping out on ALOT of content in the process.

I'd say good.

People complain about the introduction of new resources, gated grinds and RNG, and conveniently forget that hyperinflation and fast, easy grinds and lack of such resource sinks are to blame. Once supply outweighs demands, inflation begins. Eventually, it will become hyperinflation, and the supply will become worthless. At that point, the only thing that can be done is to replace the broken system.

The means to stop hyperinflation is either to constantly reintroduce new resources anyway, limit acquisition or increase demand. The latter two being generally preferable for game design because it reduces the complexity. Gated grinds and RNG limit acquisition rate.

Whilst I think it's much too late for the starchart resources to be anywhere near saved, I can only hope Railjack implements more resource sinks. From Tennocon, it seems you'll be encouraged to constantly maintain your Railjack via temporary upgrades as a resources, thereby increasing the demand, at least a little. If the sinks are introduced early, they can stem supply to the point where Hema or Vauban Prime grinds are not necessary.

Just now, MirageKnight said:

I remember that all too well. Took me two weeks to get the resources to build him when he was first released.

Then there's the Hema. 5000 Mutagen Samples JUST FOR THE CLAN RESEARCH. I got sick of running the Derelict tileset with my Nekros REALLY quickly and ultimately said screw it: Neither the Clan Affinity nor the weapon itself were worth the abominable grind at the time and even to this day. 

I funded the hema research for 3 dojos(15000 mutagen samples) 😞

The vauban release however, had plenty of nitain for that having first hoarded the resource when it was introduced and we needed it for Wukong research and building. It became apparent it would be best to keep a surplus of it just incase of future releases and voila.

For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

I'm hilariously confused by this. Does this mean that Resource Boosters and Drop Chance doesn't work on these resources as well?

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Then there's the Hema. 5000 Mutagen Samples JUST FOR THE CLAN RESEARCH. I got sick of running the Derelict tileset with my Nekros REALLY quickly and ultimately said screw it: Neither the Clan Affinity nor the weapon itself were worth the abominable grind hat the time and even to this day. 

Honestly this keeps reminding me D.E. needs to rebalance some resources, i have seen plenty of games get too chonky on the resources and they have to be FORCED to condense things that could number up to 6 to even a dozen types of resources in a single game system, down to a simplistic 1 to 2 kinds to lead to less hassle.

In Invasion Material`s case, i feel like they need to buff the rate of Mutagen samples and get rid of regular Fieldron, Detonite Injectors & Mutagen Masses and just require a chunky amount of its `smaller version` for the empty space. Heck, if one of the reasons why Infested has bad rates also include how often you encounter them compared to other enemy factions, then they need to give them much higher drop rates on top of normalizing the Mutagen sample drop rate.

Plus on top of that, D.E. should do the big brain move and change Hema to only cost like 50 or 250 samples instead. Dang thing is literally the Sibear for Clans, ridiculous if its not going to be forking over 9k~15k mastery or be an absurdly overpowered gun. Which i do not count blood reloading to be that overpowered, when we got even more absurd head sploders & splash nukers these days.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd say good.

People complain about the introduction of new resources, gated grinds and RNG, and conveniently forget that hyperinflation and fast, easy grinds and lack of such resource sinks are to blame. Once supply outweighs demands, inflation begins. Eventually, it will become hyperinflation, and the supply will become worthless. At that point, the only thing that can be done is to replace the broken system.

The means to stop hyperinflation is either to constantly reintroduce new resources anyway, limit acquisition or increase demand. The latter two being generally preferable for game design because it reduces the complexity. Gated grinds and RNG limit acquisition rate.

Whilst I think it's much too late for the starchart resources to be anywhere near saved, I can only hope Railjack implements more resource sinks. From Tennocon, it seems you'll be encouraged to constantly maintain your Railjack via temporary upgrades as a resources, thereby increasing the demand, at least a little. If the sinks are introduced early, they can stem supply to the point where Hema or Vauban Prime grinds are not necessary.

It does not exactly help when D.E. puts a lack of attention for things like accurate UI design or functionalities that lead to frustrations that make it even more of a hassle to just get the basic information one needs to handle things. Which likely does not include any guide sections for recommendations like Dark Sectors for bulk resource hunting, Chasing bosses for `rare` resources or the Void being the only Locale for Argon crystals, unless you look it up thru a wikia or something.

I believe Brozime does a rather good rant about one of my latest peeves to these things, UI creating frustrations of information providence:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

GRANTED, if D.E. wants to create a constant resource demand, they need to have systems that are INSANELY BENEFICIAL for sinking said resources and is not a nuisance of constantly wasting resources to up-keep. Kuva Liches, despite all the fk up flaws between shoving a relic system into it and some other annoyances, kind of hits the marker because people are going to always WANT R.Relics, R.Mods and Trade Kuva Liches to get better weapon rolls. While a few might want those riven slivers, kuva alternative or even the weapon exilus slots when they already tapped out their 75k standing stocks from the syndicates. Still needs alot more then that recent hotfix sprinkling kuva on lich shanks, needs some more solid benefits as liches get higher level while also jacking up enemy level. Like maybe make Thrall kills give more points or buff the drop rate of relics per Lich rank, etc.

Anyway, i could suggest ideas like maybe drones that you would feed common resources to get various boons on certain planets you send`m too, but that might be more of an annoying system, if D.E. does not take the time to redesign things like resource extractors to have a real purpose then being a waste of time to deploy one and get a pittence of random loot that you can likely get yourself in less then a hour, compared to its 8 to 16 or so hour `grind. Though if i could sink common resources to permanently improve those extractors to where they can go after particular resources and toss in some common misc. resources to greatly boost how much they would mine up, then that would atleast give me something to cram my millions of nano spores into, if i could just chuck one of those into the void and have it bring back 4-8 argon crystals, when i do not feel like farming them particular things.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pr1A said:

The inventory description says that the decay is because of radioactivity, though.

Flavor text to make it fit in game, because "room temperature" as a item description would be strange. 
that or void magic changing the argon. 
either way, argon does over time disappear. 

On 2019-11-24 at 6:42 PM, Vyra said:

im not complaining about the farm etc.. but PERSONAL REALLY?

This basically means when someone does not have so much ( 6million) credits he / she can NEVER actually play railjack or complete those cephalon quests?

So this is basically like Dojo keys? everyone personally needs to complete this?
man i needed 3 years to get 5 million creds...

Yes big problem for me is in credits is just 2 much...It would bee ok if all this parts are the half the price on credits... 

7 hours ago, Avienas said:

Vauban prime was easy

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Hema

now that's the real problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

For further clarification, *abilities that increase loot drops do not apply to these Resource drop type: Cubic Diodes and Carbides have a 100% chance to roll the table for a 50% chance, can't boost that 100% any further!

I'm hilariously confused by this. Does this mean that Resource Boosters and Drop Chance doesn't work on these resources as well?

Resource boosters work, and I'm guessing drop chance boosters do too, going by the wording. It's things like Desecrate, Pilfering Swarm etc that don't have an effect on these.

16 hours ago, Vyra said:

SO casual players should not enjoy the update?
weird...

Yes and no. Casual players need a lot of time to get there. It's simple as that. For some people it takes a week and for others maybe months. People with more time will have it faster and people with less slower. There is no need to rush things.

I am glad that the Railjack feels like a reward and not something that DE throws at you.

People need to deal with the fact that this is content for players that play for a long time or play a lot in general.