Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

I'm glad that we now have MK3 clantech in research but it does present a new problem: since Zekti MK3 reactors have a maximum capacity of 50 Avionics, Clantech MK3 always gives 50 Avionics and Avionics capacity is far and away the most important stat on Reactors...

Well, we probably need a new option which automatically scraps all Zekti Mk3 reactors that you receive, so you don't even need to waste the time looking at them.

Alternatively as less tongue-in-cheek feedback: Please revisit the Avionics Capacity stat on reactors. I don't think it should be randomized at all since it's so critical to Railjack builds. It's fine if it grows until you reach MK3 and potentially I could see it being fine to have it vary by manufacturer but it's pretty goofy right now having such a critical stat locked behind getting a high roll as a result of a 2% post-mission drop chance. I would suggest a randomized buff to the Dome Charge Cannon as a replacement stat.

EDIT: Another alternative stat you could add and assign RNG to would be a slow regeneration of Flux Energy.

Edited by GrowthProfitGrofit
  • Like 2

DE can we have the “mission starting in x” timer when hosting missions? I would like to host missions with my ship but currently the system just tosses you in without a group. Forcing me to fly my railjack away and do the mission entirely from archwing. 

So the forward artillery becomes quite worthless beyond early Saturn, with its cost per ammo and the fact that it only does about a quarter of a veil proximas crewships health makes it pointless.

Even if you manage to mod it to 100% bonus damage and possibly other systems giving damage bonus it might be able to one shot a ship, but its a lot of set up for something thats set up to be our big gun.

I think it would be functionally better if its damage scaled with how close the shot is to the reactor, a direct hit would lead to 1 hit kill and less damage the further you get from the reactor. With mods then improving that damage to give a safety net with aiming.

That way a shot from behind or the front will basically give a kill but one from the side will take a bit of aiming.

• Like 2

On 2019-12-12 at 12:09 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Empyrean: Railjack General Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your general feedback about using a Railjack. As a reminder, if you have any feedback about the following specific items, use the megathreads below:

Railjack Matchmaking Feedback Megathread

Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

Tenno Reinforcements Feedback Megathread

Intrinsics Feedback Megathread

Economy Feedback Megathread

If you have a bug to report, or you think something may be broken, then please make sure you let us know over on the Empyrean: Bug Report Megathread, so we can see them easily and address any issues.

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

Rail jack has too much R N G tied to it. We don’t know the full scope of this content; but getting the Railjack parts, resources, and completing missions aren’t something all clans can enjoy.

• Like 1

There is 1 notable bug currently in the game and one feature request

Bug 1. Currently, my imperator vandal doesn't regenerate ammo at the usual pace, instead it restores it in -seemingly- 5 bullet increments, then pauses for 0.3 seconds, and then resumes. When the ammo is regenerating, the rate of regeneration seems to be the same as the pre-bug rate.

Feature request 1.

I want to be able to "mark" or "lock" railjack wreckage so I won't accidentally scrap it.

I had a lavar? Cryophon MK3 gun that Had a nice 50% damage boost to it that I was hoping to build, -when I got the resources- but as I was carelessly scrapping my wreckage, I accidentally scrapped it! As you can imagine this is mildly upsetting, and this is compounded by the fact that people often will have to sell wreckage since it drops 3-6 times a mission, and the limiting 30 slots helps "accidents" more often. 

EDIT: I found out that I could contribute one resource so that the "scrap" button goes away, -and thus prevent accidental scrapping- but this "Locks" the equipment and prevents me from scrapping it until I complete it's construction. This technique "kinda" works, but you should implement wreckage "locking".

Edited by anonymous14z
You fixed the ammo regeneration glitch, thank you.

Why is there a wreckage limit? And why wasn't it notified better, I have lost many good bp:s because I didn't know this.

Just WHY.

Also as many have said, all picked up resources and bp:s in railjack missions should come for all, if not, then it really is bad for teamwork.

• Like 1

Who ever thinks Amesha needs a nerf has rocks in their heads. You do not get energy back from your 4 if your 1 is active. It is active systems management with Amesha or you die. Amesha works perfectly well as a serviceable Archwing. It is not "OP" especially when you go beyond Earth. Amesha is pretty much the equivalent of Nova. If Amesha were to be nerfed, then Nova needs a nerf too. Heck why not nerf everything into the ground while we are at it?

Instead lets talk about buffing the other three Archwings.

Itzle: How about doubling or tripling its normal flight speed over other Archwings. That way Iztle remains the Ferrari of the Archwing world.  Give it an Ivara style or Loki style of invisibility but with out the speed reduction. Increase Cosmic Crush to be the equivalent of a RailJack. Have it's ripline tether imobilise the target bogie. Let Melee weapons work on bogies.

Elytron: Should be a flying tank. Buff up its damage, increase the fire rate and velocity of its munitions, if not make it hit scan. Beef up its health and armour. Make Bloomer a fast seeking missile. Have core Vent be useful by being able to support a Railjack in flight with a sizeable radius of effect, maybe repelling boarding sleds. Increase the radius and damage of Thumper. Make the "Plodding" missile of Warhead be a Hypersonic nuke of death.

Odinata: Is a flying pig. Pigs fly now I guess, so anything is possible for this flying piece of rubbish. Increase the energy shell ability bubble to encompass a rail Jack and make it durable enough to sustain more than a few hits from Fighters and or Crew Ships. Make it's disarray more useful by expanding its range and make it work in Railjack. Make its homing missile able to actually track and keep up with enemy fighters. Make it's repel actually work in Railjack with a substantial AOE boost in range.

All of these buffs would improve each of these Archwings viable for support to the Archwings, as Railjack intrinsics and some Avionics are meant to support the Archwings.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 2

We need more Tunguska Ammo 4 shots is not much when doing veil runs where there are 6 Crewships.

Sure we can forge mid-mission but most of the time the carbides dont drop enough from enemy ships for us to make new charges.

That, and that the orbs are frikkin hard to see after the get flung to God knows where.

If that cant be done then how about strengthening our MKIII turrets against Crewships so we can bring the health down fast enough and finish it off with a cannon shot.

Even with a MKIII Vidar Cryophon sporting a max Zetki Hyperstrike at point blank I'm still dealing laughable damage to it.

Its weird, for example Cryophon will chew through fighters easily but Imperator has to spend a good chunk of ammo to do the same.

But, Imperator will eat through Crewships health at a fast rate yet the Cryophon will do minuscule damage to it.

Are Railjack Turrets inherently more weaker against Crewships?

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Wanted to say the Sentient ship is broken, joined 10 squads just now and no sentient ship in sight. Another thing is that the way the Shedu is farmed is mega bad, mainly because of speed runners who just grab the part and exit the ship and the rest get s***** over because we cant enter it and the second one is the enter/leave thing with hosts and matchmaking. This needs some mega attention asap, and the ship spawn timing is also mega not good (between 2h 15min and 3h?) come on, it can be at least every 3h spawn with 1h duration, and it would be nice if the whole Shedu part farm idea was moved to somewhere else, like Lua disruption or something, or Lua spy since its already a bit challenging, and a bit fun. All in all, railjack still needs a bit more work, and its a fun concept, but the Shedu farm and the sentient ship need to be addressed asap, its not fun farming like this.

Cheers!

Edited by M3JA

!SAVE THE APOCS! in hi level content please.

Apocs are like machine guns on the gun ships aka they are pretty cool weapon.
THEY ARE USELESS right now because its the most unpractical weapon that you can use in the mission.
The pre aim reticles from gunnery skill are not working on them, dn why. ZEKTI version mk3 (most common drop) is overheating like crazy. OK so i will use a short precise bursts, right?
You cant be precise with that weapon. If the enemy is not approaching you in the straight line, you cant hit it effectively enough to make the DPS of weapon work. And you need to dance with that railjack so you dont have to take unnecessary damage to hull. I cant see the projectiles clearly on long distances, at least on my low end pc, so i cant compensate for non functioning aim lead UI. Please make those reticles work so we can go Apocing around with this awesome pseudo realistic weapon!

I started a repair on a turret but I don't want to finish it. The only option I have is to keep investing in the repair (zetki, so pretty expensive) which is not what i want. I can't sell it or refund or whatever.
I think adding an option to scrap an item which is partly repaired, would be good.
I added pictures as reference.

52xWnLV.jpg

tpXazIJ.jpg

• Like 1

Can you tell us: what is the intended incentive to build your own railjack? I mean, you earn the same intrinsics and resources playing on someone else's ship and as far as I can tell the owner of the railjack gains no additional benefits whatsoever. In fact they have to pay to refill all the finite resources like munitions and ordinances. Plus you don't even need the resources at all if you aren't building and upgrading your own ship, which again seems somewhat superfluous.

You might consider at the very least giving ranks and polarities to RJs so there's a reason to pull my own ship out of the dry dock (so it can gain affinity).

I realize there's a challenge trying to balance out crew composition - if everyone wanted to fly their own RJ then we'd all be struggling to fill out a full squad of four - but it just feels weird that I'm putting all this time and resources into constructing a ship that, in general, feels entirely superfluous (especially since the grinders' ships will be superior in every way, so there's no reason at all to bring mine out of storage).

Problems with Railjack Equipment

• No smooth progression, punishes you for taking incremental steps
  • Random factors give a deep sense of FOMO when crafting

* I am yet to craft any equipment for my Railjack yet despite completing the Veil and grinding it for a few hours, and I am happy I made hat decision. This is bad.

Railjack Weapon Rework

1. Craft a Base weapon frame (Pulsar, Photor, etcetera) from Dojo research
  2. Get a “module” drop for each weapon for the respective houses (Zekti Pulsar Module)
    1. This has a random +fire rate stat
    2. MkI-MkIII Sigma dojo research reworked into modules
  3. In order to equip a module your weapon must have its frame upgraded to an equivalent rank
    1. Upgrade a weapon frame with Railjack materials to MkI to MkIII “frame”
    2. Upgrading a frame will increase the base stats of the component.
  4. Modules skew the stats of the weapon to fit the house and apply any bonuses

Railjack Components Rework

1. Craft a base component frame from Dojo research
    1. Add a Zekti, Lavan, and Vidar base components
      1. Base components keep the “specialization” of each house
  2. Get a “module” drop for each weapon for the respective houses (Zekti Shield Module)
    1. These modules have multipliers to the base stats of the engine
    2. Module manufacturer does not have to match frame manufacturer
    3. MkI-MkIII Sigma dojo research reworked into modules
  3. In order to equip a module your component must have its frame upgraded to an equivalent rank
    1. Upgrade a weapon frame with Railjack materials to MkI to MkIII frame
  4. Modules skew the stats of the component to fit the house and apply any bonuses

Edited by DrBorris

There is no incentive to building mk1 and mk2 past the zero knowledge/no wiki phase of release. In the time it takes you to save up and build a single salvaged mk1, you would be on your way to mk2 nodes. By the time you can build a salvaged mk2 you will be farming mk3 gear. And at that point you can build cheaper clan mk3 while you wait for 'good' rolls as the clan tech is just good enough to get by. But then you reallllly don't want to invest in one of these random mk3s just yet, that ~perfect roll~ loot could be a pug veil mission away.

Mk1 and 2 are noob traps wasting player time so more repair drones can be sold. Even if you make RJ content to earn that's practical for fresh still at Mars players. They will just taxi with people who have "real gear".

Piloting feedback specifically:

Losing the minimap of the ship is not good. I can't see if anyone is still on the ship or even in my group/instance. I don't know if anyone is on board to deal with boarding parties, and proceed to get wacked on the back of the head. I have to keep exiting and entering the pilot seat to get information about my group and their positions, and also to see if there are enemies still on board.

Can we get something to spend Dirac on? After capping out the grid and the Avionics I have currently, I have way more than I'll ever need to cap out the other Avionics I don't have yet. Like 10s of thousands. Some thoughts my group had:

-way to convert it to Endo (maybe at a bad exchange rate)
-Dirac shop we can spend on stuff (Avionics, decorations, glam stuff, wreckage, etc)
-spend it on wreckage Components/Armaments to increase their augmented stats (personally HATE RNG and the predominance it has in the gaming industry, and really wish there was a way to customize the augments and eventually get it to the "cap" even if it's a long grind, but that's still a grind and still keeps people engaged with and playing the game, which is what you're looking for anyway with using RNG stats)

On the topic of augments, could also use wreckage of the same type/name to increase the rng augment, either up to its value, or a % of it added to the one you have, again with the aim of getting it to the theoretical cap. Still a grind, still keeps people playing. I really hate RNG stats.

Edited by Chornoboh

35 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Problems with Railjack Equipment

• No smooth progression, punishes you for taking incremental steps
  • Random factors give a deep sense of FOMO when crafting

* I am yet to craft any equipment for my Railjack yet despite completing the Veil and grinding it for a few hours, and I am happy I made hat decision. This is bad.

Railjack Weapon Rework

1. Craft a Base weapon frame (Pulsar, Photor, etcetera) from Dojo research
  2. Get a “module” drop for each weapon for the respective houses (Zekti Pulsar Module)
    1. This has a random +fire rate stat
    2. MkI-MkIII Sigma dojo research reworked into modules
  3. In order to equip a module your weapon must have its frame upgraded to an equivalent rank
    1. Upgrade a weapon frame with Railjack materials to MkI to MkIII “frame”
  4. Modules skew the stats of the weapon to fit the house and apply any bonuses

Railjack Components Rework

1. Craft a base component frame from Dojo research
    1. Add a Zekti, Lavan, and Vidar base components
      1. Base components keep the “specialization” of each house
  2. Get a “module” drop for each weapon for the respective houses (Zekti Shield Module)
    1. These modules have multipliers to the base stats of the engine
    2. Module manufacturer does not have to match frame manufacturer
    3. MkI-MkIII Sigma dojo research reworked into modules
  3. In order to equip a module your component must have its frame upgraded to an equivalent rank
    1. Upgrade a weapon frame with Railjack materials to MkI to MkIII frame
  4. Modules skew the stats of the component to fit the house and apply any bonuses

This! ^

So much this.

What I'd like to see is the ability for us to decide whether or not we stay at the end of RJ missions. A short voting period like in other endless missions. That way if the host wants to stay to loot, we can "leave squad and return" gracefully to return to the Orbiter/dry dock. If the host wants to start another mission/return to dry dock, and we want to loot the map, we can choose to "leave squad and remain" and do so. And for those of us who decide to go with the flow, we could have a toggleable option to just do whatever the host chooses...so we don't have to keep voting.

Lost a Kasio's Rest mission due to every single resource drop not being pustrels. Already been to the veil and haven't seen this happen yet. Fantastic RNG for basic repairs. Plenty of cubics and gallo pods, which didn't do the ruptures much good.

It'd be nice if revolite didn't cost resources or if omnis didn't need revolite for repairs, because apparently even adequate resource collection can be punished. (with pick-ups practically streaming in, back-to-back pop-ups)

Edited by Scorn

Some QoL changes:

• Slingshot
    • Reduce amount of effects while in slingshot cannon. It is hard to spot enemies through all the effects from the slingshot cannon itself and especially the ramming shield battle avionics if active. 
    • Add a zoom option to make targeting easier. This should also use the zoom sensitivity for better aiming.
  • Animation speed
    • Speed up animation for getting on a side turret. It would help side gunners take on multiple roles, getting on a side turret under normal circumstances and getting off quickly for repairs, clearing boarding parties, forging, or slingshotting. This is particularly annoying when you jump into a side turret, spot a crewship, then have to immediately get off to slingshot/exit.
    • Speed up opening tactical menu. It feels a bit too slow, slow enough to make me not want to use it, especially for warping when I can just run to the part of the ship.
  • Railjack armaments/components UI
    • When hovering over items, either default the first tab to stats or have it remember which tab to look at when hovering over multiple items. When I'm comparing wreckage stats, it is annoying to have to tab over every time I hover over an item.
    • Add a search bar or house filter for armaments and components to better sort wreckage. This already exists in avionics.
  • Railjack turret UI
    • Don't take away UI information while on turret. On particular thing is the Railjack health bar. Hard to tell while gunning whether to get off and repair. I think the only things shown are catastrophic failure and mission objectives.
  • Railjack UI
    • Would be nice to have a UI indicator that a boarding party is present on the Railjack. Having to watch for Cy's transmission is not reliable. Maybe a red diamond next to the Railjack health UI (the small one under the minimap) to indicate a boarding party is currently present.
  • In-game information
    • Railjack damage and status should be added to the codex. Would be good to get the information in-game regarding how each railjack damage performs against enemies and what each status type does. Additionally, have it notes somewhere that archgun damages are converted to railjack damage during Empyrean missions and what the damage type translation is so players can mod appropriately.
    • Add turret name to UI when on Railjack turret so gunners know what gun they are using (minor benefit)
    • Somehow present information to players in Veil Proxima so they know why ships have health regeneration and how to disable it. Currently, I've been powering through the regeneration, but I just recently learned from online what exactly is healing the ships.
  • Like 1