Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Nukor will be nerfed. Place your bets on how long till it happens

Jarriaga

I mean yes probably, hopefully they do it sooner than later though so people don't get thoroughly invested in the weapon beforehand in a way they might not have in a balanced state. DE has a terrible habit of holding off rebalancing making it all the worse received when it happens. 

7 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Today is Thursday. Thursday is hotfix day. Therefore today (or next Thursday) is Nukor Nerf day.

😆 I hope so.  I had a Groll Riven for Regular Nukor that I got rid of.  Therefore I am both soured and vindictive and hope it gets nerfed into the ground and you all weep softly like heart-broken tweens.

6 hours ago, superiouz said:

This thread is a wet dream for every nukor riven owner. Or.... Seller riven. Lol.

Like its a mandatory to have a riven especially for kuva nukor or brakk or whtever weapon u like. lol

If de nerf every weapon then nerf it. 

Sitting on a 400% damage, 110(ish) status chance, minus zoom riven. Unfortunately I spawned a Seer literally the day before the update but I'll get one this weekend. 

8 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Well, OP stuff is never fun for a long time. 

Condition Overload exponential scaling existed for years.

Maiming Strike being additive existed for years.

Blood Rush being 165% and scaling off Maiming Strike existed for years.

The Redeemer shots being silent existed for years.

Chroma's insane damage multipliers and EHP values with improper math existed for years.

Trinity Nuke existed for years.

Itzal had Blink for years.

Arch-weapons were hit-scan in atmosphere for years.

Shall I keep going, or do you understand that the length of time something is left alone when effective is very rarely short.

Edited by Voltage

il y a 3 minutes, Voltage a dit :

Condition Overload exponential scaling existed for years.

Maiming Strike being additive existed for years.

Blood Rush being 165% and scaling off Maiming Strike existed for years.

The Redeemer shots being silent existed for years.

Chroma's insane damage multipliers and EHP values with improper math existed for years.

Trinity Nuke existed for years.

Itzal had Blink for years.

Arch-weapons were hit-scan in atmosphere for years.

Shall I keep going, or do you understand that the length of time something is left alone when effective is very rarely short.

All of them existed for years, you're right, but I gonna quote myself because you didn't got the point :

Il y a 8 heures, lukinu_u a dit :

Well, OP stuff is never fun for a long time.

Staying there for years is a thing, but being fun for all that duration is another thing. OP stuff is a bit fun when you discover it, but it rarely become boring when it's the most efficient way of playing.
So what I'm saying is OP stuff is a bit of fun at the begining, but a balanced game is way better for everyone on the long term, even if some people like feeling "strong".

• Like 4

I think if a weapon is really strong it should have a downside.

Like prolonged use of Kuva Nukor will start to slowly drain shields. Since this weapon is a beast on Harrow, this makes using it with harrow a risk/reward thing where you need to switch gears and micro manage. More interesting than holding a button to win.

11 hours ago, kyori said:

it seems like everyone knows that the dev doesn't like their players enjoying their game and if they do, fun will be taken away from them eh

nha, sometimes the fix broken sh*t just in time, a lot of players said the same thing about the catchmoon, but it is still strong and viable, same story for the tonkor and synoid simulor, but hey!, now those weapons no longer can effortlessy oneshot 250 lv bombard, so this mean they are no longer viable right? wrong!

If kuva nukor is really that broken, then, i'll prefer them to fix it as soon as possible, if not, we will have a tonkor/synoid situation 2.0, and the forum will riot again.

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

Been using mine and yeah it's good, but I don't think its catchmoon levels of good. It still has a short range and it chews through ammo like a fat kid through a sweet shop, so it does have downsides. I love the vfx on it too. 

Plus they kept the crit chance ludicrously low, so I'd say its reigned in enough already.

Kuva Nukor is fine. It's at best an Atomos sidegrade. Yes, it chains to an extra enemy but the per-chain damage multiplier is horrendously worse:

Atomos: 1st chain: 75% damage of the initial beam, 2nd 42%, 3rd 18%

Kuva Nukor: 1st 40%, 2nd 6%, 3rd 0.4%, 4th 0.1%

You are basically only applying status effects without any meaningful damage to any enemy beyond the first chain with the Kuva Nukor. While Atomos (and Amprex, which has the same chaining/scaling as Atomos) actually does okayish damage to every enemy it hits.

I really don't see it as an issue, 

Sure it has 5x CD at base, but 7% CC. 

The Crit chance is not very reliable. 

The chaining makes it an excellent weapon, maybe slightly better than the atomos, 

But I do not see it's overall DPS being that much greater. 

The Crit bonus from harrow, adarza, smeeta would be fantastic for sure. But it would be fantastic on any weapon that exists.

20 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

The thing is just brutal. Don't get attached to it and pay 1,000+ plat in a Riven for it. It is going to get the Catchmoon treatment.

Same old story. DE gives us something fun then nerfs it. I say we start using kuva kraken so that it gets nerfed

6 hours ago, M3JA said:

Same old story. DE gives us something fun then nerfs it. I say we start using kuva kraken so that it gets nerfed

Over powered things aren't generally all that fun in the long term, and can be a host of problems for overall game balance which is the thing that does create lasting enjoyment. I promise you though that this new power development for a single gun that has only been in the game a handful of days will not ruin the entire game if reduced. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Over powered things aren't generally all that fun in the long term, and can be a host of problems for overall game balance which is the thing that does create lasting enjoyment. I promise you though that this new power development for a single gun that has only been in the game a handful of days will not ruin the entire game if reduced. 

If DE nerfes the riven for it, then I don't care about that, as long as they don't nerf the actual gun it self. The gun works fine without a riven, and once people see that, they jack up the price of the rivens, so its partly the players fault on one hand for nerfs. But as I said, as long as the gun it self doesn't get nerfed, it will be ok, as for the riven, that I don't care if it gets nerfed