Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE to lower Railjack investment? Why? Nobody playing it?

Curious I just read they are also refunding mats and creds... Because they want more players to play?

Objectively Railjack is still a mess. DE still has A LOT of work to do. Someone should really tell DE that lowering the cost to play a mess doesn't make it any less of a mess. Or in other words, you can roll a dog turd in powdered sugar but that don't make it a jelly donut. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 9

They tell you why.

Why:
Upon Review, stats show truly the only people that saw Rising Tide to completion were our veterans, which was originally our intent to design content for veteran players.
However, to sustain the cost of future development and events like Scarlet Spear, accessibility is key and we have to adjust the barriers to entry for Railjack.

If you want to improve a system and you cant do it all at once, what the hell do you expect otherwise.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Firetempest said:

They tell you why.

Why:
Upon Review, stats show truly the only people that saw Rising Tide to completion were our veterans, which was originally our intent to design content for veteran players.
However, to sustain the cost of future development and events like Scarlet Spear, accessibility is key and we have to adjust the barriers to entry for Railjack.

If you want to improve a system and you cant do it all at once, what the hell do you expect otherwise.

I read that. Still seems a little short sighted. I mean why was it taylored just towards veterans? What does DE considered a vet?  I seriously don't think lowering the cost is the most needed thing in the railjack system right now. The whole system is a bit borked and objectively; fundamentally a mess. But lowering the cost to play it should help? 

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Maybe it got to do with the next quest.

Not having access to railjack. Meant you cant do the quest.

Or maybe something else

which absolutely sucks, they are forcing players to play their content or not see anymore, aka rising tide railjack. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Someone should really tell DE that lowering the cost to play a mess doesn't make it any less of a mess.

No, but it does make it more likely that people will even bother investing in the mess to play it at all.

A large number of players likely looked at that 6 million credit cost and just said "Nope, not even gonna bother" which means that it drove away potential players on that alone, the severely mixed reception also didn't help, but a mixed reception on top of a large "Spam Index runs" time investment is a recipe for making people avoid even trying the new content.

That's why even long running MMOs like WoW now have "Skip to x level" options, because the sheer time/resource investment is a massive turn-off to potential newcomers.

• Like 2

They brought up the why in the devstream. Essentially, DE saw that mostly veteran players had railjacks, and they decided the high resource cost and time commitment to build one was unaccommodating to the average player. I know plenty of people who saw the cost of the first railjack part and gave up, so that made sense.

And yes, they absolutely want more players to play the content they created... It's odd to bash a change for this reason.

DE does have a lot of work to do with Railjack, but with this resource change is also a large list of Railjack bug fixes. It isn't everything, but this new resource cost will be launched into a better situation than those that put in the original cost got.

The team has shown that they are improving Railjack's content based on the community's reaction, while we don't have a list of fixes just yet it's important to remember that every patch since Empyrean's rocky release has made fixes and changes to Railjacks. Eventually Railjack will be a solid experience, could be the next update or could be months down the line, but it'll get there.

• Like 3

The idea i believe was that initially rj construction (research, quest, farming, waiting...) was meant for veterans as a way to sink resources, partly so it felt important lorewise(first railjacks in how many years) and it had some rewarding feeling to get.
BUuuut overall that doesn't make any sansa now because it has brought new players, others who might not have the resources or time, and that limits how big they want the next operation to be, as in all (or most) of warframe fighting against the sentient menace
On my part i don't want any of the resources back except maybe the credits, the drones sure give them to me, but the rest meh

Edited by Anandil2
forgot something

I had to grind a bit but not much to make  my railjack. standard resources were a non-issue and it was the new resources that had no good volume source that took a bit of time. And it was a small bit, I was easily ready for the next step as soon as the last component was complete. For me, it was not a trek to the andes to commune with the gods to build, but I recognize that just seeing the numbers and time involved was enough to cause many newer folks to decline the attempt.

The reduction in costs is a good thing, as is the refund of the resources consumed.
I see it as an iterative step in unchoking the path to the larger vision of the game they are trying to construct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kierlak said:

Yeah, the shockingly low participation in RJ now. And since DE put all their eggs in the RJ basket...they are pretty close to public panic mode.

can't agree more, the whole update of "Fixing things that should've been there Day 1" sounds like they where losing more then just RJ Players.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Curious I just read they are also refunding mats and creds... Because they want more players to play?

Objectively Railjack is still a mess. DE still has A LOT of work to do. Someone should really tell DE that lowering the cost to play a mess doesn't make it any less of a mess. Or in other words, you can roll a dog turd in powdered sugar but that don't make it a jelly donut. 

Even if they return it threefold... Still not gonna touch it again. 😅🙂🏼

as for what --C-- Nehra said.

I for my part can't give RJ any attention, its in my eyes a different game, doesn't matter if they wanna make it all shiny and interessting. To me it's still a different game built into this one with story quests tied to it that forces us to play that content.

I'll stay away for it as long as i can most likely.

They are dropping lots of arcanes in the next event, because they also doubled the required ammount of arcanes and nerfed the good/decent ones to poop, just look at Arcane Guardian, thats supposed to help new'ish people out with surivability imo.

Now it takes more than double the ammount of arcanes (they said 2 R3 +1 R0) to max it from 0 to 5 and it's WORSE than live client.

Bringing us Arcanes, but nerfing them is not the way to bring us old people back into their new content.

For all i care i'll do ESO and Sortie for the rest of my days, but i'm not touching that content until it's properly done.

Sorry i play this game for more than 1300 ingame hours in playstation and then later PC, but i'm not really a forum kinda guy.

I just miss Warframe2018 more than i enjoy 2020's iteration, except the melee rework. That one is well done.

Edited by Senaphur

According to workshop their reasoning was due to the number of people who completed Rising Tide, not how many people are playing Railjack. The silly thing here is that they intentionally made Rising Tide 100% optional to anyone who didn't care about customizing their own Railjack as anyone can still queue up for the mission without their own.

But considering the main story has put us as a singular main character whatever quest follows Erra has to be a solo quest, as well as any other story/event that justifies solo use of a Railjack. Meaning it still had to be mandatory for players to finish their own anyways.

So they set themselves up for it to have a low completion rate by making it entirely optional right now while knowing it would be mandatory anyways. Which most players should have expected anyways but still, those resource costs weren't cheap and the next time I need to run the Index will be far too soon.