Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

50 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Is Helminth a Cat or Dog ‘Person’?

Well, you’ll find out… 

First : holy S#&$, game meta just got scrambled into shattered pieces. i am happiness.

Second : bois, get ready to sacrifice your pets to the vore god O.O

Looks neat! I can;t wait to have my little Nervo friends on all my frames <3!!!

Also i just wanted to say: THANK YOU for the little garden/memorial. That's such a sweet touch, and does make me feel a bit better about sending frames off to join the eternal flesh.

Just now, Nocxia said:

Looks neat! I can;t wait to have my little Nervo friends on all my frames <3!!!

Also i just wanted to say: THANK YOU for the little garden/memorial. That's such a sweet touch, and does make me feel a bit better about sending frames off to join the eternal flesh.

I feel the same way!

21 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

I agree it's quite broken but I think this system is designed to move players into playing steel path 100% of the time. 

As in, once players start building super op builds, the main game will be too easy so they'll just play steel path all the time as their main game mode. 

I kinda like that idea. 

5 minutes ago, MoondustStar said:

No kidding on that... I read that already, and I'm already excited for a few of the ones that'll help other frames that need it, plus using Mag's pull on someone like Khora or Hydroid is just going to make single-player farming that much easier. 🙂

Or Limbo, with Rift Torrent.

There were speculations that were pretty much spot-on (ie Banish with Limbo)
Did not expect you folks to pick Null Star from Nova, or Roar from Rhino.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Is ‘Helminth’ a permanent name?

Don’t like it? You can rename your Helminth at any time!

Chompy. You can't talk me out of it! 😂

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Is Helminth a Cat or Dog ‘Person’?

Well, you’ll find out… 

Aaaand now I'm (slightly) concerned about consigned pets. 😂

Looking forward to checking this out live. 🙂

Just now, Plidiro said:

Any comment on how subsumed abilities will work with Hildryn? Will everything cost shields instead or will they just not work.

They will work, just costing Energy instead of Shields. Lets say Inaros.

No shields, but will still lower armor & shields.

This has given me reason to contemplate going to farm multiples of Ivara - having cloaking and sleep arrows on Umbra in lieu of slash-dash would give him a lot of utility...
A second Revenant to throw his Reave on Chroma in lieu of Scream is going to give him a lot of survivability, too.

I'll need to sort a list of frames and how many I'd want to build.

That said, a few questions about their powers: Would they run on the same animations, sounds, and effects as the original abilities, or would there be a bit of customization room there?
I'm asking this for those who want to hear Umbra howl more instead of Rhino's roar or Valkyr's Warcry sounds/animations respectively.

On the side, there's a number of opportunities - mostly for laughs - that have been missed. I can't list all of them, but Ripline is definitely one of them.

Edit/additions/Helminth thoughts:

Spoiler

What if the customization of Helminth could expand beyond just giving it a name? What if it had customizations for voice, and other faculties the Operator could manipulate for... Uhm... reasons?

Gerade eben schrieb Arniox:

I agree it's quite broken but I think this system is designed to move players into playing steel path 100% of the time. 

As in, once players start building super op builds, the main game will be too easy so they'll just play steel path all the time as their main game mode. 

I kinda like that idea. 

U can already do Steel path will frames,doesnt need this broken system

2 hours ago, Cryonet2 said:

They will work, just costing Energy instead of Shields. Lets say Inaros.

No shields, but will still lower armor & shields.

Yeah I read that in the post but I mean Hildryn has no energy and all other abilities have an energy cost.

Interesting. I was expecting for Warcry not to be shared for the same reason Turbulence was not: It decreases the viability of the base frame because it's no longer exclusive.

Not going to complain since I'll likely give it to my Wukong and Khora, but it seems rather inconsistent.  

Archived