Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your wildest Bullet jump remastered idea

Sweg178

To me the current bullet jump seems outdated. We need more fluent and diverse set of bullet jumps. 

For example, imagine mirage bullet jump like gymnastics which actually compliments her clown theme , bulky frames like rhino/hildryn cant do any gymnastics and rather jump with sheer force of their muscles , flying frames like titania/wisp just flies higher and faster etc . 

Also the very idea of having dedicated mod set to customize warframe movement tingles my very balls. 

1 minute ago, CaptainMinty said:

Not remastered, but, a nasty idea nonetheless. The next Warframe's bullet jump is unique in that it is a 15-20m instant teleport forward with a 2 second cooldown.

It would seem interesting to me to see how that would work.

thats an interesting concept. 

An animation that worked kind of like wisps 3.for your self won’t be an effect to game play, but it’ll look cool.

So how it looks. Basically your bullet jump, but it looks like your body is standing still and a ghostly forum is doing the jump leaving a trail behind it. When the jump ends your forum follows the trail copying the moves you made and reunites with the ghost forum.

Now again it would just look like this, but have no game play changes.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

giving each warframe unique movement animations is a LOT of work for very little actual gain, so it's very unlikely to happen. as long as our movement stays fast and ninja-esque the animations themselves don't really matter all that much.

It doesn't necessarily have to be "each warframe their own", DE could design some animation and make them available for every warframe.

A good start would be to make all the custom dodge animations we have (Xaku, Hyldrin, Limbo, Protea) available to all frames.

Also, "for very little actual gain"? Slap a plat tag on those and let's see if the gain is "very little". 

Momentum. Make it so it takes momentum into account rather than what it seems to do now, which is setting it? If you're moving faster than a bullet jump, and use it then you slow down, which is utterly backwards to me.

Bonus points if it works like Slide does now, and the momentum add is conditional (slide only gives a speed boost if the player is below a certain speed threshold) - if the player's sitting still, or jumping in a different direction, then it behaves as now, resetting the players momentum. Wall running should behave similarly, preserving the players momentum for a lot longer. Combine with Bullet Jumps to go faster than Bullet Jumping alone! 

Also, this isn't a bullet jump change, but a universal ripline, (default hold X, can be freely rebound of course). I have some issues with the environment, namely that right now the already-beleaguered wall-run/hop mechanics are further harmed by a distinct lack of walls in recent tilesets, especially ones close enough to warrant going out of your way to jump on them. A grappling hook, even one as simple as Ripline, solves that little conundrum nicely, since you don't have to be right next to a surface to use it for parkour. I've toyed around with Valkyr for a bit, and it amazes me how much one little ability can open up Warframe's movement system even more, too much to be restricted to one frame where it's a bit out of place anyway (what use does a berserker have for a grappling hook? Why does a CAT need one, for that matter?)

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Also, this isn't a bullet jump change, but a universal ripline, (default hold X, can be freely rebound of course). I have some issues with the environment, namely that right now the already-beleaguered wall-run/hop mechanics are further harmed by a distinct lack of walls in recent tilesets, especially ones close enough to warrant going out of your way to jump on them. A grappling hook, even one as simple as Ripline, solves that little conundrum nicely, since you don't have to be right next to a surface to use it for parkour. I've toyed around with Valkyr for a bit, and it amazes me how much one little ability can open up Warframe's movement system even more, too much to be restricted to one frame where it's a bit out of place anyway (what use does a berserker have for a grappling hook? Why does a CAT need one, for that matter?)

Interesting, I’ve always found ripline to be a bit redundant since bullet jumping exists, but I admittedly didn’t spend that much time fiddling with it. Gonna dust off my Valkyr tonight and give it another go now.

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Interesting, I’ve always found ripline to be a bit redundant since bullet jumping exists, but I admittedly didn’t spend that much time fiddling with it. Gonna dust off my Valkyr tonight and give it another go now.

I thought that too, but it's main upshot is maneuverability, not speed, since it gives you the ability to change your momentum in mid-air whenever at the cost of needing a helpful wall. It's not necessarily faster, but it offers an extra level of control.

Example scenario would be to bullet-jump over a group on enemies, slowly hovering over them for a good shot, and as your aim-glide runs out you grapple to the nearest wall. If you've ever played the Spider-Man game, Shattered Dimensions, you can consider it like its web slinging vs Spider Man 2 or PS4's - the latter is used for long-distance traversal, but the Character-action setting of Shattered Dimensions (thus, the lack of open world and smaller environments), causes it's slinging to lean more to facilitate aerial combat and moving about small arenas instead.

32 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

How exactly is outdated? Still seems like a pretty good fluid movement system to me.

I think outdated is the wrong term - more that it's not fully living up to its potential.

It's kind of like Pharah vs Soldier in TF2 right now. Pharah's Jump Jet ability sends her 25 meters upwards and a little bit forwards in a set thrust. Soldiers Rocket Jump, however, can send Soldier in a myriad of different directions at different speeds and heights, and it can be used both for an initial height gain, a speed boost, so on and so forth. They certainly serve the same purpose, but Rocket Jumping is honestly just doing it better.

Now, Bullet Jumping is nowhere near as restrictive, but it still does things like set your momentum. This means that, whilst it's really useful at gaining and maintain its speed, there's no way to push the mechanic further. Yeah, there's rolling, but that'll just increase that set speed since the next jump will reduce any speed boost you had back down again. Changing that could really start opening up some fun stuff.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Sweg178:

To me the current bullet jump seems outdated. We need more fluent and diverse set of bullet jumps. 

For example, imagine mirage bullet jump like gymnastics which actually compliments her clown theme , bulky frames like rhino/hildryn cant do any gymnastics and rather jump with sheer force of their muscles , flying frames like titania/wisp just flies higher and faster etc . 

Also the very idea of having dedicated mod set to customize warframe movement tingles my very balls. 

I like bullet jump the way it is. Actually I really miss this type of movement in other shooters.

Share your wildest Bullet jump remastered idea

Individual frame bullet jump effects on landing:

Ember:  causes a fire explosion

Harrow:  restores shields to himself and allies

Nidus:  gains mutation stacks

Hydroid:  gives himself a full ability rework

Nezha:  results in a chat ban

10 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Not remastered, but, a nasty idea nonetheless. The next Warframe's bullet jump is unique in that it is a 15-20m instant teleport forward with a 2 second cooldown.

It would seem interesting to me to see how that would work.

So, no momentum at the end, to maintain with a roll? And unable to launch into another jump immediately after? 

Pretty sure that's not going to be great. 

Imho bullet jump has always felt slow. Like the air is thicker. Its why i and many others double jump immediately after when teaveling forward. Some even use mobility mods. I think its also why volt gauss and nezha are liked as much. Aside from being generally decent frames. 

That said, i have never really liked the animation or the fact that they made us sacrifice wall running in exchange for an "updated" system. 

I wish they would have implemented a charge jump. Like the longer you hold it the more forcefully you jump, increasing speed and distance. 

I wish we had wall run back as well. Nova was releases shortly after i started warframe, so i never really relied on coptering for rushing missions. But i definitely loved using it to chain wallruns on different surfaces. Wall fling too, which was releasing wall run immediately for a greater velocity dismount. 

With wallrun and charged jump we could have that back, without a bug exploit to improve mobility. 

And , I miss that we used to have parkour videos that showcased a persons skill with well thought out pathways and "trick" jumps like going through small areas, doing spins in the air, and showcasing cool level design. 

Bullet jump and the movement system as a whole allow for near-unlimited mobility. It would be interesting to have a constraint on this to provide balance, maybe in the form of a resource or meter. We already have health in red and energy-a mana equivalent-in blue, so the logical choice would be a green bar called... 'stamina', maybe? So we could have this third meter of stamina that would deplete whenever you bullet jumped, rolled, or did a parkour maneuver. Maybe even whenever you sprinted. It would take a second or two of normal walking to allow it to start refilling.

I'm sure that that would be an enjoyable and popular way to make movement require a more thoughtful approach. 🗿

Archived