Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs are in the shop for 375 platinum , opinions

DonGheddo

On 2020-12-19 at 11:38 AM, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Well this makes no sense. Farming a mech doesn’t give you that knowledge either. No matter how you get it you have to play with the thing to learn it so what are you even talking about. 

Leveling a mech will give you that knowledge. You understand how forma is applied, right? Because I said "apply forma".

23 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The Mausalon seems to be the best of the necramech weapons anyway though.  The Cortege is... not great, and the Moghra is okay.  Just... okay.  It might do okay DPS, but it fires projectiles that have at least a bit of travel time and that arc when fired.  It's a giant grenade launcher.  It's fun for blowing up the constant flood of hall trash in the mission, but less good at actually damaging the Orphix.  Or at least that's been my experience so far.

The Morgha is OK for Isolation Vaults (less furious than this operation). The secondary is great - big ass blast and it takes out a larger radius of stuff, IMO

Mausolon is pretty OP for most things though (and you won't need the Extended Magazine mod).

2 hours ago, kyori said:

Well, you can take it that DE likes to slap their players for playing the game. As in the history of the game, things will only get easier after sometime or months after initiate release. So now you know, you can opt not to play new content when it is release, and only to play it when it becomes easier later on.

Most things in life tend to get cheaper and easier to obtain as life moves on. Does that mean that everyone and everything is 'slapping you in the face'?

2 hours ago, CephKaron said:

There's a difference between playing the game and rotting your brain in a poorly designed game mode that you gain nothing of importance for except a slim chance at getting the one crafting component you need. I'm not "too stuck up" to trade for the parts, I'm frustrated because I WANT TO play the new content to get the rewards for it, but it's currently in a sorry af state. The fact you can buy or trade for it through plat doesn't change the fact the iso vaults and necramech fights in their current state are like a crappy tech demo.

Then, and this is only a suggestion, don't play the event until drop, prices, or whatever are adjusted as they often are. The OP doesn't contain suggestions, it's just whining even though the main idea it is whining about is a standard thing of being able to buy something outright if you don't want to grind and earn it. It will likely be adjusted at least a little bit, but it isn't going to go away completely.

Warframes are in market for platinums.

Look, every half decent warframe players know that "the right way" to play warframe is to grind for your stuff, and wait for days to make it in foundry.

If some streamers need to get em quick to review it or something, and it makes money for DE so we all can continue to enjoy this game for free then what's the problem?

Any argument that's based on "it's not fair i grind for it so everyone need to grind it as well!" are made by children. Just enjoy it. Basically we free players and light spenders are being subsidized by them.

On 2020-12-19 at 7:07 PM, Aldain said:

They could honestly drop the price down to 275 like the Elytron and Amesha imo (also the Itzal should drop to that same price) as they fill a similar niche.

How exactly? Archwings are very useful and necessary in Railjack and Open Worlds. They even have their own game mode and there are even mixed mode missions on Uranus and Kuva Fortress.

Necramechs are far less useful and absolutely not necessary for anything beyond this event... for now.

Invoking your rationale, the Necramech should probably be priced no more than Elytron or Amesha...

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

Invoking your rationale, the Necramech should probably be priced no more than Elytron or Amesha...

...That's exactly what I said.

Necramechs are currently in nearly the same position that Archwings were with their launch, but with the head start of being usable in normal tilesets soontm so them being costed the same as Archwings makes totals sense to me.

Usefulness doesn't really have anything to do with it, I just suggested that price instead of what they are now because it would be more consistent with how Archwing prices have been (while also suggesting they bring Itzal down to match Elytron and Amesha).

This could all go out the window if the modular Archwing system is a full replacement for the originals, but that's only speculative at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...That's exactly what I said.

Not to split hairs, but "No more than" has subtle extra meaning than just merely dropping it down to the price of Elytron or Amesha. It implies that Necramechs are more worthless than Archwings, up to and including, the price of Archwings now. I was personally going to write something far cheaper than what you wrote because Necramechs are basically novelty items.

6 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Most things in life tend to get cheaper and easier to obtain as life moves on. Does that mean that everyone and everything is 'slapping you in the face'?

Yes life is constantly slapping you in the face.

On 2020-12-20 at 4:59 AM, CephKaron said:

That isn't the issue, the issue is that DE are just selling you the necramech (or at worst demanding you buy it) instead of making the effort to make the iso vaults actually half decent to play through. These are the types of MTX that are insidious, it will only get worse from here. It always does.

That is exactly the issue the OP had in the thread I originally replied in. Gotta love it when threads get merged and there is no mention of it anywhere so at least hald the comments don't really have anything to do with the current topic at hand.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MorradiX:

Its a way for them to make the cash....I'm just sad there isnt a necromech modpack yet  :/

*hint,hint,nudge nudge*   :D 

it's all about cash, player base, etc. without all of this, updates are not possible. who is buying plat? these are fewer people and mostly beginners or people with full-time jobs and families. there is no time for long farms here. 2 hours a day is not always possible.

On 2020-12-20 at 1:32 AM, Deminisis said:

Nova, Frost, and Rhino each cost 375 plat in the market. You can farm all three from some bosses on the starchart with little effort. Those aren't worth $20, but its the same price of a necramech. There is a obvious disparity in warframe pricing as a whole, but we should be spending more platinum for skipping days of progress for mechs than what we spend for these frames that I could farm in less than an hour.

Now, semantically, no. Rhino, Frost, and Nova are all usable throughout the star chart and far beyond, and Warframes in a game called Warframe. Yes, they're easier to acquire, but they're also far more useful. Necramechs are clunky, undertuned, and extremely esoteric in their usage. But, some players like them, and are willing to put in the grind. Others are willing to go halfway and just buy the parts they need. And that's fine.

On 2020-12-20 at 6:15 PM, Leqesai said:

It is also disingenuous to use the retail price of platinum because most players do not purchase platinum at the retail price (most wait for prime access or coupons to purchase platinum, or just trade for it with ingame goods and spend no real money).

Please explain to me how it's disingenuous to use retail prices when talking about a retail shop. Yes, I have no idea who actually spends retail on items in the plat shop. Also, don't forget console players don't get discounts on platinum, but rather discounts on a single purchase. However, I don't think any of us on the forums have any real idea how platinum is actually purchased outside of ourselves and our friends, so... *shrug*

At the end of the day, we're arguing about player pieces in a game that we're not even competing in. Someone buying a Voidrig or Bonewidow doesn't remove yours. If anything, it helps you by giving someone else for you to do the event who you didn't have there previously. You want to complain about how you couldn't buy it, and had to slog through Iso vaults? That's fair, and quite reasonable. You went through some stuff I can't stand. But to me, it's more that DE should have offered them for plat from the start, and for some reason didn't.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Please explain to me how it's disingenuous to use retail prices when talking about a retail shop. Yes, I have no idea who actually spends retail on items in the plat shop. Also, don't forget console players don't get discounts on platinum, but rather discounts on a single purchase. However, I don't think any of us on the forums have any real idea how platinum is actually purchased outside of ourselves and our friends, so... *shrug*

At the end of the day, we're arguing about player pieces in a game that we're not even competing in. Someone buying a Voidrig or Bonewidow doesn't remove yours. If anything, it helps you by giving someone else for you to do the event who you didn't have there previously. You want to complain about how you couldn't buy it, and had to slog through Iso vaults? That's fair, and quite reasonable. You went through some stuff I can't stand. But to me, it's more that DE should have offered them for plat from the start, and for some reason didn't.

It feels disingenuous because the information, though not untrue, is not representative of the whole picture. Platinum can be obtained through coupons at a reduced rate or traded for ingame for no exchange of real world currency. Applying the retail value to your argument makes the argument seem more underhanded than it likely is. It gives me a "DE is bad because they are evil" kind of vibe (which is likely not your intent).

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

It feels disingenuous because the information, though not untrue, is not representative of the whole picture. Platinum can be obtained through coupons at a reduced rate or traded for ingame for no exchange of real world currency. Applying the retail value to your argument makes the argument seem more underhanded than it likely is. It gives me a "DE is bad because they are evil" kind of vibe (which is likely not your intent).

Not at all, and I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Warframe is a product, and it needs to sell. The amount of stuff I've purchased in game with plat I bought is upwards of hundreds of dollars over the past 7 years. (Used to play on PC when open beta started for two years, and have played on NSW since day one.) My argument is the Necramechs are kind of lame, and a pain to grind for, so if someone wants to drop plat on them to skip that grind so this event isn't a total chore to do with a vanilla Mausolon, they should have that option.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Not at all, and I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Warframe is a product, and it needs to sell. The amount of stuff I've purchased in game with plat I bought is upwards of hundreds of dollars over the past 7 years. (Used to play on PC when open beta started for two years, and have played on NSW since day one.) My argument is the Necramechs are kind of lame, and a pain to grind for, so if someone wants to drop plat on them to skip that grind so this event isn't a total chore to do with a vanilla Mausolon, they should have that option.

Well, you see... I'm slightly mad.

I generally get to conclusions through this lovely thing called delusion.

alice in the wonderland yes GIF

3 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Now, semantically, no. Rhino, Frost, and Nova are all usable throughout the star chart and far beyond, and Warframes in a game called Warframe. Yes, they're easier to acquire, but they're also far more useful. Necramechs are clunky, undertuned, and extremely esoteric in their usage. But, some players like them, and are willing to put in the grind. Others are willing to go halfway and just buy the parts they need. And that's fine.

You can say that now, but just wait till people are running voidrig guard mode and pushing millions of dmg on hydron, sedna with a protea dispenser for energy. Sure, bonewidow is bad but that exalted grenade launcher is going to be everywhere.

Archived