Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Yareli & Kompressa Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Merulina & K-Drives

• I like it to drive a Merulina in the normal Missions. It has its problems if you want to drive fast trough the levels an often does not fit trough spaces other Warframes can, but it has it charms.
  • I would like to:
    • be able to mod Merulina.
    • get to smaller spaces (that a normal warframe Fits), may be with a duck animation or so.
    • make Merulina dismountable so you don't have to use Energy to get her back every time you dismount her.
    • let us switch to the Operator while on Merulina. I play a lot with switching between Operator and Warframe and found that a great problem not to do so on Merulina.
    • let all player be able to call there K-Drive in all missions
    • let all Frame use there abilities on K-Drives
    • Edit: remove the ragdolling from K-Drive, please.

Glad that Yareli can hop in and out of Transference now, but forcing her to dismount to make it work is unfortunate, especially since her invulnerability wears off like a normal dismount even when she doesn't have other abilities active (leading to her body being killed and dragging the Operator back).

On 2021-07-28 at 5:17 PM, Chanzi said:

Why is vacuum disabled when you're on Merulina? Running to every single drop or constantly getting on and off Merulina both seem like bad options.

Its not. As long as you are the host. As a client it randomly doesn't work, which is incredibly annoying.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Hotdog_Water666 said:

Made all the parts for yareli. Started the quest. Do a bunch of kdrive junk. No thanks.

Just went ahead and did it. Decided to look up a video. There's a really easy way to cheese it actually. Not gonna link it because I don't DE to patch it out.

Everyone knows what method you're talking about. It's the same reason DE nerfed grinding for VK standing.

@[DE]Rebecca after playing yareli and running extensive tests between multiple helminth abilities with and without and playing her for for about 10 hours on average for roughly 6 days a week and officially now fully understanding how her kit works together ie sea snare plus riptide equal death to corpus and yes she’s a corpus frame ie she’s bad against other faction not of her own.  I have come to the conclusion of two things with her kit that I deem the most noteworthy issues contrary to popular belief of the quote “she bad” she’s not btw but to put these in bullet points for simplicity these changes would help with here survivability and prevent her from the need for pillage and equilibrium builds being the only thing viable

• 1 - I personally feel that her riptide could use a very minute damage buff to her scaling dmg by say 50- 100 dmg per enemy to help her when the enemies get over leveled 

•2 - her riptide could also use a little bit of added range by about 4-6 meter pull at base and could also benefit from force pulling enemy out side of normal range when they are affected by sea snares simply because it is scaled in dmg by enemy and that would combined with bullet point 1 bring it in line with an end game viable build for small length endurance runs

• 3 - her sea snare tbh could be changed to better suit her cc play style by adding moddable angle range similar to barruk to help cover her backside which is where she suffering the most in terms of survivability and also a small increase to the sea snare to have 5-8 per cast based on range modifications added to angle and having a small nerf to how fast you cast so that you lose one or 2 sea snare by them targeting befor you can recast the ability for another 5-8 per range mod. Ie about 2-3 sec before recast possibly less depend on how you guys feel after stress testing it 

•4 - finally I would like to add a note that for survivability I think that yareli could benefit from a small amount of over shield being granted from her riptide based on the amount of enemies that dies under seas snare while under riptides pull  this would work very well with the riptide buffs I posted to actually creat a bit more added survivability in higher level steel path mission also I feel that the over shield gain should be capped by half the normal overshield when granted by the riptide so not to over kill the survivability but you should be allowed to have overshield for other sources at the same rate. As usual again this would be entirely up to the dev team and stress testing

with that said yareli is very very good against her faction as she should be and these changes would reflect that but they would also grant here the capability of going against other factions while accompanied by other without her becomeing completely overpowered and would not completely require an rework should this be the case

56 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Everyone knows what method you're talking about. It's the same reason DE nerfed grinding for VK standing.

Leave it to DE to make everything a pain in the butt lol like we don't waste enough time just playing the game. Everything's gotta be a job. Well, at least I never have to go back to it again.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Redfeather75:

Can riptide be changed to make the k-drive go way up into the air if cast under it. Then it can be a cool way to setup tricks.

please no, i don't want to steam rocket myself into the sealing every time i try to employ a moderately useless panic button. you have charged jump and double jump, those are enough to bring you 30 meters into the air (normal bullet jump does 15 meters). this would have to be so nuts in terms of numbers to be better than taht, it would likely bug you through the ceiling and out into oblivion, which already happens often enough, thank you very much.

If they would at least make Yareli smaller, so that the normal Frame height is reached, when she hops on her board, that would solve a lot of issues.
Sure, that will also create a lot of scaling work (just guessing since I'm not a pro) with the cosmetics and weapons, but that's still better than the current situation

About Sea Snares, hoping you'll fix it so they don't pop when rubbing against walls or Arctic Eximus bubbles. In older tile sets the line-of-sight check seems to go through geometry (maybe it looks like there's a wall there to us, but the ray trace still goes through somehow), so the Sea Snares will try to fly over to enemies behind obstacles.

Another issue with them is they will almost never catch any enemies if Yareli casts this ability in the air. Those Snares only have a 3.5 meter detection radius, and most enemies are grounded aside from Ospreys and some flying Sentients. Any globules that hone into enemies will stop moving the second those targets are killed, so they just sit in the air doing nothing until they pop.

Suggestions to mitigate these problems:

• Stationary Sea Snares globules will gradually descend to the ground due to gravity.
  • Globule detection radius is either larger and/or affected by Yareli's Ability Range.
  • Yareli can hold the ability to cast Sea Snares that patrol between her cast location and the location on her reticle at the time of cast (extending as far as the hone-in range). Enemies that come close to patrolling globules will be detected and snared.
  • Let moving globules phase through walls to reach their targets, or have them rebound away and float in place.

Edit: To add a small niche to Sea Snares that feeds into Yareli's secondary crit core gameplay loop, consider this:

• Sea Snared enemies have a bubble wrapped around their head that behaves like a bullet attractor, which draws attacks toward the head and amplifies critical damage by a %.

I have to start with saying Yareli's visual design is really cool, cute and unique which is great. However can't say the same about her kit :x

Overall feeling: Clunky, and she plays very selfishly. As in, most warframes have some sort of ability that benefits the team somehow, or can be augmented to do it. Yareli however has nothing like that, unless you count her snares are to "help everyone on the team". (Don't take that as a suggestion that her support capability should take up a mod slot though.) In my opinion this especially feels wrong for a magical girl themed warframe. When I first saw her visual design, I expected her to be a support hybrid, but she actually plays like a pure dps frame (who has close to no team utility on top of that), which is rather dissonant to her theme in my opinion. I'm sure some healing or atleast buffing (or both) ability would have fit well into her kit.

Kdrive on any mission sounds cool on paper, in gameplay on the other hand it just doesn't work on too many tilesets. This wouldn't be a big problem if her survivability in higher level content didn't need Merulina so much. Maybe if hold casting Merulina could provide its defense without having to use Merulina as a kdrive. It doesn't feel nice to get your secondary glued into your hand either. All frames can use a secondary while using a kdrive, maybe it could be Yareli's part of passive to use a primary too, so she would feel different? Not talking about Critical just doesn't work for weapons leaning more towards status chance, but that's a smaller issue. Some warframes already favor crit or status more over the other.
Also there are K drive mods, maybe Merulina could be an exalted kdrive you could mod?

Next problem is modding Yareli is uhh not very convenient. Her 2 and 4 don't scale with duration at all, and her 2 and 3 don't scale with range at all. As for Merulina not having much scaling besides strength, it's understandable (although still questionable design choice). Reminds me a bit of modding Nyx, who could still really use a rework by the way. Not necessarily to deal more damage but to do better crowd control and maybe some support capability.
Her 3rd ability, Aquablades not getting any benefit from range especially baffles me. There are damage dealing frames who can nuke way bigger radius, so why not let range affect the ability?
Her 4th ability, Riptide kinda feels like a worse version of Vauban's 4 or Nidus' 2.
The damage it does is underwhelming, even with the more mobs doing more damage mechanic, and its synergy with sea snares just doesn't do this ability justice, especially it being Yareli's 4th ability. I think it could have more going on than just doing direct damage. Also the toss at the end of the animation doesn't toss them enough to work as crowd control, and tosses them too much to keep them in place to effectively attack them with AoE.

Again, good visual design for a warframe, but it'd be great if her kit was as great too.

Le 30/07/2021 à 03:26, (NSW)Lucifer-Morningst4r a dit :

@[DE]Rebecca after playing yareli and running extensive tests between multiple helminth abilities with and without and playing her for for about 10 hours on average for roughly 6 days a week and officially now fully understanding how her kit works together ie sea snare plus riptide equal death to corpus and yes she’s a corpus frame ie she’s bad against other faction not of her own.

I don't get your point here
I mean, Protea and Valkyr are also two "corpus frames" and still rocks at wrecking anything they encounter

Plus Yareli isn't anywhere near Corpus nor Grineer, she isn't affiliated to any factions, much like the majority of warframes (well, except, you know that faction, kinda)

And to the ones that are (like the two I mentioned above) it doesn't affect their gameplay at all

wtf are you saying, maybe you're a bit too roleplay, if you just red her comic page, you should see that this reflexion of yours is nonsense too

And, since I red your whole post, you can't play her 10 hours a day, 6 days straight and not seeing that Aquablades are just monumental trash
They're not affected by range mods, meaning that you need to be close range to kill a mob by staying in range of the blades. 
Since Yareli is squishy, unless you're constantly facing lvl 40 enemies (in that case, yeah, I can see that you're happy with that), the ability is useless since being close to a lvl 80 RJ Exergis Crewmens with Yareli for example, will get you two shotted, even if you're on your K-drive you'll die before Merulina's HP are depleted, and it gets even worse when Penta crewmens are starting to spawn. (And slash is really not the go to element against corpus)
Also mentionning that they can't hit ragdolled ennemies, meaning you can'to combo the blades with riptide.
Right now, even with range I don't think it would be that good, it needs to change to be more controlable, to be more of an active gameplay ability rather than a fire&forget button.

And it's also a shame to have an ability slot wasted for a K-drive that could be placed as her passive too, since the K-drive has forced synergy to the kit, it feels more like a burden than a bonus, in the end.

They seriously need to take the time to think more about the abilities, that's really some obvious flaws, only 1 hour of gameplay on a 50-100 lvl mission is needed to see that practically everything is wrong.

But I still have hope, they showed us with Xaku's 4 that they can totally change abilities to make them work and synergize with the whole kit.

Don't let us down plz (Not my case but people bought this frame with plat considering what you showed for her, back then. And aside from being a nice Captura Material, she isn't playable in most of the tilesets we have)

TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Hydraulic Crosshairs (probably Galvanized Crosshairs too but i don't have it) not working while Yareli riding Merulina 
VISUAL: -
REPRODUCTION:  Ride Merulina as Yareli. Perform a headshot to obtain the buff. Aim the weapon and fire. There is no additional crit chance added despite UI showing it's active. If you dismount Merulina the buff applies as expected.
EXPECTED RESULT: You should get additional crit chance while aiming.
OBSERVED RESULT: No additional crit chance applied while aiming on Merulina
REPRODUCTION RATE: When playing as Yareli riding Merulina

3 hours ago, Maryph said:

I don't get your point here
I mean, Protea and Valkyr are also two "corpus frames" and still rocks at wrecking anything they encounter

Plus Yareli isn't anywhere near Corpus nor Grineer, she isn't affiliated to any factions, much like the majority of warframes (well, except, you know that faction, kinda)

And to the ones that are (like the two I mentioned above) it doesn't affect their gameplay at all

wtf are you saying, maybe you're a bit too roleplay, if you just red her comic page, you should see that this reflexion of yours is nonsense too

And, since I red your whole post, you can't play her 10 hours a day, 6 days straight and not seeing that Aquablades are just monumental trash
They're not affected by range mods, meaning that you need to be close range to kill a mob by staying in range of the blades. 
Since Yareli is squishy, unless you're constantly facing lvl 40 enemies (in that case, yeah, I can see that you're happy with that), the ability is useless since being close to a lvl 80 RJ Exergis Crewmens with Yareli for example, will get you two shotted, even if you're on your K-drive you'll die before Merulina's HP are depleted, and it gets even worse when Penta crewmens are starting to spawn. (And slash is really not the go to element against corpus)
Also mentionning that they can't hit ragdolled ennemies, meaning you can'to combo the blades with riptide.
Right now, even with range I don't think it would be that good, it needs to change to be more controlable, to be more of an active gameplay ability rather than a fire&forget button.

And it's also a shame to have an ability slot wasted for a K-drive that could be placed as her passive too, since the K-drive has forced synergy to the kit, it feels more like a burden than a bonus, in the end.

They seriously need to take the time to think more about the abilities, that's really some obvious flaws, only 1 hour of gameplay on a 50-100 lvl mission is needed to see that practically everything is wrong.

But I still have hope, they showed us with Xaku's 4 that they can totally change abilities to make them work and synergize with the whole kit.

Don't let us down plz (Not my case but people bought this frame with plat considering what you showed for her, back then. And aside from being a nice Captura Material, she isn't playable in most of the tilesets we have)

Well your wrong FYI every frame is based on a faction and two I’m using yareli in steel path and I never get two shorted with her so maybe learn how to mod and or possibly test things before quoting someone and saying they are wrong when they have clearly done the testing and just FYI if properly modded yareli easily handles level 200+ 

I might also point out that yareli is a cc Fran not a damage frame she’s not supposed to do damage yes there are other frames that are cc and do damage but the idea around yareli is to be an early game frame for newer players that can’t and don’t have access to endgame mod setups. So in essence not dos not a tank she’s a pure cc yes she has some issues which will be addressed in time I won’t deny that but her kit works fine if you put time into formaing her with proper mods the only thing I will add is she indeed needs survivability as for dos wtf she is cc not damage 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Lucifer-Morningst4r said:

I might also point out that yareli is a cc Fran not a damage frame she’s not supposed to do damage

Ah yes, that's why her 1 has growing damage, her 3 is just damage, and her 4's main schtick is doing damage. Too bad none of them do anywhere near enough damage.

The only bit of actual CC in her kit (unless you consider mild staggers and gathering+spreading enemies as actual CC) is from her 1, which is slower and worse CC than Harrow's 1. Oh, and she has the CC from her passi- wait no, that one's also about doing damage.

Il y a 10 heures, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu a dit :

Ah yes, that's why her 1 has growing damage, her 3 is just damage, and her 4's main schtick is doing damage. Too bad none of them do anywhere near enough damage.

The only bit of actual CC in her kit (unless you consider mild staggers and gathering+spreading enemies as actual CC) is from her 1, which is slower and worse CC than Harrow's 1. Oh, and she has the CC from her passi- wait no, that one's also about doing damage.

Considering that guy thinks frames are based on factions, hense why they potentially (not true at all but whatever, if it pleases him) do more damage to the faction they are coming from, do not even bother argumenting with him
His brain is deep fried

Citation

Well your wrong FYI every frame is based on a faction 

So, what's the home faction of Gauss? Or Banshee ? Or Vauban ?
Because Yareli's quest is taking place in Orb Vallis, doesn't mean she's corpus, and spoiler

Révélation

In her comics she kills a grineer who enslaved the childrens of Fortuna, by drowning him and launching him into space, that's why she's the idol of the ventkids.
It has nothing to do with her being corpus.

Again, we can't verify his arguments, since there're no videos or anything worth defending in his speech, and considering his justifications about "Why Yareli performs bad against grineer" I don't want to see his proofs.
Plus, having 22 pages of complaints about "how Yareli is the worst frame ever released" should be enough for them to see that there's actually a problem

And if you see that, explain to me Mister Lucifer: why Valkyr and Protea (two corpus frames by lore) can wreck any factions ?

29 minutes ago, Maryph said:

And if you see that, explain to me Mister Lucifer: why Valkyr and Protea (two corpus frames by lore) can wreck any factions ?

There's also Garuda, y'know the frame you get from Vox Solaris, y'know the anti-Corpus faction, who perform the worst against Corpus because Slash and shields.

Would love to see that one explained as well.

First of all, as a big fan of K-Drives and the Ventkids, I absolutely love Yareli's lore and design, as well as the concept of her abilities. However.. The abilities disappoint in execution, even after investing two Umbra Forma and Helminth abilities, my Yareli needs to do all she can to achieve the same thing that, for instance, Baruuk can achieve with just one punch. Here are some of my suggestions on how she could be improved:

PASSIVE Applies to both primary and secondary weapons

SEA SNARES

-Base the damage output on enemy health

-Base damage: 5% (capping at 20% per second)

*While on Merulina - grant an additional 100% strength for this ability

This way Yareli would need at least 300% ability strength to achieve the maximum damage with this ability, but with a fitting reward. Seeing as armor, especially in Steel Path, significantly reduces damage, I believe this would be balanced and actually functional when paired with status effects

MERULINA :

-Let her switch between primary and secondary (this should go for all K-Drives - they are easily outclassed by archwings in speed, mobility and even combat options, so I believe they deserve to be thrown a bone here)

-Increase holster and reload speed while active

-Decrease base damage absorption to 50%, but make it scale off of ability strength, capping at 90%

-Make Merulina modable (Among mods for jump height or speed, this would also allow us to apply Juice, so Yareli could recharge energy without relying on orbs or getting off of Merulina just to activate Energizing Dash - my idea of Yareli is a playstyle option that rewards the player for truly being the Waverider)

*Grant ability enhancements while active

AQUABLADES :

-Change damage type to Corrosive (Synergy with Sea Snares and generally more viable)

*While on Merulina - grant lifesteal properties

RIPTIDE :

-Increase base range

-Increase pull force or duration to compensate for more distant enemies (I often see enemies not entering the cyclone because they don't have enough time to do so, while Nidus can easily gather enemies without delay)

*While on Merulina - For each enemy inside of the cyclone, decrease all affected enemies' armor and/or shields by 20%

I've done my best with Yareli as she is now, and granting her Hildryn's Pillage makes her Riptide somewhat viable, but it's still a lot of effort for minimal results, therefore it would be fair if Merulina granted this additional bonus that rewards players for targeting crowds, just like the ability's damage output does

This is my vision of Yareli's potential, and there are so many more players who spoke their mind on the matter, I genuinely hope that our feedback will be reviewed and implemented soon, so that Yareli will no longer have to hold the title of "the worst Warframe in the game". 

7 hours ago, W.Blizzard said:

The abilities disappoint in execution, even after investing two Umbra Forma

Cringe Reaction GIF

Yareli?  Umbra Forma?  I've gotten every umbra forma that's been available, and I still can't fathom (no pun intended) stapling one, let alone two, onto this underbaked frame.

I applaud your... dedication, I think.  And your suggestions are spot on.  I may be baffled by your investment into this frame, but I agree with you in that she has potential but needs serious help.

Archived