Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Subsuming EVERY possible Warframe?

CrimsonDarkLord

While I'm stuck in lockdown, I have had an incredible amount of time to play games and I've been on an unreasonable quest to "collect" every single Warframe for Helminth flowers.

Just curious how many of you have actually collected EVERY subsume-able Warframe?

So far, all I'm missing are:

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

I guess I've saved the worst bunch for last.

After reading up about the median hours required to get these last 6, I'm guessing apart from a short-lived moment of satisfaction, there is pretty much no real in-game benefit?

ive done it. you get the satisfaction of having access to every ability if some random niche frame + ability combo comes around. otherwise, nothing of note outside of the obvious helminth xp and the mastery xp that brings. i was one of the few madmen who subsumed them all before rank 15 was released and boy do i feel some amount of rage for all that wasted helminth xp cause i hit max probably around 3/4ths or maybe 2/3rds of the way through all the frames. understandable for their plans but also a mild angerey.

as for why? after 7ish+ years of this game i had so many resources what else was i gonna do lol

2 minutes ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

While I'm stuck in lockdown, I have had an incredible amount of time to play games and I've been on an unreasonable quest to "collect" every single Warframe for Helminth flowers.

Just curious how many of you have actually collected EVERY subsume-able Warframe?

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

After reading up about the median hours required to get these last 6, I'm guessing apart from a short-lived moment of satisfaction, there is pretty much no real in-game benefit?

I have 100% subsumed, BUT I am high MR and when they announced helminth last year on Tennocon I had 2 months of holidays to farm everything. Then I just subsumed every day.

From those 6 you WANT to subsume Gauss and Protea. 
Gauss has dps ability that can be used to speed-level frames in SO, which is very nice.
Protea gives dispensary which fixes a lot of Warframe energy economies.

As for there being real benefit, I'd say Ash, Oberon, and Gauss have some of the best subsumable abilities. Shuriken guarantees bleed procs, Smite has scaling damage, and Thermal Sunder has some great damage and guaranteed heat, cold, and blast procs.

Also, the finished garden is pretty.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I've collected every single one. Though I hardly use the Helminth system...

EDIT: BTW, Cerata for Grendel missions. I knocked 6 of those missions out solo in one sitting for 2 Grendel sets just with Cerata. Make sure you understand how to use Glaives in general.

1 hour ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

Oberon

We used to swim "in" oberons. Good old days before RJ.

I have like 10-15 frames that I haven't gotten. I don't bother with others because either:

- they will have primes soon (so I can give normal version to Helminth)

- useless/repeated/boring abilities. I would probably use 10-15 slots (if I could but of course I couldn't) if abilities worked with others. For example Xaku's Vast untime doesn't affect subsumed abilities so they have normal timer. Or Yareli/Merulina - you can only activate abilities BEFORE entering Merulina. If I want to use Merulina then I need some long lasting abilities...

2 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

I have subsumed all warframes and have duplicates of every available frame (with between 3-5 of most prime frames as well).

Asian Jealousy GIF

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

- Harrow is probably the worst, just because it means doing defection. you're probably better off trading for the plat for him. he's also supposed to be next to be primed after Nidus IIRC, so you could just wait until he's confirmed and then subsume your own Harrow: it's probably what i'll do. I don't know how useful Condemn will be though, it's not the greatest CC power in terms of range but the shield restore might be handy on Hildryn or something idk.

- Gauss shouldn't be too bad, just farm disruptions. also a good chance to get scans on Demolishers, Ghouls and Amalgams if you care about the codex at all. thermal Sunder is pretty nice.

- how have you not got Oberon? or maybe you avoid doing Fissures lol; he was one of the first frames I could subsume a copy of, and I doubt I'm alone on that. having Smite means being able to add Smite Infusion Augment onto another frame, which adds a nice bit of team-buffing to your kit, but only if you can cast it onto your allies mid combat (if you can manage it during the epilepsy-triggering lightshow that is Eidolon fights, like me, then you should manage it in regular missions too.

- Protea might be a grind, but this is also a good chance to farm Sisters if you haven't already, and if you have, then you can still try for any Ephemeras you don't have, or a duplicate weapon for valence fusion. even with it's nerf, subsumed Dispenser is still a welcome source of replenishment on the battlefield IMO.

- Ash... oof. he drops in railjack now but the part chances are still just as garbage as manic drops. again, you may be better off just trading and saving the plat for him. Shuriken is.. ehh. 

- Grendel... I guess it depends on ho much you like arbitrations and doing those "no mods" allowed missions. Nourish is his subsumed power, but even the regular version isn't that good, so I dunno how worthwhile it would be to use it on another frame, espeically if it's nerfed. 

maybe there are like you say, some niche builds out there that could prove viable, but I can't really think of many. nowadays most people seem content with Gloom and Spectorage with the augment. 

Not only is there no real in-game benefit outside of extra subsumed abilities that aren't really worth picking, I'd say it's actually somewhat detrimental: when DE raised the cap on Helminth's levels, they didn't give retroactive XP from subsuming frames, presumably because they wanted those players to get it from invigorations instead. Effectively, the more warframes you subsume, the fewer sources of quick, easy XP you have the next time the level cap gets raised, if that happens. Completionism is really the only driving factor here.

Yep, I did it because I'm a bit of a completionist. Got my last frame - Trinity - about two weeks ago.

Gauss is easy enough. Oberon used to be easy until they changed where he drops. I remember getting two full Oberon sets out of a single Eximus Stronghold Defense Sortie...
Grendel is a pain but there are cheese ways to do it. The rest are just grind and luck.

I bought Harrow the first time round and got lucky with my second or third attempt at the defection mission when I farmed him for Helminth. Generally I'll have one or two goes at a farming mission, then go do something else so that I don't get too bored.

There's no real benefit, but of the ones you have remaining I would say Protea's ability is the most useful.

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

When you've been playing for awhile, you'll farm for a few and just buy the rest with plat on a discount.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

When you've been playing for awhile, you'll farm for a few and just buy the rest with plat on a discount.

I think that experienced people also had a lot of frames ready to build due years of doing stuff and maybe helping people,  I had to farm for very few frames when helminth came

To some extent, the grind almost feels like some sort of a slot-machine/gambling addiction where getting a part is like hitting a jackpot. Then after you get it, you feel lucky and are tempted to jump back in with a different farm again.

I found this video very entertaining:

Under the most extreme of circumstances of bad luck, I just cannot comprehend spending 54 hours on the Ash farm.

At that point, I'd rather fork out for a Prime Access pack and bulk buy 6 Frames at once.

3 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Nope, not gonna farm Khora, Harrow and Nidus a second time, i'm just patiently waiting for their prime release to ditch their normal version (absolutely don't care about actual potato and forma investment, i've got tons of them)

RNG is a strange beast isn't it? 

People have such a hard time with the Khora farm. I ended up with 2 full sets (along with multiple duplicate parts) without even intending to get Khora - It was just from ranking up MR fodder over time.

That's not to say, I won't have a much harder time with farming other frames compared to others since I've had good luck on some. Bad RNG has to find its way in somehow.

I have, I wanted all the flowers. 

Also, a lot of the game modes you need to play to get such Warframes, I know are unpopular, but I actually like some of them. Or I had side objectives as well, or I would experiment with a new build or weapons. The grind is only really bad when you actively dislike what you are doing, if you find ways to enjoy it on its own, much easier. That easier said than done though of course. Alternatively there is the Plat route, but my own personal philosophy is to try and learn ways to actually enjoy a given node/mission type. I never originally liked Defection or Disruption for example, but now they are some of my fav modes. 

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I think that experienced people also had a lot of frames ready to build due years of doing stuff and maybe helping people,  I had to farm for very few frames when helminth came

Same I had all the Warframes sitting in the foundry from getting them over the years and helping players, only had to get a few pieces to complete them.

Grendel is the last frame to add, I don't have enough vitus essence (bad rng) to get the last two keys, to go get him.

6 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

Unless it was recently fixed ash parts still dropped from manics,

So Ash and Harrow can be combined in one farm hopefully.

Protea is a better use of time now that sisters are a thing.

I'd save gauss until nidus P so you can combine new relic farm at the same time.

Grendel is what it is but at least it's guaranteed drops which leaves oberon as ironically maybe the biggest time waste on the list.

But honestly if you don't want to do any of them than don't.

9 hours ago, CrimsonDarkLord said:

• Harrow
  • Gauss
  • Oberon
  • Protea
  • Ash
  • Grendel

Subsuming every frame is like acquiring every frame

EVENTUALLY you will do it while you only will use few anyway and realize how stupid you are for doing it just to do it
I promise you no matter what ppl will tell you here that is exactly what we all feel and what you will feel when you do it also

Archived