Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma will cripple warframe

DogeManX

vor 14 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

I did read your whole wall of text so enjoy mine and maybe it will help you

BRAVO BRAVO big F***ing salut to you for that idea
Now imagine we have FOR EXAMPLE 6 hour craft time on forma (so it would be lowered almost 4x times) would you be the one sitting here on forums fighting off any1 that cry that they cant log in each 6h to craft forma and we should have auto crafting system?
Or would you pay the gap warframe makes on plat purchased formas and forma bundles from market with your own money so we all could still have F2P game?

But 1 thing that strikes me im also L1 you see and in my gameplay life i purchased only 5 forma bundles (15 forma) because friend told me there is discount for them atm but i quickly realized its waste of plat and you know what? Look at this
w9xQN3i.png
Even so we are both L1 i have more but please tell us how many days you have spent in warframe? Just so we can calculate how many days you wasted NOT crafting free forma
Cause i did ever since i understood if i craft them for a year i would have +/- 300 already (56+what you get from GFTL and sortie would go to your everyday use)

If player dont learn that he SHOULD craft at least 1 forma per day then whos fault it is for running low on forma?

I know all i wrote and will write below sounds mean but trust me im far from it
I would love lower craft timers but in a same way i would love auction house where i would not need to go to dojo and break my game plan of the day just to trade
While at the same time i would NOT WANT for crap that is worth 50p now would be 10 plat and we start selling 6 prime parts for for 1 plat since thats how prices would drop cause of auction house or even more

And you say your friends stopped playing warframe because they realized how much forma they would need to use on their crap? How long did they play?
20 days? 30? And you didnt teach them to craft 1 forma each day? Maybe thats the problem with them and not timers?

And you really care for ppl that quit so fast at grind based game anyway? That dont understand that you need constant progress to success in this game over getting most crap in 1 day? I sure dont

On top of that you are L1 how much plat do you have? Like something prevents you from buying forma bundles? Or what? I dont get it since so many players do it why you cant?
Because there is free alternative which consumes time? Whats the problem here?

I have almost 24k plat and 90% of it is from selling veiled rivens from sortie and syndicate weapons which i get from just playing the game while i cant craft anything more since i have all i could
Whats your excuse at MR L1?

Even better do you really need to forma every single crap you own? I have tons of weapons i only ranked to mr30 and never seen them again not to mention frames companions and other stuff

And kuva+tenet weapons do you know how much affinity that 10 extra levels give? And/or do you know that you can just rank them up to 30 and leave them for later when you have spare formas?

And you talk about low MR players realizing how much forma they need for kuva and tenet weapons and that is bad yet we waste much more formas on crap that we actually use like companions weapons frames we actually waste much more formas on them but holly molly tenet and kuva weapons my ow my?

If i crafted 1 forma from day1 or AT LEAST from 1st day i understood i will need many formas and constantly gaining them would help me by crafting 1 each day i would have over 900 CRAFTED FORMAS by now OR MORE i bet you also

So maybe instead of lower timers lets ask for some education (like a tip in foundry or mod screen) that we should craft 1 forma each day and darwin would do the rest

I feel like you found the problem that could be fixed very easily
But you found it in wrong place
And you want to fix it by incorrect means

Education is all we need

Way too real and way too many good arguments man, you don't belong here!

It is always the same. People don't understand that DE needs to get money out of this game as well. So they pick <DEs money machine XYZ>, demand to lower price,time, inconvenience, tell DE that lots of people will quit if they dont get it their way and if you meet them in game, totally forget  that they could farm plat and buy from the market (which is not too hard) and then they will tell you that they are "F2P only", because other people who put real money into this game are dumb LOL.

New players don't need that many Forma.  Honestly I woudn't be surprised if they don't need any.  Get yourself an all-around Warframe, get yourself a single all-around weapon, pop some potatos in them and then Forma to your level of comfort.  You can easily complete the entire Star Chart that way.

7小时前 , Prexades 说:

I don't think Forma is really that much of an issue, as the BP are easily available and you can just login a day and keep building them. 

Also a friendly reminder that Warframe app exists. If you have the BP you can build them on the go. 

i agree with everyone who said DE's goal is to make us play this game as long as possible, not as convenient as possible.

would i want faster, easier formas? yes i would thank you very much i would appreciate it.

do i need it? nah i'm actually doing just fine right now. with the right strategies, forma shouldn't be a problem for any smart players.

I average 30-40 fully crafted forma in my inventory at any given time. Always have one being made in the foundry.

It is amazing how fast you begin to acquire resources when you stop focusing on them so intensely.

Relax and take enjoyment from the gameplay.

The rest will follow.

13 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Way too real and way too many good arguments man, you don't belong here!

It is always the same. People don't understand that DE needs to get money out of this game as well. So they pick <DEs money machine XYZ>, demand to lower price,time, inconvenience, tell DE that lots of people will quit if they dont get it their way and if you meet them in game, totally forget  that they could farm plat and buy from the market (which is not too hard) and then they will tell you that they are "F2P only", because other people who put real money into this game are dumb LOL.

Requiring money is evil.

Wanting all the forma is natural.

People are bonkers.

9 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

I average 30-40 fully crafted forma in my inventory at any given time. Always have one being made in the foundry.

It is amazing how fast you begin to acquire resources when you stop focusing on them so intensely.

Relax and take enjoyment from the gameplay.

The rest will follow.

Yep, there is literally NO reason to forma the Kuva/tenet weapons 5X unless you want the mastery rank (like me). Most only need like, 2 tops and that's if you want EVERY single weapon. Heck, the Kuva grattler doesn't even NEED a forma, it's got 3 madurai already on it.

There is barely anything to actually spend plat on in this game, so a convenience option is fine. Just run a couple relic missions every few days, and keep building formas. The phone app allows you to do it without even logging in. I've gone a couple weeks not logging in but still building formas every day.

One day you'll have enough to randomly forma something 100x and not even worry about it. (like my Gara Prime <3 )

20 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

I do wonder how much money Tencent has made from people buying Forma thanks to the release of sisters of Parvos?

I'm guessing the next Plague Star will drop after the rush on tenet weapons has passed, but I'm still not expecting the event to include Forma in the event shop.

That would be a waste of so much potential profit.

It isnt like either system is new. We had multi-forma items during the last Plague Star aswell. An event that dropped a few months after Liches were introduced. Multi-forma items isnt some "Tencent" scheme either, it is something DE decided on way before their involvement quite obviously, since we've had both Liches and Necramechs long before the ownership changed.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It isnt like either system is new. We had multi-forma items during the last Plague Star aswell. An event that dropped a few months after Liches were introduced. Multi-forma items isnt some "Tencent" scheme either, it is something DE decided on way before their involvement quite obviously, since we've had both Liches and Necramechs long before the ownership changed.

Not to mention that adding that function to Necramechs was a later decision that was hotfixed in to resolve capacity problems. 

Granted they could have fixed it by lowering mod drain across the board. But the point still stands. 

11 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Not to mention that adding that function to Necramechs was a later decision that was hotfixed in to resolve capacity problems. 

Granted they could have fixed it by lowering mod drain across the board. But the point still stands. 

Yep, good point.

On 2021-08-23 at 1:51 AM, (XBOX)calvina said:

Gud stuff, although, a nice suggestion would be that forma packs should be an uncommon drop from relics,

Like,

Common - Forma BP

Uncommon -3x Forma BP (5x on vaulted relics)

As long as forma packs still take 1-2 days to make, it should ease the grind alittle.

I complained a while ago about uncommon forma being a thing. X3 would definitely ease the annoyance of that a little, or even it just be built already. Maybe even 1 hr build time

My forma production has gone up since downloading the app. Now, even when I don't have time to play on a day, I can still keep up with my daily forma building. I find that 1 forma a day isn't unfair. Stops me from doing the content too quickly. If I could craft more than 1 a day, I'd be done with the kuva and tenets already. The completionist in me likes that sound of that, but afterwards I'd feel way worse because now I'd be out of things to do. I get the impatience. I have a solo clan with all research done(and completed just by me) and getting all that forma was horrendously long. But waiting for all that forma actually made me a better player. Made me figure out other things to entertain myself while waiting on build timers, and also helped me play more efficiently try so I'm not wasting my own time

On 2021-08-23 at 11:13 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I think many people have a problem with patience and just want to rush everything so they can blame someone else for their problems

I doubt that is the case. A "lack of patience" can be "respect my spare time".

in the case of forma-ing weapons, you still have to pt them on 1 by 1, and then play the game to level them up. Something that takes an exponentially longer time with each forma added. The time constraint doesn't really come from the forma, but from playing.

So the forma build timegate is an annoyance that isn't really needed anyway. If anything it simply stops, or at least discourages, you from playing while it builds. I expect more stuff will require forma in the future - Paracesis. Kuva weapons, then Necramechs, then Tenet weapons, No doubt we'll see Orokin liches one day and Infested liches too, and they'll come with a heap of weapons that suck up those forma too.

Ranking the weapons up to 40 is important for mastery rank - you gain an extra 1000 points, which as the usual max is 3000 is a significant increase. I can see why people want to rank them up, especially the ones they do not like - they can then sell them and forget they ever existed once maxed. That's the way of MR.

2 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I doubt that is the case. A "lack of patience" can be "respect my spare time".

in the case of forma-ing weapons, you still have to pt them on 1 by 1, and then play the game to level them up. Something that takes an exponentially longer time with each forma added. The time constraint doesn't really come from the forma, but from playing.

So the forma build timegate is an annoyance that isn't really needed anyway. If anything it simply stops, or at least discourages, you from playing while it builds. I expect more stuff will require forma in the future - Paracesis. Kuva weapons, then Necramechs, then Tenet weapons, No doubt we'll see Orokin liches one day and Infested liches too, and they'll come with a heap of weapons that suck up those forma too.

Ranking the weapons up to 40 is important for mastery rank - you gain an extra 1000 points, which as the usual max is 3000 is a significant increase. I can see why people want to rank them up, especially the ones they do not like - they can then sell them and forget they ever existed once maxed. That's the way of MR.

MR is only needed to escape being locked out of certain things and to have more standing (before the standing update low MR standing was small amount). After that it's only human ego and individual idiosyncrasies that make people decide "I need to be MR 27 right now or I can't properly function in the world."

It's literally no ones obligation to cater to something that I made up in my head. 

I have multiple R5 Vox Solaris arcanes at MR21 which is what I only needed the MR for after MR 16 for rivens.

I haven't chased MR in 5 months and everything is fine. 

On 2021-08-23 at 2:25 AM, RichardKam said:

*inhale*

WHY would you forma EVERY kuva and tenet weapon 5 times over!?

Seriously, unless you want to install focus lens on every single one of them or you are a compulsory perfectionist, otherwise I see no gameplay reason to forma them 5 times. 

Each forma will reduce your mod drain while giving you extra capacity. Therefore it actually requires LESS forma to fully build a kuva or tenet variant compared to normal weapons. 

Because some of us are completionists. For me (and the majority of my fellow clan mates) is inevitable...and its one of the thing that makes me still want to play Warframe. The uncontrollable need to have all gear/warframes maxed up. Do i need that? No? But still have to do it...

Archived