Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market Website/App needs to be SHUTDOWN and new in-game Trading System MUST be Implemented

(XBOX)Nekros9528
Message added by Letter13,

Using Warframe.Market is not a violation of the Terms of Use Agreement/EULA; 'Trading items outside of the game' means trading for items, goods or currency that doesn't exist in the game, such as gift cards, items/cosmetics from other games, real money (RMT), or services like carrying through missions.

Moreover, Warframe.Market exists as a trading aid, to help users find partners with which to trade more easily. It is not a gold standard and players are not required to adhere to the prices listed on it. Use it if you want to or not; the trading system is a free market.

9 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Added an informational note to the top of the thread to clear up some misinformation posted in the start of the thread, specifically what 'items outside of the game' means. 

tl;dr using Warframe.Market is not an EULA/ToS violation, it's not trading 'items outside the game'.

The Office Reaction GIF

Just now, Lutesque said:

I can't even find Terry on The Plains sometimes....

That when I got into The Habbit of Marking him before grabbing any lures... 👀

I pop into archwing and fly up to find the glowing water portal immediately because nothing is more awkward than spending 2 minutes with your music paused trying to listen for its footsteps ^^;

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Welcome to real life. Warframe will never be an exception to the greediness of humanity. Market manipulation is widely acceptable as long as you're big enough before you commit it. 

Warframe.Market is moderated and they do make efforts to remove fake listings.

There's nothing you can do about a third party website that exists to just post listings. All the trading is still done in-game.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not exactly. Not that hard to realize when someone that's never online has some high price towards the bottom of the list when there's a bunch of people online or online in game with prices you probably just don't agree with. 

Conveniently no one ever gives specific examples because they know they'll just have logic thrown at them and will have to make an excuse to deny.

Warframe market has no moderation. I have a bid with 9999 sets of Atlas selling for 9999pl a few months ago and my bid has not been moderated because the warframe market cannot see how many sets I have in my account.

Any player with alt accouts can drive the market value down or up during the spawn events of any item, this causes illusion of value so most alt accouts buy the market and sell at the high value.

7 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

It would still happen even without the website due to player driven economy. The only way to prevent it is for DE to set the prices, but if they do that there is no point in trading between players and DE should just start selling everything for plat in the ingame shop...and that is when we get dangerously close to P2W territory.

I'm all for making trading a better experience, but the website doesn't break any rules unlike the OP is trying to claim. Making a solid argument is very important in getting others to support the idea.

I don't support the topic for permanent site removal, but warframe needs to have some backdoor to provide account information and better integrate exchanges between market apps.

1 hour ago, Famecans said:

Warframe market has no moderation. I have a bid with 9999 sets of Atlas selling for 9999pl a few months ago and my bid has not been moderated because the warframe market cannot see how many sets I have in my account.

Any player with alt accouts can drive the market value down or up during the spawn events of any item, this causes illusion of value so most alt accouts buy the market and sell at the high value.

I don't support the topic for permanent site removal, but warframe needs to have some backdoor to provide account information and better integrate exchanges between market apps.

Ok lol? Anyone with a modicum of common sense would ignore your listing anyway. Common sense would mean i can pick from the current list of online people selling from 40p to 150p.....as of this posting. Whether your 9999 is there or not doesn't matter. Do you think it does? 

And the market value fluctuates regardless of market.com. Atlas relics have been plentiful for a lot of my playtime. It was flooded awhile back and doesn't appear to be super popular.

Do you think hand holding is really needed for someone to determine that they should not buy Atlas prime for 150p? You can use trade or market to get Atlas for a normal price.

If warframe market has false bids and listings point them out to the site mods/staff? Thats if it has any.

I stopped using it as they werent updating the site with new items quickly.

False listings never bothered me at all. Trading halls can have bots buying and selling the same item over microseconds to produce the same price manipulation. (blade and soul recently had it happening with some really rare and expensive pets which pulled thier price down to just 30 gold).
So to say in the title warframe "must have a trading hall" hahaha...

The only way would be limiting items by trade volumes, amount of times it can be traded and prices. But that would add complexity to the system and may still be open to manipulation by the MMO cartels.

9 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Nice, but first submit your account information to a third party site. Because you have to be logged in to contact the moderators.

What account information ? is your in game name top secret or something ?

Also you can contact them by email, website or discord so stop the misinformation.

ok, I see that most of them don't understand the market, most still work in the market with unrealistic opinions.

the market value should work within the game or really connected to real game items, with real accounts and real items, this is the same as valuing hours played for any inexperienced novice player.

11 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

If warframe market has false bids and listings point them out to the site mods/staff? Thats if it has any.

I stopped using it as they werent updating the site with new items quickly.

False listings never bothered me at all. Trading halls can have bots buying and selling the same item over microseconds to produce the same price manipulation. (blade and soul recently had it happening with some really rare and expensive pets which pulled thier price down to just 30 gold).
So to say in the title warframe "must have a trading hall" hahaha...

The only way would be limiting items by trade volumes, amount of times it can be traded and prices. But that would add complexity to the system and may still be open to manipulation by the MMO cartels.

Fake listings don't bother you as you are not affected by them, so you use them as a technique to recognize real market value and also profit.

the problem with fake listings is that they affect anxious, innocent, inattentive players, these are the majority of players, these players are wasting game time as they sell rare pieces of unearned items in accounts to receive 20pl or a warframe space. anxiety manipulates the market in instants as the player wants to sell the item immediately.

On 2022-01-01 at 4:45 AM, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

The first rule of trading in Warframe is to only trade in-game items that are available in the trade window. Attempting to trade items outside of the game is considered a violation of the Terms of Service / EULA.

Warframe market website/app IS NOT official nor linked to the game.

With that in mind anyone and everyone who is using said website/app to trade is committing not only a violation against the games rules but also you are DISRUPTING IN-GAME ECONOMY by deceiving others into thinking that whatever price you see on the website/app applies to the game. 

A 3rd party trading platform that IS NOT official should not be trusted. The creation of fake accounts to diminish, increase and overall manipulate the prices of items is possible to happen.

Developers needs to implement a AUCTION HOUSE or any other simpler in-game trading platform.

The toxicity of in-game trading is too high solely because of this unofficial 3rd party trading platform. Hopefully Warframe takes measures against this. Many players are tired of hearing "But in wArFrAMe mArKeT it's worth 10p you sCAmMeR". 

Happy new year to the good players and traders.

With Warframe.market, players are still trading IN-GAME. Players do not gain anything outside the game via warframe.market. Your logic is totally flawed. Do you hate market economy? Do you abhor the free market system of Warframe trading? Warframe.market does not execute any in-game trading itself. 

As of toxicity, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? All prices are transparent on the Market and all in-game trading are initiated by buyers and sellers at AGREED prices. 

If there is no warframe.market providing transparent and real-time pricing based on FREE MARKET, there will be a lot more scams. Without warframe.market, how do you tell how much an item should be sold or priced? 

One question...

3 hours ago, George_PPS said:

With Warframe.market, players are still trading IN-GAME. Players do not gain anything outside the game via warframe.market. Your logic is totally flawed. Do you hate market economy? Do you abhor the free market system of Warframe trading? Warframe.market does not execute any in-game trading itself. 

As of toxicity, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? All prices are transparent on the Market and all in-game trading are initiated by buyers and sellers at AGREED prices. 

If there is no warframe.market providing transparent and real-time pricing based on FREE MARKET, there will be a lot more scams. Without warframe.market, how do you tell how much an item should be sold or priced? 

... What's with the shiny blue color?

Still, it has to be shut down due to the toxicity and in-game trading disruptions it creates.

"LMFAO IN WF MARKET IT'S WORTH 10P YOU SCAMMER" "WF MARKET SAYS ITS WORTH 5P LEARN THE PRICES KID" "WF MARKET HAS IT FOR 1P I'LL REPORT YOU"  

I never heard of any FREE MARKET that is directly influenced by outside 3rd party sources.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

Still, it has to be shut down due to the toxicity and in-game trading disruptions it creates.

Here's a small secret:
Toxic people are going to be toxic, doesn't matter if the platform stays up or not.

Just ignore the toxic people and move on.

I never heard of any FREE MARKET that is directly influenced by outside 3rd party sources.

Define: "outside 3rd party sources"
Because depending on your definition there are plenty of real world markets that are directly influenced by "outside 3rd party sources"....such as how the stock market can (and does) influence a ton of things outside of the stock market.

Or how some countries peg their currency on other countries currency (most commonly the dollar) for determining the worth of their money and if something bad happens in the second country it negatively impacts them directly.

Then there are other examples of say the news can cause panics which result in shortages and mass price gouging in large areas...such as what happened at the start of the pandemic.  And personally I would consider the news to be pretty "outside 3rd party" compared to stores and supply chains.

Which has nothing to do with WF.Market and all to do with intentionally inconvenient trading. Any trading that isn't done anonymously and automatically will always have "toxicity". Even real world trading is "toxic".

For a Warframe example, content creators have been responsible for increase in prices of rivens for specific weapons. Youtube is a 3rd party site that's been used to cause inflated prices. I also fail to see how any "3rd party source" impacting pricing is a bad thing to a "free market" when DE [the government] can artificially destroy or create markets at will, with no complaints from you. Even less of an issue when it's not as if WF.Market is a single entity, but a portion of the community self regulating, which is what a "free market" is.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

"LMFAO IN WF MARKET IT'S WORTH 10P YOU SCAMMER" "WF MARKET SAYS ITS WORTH 5P LEARN THE PRICES KID" "WF MARKET HAS IT FOR 1P I'LL REPORT YOU"  

Oh so you decided to Come Back....

I admire your Tenacity, Tenno 👍 !!!

I support the inclusion of an in game marketplace mostly for the massive 10/10 QOL feature it would be.

as a seller you have to stand around doing nothing waiting for people to message you for your stuff to sell and then HOPE all the game systems work  without a hitch

(seriously I have had stuff like invited randomly not work while trying to buy, on top of human errors that may occur)

as a buyer you have to talk to a stranger (oof) then wait for an hour while they "just finish this one mission" only for them to go offline without them messaging again (big oooof)

it is dumbfounding why they would still try force people to interact this way, it is not a good, fun interactive experience for anyone!! an in-game market could still encourage interaction via in game messaging people for discounts deals etc.

tldrI Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

The website is badass and helps keep prices down.  I can list an item and either show myself invisible or visible.  It sells very fast and I can find items I need quickly without having to deal with trade chat (which is beyond horrible and the reason my ignore list is capped).  I've never been ripped off and can always find a fair price. 

Sounds like OP wants to over price their goods and mad they cant rip people off because someone else out there willing to sale cheaper.  An auction house would take away time developers need to work on actual content and could really destroy the price of everything since listing would presumably be easier.  It could also be more of a pain if constantly have to refresh and relist or limit the number of items on it.  

If its the same as website, what is the point?  The website is remarkably easy to use.  The riven trading website is also very useful.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The more influences there are on a market, the more "free" it is.

WF cosmetics are a closed market. You pay X plat or Y dollars for cosmetic items and the prices are what they are. Take them or leave them. Prime parts cost X from a prime bundle, Y from Varzia, Z from a friend in your clan, MNLOP from randos at Maroo's, trade chat, WFmarket, a squadmate who was cracking relics who had spares when you lamented that the part you wanted didn't drop in the radshare, or someone in region chat pinged you after you complained afterwards that you hadn't gotten the part in 20 runs.

It can also cost OMGWTFBBQ from a scammer in chat hoping some clueless noob that hasn't done any research will bite on their ridiculous asking price if they're the only person advertising that particular part in trade chat for the 10 minutes they've been looking. The more you post in this thread, the more it makes you look like one of these possibilities than the others.

3 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I support the inclusion of an in game marketplace mostly for the massive 10/10 QOL feature it would be.

as a seller you have to stand around doing nothing waiting for people to message you for your stuff to sell and then HOPE all the game systems work  without a hitch

(seriously I have had stuff like invited randomly not work while trying to buy, on top of human errors that may occur)

as a buyer you have to talk to a stranger (oof) then wait for an hour while they "just finish this one mission" only for them to go offline without them messaging again (big oooof)

it is dumbfounding why they would still try force people to interact this way, it is not a good, fun interactive experience for anyone!! an in-game market could still encourage interaction via in game messaging people for discounts deals etc.

tldrI Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

I totally forgot in all the Drama that this was the whole point of this thread... And you know what... It sounds like it would be nice...

Unfortunately OP killed all hope of that Happening when he/she tried lie about How WFM works.... 👀

On 2022-01-01 at 12:45 PM, (XBOX)Nekros9528 said:

deceiving others into thinking that whatever price you see on the website/app applies to the game. 

The toxicity of in-game trading is too high solely because of this unofficial 3rd party trading platform. Hopefully Warframe takes measures against this. Many players are tired of hearing "But in wArFrAMe mArKeT it's worth 10p you sCAmMeR". 

There tends to always be those people why will cry scammer or threaten to destroy your stuff because you don't adhere to some external/internal pricing guide.

My answer has always simply been "don't like my price then go somewhere else or buy it and resell it". If the want to get toxic about it then I'll be taking screenshots of the conversation.  

A 3rd party trading platform that IS NOT official should not be trusted. The creation of fake accounts to diminish, increase and overall manipulate the prices of items is possible to happen.

I forget what the first game was but also with STO I was in a clan that managed to manipulate the auction house to inflate prices by buying and selling items/currency with and without bot accounts. So yes that can happen regardless of platform. At least with the way WF Market works (non-automated auction house)it's a lot harder and even more so without WF Market.

Developers needs to implement a AUCTION HOUSE or any other simpler in-game trading platform.

I've always said just add the features of WF Market into the game. DE could do an Auction house however there is a chance that the prices would drop dramatically, stay about the same or increase to high levels. The main thing to keep in mind is that we are trading in real money currency not a simple in-game earnable currency. 

I'm always for an in-game automated trading system, where you can list and buy items, without requiring players to meet up for the transaction.

Games that try to enforce some sort of economy by making trade difficult to increase the prices of items (not due to rarity of items, or a lack of willing sellers/buyers), always draw my ire. (Path of Exile, evil game, with a similar problem, for instance.)

I've never used Path of Exile's 3rd party website, but I have used Warframe's because it let me earn Platinum without spending money early on. Now, I've just bought some random plat+accessory deals in the Playstation store, so I have plenty of plat for stuff like slots, and I don't worry about "making plat" through the horrible system in place now... this would have occurred regardless of how bad trade is, in my case, because I wanted those exclusive accessories... the plat just sweetened the deal - just in case someone tries to say "their plan worked as intended then: you bought plat instead of using the intentionally inconvenient player trade system.")

Archived