Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

My main issue with Revenant is his 1st and 3rd ability.

While Thralls sounds like a great idea they tend to die quickly. Either my your team or the enemies team. They really don't prove any value for the ability currently. I think making Reventant be more like Alaric in Starcraft 2 - Co-op commander 

Basically he has skills similar to Reventant in that he uses "Acolytes" to essentially power him.

When he takes damage his acolyte kills him self to heal Alarak.  Which I think would be far more useful use of thralls. You create thralls to essentially keep you alive. Anytime you take damage they instnatly die to heal you.

I would change Reap ( 3rd ability ) 

To make it more fitting its name. When he dashes he creates a "zone" of ghost hands that come from the ground. that sucks the souls of enemies that walk on it. This "Empowers" revenants damage, getting a damage boost of 3% per enemy that is caught in his hands. If a thrall walks over his Reap the damage boost is 10%. Maximum of upto 300%

Damage stacks last for 7s from the last kill not affected by duration mods. 

As somebody who uses 27" monitors professionally (I'm a print designer) and for gaming purposes at home, if you're having eye-strain from too much movement, sit further back.

I know it's not exactly helpful in the game sense, but if you're close enough to be getting strain from eye-movement, or a headache from spinning lasers, it might be simply that you've got the wrong posture for it ^^

3 hours ago, Dopekoke said:

In options, there is a way to make the HUD itself smaller meaning, closer to the center but it would be nice if, just like with Nekros' shadows, the number of thralls can be on the ability itself just like mesmer skin is.

That is kind a nuclear solution. Like killing a fly with a flamethrower so hopefully it can just be on or closer to the power bar.

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

As somebody who uses 27" monitors professionally (I'm a print designer) and for gaming purposes at home, if you're having eye-strain from too much movement, sit further back.

I know it's not exactly helpful in the game sense, but if you're close enough to be getting strain from eye-movement, or a headache from spinning lasers, it might be simply that you've got the wrong posture for it ^^

I'm already sitting 2 feet 4 inches away from the monitor I won't be able to read things properly if I sit further away and messing with the dpi settings of fonts kronks up all sorts of things in games.

The flashing lights from the spinning lasers gives me headaches just like eidolon's concentric circle howls and octavias pulsing rings, sitting farther away doesn't help that; wearing sunglasses does a little. I'd assume that's a photosensitivity issue rather than an eye strain issue.

Warframes HUD has always been a tiring one spread out to the four corners like it is with no options to modify locations, but revenants is especially bad because his duration for stuff is pretty low even with primed duration so you have to flip back and forth constantly. 

Honestly, following his HUD is not as bad as Octavia’s. When playing a Survival with her, you would have Numbers all over the Screen. Top, bottom, left side, and right side while you try to pay attention where the enemies are so you don’t get killed and have colors in front of you. 

Thralls are immune to Saryn's Spores?

Is this a glitch or intentional?

I just got out of an interception game where as Saryn, I was unable to cast spores or spread them to enthralled enemies.

Was actually pretty annoying considering how each new enemy spawn group was almost immediately all thralls, couldn't build up any spore counter that game.

Considering you can damage thralls by other means I'm assuming inability to cast spores on them is a glitch?

Are any other warframe abilities similarly affected?

2 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Thralls are immune to Saryn's Spores?

Is this a glitch or intentional?

I just got out of an interception game where as Saryn, I was unable to cast spores or spread them to enthralled enemies.

Was actually pretty annoying considering how each new enemy spawn group was almost immediately all thralls, couldn't build up any spore counter that game.

Considering you can damage thralls by other means I'm assuming inability to cast spores on them is a glitch?

Are any other warframe abilities similarly affected?

Oh boo hoo. A saryn has been mildly inconvenienced and had to use their mouse for once.

Serious answer: this may be a good compromise for thralls. Removing passive dmg, but only allowing active. Still doesn't help with all the aoe weapons out there. But still helps. More work still needs to be done. Can't wait to hear an update...

Il y a 18 heures, Madway7 a dit :

And please fix it

Nullifiers and Ballistas can 1 shot Revenant through Mesmer Skin 

Nullifier attacks do not consume Mesmer Skin charges

Note: I have found out that the 1 shot issue only applies if you are alone in the mission. 

it's not just nullies and ballistas, it's anything that deals damage on a hit above his total current EHP+shields.

This bug or "feature" makes mesmer skin basicly there to prevent damage at lower to mid levels (and you still risk gettting onshot if you take some damage) but you'll still get oneshot at some point.

(reposting at the end of the thread so that they can hopefully see this and fix it)

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SSI_Seraph said:

it's not just nullies and ballistas, it's anything that deals damage on a hit above his total current EHP+shields.

This bug or "feature" makes mesmer skin basicly there to prevent damage at lower to mid levels (and you still risk gettting onshot if you take some damage) but you'll still get oneshot at some point.

(reposting at the end of the thread so that they can hopefully see this and fix it)

Oh ok, but the bug definitely seems isolated to being alone. Had a friend come over in the Simulacrum and Mesmer Skin worked fine under the same conditions.

Also tried to solo MOT and had the issues, but with a friend Mesmer Skin worked on everything except the grenades the enemies throw.

On 2018-09-22 at 4:24 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

i see people still do not understand that EIDOLON is not a faction. it is a type of Sentient. Sentient is a faction it consists of: Oculyst, Battalyst, Conculyst, Mimic, Vomvalyst, Teralyst, Gantulyst, and Hydrolyst.

both Reave and Danse Macabre are vomvalyst and Battalyst skills which are Sentient faction abilities. Enthrall and Mesmer Skin are the vampire skills. the skills fit the theme.

Mesmer skin needs to be able to block more kinds of damage it lets too many random kinds of damage through still to a point where id rather them remove the charges and just make it damage reduction. enthrall for the love of god needs ally damage immunity (dont know why DE is dancing around this). all his skills need animation speed up except DM.

Eidolons are a specific result of a specific event, they are Sentient as in that is what their living parts are; but they are not Sentient as in the faction as a whole, since the mind of the original is destroyed. When we discuss something like moves themed off an Eidolon, it needs to be specific to this essentially "undead Sentient". Unlike Hunhnow who is the whole of the none Eidolon examples in your post, The Eidolons are still living parts of a dead Giant Sentient; Hunhow has a disabled main body but he is fully alive and uses his shards to attack in his stead. Everything that made the Giant Sentient a unique individual is dead, gone boomy from that Void bomb Gara and Unum snuck into its core. Not only that, Eidolons are unique to the Plains, and didn't occur otherwise so we have a very specific organism type broken off from the rest without the upper functioning reasoning of something like Hunhow or Natah. One can't compare what Hunhow's shards can do, as they are not related outside their super family being Sentient.

Reave is a mix of vampire and Vomvalyst charge, doing neither fully; Mesmer skin is trying to evoke the Eidolon defenses if you go for some or the vampire's immunity to normal weapon by going mist form and doing neither fully. Entrall doesn't show any parallel to Eidolons at all, since not only do they lack the upper reasoning to control machinery with the death of their mind, but Sentient have no ability to control organics and so that has to go squarely among vampire theme. The Danse Macabre at best likens to the Gantulyst Disco Ball version of skyfall which doesn't require the Eidolon's input, since its separate. To be fair Mirage imitates this better and came before the Gantulyst. Killing his thralls being at best a reference to again, the Gantulyst's Fire Pillars caused by his version of the Ground Stomp. Not really equivalent but vampires tend to burn in sunlight so maybe that is a dual reasoning for it.

I could agree with Mesmer Skin needing to block more damage sources and that currently too much gets through. Perhaps Iron Skin would be better, perhaps this version if improved would offer something that Iron Skin can't; complete negation of one attack no matter how strong (or weak) giving it an odd weakness to rapid fire sources but great staying power against slow semi auto sources. I would also agree on it needing a faster animation or the ability to recast for refreshing if nothing else as enemies are quite able to rip down the skin within a quick volley during the cast animation alone.

20 energy per second is too much. For anyone who wants to use the ability consistently they have to use both efficiency mods just to bring it down to a manageable state. It’s unecessary and heavy handed and with the massive reduction of duration fleeting expertise gives it actively hinders his other ability’s.

reduce the Energy cost to 15. That’s all I ask.

• Like 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

reduce the Energy cost to 15. That’s all I ask.

Build health, Rage/Hunter and QT if you wish to (actual alternative to the mist eather way)

You'll not even run out of energy pressing the fire button like that....

I've had beef with a few things about him so far but the efficiency definitly wasn't among them. Plus there's no benefit to anything but balancing his duration... reave becomes uncontrollable with even 150% duration.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Airwolfen:

DE does not want people to be in danse permanently. So the high drain is just doing its job.

Oh you can allready but you need to build for it of course.. what can't really be the issue with the minor stat requirements of his.

I mean range? Unnecessary. You can even go negative and don't feel much of a difference. Duration? I've tried narrow mindet but decidet against it cause reave threw me across the map. That leaves you with stats, efficiency and strength.... basicly a build that lets you channel danse at all times no problem.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

9 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Oh ok, but the bug definitely seems isolated to being alone. Had a friend come over in the Simulacrum and Mesmer Skin worked fine under the same conditions.

Also tried to solo MOT and had the issues, but with a friend Mesmer Skin worked on everything except the grenades the enemies throw.

I did some testing to see what you said is actually the case. From my test I can definately confirm that this is the case.

• Like 1

Its, literaly, one of the best scaling-aoe-damage powers, that deals insane numbers of damage. It cant be perfect, Warframes need to have a downside on their powers. You can still refilling you energy pool whit Rage, Energy Orbs or Arcane Energize.

DE dont want again another "Press(number of the ability)to win" (Like the old Mesa). The insane drain its pretty necesary, even considering how powerful it is.

• Like 2

+60-70 (or 75 sometimes) Efficiency and adding some Duration back is a pretty core staple of Energy Drain Abilities.
you're already doing the exact same thing with all other Energy Drain Abilities (well, you should be) anyways.

alternatively, Energize bypasses everything in the game. Energy on Health Damage bypasses most things in the game.
Red Veil/Suda Syndicate Explosions normally are really great but since this is an Ability Weapon they don't apply here.

Edited by taiiat

9 hours ago, Urlan said:
9 hours ago, Urlan said:

I could agree with Mesmer Skin needing to block more damage sources and that currently too much gets through. Perhaps Iron Skin would be better, perhaps this version if improved would offer something that Iron Skin can't; complete negation of one attack no matter how strong (or weak) giving it an odd weakness to rapid fire sources but great staying power against slow semi auto sources. I would also agree on it needing a faster animation or the ability to recast for refreshing if nothing else as enemies are quite able to rip down the skin within a quick volley during the cast animation alone.

I think most of these things that go through mesmer skin are just part of the bugs it has. But in a multiplayer session it seems to work fine for the most part strangely. It's pretty strange that this simple ability can be extremely buggy.Anyways here is my theory as to why it doesn't work properly.

theory 1: Anything that mesmer skin can't reflect its damage back at seems to ignore it and pierce right through. Environmental damage seems to prove this as its damage has nowhere to be reflected back at. But what about lancer grenades? Those bypass mesmer skin and yet they come directly from the lancer. Does this mean that these grenades in a sense count as environmental damage or is there something else amidst that I may have missed? For now I assume its because it counts as environmental damage.

Now onto second part of this theory involving the whole mesmer skin failing solo and working in multiplayer. Now everybody here who's played revenant is very well aware of the bug that makes insta-kill single shots bypass mesmer skin. But I'm sure most of you haven't heard of how it works almost perfectly fine in multiplayer sessions. Now for why this is the case I'm about to explain. Now keep in mind that may sound very strange, but this is the closest thing I can connect it without chalking it off as some weird network thing.

I think the reason why is because of the bleedout state. I believe the bleedout state is taken into account by mesmer skin and in a sense giving the ability an infinite ehp pool to work off of. My reason for this is because technically when you're bleeding out you're not dead, just on the verge of death. So this could mean that if this bug isn't fixed by the time elite alerts come out this can be proven or disproven. Elite alerts if I'm correct don't have bleedout states enabled. So in theory playing elite alerts with people will have the same insta-kill effect accur through mesmer skin as if being played solo.

Edit: I forgot that my theory can actually be tested now. The last person who is alive don't go into a downed state when everybody else is dead or downed.

Edit 2: I just tested it and I can safely confirm this theory of mine true. I will make a seperate thread about this with video proof if needed be.

Edited by (XB1)ultamite hero
  • Like 1