[DE]Rebecca

Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop

4 hours ago, 45uka said:

[Titania's] damage and survivability really fell off in long survival missions.

Her Dex Pixia, when modded properly for crit/status with corrosive, absolutely rips things apart in long survivals.  She just needs her Tribute to be worth anything at those levels (for god's sake stop making me go in and pick up the damn thing first of all) and a way for her Lantern to just stay exactly where it is.  This tether keeping it from going too high off the ground is a step in the right direction, go.  And I don't care if her razorfly damage falls off, but for god's sake give the things a better way to survive and let me replenish them without leaving Razorwing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1. Please let psychic bolts armor/shield strip stack or reach 100% strip from power strength. Similar to ash Seeking Shuriken.

2. Have the mind controlled enemy also absorb the status chance and status types your weapon has because flat damage would not be effective in the high levels unless her 2 could give full armor/shield strips. But even then a lot of energy would be needed to psychic bolt all of the different enemies.

3. May her 4's explosion have a 100% status chance? Also, is it possible for the range on it to be higher? At the moment it only affects very nearby enemies. I'm not asking for a room clearer but just a range boost to where it's very reasonable. At the moment the enemies have to be too close for it to even cc or graze them.

Are we going to get some sort of "Vacuum" for Titania tho? It´s kind of annoying having to fly so close to the ground to loot, I feel like we should be able to loot more easily if we are playing with a Sentinel or Pet. 

Edited by Lelinyth

1 hour ago, Lelinyth said:

Are we going to get some sort of "Vacuum" for Titania tho? It´s kind of annoying having to fly so close to the ground to loot, I feel like we should be able to loot more easily if we are playing with a Sentinel or Pet. 

it's literally part of the very first post in this thread

• Haha 2

So I was looking at the Greek Mythology, which I suppose inspired the Nyx Warframe.

" Nyx (/nɪks/;[1] Greek: Νύξ, Nyks, "Night";[2] Latin: Nox) is the Greek goddess (or personification) of the night. A shadowy figure,
Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation and mothered other personified deities such as Hypnos (Sleep) and Thanatos (Death),
with Erebus (Darkness). Her appearances are sparse in surviving mythology, but reveal her as a figure of such exceptional power and beauty that she is feared by Zeus himself.

Nyx was described as a churning figure of ash and smoke, as big as the Athena Parthenos statue (which was 40 feet tall), but very much alive.
Her dress was void black, mixed with the colors of a space nebula as if galaxies were being born in her bodice.
Her face was hard to see except for the pinpoints of her eyes, which shone like quasars. When her wings beat, waves of darkness rolled over the cliffs.
She rode in on a chariot that was made out of Stygian Iron pulled by two massive horses that were black except for their silver fangs.
Their legs floated in the abyss turning from solid to smoke as they moved.

As one of the Protogenoi, Nyx is an extremely powerful goddess, and therefore feared by many Titans and Giants.
Zeus himself feared her enough to retract all threats against Hypnos, despite the god of Sleeps pranks allowing Hera to undermine Zeus' lovelife."

Her Abilities according to greek mythology

1. Umbrakinesis: As the Protogenos of Night, Nyx has divine authority and absolute control over shadows and darkness.
  2. Darkness Generation: Nyx can shoot solid bolts of darkness and surround enemies in pitch-black clouds of dark space.
  3. Dark Shield Construction: Nyx can solidify shadows into virtually impenetrable shields.
  4. Darkness Healing: Nyx is able to heal minor injuries sustained by herself and others using darkness.
  5. Shadow Camouflage: Nyx can use shadows to cover herself in darkness to become invisible.
  6. Shadow Mimicry: Nyx is able to morph into (living) darkness or shadow.
  7. Shadow Travel: Nyx is able to travel anywhere she desired at incredible speeds through shadows.
  8. Night Vision: Nyx is able to see clearly in even total darkness.
  9. Night Empowerment: Nyx becomes stronger at night or in dark places (e.g. Tartarus).
  10. Circadian Manipulation: Nyx is capable of controlling the movement and rotation of planets, which enables her to change the flow of night and day.
  11. Control of Nocturnal Animals: Nyx is able to control nocturnal animals, such as owls and bats."

TL/DR: Nyx should be way more badass...
Let's use this to inspire some changes to the Nyx Warframe :laugh:

passive maybe give Nyx a change to have bullets pass through her

New effects for her powers:

Dark shadowy-foggy effects,  with energy color at the edges and ghostly sound effects.

1 Bolts -> Nyx can shoot solid bolts of darkness.  No other complaints here the new debuff is something I'm looking forward to.

2 mind control
This doesn't really fit the theme…

Let’s get a new power!
Shadowwalk
Disappear into Nyx shadow! Players touching Nyx shadow get healed and enemies can’t see players standing in Nyx' shadow.

Mucho energy drain, and it could basically work like the hydroid's puddle but to heal teammates. A faster movement speed than the puddle and being able to "jump" to other shadows would give it some fun. Jumping to enemy shadows and emerging could make it possible to appear behind enemies and stealth kill them. Large distances would mean's large energy drain, but don’t make this too slow… because you should be able to go fast and it should be necessary to come out of the shadow to stealth-kill an enemy. Make it risky not completely op. Great for shenanigans! Obviously, it should not be possible to kill 87 enemies in one go.

Should give you a nice stalker-thrill, because if you pop out of an enemies shadow when he turns it’ll be all alerts and confusion.

3 Chaos: Let's change the effets here too!
It should be more like Nyx confuses enemies with shadows.
I imagine little shadow Nyxies with glowing eyes sitting on enemies and poking/distracting them (cute and creepy, Yay!)
Shadows attach to enemies confusing them and making them attack each other. Mostly the same but new effects.

4 Absorb: Set her free!
Lets you create a larger shadow Nyx which aggros enemies and draws fire and move to masses of enemies. Instead of being boringly immobile or slow poking around.
At the depletion of her energy or ending it, the shadow bursts into shadow-tendrils these home in on enemies and return the stored DMG.
Please make sure, that void DMG can be loaded into this too!
Other abilities should be usable at the same time, since the player Nyx is free! (and killable, booo!)
The mod could be used to makes more killer-tendrils 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would love to see this in game. Especially 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Jensethi:

Dark shadowy-foggy effects,  with energy color at the edges and ghostly sound effects.

and

vor einer Stunde schrieb Jensethi:

I imagine little shadow Nyxies with glowing eyes sitting on enemies and poking/distracting them (cute and creepy, Yay!)

Sadly I fear, they won't do such a dramatic change for her and she will be one of those frames whose name doesn't fit her theme ...😭

I'm actually surprised they haven't amended the razerwing butterflys not regenerating issue yet. They're great for low lvl dmg, but they're integral for late level survival as they distract enemies.

Side note, I want a few Titania butterflies in my orbiter XD

• Upvote 2

On 2018-11-28 at 1:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

REWORK UPDATE!

So we have been looking at your responses in this thread, and have made some additional adjustments, based on your feedback. These developments are still being tested, and we want to thank you all for your valuable feedback!

Additional Nyx Changes:

• Mind Control can now be cast while moving, and no longer halts Nyx in her tracks!
  • The cast time for Mind Control has been decreased, so you can better use the 4-second window to ‘power up’ your new minion!
  • Nyx’s passive ability to make enemies miss will be deactivated when she is using Absorb, meaning no shot will be wasted!

Additional Titania Changes:

• Baseline Energy Capacity increased to hit 225 at Max rank.
  • The energy cost for Tribute has been decreased from 50 to 25.

Work continues, and we are very excited to bring these changes to you!

Just letting you all know, we have added some additional changes to this rework post, based on your feedback! See above, or see the original post!

Keep your thoughts coming, folks!

• Like 4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Just letting you all know, we have added some additional changes to this rework post, based on your feedback! See above, or see the original post!

Will Aviator/Agility Drift have any affect on Razorwing to provide some use in the mod and a niche?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Those are not part of the current changes added to my knowledge. I will pass it up the chain as a suggestion though!

• Like 4
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

il y a 12 minutes, [DE]Bear a dit :

Nyx's debuff is still not as good as it seems because it's still random and only hits a limited number of targets based on the dev stream showcase. if it hits the butchers and leaves the bombard then it didn't really do the job and you're gonna need to spam and rely on RNG.

Titania's buffs as still worthless by nature tbh and she still needs to go pick them up. They should at least be vacuumed if they're not gonna change the worst ones (a 25% slow at 10m seems rather counter-intuitive for a squishy frame only relying on RNG with accuracy debuffs for her survivability, or a reflect with no multiplier at all)

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Upvote 1

Titania's buffs still seem anemic, though the energy changes help some to justify casting them. If Entangle had a wider radius, if Thorns had a high status chance, if Fullmoon gave companions some survivability in the form of damage reduction - then you'd have something.

The increased energy pool is great, for a frame that's such a caster by nature she always seemed limited in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

The issues i find with Titania are largely survival based.

• Outside razorwing she dies too fast. My solution has been to mod her entirely around duration to extend the life of Razorwing. This has a huge side effect though which is the casting range of her abilities are sub 50 metres with narrow minded. Further more most of her tribute abilities are virtually useless with such a big hit to range. Meaning the only viable playstyle i've found for titania at high levels is building around her 4th ability.

Anyone of the following suggestions would likely be adequate to me.

• increase the casting range of Tribute and Lantern to 50 metres. While the range of both skills increased to 40 metres.
  • Increasing base health, armor, shields or agility
  • Additional energy might help the situation given i might be able to switch flow with a range mod now but that still leaves me with very bad range on the ability.
  • Reduce the energy per second drain on Titania while in Razorwing.

Reducing energy drain in razorwing is my preferred solution as i'd love to swap some of my duration mods for range in favor of being able to cast more abiltiies more often. Promoting a more active playstyle.

Edited by CarrotSalad
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:
  • Outside razorwing she dies too fast. My solution has been to mod her entirely around duration to extend the life of Razorwing. This has a huge side effect though which is the casting range of her abilities are sub 50 metres with narrow minded. Further more most of her tribute abilities are virtually useless with such a big hit to range. Meaning the only viable playstyle i've found for titania at high levels is building around her 4th ability.

just a note about tribute: it's aura ranges,as far as i tested and checked on the wiki, are fixed and unmoddable, so the actual auras don't lose range from narrow minded.

What gets gimped is the range at wich is possible to cast tribute on enemies (literally in their faces) and that Lantern's already ineffective CC range gets completely invalidated, making it no better than Spellbind...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Nice new changes, Titania changes pretty much hit all points I've post in a few places, even got the same energy amount. hypers

Nyx getting cast times that don't waste the 4 seconds is thoughtful too.

Though I'd say that for me Absorb will still feel like it's not very useful and extremely hard to make proper use of it, since the only change is to damage, while damage wasn't the main issue, it's usefulness and simplicity is. So I will just quote myself about Nyx's Absorb (even though that might have a wrong part in it but the ability still is only, in useful scenarios, half useful and the other half fells wasted).

On 2018-11-28 at 6:35 PM, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

So, the same but it accumulates different damage types? If the same, meh.
I'd say that's a nice change, but alone, not really since you lose Absorb charge very easily (or your team kill every close and you just stood there doing nothing for... almost no reason at all). I'd say it could be better if we could use part of the charged amount to fire a projectile with small AoE, this way she could defend target and still have an offensive method based on the absorbed damage. Kinda like Garuda in a way, but instead of using extra energy to multiply the damage you have, Nyx just charges the projectile with absorbed damage (so you can fire but keep what you want for the radial). That way it becomes less of "I'll stay here waiting to charge and HOPE I don't lose the charge", to "protecc but also atacc".

On 2018-12-03 at 12:14 PM, Gamma745 said:

Dust: Accuracy debuff sound fun on paper, but hard to use in practice. Seeing the enemies kept on missing you could be amusing, but essentially relying on RNG for survival is not that good, especially if it's just a 50/50 chance. Maybe increase the percentage to 70% or more?

Accuracy reduction is not very effective for higher level enemies; additionally, the 30m effect range that can't be affected by mod is a joke in open world. I hope DE could make it a 50 or 70% dodging chance instead.

On 2018-12-03 at 12:14 PM, Gamma745 said:

Thorns: Damage reflections have so far been proven unreliable here in Warframe. Even with 100% damage redirection (see what happened when Chaos is used), it will take the enemies some time to kill themselves, even without Armor. Maybe if it came with a Damage reduction to the Frames with the same percentage value, it could be used as a survival tool

Maybe changing thorns into damage reduction would be more reliable. "Reflect" means we must take damage first to hurt enemies. This is quite unsuitable for a fragile frame like Titania. Hoping DE could take more look into this.

Edited by llorange
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sounds like all of the Tribute/reflect damage feedback has been ignored. 25% reflect damage on 100 damage to a mob that has 30,000 HP is nothing. Useless, Tribute is a nice to have ability but is more like a "Why would I use this?" ability.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Awesome, now make her Tribute buffs worth grabbing (the companion buff now affecting her razorflies is nice.) Her base energy being increased is going to be VERY welcome.

Appreciate the heads up.

Edit: Any chance at aviator working with razorwing? Or Razorwing being allowed to interact with objects?

Edit: Here I will explain why I dislike the buffs.

Dust - keep as-is:it reduces enemy accuracy by 50%!

So, a 50/50 chance i die. Titania is pretty squishy after all. A proposed solution is to let hr use Aviator in Razorwing form. She already has to use a channel ability that's a departure from normal gameplay movement plus mod FOR razorwing. If it feels a little OP at level 40 that's OK now since we have a variety of sceneros that aren't Endless dependant that go up far higher.

Thorns - increase to 50% of damage reflected back to the attacker!

Unless it's Octavia's Mallet warframe has never done damage reflect in any meaningful way. Plus, seriously, a damage reflect buff being cast by and thus likely given to, a frame that dies when you sneeze at her? Meaning she can't get hit to even reflect that damage? Proposed solution is to scrap and come up with something else, or have this buff add all incoming damage as a growing multiplier for your own weapons fire similar to how nyx's mind control goon gains a multiplier based on damage taken. That way even though Titania herself really won't benefit, someone like Oberon who can take a few hits, will.

Entangle - keep as-is: one Entangle tribute slows an enemy by 25%!

This one would actually be pretty handy, but as of right now the radius is ten meters around titania. That's less than vacuum/fetch's range. Proposed Solution is to bump it up to 20 meter base and allow it to be affected (both positively and negatively) affected by range mods. Given currently titania builds focus on maxing duration to keep razorwing lasting longer, this would mean even a sub 100% range build should give 'OK' range of enemies being slowed.

Fullmoon - the 75% damage buff now applies to ALL (Sentinels, Moas, Companions)  + Razorwing Butterflies!

The fact Razorflies are buffed by this is a bit of a game changer and turns it from a 'why am i havinga buff for a companion thta is not active while in razorwing' into 'ok wow my razorflies are getting a nice damage boost... depending on how that damage is added. Iwant to see how this one works.

Edited by MarrikBroom
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-11-29 at 3:20 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additional Nyx Changes:

• Mind Control can now be cast while moving, and no longer halts Nyx in her tracks!
  • The cast time for Mind Control has been decreased, so you can better use the 4-second window to ‘power up’ your new minion!
  • Nyx’s passive ability to make enemies miss will be deactivated when she is using Absorb, meaning no shot will be wasted!

These bonuses to Mind Control are certainly appreciated. I like it.

That said, the changes to the passive, I'm less enthused about. One of people's main complaints about Nyx's current passive is that it sometimes removes the weapons of a target when it becomes Mind Controlled. I wondered why it never checked for the passive only after Mind Control had expired but I never made a big fuss about it. Now, after people highlight an anti-synergy with the new passive, it's okay to disable it when that event occurs. Why couldn't that be implemented onto the current passive? Sure, it could create confusion when the target was affected by other abilities first but that's beside the point. I just find it odd.

Next, I want to say that disabling the passive entirely during Absorb is pretty funny. For the many people that roll Nyx exclusively with Assimilate, they will not have a passive at all much of the time. Please tell me how this is an improvement. At least currently you can still proc disarm by using other abilities(correct me if I'm wrong).

This passive is, in my opinion, worse than the current one. For reasons why, I made a nice pros and cons list in my previous post which I'll reference here. Not everyone will agree, but that's okay.

If the disarm function could be rolled into her 2 and 3 as random events, that would be a pretty solid compromise.

Moving on, I would like to state again that I would love to see the Radiation effect retained on Psychic Bolts. With Chaos being able to affect a much smaller area(due to a previous change or a bug), this has been very helpful. The minor damage would also be appreciated. It's handy to smash cameras with the little bit of damage it has. Other people also like to kill enemies with it for whatever reason. I actually think this skill will be less useful for me post-change.

Lastly, I wanted to touch on Absorb again. This skill is really bad. I was thinking today that it could be altered in a more interesting way(the base, not talking Assimilate). Hold 4 to channel the ability and absorb incoming damage and store it. Once released, Nyx can resume free movement at this time. (Damage absorption can resume again if held.) It can then be manually detonated whenever the player wants by tapping the button. This would include damage and knockback/ragdolling to help Nyx out in a pinch. I also considered an automatic detonation if X number of enemies got too close. Similar to Wyrm's Crowd Dispersion but much more lethal. This is not something I'm married to but it would help protect Nyx's back where the camera isn't facing.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Formatting

10 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Will any of Nyx's FX or sounds reflect the night aspect of her name?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb [DE]Bear:

REWORK UPDATE!

So we have been looking at your responses in this thread, and have made some additional adjustments, based on your feedback. These developments are still being tested, and we want to thank you all for your valuable feedback!

Additional Nyx Changes:

Additional Titania Changes:

• Baseline Energy Capacity increased to hit 225 at Max rank.
  • The energy cost for Tribute has been decreased from 50 to 25.

Work continues, and we are very excited to bring these changes to you!

Those additions are nice, but if this is everything they took from the feedback it is a bit sad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Has any reconsideration been made for the damage in = damage out for Absorb? The proposed changes would in theory be a nerf since enemies often have resistances to the damage they're dealing. Eg. Corpus shields resisting Puncture while most Corpus guns deal Puncture damage.

Nyx prime have some weird states like 50 armor most primes and frames go to 65 only regular vauban have 50 also 1.13 sprint speed can it be uped to 1.50 or 1.2 ? 

The issue with Titania being unable to switch to operator mode while in Razorwing is not going away. Please resolve it now, instead of 3 years from now.

• Like 2