Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Wolf of Saturn Six

Acersecomic

On 2019-04-23 at 6:33 PM, Lutesque said:

That explains it...

Also:

This is just wrong.  Rubico Prime's Base damage merely okay.... actually quite rubbish compared to the Lanka.

Hot coffee is merely warm....actually quite cool compared to lava.   Let's see you dump it on your face without screaming 😛    Just because something BY COMPARISON isn't "as good" doesn't mean it, on its own, is bad.

On 2019-04-23 at 10:04 PM, Lutesque said:

Unfortunately OBS Studio has an Axe to grind with Warframe because it can't capture S#&$.

Besides you're never going to see said video anyway because A) Rubico Prime is overrated, B) The Wolf Spawns are Random and C) Whos got the time ? Definitely not me thats for sure.

If the Wolf Spawns for above level 75 then im just aborting....nothing in my Arsenal can kill it... including Rubico Prime.

Speaking as a former streamer, OBS does indeed capture Warframe just fine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes, and it's why bosses typically have to have periods of invulnerability. People complain about that. We can do all of this damage, why not make it count for once? 

All of the whining about not being able to kill him is nonsense. Because any player with a good high crit radiation damage weapon can take him apart in a pug on hydron. A group of 4 people can easily do the same thing with relatively poor weapons. 

2 pages ago we had one proclaim that the fight is unreasonable because they are well prepared with "a hybrid crit/stat rad + viral Corinth (19.5k radiation damage per shot on average including crits". That is basically a very entitled way of saying, "my not particularly well built weapon doesn't take him out in a low number of shots". 

Back of the envelope math suggests that I'm able to do about 5x the damage and can kill wolf in a reasonable amount of time. If the whole group were capable of dealing roughly the same damage as that poorly built Corinth, the fight would finish 4x faster which would mean it gets done in a few minutes, maximum. Heck, just switching the profile on that weapon so that it's dealing straight radiation damage, would help to take the radiation closer to 30k by just replacing the viral mods. That alone means that the shots goes down by half. 

So the problems many people are having with the wolf are definitely self-inflicted, and their adamant refusal to tweak their builds or take something that can contribute meaningfully, makes the fight worse for everyone around them, and going on to vehemently blame DE for their failures, because as far as they're concerned they shouldn't have to change their build. 

And again we're even talking about multiyear veterans doing this as well as the newbs. The newbs at least have an excuse. 😧

What bothers me most, and honestly just flat out disappoints me, about this community is that they BEGGED DE for something they "couldn't one-shot" for YEARS.  Now they have it, and they just lolquit matches when it shows up?  

"It's boring, it's unfair, it makes us have to actually plan".   HEAVEN FORBID the Origin System, in its 1000 year war, actually tries to make you FEEL like you're in a War for once, keeping you on your toes...giving you a sense of "I'd better be careful..."

So what do y'all want DE to do ? Weaken future bosses further?  So we can trivialize them and you can all go back to complaining this game is "too easy and offers no challenge"?

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy around here...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

What bothers me most, and honestly just flat out disappoints me, about this community is that they BEGGED DE for something they "couldn't one-shot" for YEARS.  Now they have it, and they just lolquit matches when it shows up?  

"It's boring, it's unfair, it makes us have to actually plan".   HEAVEN FORBID the Origin System, in its 1000 year war, actually tries to make you FEEL like you're in a War for once, keeping you on your toes...giving you a sense of "I'd better be careful..."

So what do y'all want DE to do ? Weaken future bosses further?  So we can trivialize them and you can all go back to complaining this game is "too easy and offers no challenge"?

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy around here...

The problem is that you are expecting people to specifically spec for an encounter that has a 6% spawn rate.  The Wolf isn't really a threat, he's just a boring bullet sponge.

If the fight was interesting, had stages or escalation or something other than "Shoot Wolf with Radiation Weapon" then it would probably be ok, but it's not, its either no problem at all or so boring that people literally quit the mission instead of fight him.

15 minutes ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

If the fight was interesting, had stages or escalation or something other than "Shoot Wolf with Radiation Weapon" then it would probably be ok, but it's not, its either no problem at all or so boring that people literally quit the mission instead of fight him.

With all due respect, we also got that. The exploiter orb. And after people cheesed it with Nova, DE took that away and people complained about having to actually DO the different stages and excalation.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

With all due respect, we also got that. The exploiter orb. And after people cheesed it with Nova, DE took that away and people complained about having to actually DO the different stages and excalation.

Never done that fight so I can't comment I'm afraid.  It still doesn't change the fact that the wolf is a boring enemy and people would rather abort a mission than fight him. 

8 minutes ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

Never done that fight so I can't comment I'm afraid.  It still doesn't change the fact that the wolf is a boring enemy and people would rather abort a mission than fight him. 

While the boring part might be true, the other half is not, they usually abort because it takes them too long to kill with gear not suitable. With 1(only 1) weapon in your loadout to deal with him, the fight lasts no more than a minute. I made the Exploiter orb reference to show that despite getting a multi stage boss fight, people would still rather not do it because it takes too long. 

4 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

While the boring part might be true, the other half is not, they usually abort because it takes them too long to kill with gear not suitable. With 1(only 1) weapon in your loadout to deal with him, the fight lasts no more than a minute. I made the Exploiter orb reference to show that despite getting a multi stage boss fight, people would still rather not do it because it takes too long. 

Fair enough, but my point still stands.  WIthout a specific weapon build to fight him the fight takes forever and is really boring, that is why people abort.  If it's in a public match it's totally fine for them to do so as well. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

2 pages ago we had one proclaim that the fight is unreasonable because they are well prepared with "a hybrid crit/stat rad + viral Corinth (19.5k radiation damage per shot on average including crits". That is basically a very entitled way of saying, "my not particularly well built weapon doesn't take him out in a low number of shots". 

Back of the envelope math suggests that I'm able to do about 5x the damage and can kill wolf in a reasonable amount of time. If the whole group were capable of dealing roughly the same damage as that poorly built Corinth, the fight would finish 4x faster which would mean it gets done in a few minutes, maximum. Heck, just switching the profile on that weapon so that it's dealing straight radiation damage, would help to take the radiation closer to 30k by just replacing the viral mods. That alone means that the shots goes down by half. 

So the problems many people are having with the wolf are definitely self-inflicted, and their adamant refusal to tweak their builds or take something that can contribute meaningfully, makes the fight worse for everyone around them, and going on to vehemently blame DE for their failures, because as far as they're concerned they shouldn't have to change their build.

So, I take out the viral damage... and lose a lot of my punch against Grineer and unarmoured Corpus. What was that about being unprepared, especially since Grineer and Corpus show up FAR more commonly than the Wolf?

That gun is built perfectly well. It kills *normal* enemies just fine, I can hit the alt-fire to instantly irradiate, infect and knock down everything within the blast radius (having a bunch of suddenly hostile enemies knocked to the floor as immobile targets is wonderful for taking pressure off, not to mention it's a perfect way to shut down infested ancient auras) and does quite well against bosses.

No. I'm going to prepare for the things which I actually face in normal gameplay. A 6% chance at best is not something I'm going to even consider. Yes, I refuse to adjust my builds for a rare random enemy. I am not changing my entire playstyle just because of one single badly designed enemy.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Hot coffee is merely warm....actually quite cool compared to lava.   Let's see you dump it on your face without screaming 😛    Just because something BY COMPARISON isn't "as good" doesn't mean it, on its own, is bad.

Well that depends on the situation doesn't it ? 

For the Wolf specifically it is bad.... its very bad infact....

3 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Speaking as a former streamer, OBS does indeed capture Warframe just fine.

For me it doesn't....

Infact OBS has an issue capturing all games with a 2D aesthetic. However in Warframe's Case The issue is not with OBS but with how Warframe hogs so much memory that theres nothing left for anything else to run in the background.

All I have is the Occasional Screenshot which apparently I can't upload to this site for some reason. Did you know you can Strip Off The Profit Taker's Armor ? I was told specially that you couldn't but apparently I did... which is why I don't just blindly accept that Rubico Prime is the go to Anti Wolf solution. It sure as S#&$ didn't work for me... Unless if you were running Primed Vital Vital Sense and A Riven.

3 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

The problem is that you are expecting people to specifically spec for an encounter that has a 6% spawn rate.  The Wolf isn't really a threat, he's just a boring bullet sponge.

Oh? But an arca plasmor works wonders on all of the enemies that I typically encounter, and so does my kitgun. So my weapons of choice aren't what anyone could possibly consider niche or specific to hunting the wolf. 

And the fight is interesting because I've got to manage the wolf, and his buddies, and any other enemies, and the objective. What do you do about the fugitives taking out the defense targets, when you're dealing with him? Do you get up on a box? Do you revive your squad? 

Neither of those excuses holds water as far as I am concerned. 

2 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

Fair enough, but my point still stands.  WIthout a specific weapon build to fight him the fight takes forever and is really boring, that is why people abort.  If it's in a public match it's totally fine for them to do so as well. 

Again it's not "a specific weapon" but "any one of a range of weapons that can be modified to deal radiation damage, preferably with lots of crits". 

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

So, I take out the viral damage... and lose a lot of my punch against Grineer and unarmoured Corpus. What was that about being unprepared, especially since Grineer and Corpus show up FAR more commonly than the Wolf?

30k+ rad damage before crits, doesn't sound like a loss of any kind of punch. Better yet when status does proc on them, they pull some of the aggro allowing you to deal with their friends. 

That gun is built perfectly well. It kills *normal* enemies just fine, I can hit the alt-fire to instantly irradiate, infect and knock down everything within the blast radius (having a bunch of suddenly hostile enemies knocked to the floor as immobile targets is wonderful for taking pressure off, not to mention it's a perfect way to shut down infested ancient auras) and does quite well against bosses.

And you figure that doing far less rad damage works better than doing more? Because 30k of rad damage from your normal fire turns most normal enemies into goop and anybody who survived THAT gets the same sort of radproc. 

Works wonders for the starchart except when farming with a Nekros, but still useful as an ace in the hole when you start running into too many eximus units later on in the run. 

No. I'm going to prepare for the things which I actually face in normal gameplay. A 6% chance at best is not something I'm going to even consider. Yes, I refuse to adjust my builds for a rare random enemy. I am not changing my entire playstyle just because of one single badly designed enemy.

Sounds like you have a strange idea of what you're going to be facing in the game, considering what you have been complaining about. Also a strange idea of what levels of preparedness for regular missions in the star chart would be. Also a strange idea of what changing the viral to rad on your preferred weapon would do to your playstyle. Also a strange idea of what a badly designed enemy looks like. 

You've already shown that what you thought was a really great weapon for dealing damage to the wolf, is really very inferior for the purpose. Maybe just swap the profile of your weapon for one run and see if it causes the world to end. If the world doesn't end and you find it acceptable, you can run with it like that for a while until the event ends. 

Now fair warning, you'll still be dealing what I'd consider very limited amounts of damage (unless you or a squadmate have another way to boost your damage) so while it would cut your personal time to take him down in half you'll still need the help of your squadmates to bring it down to what most people would consider reasonable lengths of time. But that's sort of the point of squad based play isn't it? We're all supposed to contribute to take on the challenges we face.

Last night I ended up dealing 90% of the damage to the wolf on Hydron, but my squadmate had tossed out spectres that kept the wolf occupied while we worked on him. That contribution was greatly appreciated because it more than made up for any lack of ability to cause damage. That's infinitely more helpful than anyone who just tucks tail and quits at the first sign of a challenge. 

I'm just wondering about the best ways people have to kill wolfie.

I use a rubico prime with a crit and radiation build and a smeeta kavat

The Kavat strips his armour and then, with a bit of luck gives me the crit buff that leads to around 20000 damage per shot.

I'm sure other people have more effective options than that, please share them.

• Like 2

Just now, AltheusV said:

I'm just wondering about the best ways people have to kill wolfie.

I use a rubico prime with a crit and radiation build and a smeeta kavat

The Kavat strips his armour and then, with a bit of luck gives me the crit buff that leads to around 20000 damage per shot.

I'm sure other people have more effective options than that, please share them.

My friends and I fought him as our operators......it was wicked fun. 

Also if you have a good ArcGun......thats also a good time. Thats how Ive fought him and its just really fun when he shows up. 

I seriously hope DE buffs the other assassins to be on par with The Wolf, The Stalker needs a serious upgrade now that The Wolf is the new Big baddie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

All I have is the Occasional Screenshot which apparently I can't upload to this site for some reason. Did you know you can Strip Off The Profit Taker's Armor ? I was told specially that you couldn't but apparently I did... which is why I don't just blindly accept that Rubico Prime is the go to Anti Wolf solution. It sure as S#&$ didn't work for me... Unless if you were running Primed Vital Vital Sense and A Riven.

I don't get the logic.

Rubico doesn't work for you, therefore it should suck for everyone.

But OBS also doesn't work for you, so it should also suck for everyone?

The problem with these "most meta or useless" posts is that it can mislead and discourage newer players who don't necessarily have every weapon modded go perfection yet (speaking of, how exactly are you modding Rubico that it fails to kill WoSS efficiently?)

I have killed Mr. big bad Wolf & the Three little pigs with both Rubico P and Lanka. The performance difference is negligible even if he is level 75. Lanka is very good. Rubico P is also very good. They have both helped me get a handful of north winds (this is the real issue, not weapon A vs weapon B against wolfie) ever since the wolf event.

Also on a side note why bother even trying to armor strip profit taker when the imperator vandal melts it in like 2 seconds anyway (not to mention the shield phase is the main issue)? Not to be rude but you seem to be the one "blindly" accepting and following Eidolon meta and trying to apply it to situations where it isn't necessary or appropriate.

And before the "Imperator vandal? Who is blindly following meta now?" response, that is an event gated behind several layers of standings and quest lines (something you can, and SHOULD, prepare for and even then imp. vandal is far from the only option) , not a random spawn that can affect a 5 day old player, that apparently requires an eidolon ready Lanka to kill efficiently.

Edited by RushBCyka
  • Like 1

Someone said that the void lasers do crazy damage if you can lure him into a trap, which makes sense.

I think that my catchmoon kitgun on Rhino shows around 3 to 4k damage per hit (between 2 and 3 hits usually shown), unless I roar when I'll see 5 to 7k. I roar often. Not absolutely certain about the numbers, I'll try to remember to snag a video the next time I run into him so I can review carefully. 

• Like 1

There are a couple of ways. Smeeta/Adarza with Sharpened Claws is always recommended/preferred.

Naramon Void Stalking with Radiation melee works.

Crit Rad firearms with Chroma. Rubico Prime, Tombfinger, Catchmoon highly recommended.

Smite Infusion Oberon to buff teammates with Rad damage is great.

Magus Revert/Lockdown to CC Hell the Saturn Six Fugitives.

First I’ve heard Lantern working on the Saturn Six Fugitives. I might give that a go since you can have up to 3 Lanterns up at any given time.

• Like 1