The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

1 hour ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

In regards to the spawn rate percentages, is it 4% / 6% per player, and factored into a formula for a slightly raised chance of invasion for each member present in squad akin to Stalker, or is it a fixed spawn rate regardless of how many people are in squad?

I can tell this is definitely a welcomed change, tough I do have some question like the following:
will the spawn keep increasing from now on? Are there any plan to make the drop a bit better, because after 20-25 wolf, only getting mod and the same 2 part is getting super annoying.

Are there gonna be a reduction in the mods dropped from the wolf? In the past 3 days I’ve done 34hrs 56 minutes and still going of capture and exterminate missions. I got 2 common weapon parts, the mask and a lot on mods I already have A lot of. 

If no reduction of the mods dropped can we atleast get some standings with them?

21 minutes ago, TGDM said:

Could we please get some clarification on how assassin spawns work in general? It feels really unclear how this "roll" is made when there's also the Stalker, G3/Zanuka, Syndicates, and then squad member conditions to account for.

Are you saying there is an overall 4%/6% chance for The Wolf to spawn or are you saying that out of the x% chance of any assassin spawn, The Wolf has a 4/6% chance to spawn? What is the x% for general assassin spawns? It's not possible for multiple assassins to spawn in the same mission, right?

There's a very distinct lack of information and anyone who could pull that data would be ill-advised to share it because these calculations are made server side iirc and that very much steps out of the gray area data mining on client side files is at.

Quoting to highlight. I would like to know this info as well.

24 minutes ago, TGDM said:

Could we please get some clarification on how assassin spawns work in general? It feels really unclear how this "roll" is made when there's also the Stalker, G3/Zanuka, Syndicates, and then squad member conditions to account for.

Are you saying there is an overall 4%/6% chance for The Wolf to spawn or are you saying that out of the x% chance of any assassin spawn, The Wolf has a 4/6% chance to spawn? What is the x% for general assassin spawns? It's not possible for multiple assassins to spawn in the same mission, right?

There's a very distinct lack of information and anyone who could pull that data would be ill-advised to share it because these calculations are made server side iirc and that very much steps out of the gray area data mining on client side files is at.

There is a 4% or 6% chance the Wolf will spawn in your mission (depending on mission level). This is outside of the percentage for any Stalker, Zanuka, or Syndicate spawn. It is not possible for multiple assassins to spawn within the same mission (at least, it's not intentional!)

While i'm glad to know that Wolfy will still be around after Series 1 ends (would've had more impact if he'd been gone for good though), i hope his spawn will get changed afterwards so that he doesn't pester us everywhere.

Depending on how his story ends, maybe confine his spawn to Jupiter. Would make sense storywise.

So is it a flat 6% chance when the mission starts that you'll get the Wolf in the first 5 minutes OR does the 6% roll happen at certain intervals during the first 5 minutes (effectively increasing the % the closer you stay to 5 minutes)?

And was this increase technically in the PoE remaster (because I've already seen an increase in the Wolf spawn since the latest Nightwave episode dropped in my targeted 5 minute mission runs)?

EDIT: I'd also love to know if that 6% changes when you're playing in a full squad? Is it 6% per player?

6%

I would like to understand the mindset behind his extreme low spawn rate (which is RNG wall 1) combined with his extreme low drop rate (RNG wall 2) of his weapon parts and the cosmetics.

il y a 18 minutes, AnFangs a dit :

In regards to the spawn rate percentages, is it 4% / 6% per player, and factored into a formula for a slightly raised chance of invasion for each member present in squad akin to Stalker, or is it a fixed spawn rate regardless of how many people are in squad?

Would love an answer to this.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

There is a 4% or 6% chance the Wolf will spawn in your mission (depending on mission level). This is outside of the percentage for any Stalker, Zanuka, or Syndicate spawn. It is not possible for multiple assassins to spawn within the same mission (at least, it's not intentional!)

still 6% happyness and 94% dissapointment :facepalm:

even the drop chance on certain parts are low make it equal drop rate on the weapon parts

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

oh cool....now i MAY have a chance of fighting him more than the 2 times ive ever seen him.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Really hope the next season has more to do after rank 30.

15 creds each rank doesn't make me want to continue doing the missions. I've effectively stopped trying at 33.

its kinda the point though, "hey, youre done, but heres some wolf creds so you can keep getting the items you can buy with them if theres stuff you need", 30 is supposed to be youre "i dont need to do this anymore" level

Archived