Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.5

[DE]Megan

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:

Tombfinger

• Charge time decreased from 0.8secs to 0.5secs with Brash Grip.
  • Charge time increased from 0.8secs to 1.1secs with Steadyslam Grip.
  • Charge time increased from 0.8secs to 1.4secs with Tremor Grip.

Really? you nerfed tremor tombfinger? Is that a joke? Theo only primary kitgun that could even pretend to keep up with the secondary versions and you decide to nerf it? It was already struggeling with having worse mods than secondaries, mainly a good fire rate mod and that'S even worse now. What's the point of making primary kitguns if you just make them garbage.

Remember to keep nerfing! Make sure you keep doing that! There's no point in addressing issues properly, because it takes time, so thank you for the quick rebalance of the kitguns, that many people Reallllllly are happy you put out thank youuuuuuuuuu for listening to the community.......

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tombfinger

Yo.  WTF is this huge nerf?  Primary Tombfinger was already inconsistent due to the explosion not piercing wall-like objects.  Why make it slow AND inconsistent?  Who do I contact to refund my investment into this now-trash weapon?

Ouch, the Tombfinger Grip changes really hurt, put 7 forma into mine and it is so sluggish now. Even with Vigilante Fervor (45% fire rate) it feels far to slow, I am practically forced to run Vile Accerleration to make it feel ok at best.

maybe something more like 

Tombfinger

• Charge time decreased from 0.8 secs to 0.5 secs with Brash Grip.
    Charge time decreased from 0.8 secs to 0.6 secs with shrewd Grip.
  • Charge time  0.8 secs with Steady slam Grip.
  • Charge time increased from 0.8 secs to 1.2 secs with Tremor Grip.
    that way the charge time isnt as long since thats its main bonus

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed Saryn’s Contagion Cloud Augment toxic cloud damage not being removed if you leave the area of the cloud. Visually it will disappear, but enemies will still be damaged by the toxic cloud for the duration of the mission.

Alright now also fix the bug where if the saryn dies and self revives (or gets revived in arbitrations) any existing contagion clouds lose their owner and become hostile.

So...interesting.

I don't understand why exactly you are already fixing the kitguns.  They haven't exactly had a huge amount of time to be out, and if the fixes were that much of a necessity maybe it would have been nice to test them out with members of the community.  Something like a test server....

Less wise commentary aside, 300 standing for freeing a prisoner on the regular tile set.  100x3 for 300 when completing the granum void with the same coin  I cannot even understand why you have given us something new, and it comes out of the gate with a nerf.  I can only imagine that you wanted the coins to be worth a certain amount of standing so they could be farmed forever...but with the current values it'd be infinitely better to drop onto Fortuna and search for pobbers.  If I was at MR 29 (maximum at time of writing) it would take 5 minutes per mission, or 500 minutes per day to max the standing.  That's 8 hours and 20 minutes.  The corresponding rewards for this are more often credits than anything reasonable, and random mission drops almost always exceed the credit counts in the caches.  I understand releasing with low rewards, but this is just silly.

This may be difficult to articulate without anger, but the update is being "improved" until it's a frustrating mess.  Please, look back a year and let's review the changes in loot from disruptions.  The loot for the low tier stuff is entirely focused on newer players.  That's resources, credits, and some low tier relics.  Middle tier dropped the new content, frame parts.  The highest tier dropped new content (lua lenses), with it also being a great place to farm relics.  All of the new content had reasons to come back, with the concentration of the frame parts being on a tier that was easy enough for everyone to farm.

What do we have now?  There's a 11% chance drop for the new stuff from the last reward round to three tiers of drops.  That's pretty goofy, because newer players have to be able to kill a surprisingly tanky unit to get the coin.  If you'd argue this out, please demonstrate how someone using any support frame and middle tier weapon can kill a treasurer.  I know whenever I've got gear I'm ranking up I often skip the treasurer because the damage output is just too low to kill before they decide to despawn.  Yes, a group fixes that.  No, warframe isn't exclusively a group game.  Let's then look at rewards.  Will anyone want to play for the syndicate standing?  No, it's too low.  Will anyone want to play for the rewards that aren't parts?  No, endo rate is too low and the credits are a joke.  Is it a challenge?  No, the Xoris makes it trivial for anyone to do the mission.  

Let's fix the rewards system, and not be creative.  The Jackal drops the Stahlta and Stropha blueprints.  Let's let it keep doing that.  Let's change the rewards structures, to isolate them and give people a reason to come back after getting the components.  Let's first tackle the lowers tier:

A1: Credit caches, medium resource caches, and small rare resource caches.  I'd call it 20% credits, 60% medium caches (1000 polymers, etc....) and 20% rare caches (2 neural sensors, etc...).

A2: Endo in smaller quantities and Lith relics.  50-50 split on this, as it's meant for starting players.

A3: Velox parts and the rare chance for Meso relics.  I'm proposing 80-20, or 40% barrel, 40% receiver, and 20% of whatever the relics are for the new prime and unvaulting.

B1: Endo in more medium quantities, and Lith relics.  Endo weighted to 50%, with the prime Lith relics equally divided amongst the remaining chances.

B2: Meso relics, and the barrel for the Stahlta.  75% relics, and 25% of the part.

B3: Protea.  Equal division of the components.  This means there's a minimum of 3 full runs, which should give anyone but the newest of players access to the frame.  

C1: Meso relics.  All of them, no rewards spared.  The idea being to give a farm with the minimum of effort.

C2: Remaining pieces of the Stahlta, and Neo Relics.  20% for each of the Stahlta bits, and the remaining 40% divided for Neo relics.  It'd be ideal here to have just the prime Neo relics as well, to promote future farming.

C3: Stropha pieces, the Mortuus, and Axi relics.  20% for the Stropha again.  10% for the cosmetic drop.  30% for the Axi relics.  As Axi is a pain to get, this should cover all of the Axi relics.  There's a good reason to farm, but you can't just simply farm the newest relics and grind the content immediately.

The above rewards are tailored to player sets, space the new content out, and the lack of rewards at sub 20% odds make everything less of a miserable grind.  The above also offers the "progression" of having the blueprints drop early, but instead of spanning rewards out over a larger time concentrates them so that players who get access to a segment aren't stuck at 75% completion.  Yes, this is new player centered logic.  Veterans plowed through the grind a while ago, because none of this was nutty.  

I can say that I have no reason to go back, and it's the rewards.  The standing is a joke, the only reason to grind is poor drop rates, and the rewards that aren't parts are a joke.  It's like having a nice meal (the quest), and at the end being forced to clean dishes because the restaurant wouldn't accept your particular credit card.  Yeah, it's a free to play game.  That doesn't mean the rewards have to be behind a grind wall that relies upon poor RNG loot drops.  It also doesn't mean that after you grind out the new content there shouldn't be a reason to revisit the stuff.

Side note, The fracta shoulder guards being able to be equipped two at once is great.  Why can I get multiple of the Mortuus, but only equip to the left side?  These choices of only one shoulder are great for those who like unbalanced stuff, but it's nutty when you can easily shift from left to right handed camera view.  It's your choice for cosmetics, but it always seems like a failure when you can't balance cosmetic, but can get them to drop frequently enough to be a bad joke.  

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Which is similar to Syndicate Medallions that I bet most people ignore. DE made us care for the Solaris in accordance to Vox Solaris and recently the Deadlock Protocol as the Corpus treats them as disposible property, but made it so morally wrong to ignore them to due the little standing gain. Imagine if there were any negative standing if we couldn't free them

Indeed they are meant to be nice bonuses, but if they can bypass the Daily Standing, it will incentize some players to free them to get to Rank 5 with Solaris United faster.

Personally I think it would be more fitting to get a small chunk of standing and a low% roll at mods/resources when freeing them so there is some incentive to seek them out and do our civil duty to those poor robot-people.

im free the hunchback of notre dame GIF

10 minutes ago, gigaslyce said:

Charge time increased from 0.8 secs to 1.2 secs with Tremor Grip.
that way the charge time isnt as long since thats its main bonus

Still think 1.2 seconds is way too much time considering other weapons can clear whole rooms in the time it takes to charge a single shot from this thing even when it had 0.8 secs of charge time.

We greatly appreciate all your feedback regarding Protea and the Granum Void with The Deadlock Protocol Update! We’re in the process of reviewing compiled feedback for near future changes - some of the Granum Void changes are below!

this is honestly so very nice to hear! I greatly appreciate that you listen so much! and I definitly stay tuned and hope for some nice fixes for protea in the near future 🙂

big love ❤️

1 hour ago, -NICHE- said:

Can we get some kind of Forma refund for early adopters of the Primary Kitguns or something? I understand that these changes had to be made for balance/health reasons and will be good for players who build them in the future, but it burns your dedicated players. Sucks to throw 28 Forma + 4 Catalysts + 4 Exilus Adapters down the drain only to have to rebuild them. That's almost 500 plat and several hours that me and many of my clanmates spent.

Or, in the longer term, the ability to swap parts while retaining our current investment. Make the weapons actually modular.

1 hour ago, fo3nixz said:

can i get a refund on my plat for forma & potato i wasted on my  tombfinger primary?

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Oh wow that tombfinger primary is actually great! The only primary kitgun that people don't complain about, good job DE!.....

....oh okay.

1 hour ago, Guanine_ said:

Why  the charge time on tombfinger primary kitguns differ this time but not when it came out?

Who can compensate the formas we feed on our done primary kitguns?

At first time,every grip turns to the same charge time.Why ur planner didn't load that at that time.

Well, my pitiful formas only can be changed to reputation.

1 hour ago, Caius_Fact said:

Whoa, what? Brash Tombfinger's charged radial attack is 329.6 damage and Tremor's is 392.0, and now it has nearly triple the charged firing rate? Sure, its direct damage is only 30.4 to Tremor's 92.8, but in the final sum my Tremor-Tombfinger is now essentially worthless. Could you please tune these numbers a bit more, or else give me my seven Forma back?

Anything that saves/refunds time or money lost (like this) appears to go directly against the company business model. This is will never happen. Early adopters should in fact be rewarded for paying to beta test their content which clearly they sometimes appear to be inept at doing by these extreme changes so early on. Changes like these are unnecessarily harsh on those who they should be grateful to imo. So confident I was that by virtue of it's popularity in the wake of Bramma nerf, that this was gonna happen; I actually named my Tombfinger primary "WAS GOOD B4 THE NERF". Sadly I tried to hold back and save my forma, but I actually enjoyed it so I thought for the few weeks it may last... let me do it.... boy was I wrong. le sigh 

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Whoa, easy on the nerfhammer...

It's already miles weaker than Bramma, now you make Speed Trigger or a riven mandatory for it to be usable? Way to break new toys...

The sad part is that it was already slow before the nerf, even with speed trigger. I found it difficult to keep up with the damage of several other weapons against higher level enemies. It's as good as useless now with this change. 

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Because we can't have nice things, but we can always have bad ones. Here's an unwarranted 50% chargespeed nerf to the only viable Tombfinger grip, cry a little and go back to using Bramma which is superior in every way except ammo economy. 

Until the damage nerf comes for Bramma. which I suspect will be as soon as the uproar is diluted by other issues; ...such as this. 

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

what?! noooo!!! change it back, really. it doesn't feel good at all, now. i was happy to not use bramma and have another "good" AoE weapon. now it feels awful to fire with. this is a ridiculous nerf. please consider backtracking for the tremor. the charge times shouldn't have increased.  😞

This

1 hour ago, MarrikBroom said:

Why?

Nice things can't have you

1 hour ago, TheArQu said:

Uhh... You made tremor tombfinger charge rate close to Stahlta's alt fire but its damage is like 3 times less than Stahltas alt fire with less crit even...

WTF

you should go down from 0,8 at least it would have a chance...

1 hour ago, Darkpaladin13 said:

TOmbfinger Banhammer!!!!

the increase in load does not go hand in hand with the damage if it were at least increased in the same equitable way that the loading time was increased at least 50% would be viable, but adjusting the others to make more final dps and the tremor lower it the dps leaving below the bottom final dps grammatically, 0.5 charge with only 90 less damage and the tremor with 1.4 and 90 more is not equitable. In addition, the primary kitguns deal damage touches because the primary mods are lower than the secondary ones, wherever you look, the secondary mods are double or more than those of the primary ones and so we add that the weapon feels uncomfortable to use gg, this change is not justified more than this weapon, despite everything it lacks dps to justify that load of 1.4 and finally I want my 8 ways back and my kuva that I spend on role playing a riven of this thing that is now completely uncomfortable

This is because you assume that much depth went into the decision to make the changes... I stand to be corrected on this. 

1 hour ago, Moscatinka said:

I don't know what feedback this was based on or what troll gave it, but a gun with a charge mechanic that takes 1.4 seconds and then fires automatically on full charge is laughably unusable (I tried, it really is, I laughed and laughed and when I ran out of tears I switched to my secondary). If it held its full charge like a bow then perhaps, maybe, someone could make a nice toy build with it, but with the auto-shot at full charge it's just pointless. The Tombfinger/Tremor combi was already underwhelming as either a gun or a rocket launcher, with this change it's... I dunno, what's below underwhelming?

Just please stop trying to cross over bows/snipers with grenade launchers altogether, it's just not a good concept. I figured someone would have gotten that after the Bramma debacle but apparently the message got lost in translation. A bow/sniper is THE choice of weapon for long range, high single target damage, you can't just throw AoE into that and expect to come up with something balanced or useful. We have an excellent mod for people who want exploding arrows, leave it at that, kthx.

This is is really the bottom line. It wasn't that great to begin with. This makes me feel that these things are not properly tested in live situations before release/rework. 

On 2020-06-16 at 9:23 AM, Jarriaga said:

I like its design, but I really dislike the texturing work. It is impossible to give it a light color scheme because of the "rust" effect it has:

Warframe0166.jpg

That's the brightest white in the smoke palette.

Well, this is no longer true after today's hotfix. Thanks, DE.

Now please give it a proper melee weapon or make the Deconstructor compatible with MOAs so I can actually choose it over my Adarza. 

Tombfinger

These changes a bit too heavy for the Damage grips. The fire rate ones now outdamage the damage grips.

Archived