Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

☆After all this time has your opinion on Rail Jack & Liches changed at all?☆

(PSN)Mofojokers

I like the lich gameloop but...I have no use to do them anymore after I got all the weapons at the start of the year.
If they kinda put some requiem relics more inside I could do them more, because that means more relics for kuva fissures.
Or some other reward that is long term(moar kuva for example, dunno tbh)

As for RJ it went from "I f hate this gamemode and I want it to be deleted" to "It's kinda playable, but still nothing to go back to".

Liches are tedious simply because the optimal elemental has changed around a little with status reworks and the addition of Carnis Stinger. I really don't feel like going back to Toxin on a bunch of secondaries, and it's not very engaging.

Railjack is only fine for me because Gian Point is good for Affinity. Other than that, it has no depth and is still half finished.

53 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

WHAT 😲

When you first log into Warframe: With your frame, walk directly to the back of your ship and stand in-between the three rooms. Face away from the door leading to your operator. Walk forward and you should get the option to enter your railjack from there. Then again, I don't play on Switch. 

No, i play railjack from time to time, which is better than before where i only played the necessary to get the ship i wanted.

As for liches, i would be playing that mode nonstop and i was doing that just before nightwave introduced the "vanquish a kuva lich" as an elite weekly. You see, because of this my liches are always on the verge of being killed, so that when that challenge appears, i only have to do 1 single mission to end it, afterwards i slowly build up the next lich for the next challenge.

Nightwave kills the incentive i had to kill liches, it had the opposite effect on me, instead of making me want to kill liches i now avoid them.

If that wasn't the case i would be doing lich hunt constantly as i like to build my lich collection and maybe trade them. I like that the missions are very diversified in tilesets and objective so killing high level grineer suits my like a glove.

Nope not really....

Railjack... I levelled up during booster weekends basically to get it done, still haven't got all the mods available for it but can't be bothered trying to get them seeing as I wouldn't be able to fit them in anyway.... is it fun, not really and like I said on release, I didn't come to warframe to play space pirates. 

Liches... I know the game has grind but it's just too heavy and throwing multiple levels of rng into the mix just makes it into a chore rather than being fun imo.... I still haven't got all the weapons and in all honesty the last lich took several months to complete because I couldn't be bothered with it and the new one I got recently is in the same boat.  Don't even get started on the ephemera, I still haven't seen one and that's after 8 (I think) liches....

my opinion on Railjack has gone down since release. because Movement got nerfed into W+M1 and all of the cool movement stuff you can do with the Railjack is now completely irrelevant bordering on useless - and Enemies (everywhere in the game but especially here) got nerfed so much that nothing really matters anymore.
what Mods to pick or Weapons to weigh pros and cons of? what Equipment to take for on foot or in Archwing? none of it matters, the Enemies are just not relevant and all fall over like targets at a Range.

i was overall quite happy with it to begin with, then adding Valence Fusion to the Ship Parts was pretty okay. Railjack Weapons had already been buffed&adjusted so that was taken care of, so all that was left after that was not nerfing Archguns quite so hard, and even though i didn't mind probably pulling back the inflated EHP values of ground Railjack Enemies to not be quite so disproportionate from other Enemies(would've been quite content with them still having higher Stats overall, but i'd accept a less extreme delta).

Liches hasn't really changed significantly since release, so i still have a lot of issues with the entire process at how monotonous and unimaginative it is since it's all of the same things doubled up. Liches themselves are still decent enough.
it's nice to not be Killed when guessing the Slot Machine wrong though. there's the one significant change since release. and being able to reject Guns you're not looking for is good.

40 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and Enemies (everywhere in the game but especially here) got nerfed so much that nothing really matters anymore.

I was mad about this at first, then I realised that it was likely to facilitate more complex modes. They were nicely tuned to Skirmish before, and I stand by that, but it did eventually twig for me that, if with more complex modes we were expected to leave the pilot seat for longer periods of time, or deal with more factors, the enemies probably shouldn't be as potent. They were nicely tuned for Skirmish, but Skirmish doesn't require any kind of split focus.

My main problem is that we're still waiting on those more complex modes. Scarlet Spear doesn't count, even if you could play it most of the time.

Railjack is a great mode, with a LOT of potential, and I really want more: I'm still hoping, perhaps foolishly, that one of the next major updates will be the long-awaited Corpus Maps for Raijack, with new mission types and perhaps some new gear. I know it had a rocky start to say the least, but most of that was on DE's poor timing of a holiday release followed by immediate vacation time. if they are willign to go back to it, I'm sure many people are at least willing to give it another chance. I know I will.

Liches still need some improvements, murmur farms take too long and the Lich isn't a real threat in terms of what it takes from you. they're better now than they were at the start, but they could also use some actual linkage to Railjack so that we can get rid of the "muh content island" argument. would love a railjack mission where we can take on the Lich's personal galleon, and I really want Corpus and infested Liches to become a thing as well, with a chance for some exciting weapons as rewards!

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I was mad about this at first, then I realised that it was likely to facilitate more complex modes. They were nicely tuned to Skirmish before, and I stand by that, but it did eventually twig for me that, if with more complex modes we were expected to leave the pilot seat for longer periods of time, or deal with more factors, the enemies probably shouldn't be as potent. They were nicely tuned for Skirmish, but Skirmish doesn't require any kind of split focus.

even then, it's far enough that the Enemies are so inconsequential that they almost might as well not exist. if you're going to Kill the Enemies fine almost no matter how your Railjack is outfitted or how well it is... what's even the point of having Gear/Equipment? if the choices don't mean anything, then what good are the choices for.

even if we get Cruisers and Battleships to fight sometime in the future, that won't make the Trash Enemies feel less inconsequential. you'll still shoot most anything in their direction and they'll vaporize.
meh

i made it clear that weakening Railjack Enemies was probably warranted, but the level that we've gone to here, is so extreme. lowering base Stats in multiple ways, changing Level Scaling, removing artificial limiters - so many different ways they have been weakened, and they all compound each other.
that's all it is, that we didn't just nerf the Enemies, we nerfed them, and then nerfed them again, and again. numerous times in separate ways.

i don't want a single Fighter to feel like a major Enemy, but i don't want Dynasty Warriors either.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Railjack is only fine for me because Gian Point is good for Affinity. Other than that, it has no depth and is still half finished.

Rail Jack had the potential of being a great bridge between PoE, Fortuna and Deimos. DE main issue is lack of depth and half finished contents. DE must figure out a way delivering complete packages well balanced with less tedious XP gates and time sinks. Rail Jack needs a lot of work but It can deliver a good experience if it is finished and ironed out. 

Lately I'm not playing much Warframe. I'm distancing myself from it since the game needs a good 'reboot' in many areas. I'll play other upcoming games until DE figure out something with War Frame. 

I hated railjack and liches at first ngl, but that was due to lack of experience and knowledge as all things in life.

Liches are in a good spot rn, takes about 2hrs or less to get a weapon you want or a converted minion at your beck and call (or when it suits them)

Railjack is fun but more mission types are desperately needed

Railjack: first came out loved the idea if ship combat, played the mode on launch mostly in other people's ship, half the time dread playing the mode because it sat in shambles for 4-5 weeks due to the holiday break, the other half loved it until I got to the veil where it was horrible unplayable for everyone but the host, remained that way for me until the revisit where I enjoy the game most much more being able to fuse ship components and not being on fire 24/7 still play every now and then for leveing up and now resources for helminth.

Lich: got first lich didnt quite understand how to defeat them, once I realized what I needed i was not to thrilled, the initial set up to get your first lich is still a pain and not understanding you have to do your node and your friends node don't really count made me be a one and done lich guy, when the new weapons were added I gave it another shot and had a little more enjoyment now that i understood what I had to do and what you need

P.s. returning friends i tell them if they want to do railjack lets use my ship well have a better time and lich I tell them to avoid unless they really want to try in which case I set them up with one each of a requiem mod

I really enjoy the Railjack content overall, as I'm a huge fan of space flight games. The ability to swap quickly and smoothly between the ship, space, and base missions is frankly one of the best I've seen in most games. I would like to have the Command intrinsics already just to help deal with soloing vs group play.

Liches are frankly boring, imo. I've leveled and killed plenty, and every time it's simply a chore to farm the Thralls over and over for the eventual Requiem combo. It's doubly annoying that we end up spending the time and cost to plonk 5 Forma into each weapon just to continually relevel it to 40. There's a pile of them I still haven't bothered to farm, just as I have no desire to spend that much in Plat or farming for the Formas to waste.

I still find it cool and lacking.

We still need more nodes, corpus and infested specifically. And the boost is still pathetic. For short maneuvering it's ok but on these gigantic levels I'd prefer if I could just boost trough the entire thing.

At this point I look at it as abandoned content. There's no reason to play the thing. For fun I would play it every now and then but there's nothing to get anymore for me so the entire thing is pointless. Well It's not like there was a reason to have this mode in the first place. It doesn't add open world space exploration or anything tied to the main game (that cutscene doesn't count). It's just there as It's now thing.

I really like RJ as a concept.

As an execution it feels more like a demo. It is fun, but gets old really fast because there's only one game mode, and it's pretty simple.

My biggest issue though is it's very very easy. It was kinda hard the first day when I had no intrinsics, no avionics and no modules, but it wasn't "fun" type of hard because I also had zero mobility.

Once I got all the stuff, flying actually became fun, but at the same time completely useless because oh they pound you but who cares. You can just sit in one place, spam hole/tether and collect loot, and they can do nothing to you. Worst case you lazily take a minute to walk to the hull breach and quickly patch it up.

OTOH you can't really make it hard, because then you would be unable to deal with the crewships solo. Because you can't pilot and destroy crewships at the same time.

I'd very very very much like RJ to be harder in veil, requiring you to actually pilot the ship, but that would require the crewship concept rework.

As for liches they are boring. Just your random grind.

I was in the very first wave of Railjack users, getting the thing built quite a good while before we could actually use them. Certainly the "park your ship 5000+ meters away and fly an archwing mission" was obnoxious until we got the sigma-3 gear unlocked in the drydock.  I am among the folks who think the old difficulty was reasonable (high end of reasonable, sure). A MINOR tweak (mostly to the heavy gunners on the Crewships) would have been enough. Oh, well.

But that said... I am very tired of doing the combined exterminate/sabotage missions (oh wait.. there are a couple combined exterminate/assassination missions thrown in - bleh) and so I don't play Railjack much anymor. Similar to Archwing before it really, the tiny and repetitive mission pool means the other mechanics really just don't matter.  I'm done killing x Crewships and y Fighters while sabotaging a few Pulse Turbines/Ship Killers/Missile Platforms... why aren't there any more "points of interest"? No spy? No rescue? Even a "steal thing x" would be a nice change.  How about the base mission not being exterminate at least once per "proxima" ffs.

Liches... They started off grindy and irritating, now they're just grindy. Personally, I think lich Thralls should have just kept dropping the mods directly: the relic schtick is old and tired. Kinda tired of relics dropping as a "reward" from every random thing, not gonna lie, and adding yet another sort of fissure mission was weak.  I also think the required murmur count is too high for an enemy that is otherwise really not all that special - these aren't any sort of nemesis: they hardly even count as an annoyance. Especially when there are 13 weapon variants to get, not considering if you want to try to merge duplicates to get better stats... but I have two lich weapons left to get, and then I'm going to take a long break from this "feature" even though my Bramma is only 25% toxin.

Going forward, I'd like to see more variety in what they actually do (I like the idea of them invading and trying to interfere with "normal" missions). I'd also like to see alternate ways to get "murmurs". Let us do spy missions. Let us capture lich thralls for "interrogation". Add SOME variety beyond "stab with Parazon, don't bother rinsing, repeat 150 times". For the love of Pete don't make it required, but add OPTIONS.

11 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

I actually loved both liches and railjack right from day 1 (i really miss having to constantly put out fires and plug holes, it was legit hectic)

However these 2 systems are great foundations, and DE have a habit of making really cool foundations but, at the risk of sounding pretentious, they need to start making houses, if you get what I mean.

Honestly this quote sums up how I feel about not only the lich and railjack content, but also the open worlds.  In general, I would like to see more diverse and unique missions that have a progression to them in obtaining a goal or fighting a boss/miniboss instead of a handful of tasks grouped together like a list of chores.  Lich railjack missions.  In atmosphere railjack missions.  Something, anything more than the utter simplicity that the majority of missions in this game provide.

Liches are still pain in the ass. I wished it was more like they were introduced in the stream and not like Hunting him down for a long peroid of agony just to let u know u have brought wrong mod order.

Railjack is same like Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidlon and Cetus. Isolated and not connected to the rest of the game like shown in previous devstream (remember going straight into RJ from Orb vallis? Squad Link in Scarlet spear just not existant...)

Not thought through updates. Thats it. Always have been and probably will always be. Clem *sad noises*

vor 10 Stunden schrieb KIREEK:

No, i play railjack from time to time, which is better than before where i only played the necessary to get the ship i wanted.

I feel you! Same for me! :)

It makes even fun already for me and I like the several ways to speed a run up... great resource-drops and cool animations.

I hope they hurry a bit with adding new maps, command-tree & more abilities 👼

Liches practically don't exist for me anymore after I got all the Kuva weapons. Not interested to improve or even invest on any of them too. I've ever put 1 forma on a Kuva Tonkor and that's all. Not looking forward to more Kuva weapons because I'm not looking forward to killing more liches.

RJ is still far from what it could have been. RJ should be integrated to the game from start, not something you farm later in game and not a mode that you play when you have to. They should be part of missions and your daily activities. 

Granted I only started playing late February/early March so I didn't experience the what is widely regarded to as disastrous launch of Railjack nor the bad aspects of Liches.

Personally not a huge fan of Liches. Getting the mods so you can even start the grind was tedious, and getting murmurs is too inconsistent with the thralls sometimes just not spawning more than two per mission. The weapons are pretty cool, but I just can't bring myself to grind them. It's just too drawn out.

Now Railjack I actually like. The space combat is pretty fun, and the idea of a crew working together to keep the ship going is cool (even though I'm a solo player). However, it desperately needs more varied content. Play a mission and you've seen everything it has to offer currently.

Archived