The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm fairly sure we will be able to "make" our own warframe that uses only the skills we subsumed in a near future. [Rumor/Pure guessing]

NotGustavoM

Would there be as much hype for new frames if a bunch of us were just looking for new  abilities to slap on to our modular frame?  How about for new primes?  Will the collection aspect of warframes excite people as much if they're just investing in one?  What about skins? 

Leaving aside the stupendous balance issues, it seems like there's some potential for DE just shooting themselves in the wallet if it's not handled right.   I'd say one designated modular frame is pretty unlikely right off the bat.

22 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Would there be as much hype for new frames if a bunch of us were just looking for new  abilities to slap on to our modular frame?  How about for new primes?  Will the collection aspect of warframes excite people as much if they're just investing in one?  What about skins? 

Leaving aside the stupendous balance issues, it seems like there's some potential for DE just shooting themselves in the wallet if it's not handled right.   I'd say one designated modular frame is pretty unlikely right off the bat.

Yep thats another reason why I dont think they would let us use all helminth abilities on a modular frame, it would make new and old warframes less appealing if you could just build your own from scratch. 

Actually it could be helminth system IS their take on "modular warframe" and theres never gonna be anything more than that. Think they missed a big opportunity with Xaku there though, imagine building your own Xaku from parts even if it only changed looks and health/armor/energy stats. 

On 2020-10-06 at 12:32 PM, NotGustavoM said:

Which can be either a whole new frame (Helminth frame?) or something that allows us to strip all skills out of a specific frame and then replace em with (only) the skills we subsumed. And considering how Xaku is "a bit of everything"... she might be it.

No way is this ever happening; it would be OP.

I could see it if all skills scale based on the slot they are placed in, never above the stats of their initial slot though.

Roar in slot 1 for a fully modular frame would scale down both in strength and cost fitting for a normal #1 skill i.e costing 25 energy to use and beaing only 33% as strong as roar in slot #3. Difference between this roar and the normal subsumed roar is that on the specific "modular" frame it would start at the strength that Rhino provides instead of what the subsumed version provides for other frames. So if placed in slot #3 you'd have a roar equal to that of Rhino.

This would give an incentive so people dont just stacks the strongest skill in all slots. To offset that the frame will have no actual ultimate, the frame could have a passive that increases the strength/range/duration of any skill placed in slot #4 by 100%.

I can imagine a kit frame addition but if they want to keep it balanced they need to add a lot more abilities beyond the helminth system and the current-future frame abilities to keep it interesting. They need to restrict how much point we could spend on stats and on abilities and how strong abilities could be. A simple rpg like point spending system could work here so you can make a frame with physique traits in exchange weaker abilities or make a squishy frame but with powerful abilities. You could min max these within a limited point system and you could make the appearance as you desire it but it need also a variety to choose from. If these are done then this kit frame system would be interesting and optional. They must be very eager of how strong these kit frames could be and they need to keep the original themed frames relevant. 

I can imagine this system would work well because there are a lot of games where you can choose simply presets and pre made classes but ultimately you can make your own class. Champions online comes in my mind first because you can choose a super hero class from there and customize the appearance but if you have membership then you can make your ultimate mish mash hero. This could work here too but without the membership or locked behind huge grind walls. I see a lot of people would like it to make their own warframe from part by part and if they learned from the zaws and kit weapons then they would make it much more appealing in design wise. I know also if it won't be balanced well then it could cause powercreep 'we already have it years by now' or make the devs created frames irrelevant. I suppose not everyone will skip the original frames and they still be powerful and interesting if the devs can find a balanced way to make these frames fun. All depends on how they can imporve in this department.

On 2020-10-06 at 10:26 PM, Tiltskillet said:

no. we still use new weapons even though we have zaws and kitguns. I dont think a kit frame would be OP at all. It would just be a hodgepodge of helminth abilities. Nothing really signature. New frames bring entire new themes. The same way people have a favorite frame, yet still interested in new frames will apply here. 

38 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

still use new weapons even though we have zaws and kitguns.

The stats we can customize on modular weapons are absolutely generic, and they don't  get new capabilities whenever new weapons come out.  And I think the investment people feel is much greater overall with frames than weapons.

Although now you've got me pondering Trumna's grenade on the Veldt. 😃

Modular parts for stats, 2 precept abilities per mastery item (like companions) and 2 slots for subsumable abilities. Balance? Already done, you can't stack roar and another dmg buff. Passive? Allow to pick one of your choice of the existing pool. The "hard" part would be those 2 precepts, but in all honestly, it could be better if they allowed a semi return for ability mods for this instance (to keep the modular companion-like system) and keeping the same structure of the modular MOAs, when you can pick whatever precept you want from another MOA if you have it, untradeable and untransmutable modular mods for the vessel frame, vessel frame that have 2 extra slots just for those 2 precept mods. 

Honeslty, I can't see the problem with this, modular weapons and companions can coexist perfectly with regular weapons and companions, why everyone act like if they must be broken as hell? This is the same paranoia when DE announced the helminth system, people started to outcry about nothing and guess what, the system is trully amazing. DE's core gameplay mechanic is literally a modular system, it's kinda obvious that we will have access to full modular sets of tools to play their game.

On 2020-10-08 at 7:46 PM, vanaukas said:

Modular parts for stats, 2 precept abilities per mastery item (like companions) and 2 slots for subsumable abilities. Balance? Already done, you can't stack roar and another dmg buff. Passive? Allow to pick one of your choice of the existing pool. The "hard" part would be those 2 precepts, but in all honestly, it could be better if they allowed a semi return for ability mods for this instance (to keep the modular companion-like system) and keeping the same structure of the modular MOAs, when you can pick whatever precept you want from another MOA if you have it, untradeable and untransmutable modular mods for the vessel frame, vessel frame that have 2 extra slots just for those 2 precept mods. 

Honeslty, I can't see the problem with this, modular weapons and companions can coexist perfectly with regular weapons and companions, why everyone act like if they must be broken as hell? This is the same paranoia when DE announced the helminth system, people started to outcry about nothing and guess what, the system is trully amazing. DE's core gameplay mechanic is literally a modular system, it's kinda obvious that we will have access to full modular sets of tools to play their game.

Exalted Weapons in Rift (passive).

That will always be my goal.

At this point with DE's woeful balancing Prowess they need to just go ahead and hand it over. 

Give us a tree similar to the focus shenanigans, dissolve all the halfassed augments into that tree so we can in return edit our warframe genetic capabilities(kind of like crispr).

After that DE should concentrate on making interesting enemies to fight and make weapons affect those enemies in interesting ways...problem fixed, 50k a year problem solved for free!

Archived