Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people upset about mr30?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Genuine question Mastery has not and will never matter in Wf other than players wanting to get a higher mr past 16.

The prior Mrs dont make you feel special we just got them to get them. 

we all know De isn't the best with intrinsic or extrinsic rewards imo. 

so why were people expecting MR.30 to have a change of heart and be completely different from the rest of the game?

Many players see (rightfully) a lot of potential in Warframe,

but i think the problem is that at the same time they get hyped too much about what something could become.

Just look at all the recent Updates, Open Worlds, Railjack, Liches, ESO, Arbitrations, Quests - or like now, the MR30 Update.

Everything has potential, and often it has been also DE fault for making promises they simply cant deliver, but some people mistake their ideas of what something should become with what the Devs actually want, and then they are disappointed if Update X turns out to be different or less from what they expected it to be.

I honestly am sick of talking/thinking about the potential of Warframe, i just see what DE releases when its out,

and either i like it and play it or ignore it completly (everything Open World related besides the Helminth right now for example).

If there is one rule about this community it's that there will always be someone upset over everything regardless of what it is.

Though I will say I'm not sure what the issue is as there has never been an expectation of it being something special due to lack of precedent and prior talks of what it might do. While what they are doing is something different and special while not being "important" enough for it to warrant people getting upset over not having it.

So people expecting more set their own unwarranted expectations while those wanting it without working for it just want their "new shiny" for nothing regardless of what it is.

Am 11.10.2020 um 23:02 schrieb DreisterDino:

but i think the problem is that at the same time they get hyped too much about what something could become.

Just look at all the recent Updates, Open Worlds, Railjack, Liches, ESO, Arbitrations, Quests - or like now, the MR30 Update.

Everything has potential, and often it has been also DE fault for making promises they simply cant deliver, but some people mistake their ideas of what something should become with what the Devs actually want, and then they are disappointed if Update X turns out to be different or less from what they expected it to be.

I honestly am sick of talking/thinking about the potential of Warframe, i just see what DE releases when its out,

and either i like it and play it or ignore it completly (everything Open World related besides the Helminth right now for example).

I do agree on this a lot, tho on Railjacak and Lichs it is partly DE's fault still, hyping it themself, comparing to Shadow of Mordor with Lichs and "it is the Battle Of Endor" with Railjack.

There fancy trailers not help, i remember when the Trailers like Alad V reflected the actual gameplay still showing the Warfraem abilities, now it is every generic AAA company.

A lot not wanna hear this but DE themself evolved in a bad direction, but also communities fault of course, while DE simply seems to listen to the wrong people or not reacting to feedback, needing things like the Helmith system to see what abilites or frames get used less or replaced? Instead of looking at the countless feedback threads here or on reddit.

Presentation and expectations are both to blame in a lot of those choices.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

MR 30 actually has way more than I expected but I also expected nothing beyond the usual mastery rank up unlocks. 15 Loadout slots arent nothing. I just hope the relay boosting will be good and worth the time going to a relay.

I'd argue the extra 30 riven slots are going to be appreciated too, that's on top of the current limit.

Personally, if I'm being totally honest, I just can't be bothered to get to rank 30 (I'm mr28) and nothing shown in the devstream makes me want to rush out to get there either... there comes a point in the game where going after the prime items just gets boring and we all know how 'monotonous' the process of levelling frames/weapons is. 

Not to mention after you hit MR you then get to level up 'legendary ranks'....oh yay, lack of info really makes it sound like it's essentially doing the same thing under a different name

I didn't really expect anything for MR30. While I am only about 20k mastery points away, the game doesn't have to treat me as special just for playing so much WF. If some players are so burnt out that only some super reward would keep them playing, they are close to quitting anyway and should probably at least take a break.

I don't know how anyone can be upset with it; what's not to like? 30 Riven Slots, 3 Umbra Forma, unique emotes and emojis, even a special console in the relays. they went WAY beyond anything I expected, and there's something there for everyone. compared to every other MR rank you're basically worshipped as a god lol.

I will only be frustrated if Founders gear influences legendary ranks. Hopefully Mastery Rank 30 is the official "Founders gear really doesn't matter" marker rather than the message: "because you didn't gamble on the game in 2012/2013, you can't really achieve maximum level" statement that Founders items have given off for years.

27 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Agreed Warframe HAS alot of potential. I still feel like it can do great. but everytime ESP. as of reccent De has squandered that potental and missed the mark

also I completely blame De at this point. the updates follow in the cycle of 

De Announces X (generally vague enough for players to start assuming) 

Players get hyped (again De rarley cans assumptions which allows players to build these dreams etc of whats coming which isnt bad but given the state of the community it sure isnt good as well.)

lack of proper communication until the update is in cert or  about to release and oh yeah lack of proper playtesting still ( alot of things can be found out way ahead of time if we had more playtesting done lmao )

update comes out we break the game Dreams are not met  forum go brrrrr. repeat

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I will only be frustrated if Founders gear influences legendary ranks. Hopefully Mastery Rank 30 is the official "Founders gear really doesn't matter" marker rather than the message: "because you didn't gamble on the game in 2012/2013, you can't really achieve maximum level" statement that Founders items have given off for years.

personally i dont mind founders being set out and shown off as something different. I mean if the founders weren't here for better or worse we wouldn't have had warframe or at least how it is today

33 minutes ago, trst said:

So people expecting more set their own unwarranted expectations while those wanting it without working for it just want their "new shiny" for nothing regardless of what it is.

the true issue imo is DE not setting these expectations for us or rather letting us know what to expect entirely from the jump they give us too much room for assumption which is a good and bad thing. but in warframes case with the community its a bad thing 

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

As far as i know, Legendary Mastery Ranks will be nothing more than normal Mastery ranks and every piece of gear will still count, founders exclusives included.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

As far as i know, Legendary Mastery Ranks will be nothing more than normal Mastery ranks and every piece of gear will still count, founders exclusives included.

Yea it's more like a dream for me. My expectations are too high it seems :crylaugh:

21 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

It was a long time coming. You can't help but think back before people even dreamed of MR 30 where people were wondering what mastery was going to be about and now that it's here, it was bound to disappoint because they didn't put much thought into this day either. It's a very "What is this all for?" moment for some people.

But we've known exactly what it was about since they made it increase our standing caps and base mod capacity? There were never any established expectations beyond more of the same and maybe some minor cosmetic thing to commemorate the occasion. Instead we got far more than that thus anyone who somehow expected even more set themselves up for disappointment.

And given the community reactions to anything with MR locks it isn't like they could have put more impactful items/features behind it without needing to fight the backlash of DE "forcing" people to play the game. Which is still going to happen regarding the rewards we are getting anyways.

is it not obvious... to laugh in any lower mr player in their face that we are mr30

Whitney Houston Reaction GIF 

Jokes aside I think finally there is a "reason" to get the next rank because of the mr30 rewards you get are worth it. We are not excited for another MR we are for the loot we get and the free daily boosters. If people are upset... well cry me a river I guess nothing has changed or will change, just this once we actually got something. I think the rewards are fitting and I think the blessings in the relays affect everyone in them even if not mr30, so others also get something out of it.

Because anything DE does is bad by default these days.

Introduce a new grind? BAD. Reduce said new grind by adjusting numbers? APPARENTLY WORSE. Makes melee weapons not deal 7 undecillion damage by adjusting Condition Overload? GAME RUINED FOREVER.

Yep, just another Sunday on the Warframe forums.

Archived