Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you want to see with corpus liches

Shotgunpilot

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

A rework of the murmur grind from the ground up.

Also I don't want to see anything like the Kuva Bramma ever again.

INB4 Kuva Lenz :devil: 

personally I want:

- more than just 2 personalties, especially since these Liches are all-female. an edgy one, a funny one, a goofy one, and a creepy one will do.

- some decent unique weapons to go with the improved versions of existing corpus ones. Ayanga, Chakkhurr and Shildeg were all pretty excellent, hoping for maybe a really big Archgun Opticor, or laser nunchuks, some real wacky stuff like that!

- improvements to murmur farming, to make it less tedious.

- both Grineer and Corpus Liches to now have a special Railjack misison, where once the Lich is rank 5, they have a personal Galleon/Capital ship where they are guaranteed to spawn, allowing you a confrontation once your Requiems are correct.

I think the capture system needs major work. 

There should be a way to view, in detail, your captured liches. Also a way to call them into a mission with a beacon or something (something that we can craft and equip to the gear wheel) so we can call them at will like specters. 

They just aren't OP enough to warrant use as a random-spawning thing.

Change how we encounter the nemesis. Instead of killing thralls and increasing the chance of the appearing, have the nemesis occupy the assassination node, which can only be accessed if you cleared all other influenced nodes on the planet. That or give them their own fortress (in space or on the ground). 

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The vast majority of weapons released lately have had some level of Area-of-Effect

Am I the only who really dislikes AoE weapons? I like having to aim

I remember a while ago, when I first built the staticor I thought at first "Wow! These sure do... look cool" And that was all, they weren't actually enjoyable to use. When I first got the bramma I took it to hydron with just a max serration (not even a catalyst) and haven't touched it since— it was too easy.

Bramma + Mirage users: Not only does it kill my framerate, but also my will to live.

I realize AoE is the most efficient way of clearing trash aside from abilities, but i'm not always concerned with efficiency. Rather, fun. And for some reason big boom boom doesn't do that for me :/

First of all, I don't want to see "Corpus liches" until DE show us that they can make the current system more than a basic demo (because that's what it is). My whish list is as follows:

More unique missions. Current lich missions are the same as the usual ones. I think they should at least have different voiceover to indicate that we are doing a special kind of mission. I'm not asking for a completely new game mode, but something small like a different feel would improve them, at least for me.

More personalities than just 2.

Obviously, integration with Empyrean, but that's coming sooner or later.

Different progression. Currently, the whole system is like a mini game on top of the normal star chart. The original concept from 2-3 years ago showed a different progression, where everything would work as an infiltration of a crime organization. I would like something like that. Instead of killing thralls to get murmurs, have us complete specific missions to hunt specific individuals that would give us whereabouts of the the lich base. So what we have now, but more like sorties, when the game choses the thrall's location for us. And the encounter of our kuva lich would be a boss fight rather than a random encounter. In the meantime the lich's influence would spread as it does now, so we would be pressured into dealing with them or they will steal our stuff. They could also spawn randomly in their territory and when we drive them back, we would get more info on their base location, or some of our loot back, whatever. I wouldn't even mind if the whole process took more time, but I know not everyone wants to spend days on it to get a weapon.

The lich AI could use some work as well. Currently, they have problems with following the player around and tend to stay in one room. They should pose a bigger threat and we shouldn't be able to ignore them so easily when they appear. They should be better at pursuing the player or force a lockdown so we can't escape.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)II2j-ZII said:

Am I the only who really dislikes AoE weapons? I like having to aim

I remember a while ago, when I first built the staticor I thought at first "Wow! These sure do... look cool" And that was all, they weren't actually enjoyable to use. When I first got the bramma I took it to hydron with just a max serration (not even a catalyst) and haven't touched it since— it was too easy.

Bramma + Mirage users: Not only does it kill my framerate, but also my will to live.

I realize AoE is the most efficient way of clearing trash aside from abilities, but i'm not always concerned with efficiency. Rather, fun. And for some reason big boom boom doesn't do that for me :/

I think part of it is enemy and level design, as well as spammability. Latter I've talked about to death, so focusing on the former. I've been playing a game called Deep Rock Galactic, which is also a horde shooter, and it's thus got its fair share of AoE too - grenades, flamethrowers, fluctus-like laser blades. But they're class-locked (this is inadvisable for Warframe) and the enemy design does some fun stuff with it too (which is advisable). Namely, there's a lot more verticality in enemy design by sheer necessity of the destructible cave environments, so enemies can fly or climb over trenches players create. And because of this, it throws plenty of mix-ups for AoE. Not only can enemies avoid choke points in the majority of circumstances, but what AoE is effective isn't universal. The Driller's Flamethrower/Cryo Cannon isn't gonna struggle in most cases - this makes sense, as it is his primary role in combat. The other AoE guy, the Engineer, however, has it as his secondary, and aiming takes more precedent. He achieves AoE through his Grenade Launcher or its alternate pick, the Breach Cutter. Against flying enemies especially, both of those take aim because one needs splash damage (making a miss against a flying target just a flat miss) and the other is a horizontal blade, which flying and wall-crawling enemies are more able to avoid. 

It also helps, of course, that ammo is something you can conceivably run out of on higher difficulties, and thus drives the player forward in the core gameplay loop to get more. Which, in DRG, means mining out resources from the environment. In Warframe, it just drops from enemies and we can solve the whole problem with a mod, so most weapons get more ammo than they use.

20 hours ago, S074 said:

- Different way to deal with the Corpus liches equivalent than murmurs. Make me go on a few errands: find something in a spy mission, do an extermination to make it angry, intercept the corpus lich postion...a sequence of non repetitive missions to get to the battle please!

This!!

I had a whole host of things written on what id like to see but my browser crashed and it didnt recover...

Also bring in a 5% chance of warframe kill on parazon fail, i miss it

Just go into the Kuva Lich feedback thread to see what a lot of people want from the Corpus Liches, I bet you it'll be exactly the same as they  wanted for Kuva.

Personally, I'm praying to God that this isn't going to be another murmur / parazon mod grind.

I'm not going to lie though, what I'm expecting to see is nothing more than a reskin of what we already have.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Corpus not getting King-pin, their getting Queen-pin.

The Kuva Liches are the Queen-pin system as the Grineer Queens are the ones running the show, the Liches are their servants, both male and female. 

This time around it's Parvos Granum who is in control, he is the King-pin running the whole thing. Why they've made all his servants female is anyone's guess.

Personally (if you listen to certain of his comments on Protea) I think it's because he's a dirty old man. 😅

59 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

The Kuva Liches are the Queen-pin system as the Grineer Queens are the ones running the show, the Liches are their servants, both male and female. 

This time around it's Parvos Granum who is in control, he is the King-pin running the whole thing. Why they've made all his servants female is anyone's guess.

Personally (if you listen to certain of his comments on Protea) I think it's because he's a dirty old man. 😅

Then you are both wrong.

This will be a King-PIMP system.

Archived