Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Kuva Nukor nerf

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We knew this before the new stats page lol. Also, the game is easy so the nukor won't really be nerfed, it'll be adjusted.

fair enough, the game is soo easy, with the right mods, you can actually kill things with no weapons at all, just bullet jumping, and jump sliding.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You can't really nerf Nukor much without nerfing the entire beam weapon category. I'm not sure if DE understands that though.

Easy, just shorten the max length of the secondary beams. You know, the beams that let you melt every other enemy in the room without the need to aim? This amount of zero-effort effectiveness is the entire reason the K-Nukor is so overused.

8 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I bet if I was properly motivated I could do some serious bodily harm to an individual using nothing but a microwave. 

Microwave gun in Killing Floor 2 does some serious damage, also makes enemies inflate and explode in a bloody mess 😎

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

Easy, just shorten the max length of the secondary beams. You know, the beams that let you melt every other enemy in the room without the need to aim? This amount of zero-effort effectiveness is the entire reason the K-Nukor is so overused.

That still would have little to no effect on the weapon's overall performance. There's a reason Convectrix, Phage, and Phantasma melt enemies, and Kuva Nukor follows suit. You really can't make a huge impact on Nukor without changing the entire beam category mechanically.

Gee a weapon that has 50% more usage than every other weapon in category, i'm sure nothing bad is going to happen to it

feel like i've watched this movie before, Catchmoon was the same story.

i've prepared for this and have two back ups in the cedo and vermisplicer primary, NERF HAMMER DON"T KEEP ME DOWN!

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That still would have little to no effect on the weapon's overall performance. There's a reason Convectrix, Phage, and Phantasma melt enemies, and Kuva Nukor follows suit. You really can't make a huge impact on Nukor without changing the entire beam category mechanically.

Hes Right GIF by moodman

48 minutes ago, Voltage said:

And yet those three primaries are used nowhere close to as much as the Kuva Nukor. I'm pretty sure the big reason for K-Nunkor's overuse is it damages large groups of enemies passively, like the old Synoid Simulor.

The reason why this weapon is so overused is that the weapon has value through all of the playerbase:
- it is amazing for killing lower levels

- is is not bad for killing in mid levels

- it is great to spread element procs in high levels and damage enemies at the same time

- it will even be used in the highest levels for its element procs

So for all purposes ingame you only really need one weapon and that is the Nukor.

I personally despise META-slaving, yet K-N was probably my most used secondary for 2020 as well. Thing is, I don't actually use it, it was just sitting in my secondary slot for most of the year. I prefer either running with my Zenith or my melee, so most of the time I wont be using it, yet increasing its use time. I found most secondaries are just super boring to use, Kitguns(Never used Catchmoon) were fun for a while to use the Arcanes they had, but most secondaries just felt like they had no distinguishing features. A gun was a gun was a gun. K-N at least had some interesting(mechanically not really gameplay wise) mechanic of growing enemy body parts as well as linking to nearby enemies. The Catabolyst was a nice change of pace to most secondaries.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Give it a worse ammo economy. Done.

Anyways did De said something about nerfs or is this just the usual "de bad" forum circle jerk?

The silly thing is the Nukor generally isn't even used for killing power (says the dumb bum who unironically has hers set for a crit build because 20x crit multiplier is fun).

Most people just use it to prime condition overload melee builds.

Eh, if it dies, it dies. I barely bother using secondaries anyway

Archived