Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Kuva Nukor nerf

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

Another one of those Doom and Gloom, the end is coming, type thread. Guess everyone here completely missed this:
unknown.png

Or perhaps you did not missed it, just chose to ignore it in order to create unneeded drama yet again because of DE history with the Catchmoon being nerfed for being used too much.

I mean, they say that, but DE has a history of nerfing things because they are used a lot more than other stuff. 

So I wouldn't call it doom and gloom, I would call it people cynically preparing for what they have long come to expect. 

17 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can't really nerf Nukor much without nerfing the entire beam weapon category. I'm not sure if DE understands that though.

Nukor's strength isn't in just being a beam weapon. It's in being an AoE, heavy-crit, heavy-status beam weapon. You don't have to nerf the beam part

Oh yeah, let's make guns even more irrelevant compared to melee! Let's keep doing the thing that got us into this horrible meta to begin with!

Surely THIS time that horrible "loose nail" rationale will work out. The first 100 times it failed were simply flukes, surely swinging the nerf bat more this time will work!

20 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Another one of those Doom and Gloom, the end is coming, type thread. Guess everyone here completely missed this:
unknown.png

Or perhaps you did not missed it, just chose to ignore it in order to create unneeded drama yet again because of DE history with the Catchmoon being nerfed for being used too much.

Popularity dictates balance. DE not long ago tried nerfing Khora entirely due to her popularity, if people weren't spamming her in SP, they never would've tried changing her, even though the idea of afking in a room spamming 1 while being invulnerable would've been bad regardless of her usage rate. The same was true for Limbo in SS, he always did what he did, DE made no changes until after he was spammed, and he wasn't even the only Warframe to enable afking Murex, but he was the most popular option to do so, so only he got an actual nerf that didn't really do much. Catchmoon wasn't even the only weapon changed due to usage, there was K-Bramma where until more people got it DE didn't care about it. When Shieldgate was added Rakta Dark Dagger got changed because people were using it, if no one used it, it likely would've never been changed since other interactions to this day haven't changed.

The disclaimer doesn't even mention whether they'll nerf something or not, it's just stating that it isn't a tier list to influence what you would use. They even specify not worrying if you like something people don't use, rather than don't worry if what you use is popular.

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

unknown.png

DE has not exactly done anything to prove me wrong over the past few years, have they?

On 2021-01-30 at 9:20 AM, Battle.Mage said:

and why nerf ??? How about just buff at least 3 senseless weapons from the list? then kuva nukor disappears by itself.

Pablo at the 18:40 mark - Buffing weak weapons to outlier levels results in the rest of the game having to be re-balanced around outlier levels, which would necessitate enemy buffs. This would in turn result in indirect nerfs to every weapon because enemies are stronger in order to compete with outliers.

30 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Buffing weak weapons to outlier levels results in the rest of the game having to be re-balanced around outlier levels, which would necessitate enemy buffs. This would in turn result in indirect nerfs to every weapon because enemies are stronger in order to compete with outliers.

More commonly known as "power creep".

But the stats don't lie sadly, almost every top used Warframe/Weapon are near zero effort killing machines, or in Wukong Prime's case a frame with an autofire bot which can use said effortless weapons flawlessly and 3 get out of jail free cards per mission.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-30 at 11:35 AM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I have used all of the companions and sentinels extensively and found my top three are Panzer > Smeeta > Helios. The rest are just not worth bothering with. (Besides niche circumstances).

agree fully, although i like carrier better than helios cuz ammo

5 minutes ago, Daken333 said:

agree fully, although i like carrier better than helios cuz ammo

Carrier is okay. But if it dies in a mission you're pretty much stuffed ammo-wise. You're better off putting an ammo mutation mod in the weapon exilus slot.

Helios is mainly used because it can equip Deconstructor which is the only Sentinel weapon that can use melee mods. That way it can be used to stack the gladiator set bonus to boost your melee crit chance. The effect still persists even if Helios is dead.

Am 30.1.2021 um 22:40 schrieb Tesseract7777:

I mean, they say that, but DE has a history of nerfing things because they are used a lot more than other stuff. 

So I wouldn't call it doom and gloom, I would call it people cynically preparing for what they have long come to expect. 

No, they have a history of nerfing things that are blatantly massively better than other stuff. After that, there's an influx of people on this forum who dishonestly claim that it was "just because it was popular" in an effort to get the nerf reversed and prevent future nerfs by making the devs afraid of the S#&$storm that every single nerf, no matter how justified, will inevitably cause.

People will then continue to parrot that dishonest narrative for months and years, as if they didn't know fully well what made the stuff that got nerfed so popular in the first place.

Am 30.1.2021 um 15:00 schrieb Ace-Bounty-Hunter:

It was changed shortly after melee 3.0 was released. It was capped at 3 statuses, which basically killed the mod. But player outcry made them remove the cap.

Nonsense. The original patch notes of the change even have a table in it that shows the multiplier between the new and old version up to 7 statuses. The mod wasn't changed at all since then.

Player outcry didn't happen because the new version was bad, it was because the new version was worse than the old version and people (as usual) just wanted to keep their toy and didn't care about the end result or how ludicrous an exponentially growing damage multiplier was. The history of Condition Overload just proves my point that you can't nerf anything in this game without people throwing a tantrum over it.

33 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

The history of Condition Overload just proves my point that you can't nerf anything in this game without people throwing a tantrum over it.

Some people are -still- upset about CO not being multiplicative with Pressure Point.  Which is just... 🤨

On 2021-01-30 at 6:19 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Easy, just shorten the max length of the secondary beams. You know, the beams that let you melt every other enemy in the room without the need to aim? This amount of zero-effort effectiveness is the entire reason the K-Nukor is so overused.

It's the reason the meta is so loved. There's easy and then there's META easy.

On 2021-01-29 at 10:29 PM, o0Despair0o said:

And nothing of value was lost.

Hurray for not being a meta slave.

You people are so utterly ridiculous.  

"I'm so glad that the effective tools and gear that other people enjoy are all being nerfed into the ground!  Everyone should be a Plinx main, like me because I'm not a mEtA slAvE"

On 2021-01-30 at 8:21 PM, JackHargreav said:

Oh really. They nerfed the catchmoon?

I didn't notice because the nerf was so small.

And the other two just simply deserved the nerf. You can add any new term for it. De just balanced the game.

I'm not saying they are consistent with their balancing. Since exalted weapons are still meh. But you could see that coming from a mile away.

They nerfed it into becoming the second most used secondary!  It's useless, I tell you! Completely useless! As useless as the Stug!

Sarcasm aside, I'd hoped the KNukor got a nerf like the Catchmoon and not like, say, the Akrid or Synoid Gammacor. Both of which went from *THE* secondary to sue and to irrelevance. Akrid is what happened when they nerfed the DPS into closer to the Lato, while Synoid Gammacor is when they nerfed it into unusable territory (they nerfed the ammo consumption). If KNukor were to be nerfed, either the spreading beam should take a hit or the secondary beam damage gets a nerf. But would nerf its ability to clear rooms for low to mid levels but the second idea would not decrease its function as status spreader.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You people are so utterly ridiculous.  

"I'm so glad that the effective tools and gear that other people enjoy are all being nerfed into the ground!  Everyone should be a Plinx main, like me because I'm not a mEtA slAvE"

You want fries with that?

On 2021-01-29 at 8:48 PM, Voltage said:

You can't really nerf Nukor much without nerfing the entire beam weapon category. I'm not sure if DE understands that though.

Sure they'll find a way.

Reduce or remove chaining.

Reduce damage.

Adjust crit stats or magazine size.

Reduce status chance.

I dont see it getting left alone. Its a dominant choice solely in terms of abilify to kill things, and its *also* one of the best if not the best secondary to use to stack condition overload. 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Sure they'll find a way.

Reduce or remove chaining.

Reduce damage.

Adjust crit stats or magazine size.

Reduce status chance.

I dont see it getting left alone. Its a dominant choice solely in terms of abilify to kill things, and its *also* one of the best if not the best secondary to use to stack condition overload. 

But it is also kind of a waste as a CO primer now that Cedo is a thing, which just stacks statuses quicker without you having to actually keep firing it. It's pretty much just allows you to flail away like an idiot with melee, then just hit your ADS followed by a tap of your alternate fire then back to mashing E while Cedo's glaive just bounces around stacking statuses around you as you melee.

The worst thing DE can do is nerf Kuva Nukor down to being just another primer, we already have enough of those. What ranged combat needs is to be able to stand on its own feet and compete with melee aslong as melee is going to be the OP approach that it currently is. The day they decide to tweak melee down to more balanced levels is the day they should consider fixing the outlier ranged weapons and bringing up others to better power levels aswell. Pushing us further into melee just wont solve anything. They should be happy that atleast a few ranged options are competative atm.

40 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But it is also kind of a waste as a CO primer now that Cedo is a thing, which just stacks statuses quicker without you having to actually keep firing it. It's pretty much just allows you to flail away like an idiot with melee, then just hit your ADS followed by a tap of your alternate fire then back to mashing E while Cedo's glaive just bounces around stacking statuses around you as you melee.

The worst thing DE can do is nerf Kuva Nukor down to being just another primer, we already have enough of those. What ranged combat needs is to be able to stand on its own feet and compete with melee aslong as melee is going to be the OP approach that it currently is. The day they decide to tweak melee down to more balanced levels is the day they should consider fixing the outlier ranged weapons and bringing up others to better power levels aswell. Pushing us further into melee just wont solve anything. They should be happy that atleast a few ranged options are competative atm.

I get where youre coming from but:

1) you used the words "kind of . . . Cedo".

Out of hundreds of weapons in this game there are only a few that can compete with kuva nukor based as a status primer alone. Cedo might be more than adequate to compete as a status proc, but its not like its miles better, and even if it was it would be one of if not the only weapon that can be said for. 

If anything i wouldnt be surprised if DE turns around and nerfs cedo as well.

And its a primary. DE is probably likely to nerf it just for its dominance as a secondary weapon. 

2) even without the primer aspect its still a dominant choice simply in terms of being able to kill things. It hits hard enough vs one target but can hit multiple targets at once. 

In my humble opinion its more efficient for killing enemies than catchmoon ever was. 

On 2021-01-29 at 10:24 PM, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Enjoy using the Kuva Nukor while you can, Tenno. 

cLPsIk0.png

DE is going to wait until they bring out new weapons from some new updates, before they nerf these over used ones. That way the new ones can look shiny and appealing and make players want to get them so they get back to killing things fast.

For the next future events, they will just rinse and repeat. Like clock work almost.  

On 2021-01-30 at 4:19 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Easy, just shorten the max length of the secondary beams. You know, the beams that let you melt every other enemy in the room without the need to aim? This amount of zero-effort effectiveness is the entire reason the K-Nukor is so overused.

Literally every melee weapon in the game modded right does that, what do u do just press e e e e e e e e.

Same as holding left mouse button with nukor.

I dont even remember last time I used primary weapon in this game other than messing around with Lenz.

There is no saving grace to nerfing nukor. If it gets too nerfed it just wont be used. Melee will still exist so its not like game will be any different.

There will always me some form of meta overused weapon like nukor. Rather than nerfing buffing weapons 24/7 better rework how elements work because you literally mod everything same way I would like to run gas/cold etc as a viable builds.

Archived